#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Had to come here so I don't get kicked off the OFC because there is one poster there who is really ticking me off. Sure wish I could come and have some of those cheese things and wine, esp the wine, that you guys are having.

And canfly172, are you the one that is in the video that lynnie is posting everywhere in which Clay keeps repeating "I have to" which I find hilarious and so in keeping with his stubborness and individuality. Just love him for both of those attributes, among others.

Yeah. That's the top of my head, lol. As Clay was coming along the line and he was already physically past my friend who had been to 3 stagedoors, 2 of which Clay did not come out for and one where he left before he got to my friend and this is her last shot EVER to get her Rolling Stone signed, I "said to Clay as I pointed to my friend's RS, "You have to sign this" and so he said, "Oh, I have to? I have to? I have to?" and then muttered something to Jerome. I then thought "Oh, shit. I've pissed him off", so I quickly grovelled, "Pleeease? She's been waiting 5 years???" He then signed it and my Spamalot poster, which I had strategically folded.

:whistling-1:

And put a tinfoil hat on me

K. You can borrow mine.

300px-Foilhat2.jpg

:lmaosmiley-1:

Off to read the next page, lol.

Just curious, does anyone think TMZ is less credible than CNN? If so, have you caught LKL lately?

TMZ has a TV show in my market. I don't watch it.

To answer your question, it is pure sleaze. I watched part of it one time to get a feel for the show. It was one gossip story after the other told in the most salacious way. No comparison to LKL on CNN. I felt what I saw that day was almost criminal and I felt sorry for the celebrities.

I accept that. I also think that when I see promos for LKL interviewing Denise Richards about Charlie Sheen, and being up to his neck in the Anna Nichole Smith spectacle, not to mention Paris Hilton, and the guy who owns TMZ has been trumpeted as a frequent guest for over a year, and Ryan Seacrest is a frequent guest host -- what in the tabloid is the difference?

I downloaded the Clay item from E! today and heard the name of Jaymes' ex-husband for the first time. He's a big-time music mogul. Lord, with David Foster for a big brother, and having lived for many years with "Leeds" Levy (Lou Levy, Jr.) she should be amazingly plugged into the industry.

http://www.ascap.com/about/board/levy-bio.html

I used to love scary games like DOOM and remember wolfenstein??? But I am a bit wary about putting huge complicated games on my computer now. The girls put guitar hero on their computer...and oh there was a time when The Sims was pretty popular in out family.

Now I do a lot of backgammon and puzzles...couchie did get me playing spider solitaire...hee

AoE (Age of Empires)

Still waiting for one of y'all to hit a game I don't or didn't play...heh.

Pong totally rocked.

Playing my Sims still!

I could never get into Sims. I bought the Sims 2 and it just seems like too much work...it's for creative peopel I guess. I played around with it for a day or two and then just let it collect dust on a shelf before I gave it to my neice. I love logic puzzles and sudoku.

AoE (Age of Empires)

Wizardry, Bard's Tale, Morrowwind, Might and Magic, Zork, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Leather Goddesses of Phobos, Sticky Bear Bop, Crossfire, Norad, etc.

I suppose y'all know this theme?

Playing my Sims still!

So how am I doing? Did I ever get a better job than being a test subject?

"a downgrade from what, his hand?"

Okay...I'm sorry, Couchie, but I've got tears running down my face from reading this...holyshitthat'sfunny! BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: Of course, I immediately got that picture in my mind---the one of Clay in his "Even my hand rejects me" hat.

:lmaosmiley-1:

Okay. I'm done...

BWAH! :lmaosmiley-1:

ahem...

snickergigglesnort

Oddly enough, KAndre Slut and Clay Aiken Playa have been flirting like there's no tomorrow and Scarlett Morehead is still hitting on Prince Playa. Oddly enough, Solo Morehead keeps rejecting Brad Pitt Playa. And no, you're still a test subject...but you're a GOOD test subject. Now that you've stopped burning up things.

Favorite computer game so far - either Pharaoh/Cleopatra or Caesar I/II/III. One day I will get the knack of "benevolent" dictatorship. One day.

And Rise of Nations - nothing like an F-16 taking out some poor sod's archers. BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Playing my Sims still!

Bwah...still, that's better than my "wet spot" eHP designation.

Hee couchie! I'd rather take the "wet spot" designation but it was KAndre's game and her house. And since she graciously turned on the AC for the occasion, I didn't want to push my luck. 'course now I could go out and get my own... heh! heh!

Did you catch the names of her male characters? Maybe you'll get to like Sims too!

I still think LGOP is the most fun in the World Domination genre -- for starters, it begins in Sandusky, Ohio, my fav place on earth.

...but you're a GOOD test subject. Now that you've stopped burning up things.
Ooops, sorry about that accident in the kitchen. What can I say? I love these lyrics...

With all my heart

I believe

The end of burnin'

Was a dream

Deep in me

When everything went up

in flames

I still walked away

ETA: Eeeep! *wipes egg off face* Thanks, laljeterfan, can't believe I've had it wrong all this time!!!

Playing my Sims still!

Bwah...still, that's better than my "wet spot" eHP designation.

Hee couchie! I'd rather take the "wet spot" designation but it was KAndre's game and her house. And since she graciously turned on the AC for the occasion, I didn't want to push my luck. 'course now I could go out and get my own... heh! heh!

Did you catch the names of her male characters? Maybe you'll get to like Sims too!

I still think LGOP is the most fun in the World Domination genre -- for starters, it begins in Sandusky, Ohio, my fav place on earth.

...but you're a GOOD test subject. Now that you've stopped burning up things.
Ooops, sorry about that accident in the kitchen. What can I say? I love these lyrics...

With all my heart

I believe

The end of burnin'

Was a dream

Deep in me

When everything went up

in flames

I still walked away

Well, I don't know nuthin about wet spots and these newfangled computer games, (I was a tetris and pac-man whore myself!)' but I do know that the line above should be "the ember burning" :cryingwlaughter:

Oddly enough, KAndre Slut and Clay Aiken Playa have been flirting like there's no tomorrow and Scarlett Morehead is still hitting on Prince Playa. Oddly enough, Solo Morehead keeps rejecting Brad Pitt Playa. And no, you're still a test subject...but you're a GOOD test subject. Now that you've stopped burning up things.

Favorite computer game so far - either Pharaoh/Cleopatra or Caesar I/II/III. One day I will get the knack of "benevolent" dictatorship. One day.

And Rise of Nations - nothing like an F-16 taking out some poor sod's archers. BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

BWAH to your Sims' names! My daughters play Sims all of the time, and are always wanting the newest expansions.

I LOVED Pharaoh/Cleopatra, and stayed up all night playing them! I just had to build yet another pyramid or tomb before I went to bed. Of course, waging war and upgrading my cities was fun, too.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I'm getting ready to load up Age of Empires III. My hubby said, "We won't be seeing you for awhile." Heeeeee!

I think I might dump Keeping Faith for Ansa. <g>

If my back and knee were feeling better, I'd be using our new Wii Fit though. And we can't find Super Mario Kart for the Wii ANYWHERE.

Dude!!! Mario Kart ROCKS!!! I got mine at Best Buy. You can order them through EB Games, I bet.

Wii Fit – what do you do on it? Yoga? What are the choices?

I’ve also heard that Star Wars LEGO is great and addicting too.

I love my Harry Potter Sim and my Clay Sim and my Hermione Sim. I was rather devastated with Harry accidently electrocuted himself. That was a tragic day. <g>

Lawd..if I got into computer games, I'd really be a lost soul...I already spent hours here and CH and watching clack and whatnot!

Now before I spent so much time on my Clay Obsession, I was into a Nintendo game called "Gauntlet Legends" very cool stuff. And I was hooked on spider solitaire for a while, too. But I never got into any too much.

Well, actually.....when Sims first came out, Alex and I used to spent a shameful amount of time doing that...heh. But none of us are much into the games much anymore. The kids are emailing each other or watching YouTube or downloading music....

play, those video clips are GREAT! Love that they used the Clay songs they did for the background. SSTBTHW in a scene that SEEMS to be one where a girl is maybe breaking up with someone? And then Without You when the guys are drinking and the one guy suddenly starts to cry---maybe because his woman has told him buhbye?

:cryingwlaughter: Yeay! I really, really wish Clay would tour in Asia....

AoE (Age of Empires)

Pong totally rocked.

Playing my Sims still!

I could never get into Sims. I bought the Sims 2 and it just seems like too much work...it's for creative peopel I guess. I played around with it for a day or two and then just let it collect dust on a shelf before I gave it to my neice. I love logic puzzles and sudoku.

If you love logic puzzles have you tried the online picture puzzles from Conceptis? Have been doing these for a long while and love them and they're free!

http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx

If muski is here, (oops, I see you just posted) just wanted to say that I just saw your post at CH, and you're feeling the same way that I've been feeling all day. (Don't want to bring the post over without your permission.) I went to whatever site they had that damned poll on earlier, and cast my vote for what I think about Clay. And then I felt sick to my stomach that I had even gone there and played their nasty little game with them, because it's something that I JUST DON'T DO- give hits to crap sites like that. So, I found their feedback area of the site, and told them exactly what I thought about THEM for contributing to a world where there is already so much ugliness.

My son and his best friend had tickets to our local AAA baseball team's game for tonight. I was debating dropping them off and picking them up after the game, or buying myself a ticket and going too. My son actually decided that I should go too- although once we got there, he didn't want me to sit with them. :cryingwlaughter: Shocking, I know!

Anyway, it was a beautiful night, and as I sat there by myself at the game watching the sun go down, I thought about Clay and just started to cry. I really don't understand the world that we live in, and the ugly way some people treat their fellow human beings. This is a truly wonderful man, and he gets shit on-constantly- by people who are just so vile and soul-less that I seriously want to do them bodily harm. And yet, he goes out there time and time again, and smiles, and is civil and personable- even to people who he knows have made nasty comments about him before. It breaks my heart!

I posted the other day that I had stayed off the boards within the first 24 hours of when this whole thing started because I was working through my feelings, and I wasn't particularly proud of some of them. One of the things I was worried about was what some people- people who know I like Clay, and have made it their business to make nasty comments to me about him in the past- would say when they heard this news. I knew that the story would of course give them another opportunity to spout their gay crap. And I admit that I wondered if perhaps it was true, and how I would feel about having to admit to these people that they were correct- incredibly selfish and wrong on so many levels for me to even be concerned about having egg on my face. It's a hard thing for me to admit.

I'm just feeling really sad and powerless right now, and wish I knew what to do. I'm still crying just typing this out. Sorry to be such a downer.

If you love logic puzzles have you tried the online picture puzzles from Conceptis? Have been doing these for a long while and love them and they're free!

http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thank you.

hey you guys want to have another Clay chat? View new posts later as I bring the question thread back so you can add discussion topics. We'll figure out soon when to do it.

ETA: A couple of things I keep forgetting to say...

00LSEE...Happy belated birthday... it came with so much excitement.

And KeepingFaith..thanks for sharing your "love" story with us. It really touched me.

LAJeterfan - Sounds like you did a lot of soul searching under the stars. I think think that's a good thing. Who are these people that give you crap about Clay because I don't understand why "friends" or "familY" would want to inflict pain on you that wayTo me it really comes to a respect issue and there must be SOME way for you to take control of this.

You have a lot of courage to admit your other concern. I'm glad you did. I bet there are a lot of people with the same issues. And there are smart, intelligent women here that will be able to offer some sound advice. Of that I'm sure. Hugs. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

LAJeterfan - Sounds like you did a lot of soul searching under the stars. I think think that's a good thing. Who are these people that give you crap about Clay because I don't understand why "friends" or "familY" would want to inflict pain on you that wayTo me it really comes to a respect issue and there must be SOME way for you to take control of this.

You have a lot of courage to admit your other concern. I'm glad you did. I bet there are a lot of people with the same issues. And there are smart, intelligent women here that will be able to offer some sound advice. Of that I'm sure. Hugs. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

They aren't friends or family- they are mainly co-workers who have made a point of just saying the rudest things- not always directly TO me, but sometimes to someone else, just near enough to my desk that I can hear. Friends and family I can take down verbally if I need to, but at work, where I have to try to retain some semblance of professionalism (although others don't seem to feel the same need), it's a little harder.

Thanks muski for bringing your post over. Glad to know I'm not alone.