#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

All this talk about addictive computer games... I don't believe you, I don't believe it is possible for you to find the time to feed your addiction plus have enough hours left over to go to work, do your housework, feed yourself, DH and the kids, and every other little thing that takes me forever to do; plus SLEEP!!!

Obviously the universe has been lying to me my whole life about only 24 hours in a day :cry4:

ETA: Muski I love your Gandhi quote!

housework? BWAH!!!

Housework and sleep are highly overrated. I think I am probably the only one left *sigh* luckiest1 when you get up which will be a couple of hours from now, I promise I will get to work, in about 4 hoursish.

I downloaded the Clay item from E! today and heard the name of Jaymes' ex-husband for the first time. He's a big-time music mogul. Lord, with David Foster for a big brother, and having lived for many years with "Leeds" Levy (Lou Levy, Jr.) she should be amazingly plugged into the industry.

http://www.ascap.com/about/board/levy-bio.html

kf, meant to comment on this last night but I got distracted by various gerbils wheels elsewhere. :blink: Mr. Levy looks likes he's a pretty heavy hitter in the music industry. Jaymes might be much more connected into the business side then she gets credit for.

muskifest - The Muppet's gonna get ya! I love to Clay hear singing with himself getting all gospelly in the background.

For playbiller, to help with the mouse issue. => catdestroyearth.gif

Each of us (including Clay) needs to find joy in ourselves (nope, nobody swallowed it). There's no one else who's going to provide this and so we need to take care of ourselves; what good does reading and responding to nasty stuff do? Nasty people will always exist, like cockroaches. Responding angrily to them will not change things. There are some good people out there and we need to surround ourselves with the right sort. Family, we can't choose, but we don't have to take cr*p from them either.

Meanwhile, play nice songs and good interviews -- like the AP Broadway one. Get some hyacinths for the soul. Hang with good people. Laugh at the nasty ones.

I'm not so worried about Clay because I think he knows how to handle things like these. Somehow, more than ever, I think he's going to be ok. Really.

ETA: We all deserve to work in a place where people respect us and treat us well. If co-workers cross the line regularly, someone needs to get reported and/or maybe even sued.

What a great post. :clap: I am still amazed that not.one.single.person in my RL (including the guys at work who regularly tease me) have mentioned this to me yet. I can't figure out if it's because they think it would upset me, or if it's because we've been around this tabloid merry-go-round before and I convinced them not to believe everything they read.......talked to my mom again last night, still nada. I'm not going to bring it up until we've at least had some sort of confirmation or denial from Clay or Jaymes. Because I know, ultimately, the question I'll be asked is "is it true"? I am, after all, the Clay Aiken expert. Yeah, they also believe he greets me by name when I go to his concerts. :cryingwlaughter: They just don't get it......

All we can do against the lack of integrity is to make sure we act with as much integrity as we can.

This is a sentiment I can really get behind!

All this talk about addictive computer games... I don't believe you, I don't believe it is possible for you to find the time to feed your addiction plus have enough hours left over to go to work, do your housework, feed yourself, DH and the kids, and every other little thing that takes me forever to do; plus SLEEP!!!

Obviously the universe has been lying to me my whole life about only 24 hours in a day :cry4:

Hee, I know! Computer games? Whereever do y'all find the time? Not that I do housework......it's more like clean up the carnage every night after work, that's what having 3 teen/twentysomethings does to your house.........

play....just say no. Just don't go to these sites. That's what I'm doing this go around. Can't be upset by what you don't read/see/hear, etc.

My sandboxes are very limited this time. Here and main of CH...that's it.

Yeah, but as play says, the main boards (including CH) are where some of those "used to be fans" are coming back and upsetting some folks. I have stopped reading anywhere but here. Although I find it hard not to give in to the temptation to go over and skim for relevant links....I have to get past the "I might be missing something important" thing. It's sad. Glad to hear they closed that OFC thread. I hadn't read it since the first day and night, when they closed it for editting, but even then it was pretty bad. So does this mean that they are no longer allowing this situation to be discussed there? I'm actually wondering how long before some of the other major boards call a moratorium on it. If neither Clay or Jaymes makes a statement this week, they may have to, to keep the peace.

Forgot to send hugs out to ldyj and FromClaygary yesterday. Hope you are both feeling better this morning! And anyone who is hurting over the tabloids (which includes more than tabloids lately, sad as it is). {{{hugs}}}

There is more baseball today, but I've opted to take at least the morning off so I can get some things done, like groceries and laundry. Yep, there are never enough hours in the day.....

Oh, and last but not least, :F_05BL17blowkiss: to ansa and couchie for this place.

ETA: goldarngirl, I am in no rush, seriously! I am trying to just stay a step ahead of you. :lol:

What a great post. I am still amazed that not.one.single.person in my RL (including the guys at work who regularly tease me) have mentioned this to me yet. I can't figure out if it's because they think it would upset me, or if it's because we've been around this tabloid merry-go-round before and I convinced them not to believe everything they read.......talked to my mom again last night, still nada. I'm not going to bring it up until we've at least had some sort of confirmation or denial from Clay or Jaymes. Because I know, ultimately, the question I'll be asked is "is it true"? I am, after all, the Clay Aiken expert. Yeah, they also believe he greets me by name when I go to his concerts. They just don't get it......

I've had two people mention it. My daughter asked me if I didn't think it was kind of creepy and a friend called to tell me her DH had heard about it and wanted to know why she hadn't told him!! He knows she has this friend who is up on all the lastest CA news and just knew I would know all about it. See I too am the "Clay Aiken expert"!

In checking various boards, what I've found is that most fans have been pleasantly surprised by the reactions of their co-workers and relatives. Some were dreading hearing the same old crap from the same old people. What most, who have written about it, have found is despite the firestorm in the media there appears to be more acceptance of Clay with the news that he may about to become a father. In many cases, it is almost like people read the headline only and basically know the daddy part and either don't know the rest of the story or they don't care about the rest of the story. I hope that trend continues.

I did read some vicious posts at AOL but you know what, those jerks probably go after every celebrity. I even read that there are some vicious hater boards directed towards Rachel Ray. I can understand people not liking someone but the internet hate is out of control.

My perception is that a lot of us are focused on Clay and it seems like he gets most of the ridicule. I'm not so sure that is true. I think there are a lot of idiots/creeps out there going after many other celebrities too. It is encouraged by the late night talk shows, comics, owners of major media, editors, in short those trying to make a buck by walking on the bodies of others alive or dead. They want hits/ratings/money and it does not matter how they get it.

Off topic, but did we already know this? I hadn't seen it mentioned, but I am happy that it gives me a couple of months to save up the money I need!

http://www.bubelaiken.org/GettingInvolved/...71/Default.aspx

Individual Sponsor: $250

•Individual admission to the evening activities

•Individual Sponsorships will only be available online.

•Individual tickets will go on sale at 12pm Eastern on July 28.

Ivy, I usually read about the first page of comments on aol when there is a story that catches my eye, and most of the time the crazies are out in full force, which is why I stop at the first page of comments. Even stories that are heartwarming or tragic, and they will have comments that are really deranged. So I do know its not just Clay that gets them. I think its the same bunch of wackos though that have no life who just comment on anything posted. Some people seriously need help.

justclay12 - Thank you for telling me about what you have seen on the internet with regards to the crazies. I was making a guess. I would love to have more time to do more on the internet but between work, family and reading the Clay boards there isn't much time. On one hand, it is good to know that this isn't just directed at Clay. On the other hand, it is scary that there are so many whackos out there with nothing better to do than trash others.

I keep forgetting to welcome CAlurker!

Thanks for the well wishes guys. My back seems to be much better, but the knee is still bum. Will go to the doctor tomorrow....

TITLE THREAD POLL AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!

Wii Fit – what do you do on it? Yoga? What are the choices?

That balance board gives you lots of options. The ads push the yoga options, and those are really hard. There are also several balance games, such as doing "virtual hula hoop" and skiing. There's a fun ski jump one as well. Another option is the strength workouts, such as push ups. (Haven't done any of those yet, they seem too much like work, especially with the bum knee.) And then there's aerobics, using the balanace board more as a step, although you can run in place on it too.

AND ATTENTION, CLAYGASM! I listened to the Muppet Song and after about the third time, I started to really like it. His voice is glorious in it, for sure. I love that it starts with JUST the sound of his voice. And I love the part when his voice can be heard harmonizing with him...

In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Glad the Muppet song finally is getting to you....and I added the last statement as a thread title possibility...

Gosh, I didn't realize how many people were feeling down about things. {{{Hugs to everyone who need them}}}

I wish things were better. But this is how things work. That world that Clay sings about in MGUCL? It doesn't exist. What we have is our world today. It isn't fair. Being good or deserving or working hard or being the "best" doesn't guarantee that things go your way. S**T happens. But here and there, sometimes good things come and if we keep chugging along, good will prevail. Babies are always nice because they help us remember what is good about everything. They bring joy and hope.

Each of us (including Clay) needs to find joy in ourselves (nope, nobody swallowed it). There's no one else who's going to provide this and so we need to take care of ourselves; what good does reading and responding to nasty stuff do? Nasty people will always exist, like cockroaches. Responding angrily to them will not change things. There are some good people out there and we need to surround ourselves with the right sort. Family, we can't choose, but we don't have to take cr*p from them either.

Meanwhile, play nice songs and good interviews -- like the AP Broadway one. Get some hyacinths for the soul. Hang with good people. Laugh at the nasty ones.

I'm not so worried about Clay because I think he knows how to handle things like these. Somehow, more than ever, I think he's going to be ok. Really.

ETA: We all deserve to work in a place where people respect us and treat us well. If co-workers cross the line regularly, someone needs to get reported and/or maybe even sued.

Just wanted to see this beautiful post again. I wish it would travel to every single board out there....

{{{{{laljeterfan}}}}} Don't forget -- "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, sets you free from all that held you down."

But, that's Clay... he's not gonna change himself to suit idiots who want him to be other than who he is.

Amen.

The media is very scary! You honestly cannot believe anything you read anymore and unless it is a live feed, I don't believe anything on video or pictures either. Everything can be slanted by editing/photoshopping to make one thing look like something else. I learned a lot about that from watching the Making of Lord of the Rings video... lol

I don't even trust live feeds anymore. They usually try to find the hickiest hick that ever hicked when covering tornado damage, don't they?

CG, I do not discount your feelings. Feelings are real, and they can't be controlled, and I'm sorry that you are hurting.

That said, I do think you are overreacting, and I think this is your problem to work through.

When you go against the flow it's very hard NOT to think it's just all a pile on - and I wont' say that some people aren't a bit agressive in their posts - but we are strong women all along the spectrum. I guess I Just expect people to be able to handle it because really what's the other alternative.... edit, deletes, colors, constantly. I'm not going down that road at all.

And I love that about this board. There are a lot of different personalities here, but most of the time we manage to get along. For each member to take responsibility, as opposed to putting it all on the admins, is hard, and not always perfect, but it sure beats the alternative, IMO.

It took me 3 years of being on boards before getting to that point, of being able to just accept that what I would write on a board might not be popular, or that people might not agree. What I find I do in that instance is just let it go, and for the most part, we do that here...but "we" are not perfect on it either. No board is.

I love all you FCAer's.

ETA: Muski I love your Gandhi quote!

housework? BWAH!!!

I gain new pets every month -- from the dust bunnies under the bed. I hate euthanizing them.

Now, talking about that, can I still be a member if the only game I even recognize is PONG?

Yeah, go ahead and laugh.

Sure you can clayzedover! Loved the rest of your post too!

My perception is that a lot of us are focused on Clay and it seems like he gets most of the ridicule. I'm not so sure that is true. I think there are a lot of idiots/creeps out there going after many other celebrities too. It is encouraged by the late night talk shows, comics, owners of major media, editors, in short those trying to make a buck by walking on the bodies of others alive or dead. They want hits/ratings/money and it does not matter how they get it.

Bingo! I think more than a few of us have been saying this for a while, it's just taken this particular "incident" for it to become crystal clear.

The thing is, I think we as a fandom will figure out our own ways to work through this latest "mess." Some have to come back out of the woodwork to do it; some will fade into the woodwork. Some will vent and vent and vent on message boards; some will think about it during their drive times, listening to OMWH (like me). It will happen, and we'll deal.

I still don't get the frenzy. Just reading, not going there, the original gossip site "report", It just says that Clay was a sperm doner to his good friend, who is an older than he is, and will take part in bringing up the child. What is freaky about that? It probably evolved at other sites but I don't get it. But whether they are lovers or good friends, I don't find anything out of the norm about it. I mean about the alleged story. Maybe its just me because I have some really odd family members. :seesaw:

After watching the Leno show again, I can't see why Jack Black is cool. He acted quite odd that night. :headbangerf:

I had lunch with two friends on Friday who wanted to know what is going on with Clay. They had seen something on the news. I told them I don't know and that everything is based on a report from a gossip site and that Clay and Jaymes haven't said anything about it. I told them I'd get back to them when the statement from the actual participants' was released. Then we switched to the real gossip about their employer's family. At least these were facts.

Isn't it tonight that Paula Dean is having a preview about her upcoming season? Clay is proported to be a guest in August. I'll probably watch just for a glimpse.

I can't figure out if it's because they think it would upset me, or if it's because we've been around this tabloid merry-go-round before and I convinced them not to believe everything they read.......talked to my mom again last night, still nada.

Same here--not a word. I finally brought it up with my mother, in case she heard it, and she was like, oh yeah, I know, Clay got a woman pregnant but he's going to pay child support. :cryingwlaughter: I tried to explain AI but she wasn't getting it. I did emphasize that it is all a rumor, as she would've seen it on her local news. As many of you know, she's not altogether there. At any rate, she didn't seem upset or even particularly interested.

Ivy, I usually read about the first page of comments on aol when there is a story that catches my eye, and most of the time the crazies are out in full force, which is why I stop at the first page of comments. Even stories that are heartwarming or tragic, and they will have comments that are really deranged. So I do know its not just Clay that gets them. I think its the same bunch of wackos though that have no life who just comment on anything posted. Some people seriously need help.

It's important to remember this. I do think Clay gets more than his fair share, but I think of someone like Brad/Angelina. Every week while waiting to check out I read horrible things on the front of numerous magazines, about her, about their marriage, which is on the verge of collapse, every week. I just assume that it's all fiction, but I can't imagine buying or reading the stuff.

I still don't get the frenzy. Just reading, not going there, the original gossip site "report", It just says that Clay was a sperm doner to his good friend, who is an older than he is, and will take part in bringing up the child. What is freaky about that? It probably evolved at other sites but I don't get it. But whether they are lovers or good friends, I don't find anything out of the norm about it. I mean about the alleged story. Maybe its just me because I have some really odd family members. :seesaw:

I know, I know. I see that there are some folks that are really upset, but I when I heard the story, I thought, if it is true, it's all about love.

I guess I am one that is starting to believe it.

I do believe she is pregnant.

I believe Clay is the father.

I just am not sure about the AI (and it is not my business), but could be true due to her age.

I do not feel we will learn anything from Clay or Jaymes until the baby is born...... unless something new develops between now and then. I just have a feeling that they wanted to wait until the baby arrived before making the announcement...... together.

I notice that many/some are going back to December and looking at things from a different viewpoint and so I decided to join in to have a look. In doing so, I see a few things that could point to the fact that he just learned/knows that he is going to be a father. I see a happy man.

......Except for the one picture that was taken by a fan at GMA. He was waiting to go on stage and the camera caught him with a very sad look and tears in his eyes. It apparently did not last long, but that picture did something to me. :cry4:

Same here--not a word. I finally brought it up with my mother, in case she heard it, and she was like, oh yeah, I know, Clay got a woman pregnant but he's going to pay child support. :cryingwlaughter: I tried to explain AI but she wasn't getting it. I did emphasize that it is all a rumor, as she would've seen it on her local news. As many of you know, she's not altogether there. At any rate, she didn't seem upset or even particularly interested.

Hee, that's why I find it strange....I'm pretty sure my mom might even recognize the name "Jaymes Foster" as she's been privy to enough of our Clay conversations over the years, and she was at the Toronto JBT, to boot. Heck, apparently yesterday at the baseball tourney, my son had to field questions on the bench, fer gawds sake. "What does your mom's license plate mean? Did you know he is having a kid? Does that mean he's not gay anymore?" :rollseyes: Yeah, I'd say the story is pretty mainstream at this point, even here in the great white north. LOL. Of course, there is the Canadian connection.....

I see that there are some folks that are really upset, but I when I heard the story, I thought, if it is true, it's all about love.

Yep, and that is what I still believe. Regardless of circumstances, AI, whatever, if Clay is involved, it's gotta be all about love.

Off to the grocery store, iPod in hand! ;)

Sleuth that I am, I look for little clues and for some reason I picked up on Jaymes just about the second I got into the online fan business. I also wondered about the comment Clay made on Leno a couple of weeks ago ... and I can read sumpin' sumpin' into this:

Jack Black sang a bit of a song he wrote for his first child …. “Yes you are my baby … by baby, baby, baby, baby boy ….”

When Clay came out ….

Clay to Jay (pointing to Jack): He stole my song. I was going to sing that song earlier.

Jack to Clay: “Yes You Are My Baby?

Clay: Yes

Jack: You’ve got one called that too?

Clay: That’s the same one.

Jack: I’ve got two called that.

Clay: Oh, really? I think I’m going to do the extended version later.

Jack: There’s always room for another “Yes You Are My Baby”

That made no sense to me the first time I watched Leno -- but on the Thursday night repeat it leapt out at me. It's not definitive, but it's interesting.

For everyone who thinks Jaymes is a step-down or settling or something less than spectacular friend/babymama/whatever for Clay, I present the following photos that I clipped from clack ...

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-11.jpg

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-10.jpg

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-8.jpg

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-5.jpg

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-3.jpg

You know what Clay was singing at the moment of that screencap above? "I was never gonna be the same .."

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-1.jpg

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_70sM.jpg

I see that there are some folks that are really upset, but I when I heard the story, I thought, if it is true, it's all about love.

Yep, and that is what I still believe. Regardless of circumstances, AI, whatever, if Clay is involved, it's gotta be all about love.

Love that. Nice remember of the guy we love. Well put.

Sleuth that I am, I look for little clues and for some reason I picked up on Jaymes just about the second I got into the online fan business. I also wondered about the comment Clay made on Leno a couple of weeks ago ... and I can read sumpin' sumpin' into this:

Jack Black sang a bit of a song he wrote for his first child …. “Yes you are my baby … by baby, baby, baby, baby boy ….”

When Clay came out ….

Clay to Jay (pointing to Jack): He stole my song. I was going to sing that song earlier.

Jack to Clay: “Yes You Are My Baby?

Clay: Yes

Jack: You’ve got one called that too?

Clay: That’s the same one.

Jack: I’ve got two called that.

Clay: Oh, really? I think I’m going to do the extended version later.

Jack: There’s always room for another “Yes You Are My Baby”

That made no sense to me the first time I watched Leno -- but on the Thursday night repeat it leapt out at me. It's not definitive, but it's interesting.

For everyone who thinks Jaymes is a step-down or settling or something less than spectacular for Clay, I present the following photos that I clipped from clack a couple of years ago ...

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-11.jpg

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-10.jpg

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-8.jpg

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-5.jpg

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-3.jpg

You know what Clay was singing at the moment of that screencap above? "Now I know I'll never be the same .."

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-1.jpg

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_70sM.jpg

Thanks so much for posting those pics! What was the occasion, for Jaymes to beon the stage?

All these other games y'all are talking about, I've never played. I tried a little once upon a time, but I totally suck at computer games. Whatever part of the brain they use, I think I'm missing that part. :cryingwlaughter:

Me too! Don't get 'em, don't understand the addiction...and I can remember in my SLEEP the noise from that "Pong" game my ex and my boys played all. friggin. day!! Maybe that's why I have such a hate on for them! :cryingwlaughter:

On the other hand, I bet my art sites and work would bore you guys senseless too! :lol:

Whatever we learn about all that this story has to reveal to us, I'll be here supporting this good man whose moral principles I've never doubted. My time on this earth should not be spent judging others; each of us has our own challenges and we need to work through them individually...that is what makes us so different from each other. Whatever Clay's choice in the matter, it is HIS and not MINE or ANYBODY ELSE'S. Don't want to get to mystical here, but have always felt we were all called to Clay for some purpose. I love his foundation and I love his voice and personality, but have always felt it was more than that. Not sure what, but know that there is a purpose we have found our way to each other...kind of like "everything happens for a reason."

YEAH!! THAT!

GREAT post!

I notice that many/some are going back to December and looking at things from a different viewpoint and so I decided to join in to have a look. In doing so, I see a few things that could point to the fact that he just learned/knows that he is going to be a father. I see a happy man.

......Except for the one picture that was taken by a fan at GMA. He was waiting to go on stage and the camera caught him with a very sad look and tears in his eyes. It apparently did not last long, but that picture did something to me. :cry4:

Did you also see the fan pics from GMA, that showed Quiana and Clay removing/trying to remove something from his eye? Everything in perspective....

Luckiest1, thanks for the well wishes....ldyj, glad to hear your back and knee are doing better. Not so lucky here...getting progressively worse, and I guess I'm going to have to cancel my trip out of town tomorrow and see if I can get a referral from my doctor to a chiropractor. I'm scared, because years ago a chiropractor did work on me that was SO bad I was nearly incapacitated for life....but, I know my doctor can do nothing for what is wrong now other than drug me some more, and then I can't work, and then.....yeah. So I guess I'll see if I can find a decent chiro and see if he/she can do anything. Worst of it is, I suspect this relapse was caused by a trip to the hospital for a bone density test...and the forcing of my back into unnatural positions to get the pictures. Sigh...

Yesterday I went to another board and got into an debate about the humanity of disturbing people who are isolated. Are we denying primitive tribes rights by not contacting them? My point was leave them alone, others wanted to bring them doctors and schools and teach them higher math. Guess I am going against the stream but I still don't think their life is worse because they see planes but don't know what they are, I think they may just have a god life, not everyone needs to be civilized. I don't see why this is the outsider position, but maybe I spent too many years away from debating the current news or maybe it is an attitude to respect the unusual and privacy that some Clay fans have developed over the years.

I don't like that they are being tracked and photographed, but I understand there is a PR push to protect their land against greedy developers.

As to reading comments, I rarely do that, except at places like Amazon and Itunes (good assignment for today).

On the music news, today can be the day that we get Clay's myspace OMWH to 100K. Ineed to join antoerh group and reach out to make friends (and lure them to my myspace, ha ha!) I have posted pictures of Holly and of Sadie there right now, soon I will post pictures of dogs through my life!!! I need to take more pictures of Holy doing silly things and add a slideshow so people will stay for the whole song!

Sorry to hear people are not feeling well. It challenges the joy to be achey. I don't suppose it is valid to say take two "classics" and call me in the morning?

Clay looking happy, he has been looking happy for a while. there is probably nothing tha we know about that can be attributed to his happiness, there might be otehr stuff going on.

Holly just doesn't get the mouse, she is so spoiled with food now, so I will be off to get a mouse trap (humane) today. It was like a little ball of grey fluff, not flat furred like the others, more like a specialty pet mouse from a store.

As to why was Jaymes on stage? There is the family that surrounds Clay in every endeavor. I remember when the guitarist Jae walked off stage for 3 songs rather than take part in some Clay schtik. It caused all kinds of bad feelings apparently since he never appeared in the band after that show. People think that Clay had an arguement with Jacovb, heh, probably piddly compared to the problem with Jae. Talk about moments you are glad you were not a fly on the wall.

a downgrade from what, his hand?"

Okay...I'm sorry, Couchie, but I've got tears running down my face from reading this...holyshitthat'sfunny! BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: Of course, I immediately got that picture in my mind---the one of Clay in his "Even my hand rejects me" hat.

:lmaosmiley-1:

Okay. I'm done...

BWAH! :lmaosmiley-1:

ahem...

snickergigglesnort

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Oh that was rich couchie. I lmao...... :cryingwlaughter:

Perhaps downgrading wasn't the best choice of words to use. Communicating on this board used to not be the problem it has become, for me. When I first joined here, people could have different opinons with smart, respectful discussions of those differing opinions. With the influx of all the new members it has seemed to change quite a bit. I agree with Claygasm on that. An air of superiority or something has integrated this board. There seems to be a no tolerance for any mind set other than Clay is perfect, and can do no wrong. Oh yeah, you can say something that isn't exactly flattering or popular, but you are highly encouraged not to, by the prevailing attitude that he is perfect. Add in the rule that you can't be disrespectful of him or anyone in his posse? Well, duh, that kind of leaves no room for anything except rose colored glasses. I don't expect people to agree with everything I say or think. I don't have a problem if they call me on something. The only time I have a problem is when they are disrespectful to me in their disagreement. When they cop an attitude and inject a tone of disdain towards me, then I/we have problem. The need to keep quoting my post and going on and on about how insulting it was. Even long after you try to explain yourself. That's were the pile on and trouble starts for me.

Look. I don't think Jaymes is not good enough for Clay or anybody else. It doesn't matter to me who he latches onto. Most people know my feelings on his sexuality. My friends know I love Clay and was not putting him down, or Jaymes for that matter. I don't think there is a "mess" created by this "scandal." Most people in the mainstream do think Clay is gay and fans are never going to change that. The time to worry about what is said about Clay in the media, is when they aren't talking about him at all. JMHO!!!!

If Clay Is not gay and was to get married I would assume that he would marry someone who was a prominant person in their own right. Not by their association to their brother. Would no one agree that having babies is a big thing with the Hollywood crowd right now? Does no one but me see the cougar movement? Am I the only one who thinks Clay, or anyone else shot to fame, would not be capable of succumbing to the Hollywood trapings? He is as human as the next person.

As for the dowqngrading comment? I think in real life that rich people marry rich people. College grads don't marry high school drop outs. People don't trade in their Cadillacs for a volkswagon bug, when they want a new car. People stay in their own social standing, circles, or whatever the hell you want to call it. That is all I meant by that comment. So hell yes, I would assume that if and when Clay marries someone it will be someone who is not an unknown. Someone of equal status and celebrity. So sue me. I think that is a normal thing to expect. True there are exceptions to this thinking but for the most part that is real life. I was not taking personal jabs at Jaymes. I don't see Clay ever marrying, at all. SO, I can see him doing having a baby this way. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I was just speaking to my surprise that it would be Jaymes. I don't have this problem communicating in my real life. Only on Clay boards where some people (IMHO) are so OTT in their love for Clay. When you can't sit back and have a laugh at Clay's expense or be objective or tolerate anything but worship for the man, then you are the one with the problems and should seriously take a step back.

I had no problem with Ansamcw's admin note. I didn't take it personally and she Pm'ed me about it. I thanked her. We're good. I respect her and couchie and this board. Sometimes I think I should just keep my opinions to myself and friends in PM. But then I think the more it seems people are ignoring me or trying to run me off the more I think I will stick around. :cryingwlaughter: I think if a person is looking for negativity, where none was intended, they can always twist things around to find it.

As for the dowqngrading comment? I think in real life that rich people marry rich people. College grads don't marry high school drop outs. People don't trade in their Cadillacs for a volkswagon bug, when they want a new car. People stay in their own social standing, circles, or whatever the hell you want to call it. That is all I meant by that comment. So hell yes, I would assume that if and when Clay marries someone it will be someone who is not an unknown. Someone of equal status and celebrity. So sue me.

While we're at it let's keep those people with abilities different from our own in the attic where they belong! We don't want them associating with us normal people. Wait a minute. I'm a superior being. Why am I associating with you normal folks?!!

When people tell me that I should only date people within 10 years of my age, I tell them that I only listen to people whose IQ is within 10 points of my own so I'm not taking their advice.

Oh, and if you were to say this to me at my workplace, yes I would sue. And I would win.

ETA:

Ever heard of Cinderella? Every other romantic flick out there is about different people finding friendship and love, not to say that the people we're taking about are actually very different. Just because Jaymes isn't important to you doesn't mean she's isn't highly accomplished in her own right.