#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Of course, now real life has me chauffeuring one daughter to softball practice, riding around with another daughter to give her driving practice, giving a stinky dog a bath, visiting my mother and figuring out what the hell I can fix for dinner.

sigh... :blink:

ETA: By the way...on the way back from getting a latte this morning, older daughter was driving and I asked her---out of the blue---"So...when you decide to become sexually active.."

"MOM!"

"No, I'm serious. When you do, what are your plans for birth control? And health concerns?"

No response. Eyes on the road.

"Will you go on a birth control pill? Will you insist that the guy use a condom?"

"Well...duh. Yes to the condom."

"Good. And the pill?"

"Well...I mean I'm not going to TRY to get pregnant."

"No doubt the majority of teenaged mothers had the same intention. Will you go on the pill?"

"Yes..I figured I would. Both, I mean. Do both."

"Good...we can talk more later. I'll let you get back to concentrating on your driving right now."

The end. I've found that I can achieve more talking with her while we're in the car together than when I ask for a time to talk at home.

I've often talked about being a Clay Aiken fan as being on an amazing journey. Parenting is the ultimate journey, my friends. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hmmmm, so she did like the music but just didn't buy it? And honestly, I attribute that drop of 19 million because the CD simply wasn't good - I have followed MJ since I was eight - and can't name a track off Invincible. Not one.

I don't think "weird" is a bad thing - but it does have a strong negative connotation.

As for the eHP, we don't need no steenkin' invitation...we just show up when and where we want. And will eat any and all cheez flavored snacks.

KAndre decides to go out trolling for young, hot criminal masterminds (they can be criminal masterminds, Scarlett - they just need not to have been caught! Blonds are still straight out though).

Sorry for the marathon-full-of-quotes post...I'm in ldyj's boat sort of, with a flareup of the arthritis in my back that has me hardly able to walk...or sit....or lay down sigh.... Anyone know of a position I haven't tried??

And now for something completely different.

now I am not sure of the end date, but these are world wide estimates.

A Thousand Different Ways between 641700 and 689828

On My Way Here ............ between 131000 and 140825

now we know aht OMWH did not show up overseas at the same week, so we can wait.

Good for ATDW! Looks like it's the little engine that could too, whether overseas or wherever...it might just make platinum yet!

HUMOR!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Not even going to repost that, because, absolutely no disrespect to you cha cha, but that is SO NOT funny! Disrespectul and over the line IMO.

<snip>Secondly - I really don't think Clay owes me an explanation of a tabloid report. I really meant what I said in my "maybe" post.

I just don't know what's true. And until we see pictures of Jaymes or Clay holding a red-haired, green-eyed baby, (maybe not even then) or until Jaymes or Clay share their story, I still won't know.

So although I was SHOCKED and surprised by the two phones calls I got yesterday, today I'm kind of whatever about it.

I do know Clay is EXTREMELY protective of Chamberlin, so I can't imagine how he will be handing his own children when/if he has them. (I'd hate to be on the receiving end of his wrath in this protectiveness!)

Me~ :wub:

<snip>

I just wanted to hold the precious thing close to me. It was too special to become common talk. You know? It was my Precious! It was mine to think about, hug emotionally, smile to myself about. Like holding on to Magic and Light.

Any of this making sense? :)

I can imagine how hard it must be to find something so special become gossip rag fodder.

It's sad. :(

I wish it hadn't leaked if it is true. *snif*

Well, I just wish it hadn't leaked. Period.

Beautiful....and SO true! Especially the bolded, which is the only thing that makes me sad about this whole thing.

I don't have anything to add. Nothing new to toss out there. The one thought that I've come away with since this story broke is that Clay Aiken is a very brave man. I would also argue that he loves deeply. Two very fine qualities I would like to see passed on to a child.

Nothing? THAT was a great thing to add!!

See, to me it's the same mind-set that applauds when the PYT's are put front and center in the fandom rather than the old grey-hairs. As someone who (age-wise, at least) falls somewhere in between, it has always bothered me about the fandom. Personally, I despise shipping in any way shape, or form. To me, Clay is very comfortable with women and likes to flirt, so all of the "Oh, I just know, that they're a couple because of the way that he's/she's looking at/touching her/him ... "Oh, she'd be perfect for him, because she's young and sweet!"..... blah,blah,blah"- is just annoying-particularly when the same people say it again and again- every time there's someone new around him. CORRECTION- every time there's someone new and ATTRACTIVE around him - the PYT syndrome. If he's constantly with someone, but they don't fit into the PYT slot, then there's no way the relationship could ever be romantic, you know?

Yeah, I know I have issues with the PYT angle, because as someone who is not and never was good looking, I just think it's demeaning to imply that Clay could/should only be involved with someone whose main qualities seem to be young and cute.

Yes, I'm completely in the same boat~have never in my life had a pretty moment, wouldn't know how it feels~and one of the things I've always enjoyed about Clay is that "pretty" appears to be something that is irrelevant to him. Please understand, no disrespect intended to Jaymes at all; in my book, she definitely falls into the "pretty" category. But I definitely don't think that's the first criterion on his list, or possibly even ON the list. Heart, humor, strength of character~those I think are definitely there.

Poor Yoko, what she went through -- not in the tabloids, but in the MAIN ASS MEDIA ALL OVER THE WORLD FOR YEARS AND YEARS!

Me~yes, I thought of that immediately too!

Regarding discussion of the "downhome" picture -- what jumped out immediately upon seeing that almost two years ago is not that Clay and Jaymes are lusting after each other, but that he brought her into his family. What I heard back then, and I don't remember where and I can't vouch for it, is that this picture was taken at Clay's step-sister's house in that little NC town where Ray's family came from and where Jamie lives. Jaymes wasn't there as his executive producer since it looks like they've been berry-picking along the railroad tracks, or working on the tractor. What I see in that picture is that Jaymes Foster is FAMILY.

Me~Yes. A small correction; could very well be at Amy's house, I have no idea~but she is not in the picture.

I can't abide reading ONE MORE TIME about Clay being so nice to donate some sperm to her in her time of need. Whatever is going on here, this is NOT about the benevolent Clay tossing a wiggler her way. Whatever they have, it's good enough to have a child together -- because apparently they made that decision.

Me~Absolutely! LOVE the way you expressed that!

It is interesting how it is the second Jaymes story to be squashed. I wonder if her brother is calling some chips he has out there to stop exposing her to the media.

See my prior post.....

I feel like we need to have an FCA "Retreat" somewhere--maybe in a Santa Fe type setting---to be present and in person with each other. Sit around and have great conversations over this. See and really listen to each person's opinions and rationales. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Some wine and cheez doodles and all of thee....

Trying to communicate such deep and complex views in words on a virtual page is fraught with dangers. In any case, it continues to be an amazing ride--this relationship we have with Clay Aiken. And I love him and what he brings to this rag-tag world.

I'm in!! Santa Fe is right at the top of my "always-wanted-to-see" places.

And I am in the camp that if it weren't true he would have issed a denial right away.

Kim

But, you see, it's complicated!!...because if you aren't quoted EXACTLY right ....and we and he already know that's a given....it's going to come off looking like a rejection of Jaymes. And I'm 100% certain that he wouldn't want that happening.

As for the eHP, we don't need no steenkin' invitation...we just show up when and where we want. And will eat any and all cheez flavored snacks.

Too true and by the way we will eat any and all snacks period!!!! Not just cheezy flavoured ones!

You know you could always come over to my place...I promise to try and find a cute pool boy for Scarlett!

I have to admit the longer Clay's camp keeps quiet about it...the more I tend to believe it.

Huh. And I am thinking just the opposite. I think if it were TRUE they would have made a statement. Now I think it's being treated like all the other trashy gossip about Clay that is out there...ignored.

I had the same reaction. He doesn't comment on gossip that isn't true.

So I come back to the bottom line for me--WHETHER OR NOT ANY OR ALL OF THIS 'STORY' IS TRUE:

1. The media sucks. They're truly shameful, reprehensible and embarrassing to me.

2. Clay and Jaymes are two adults and have the right to choose just how they want each other to be involved in their lives.

3. Fans who find themselves reacting to the possibility of ANY truth to this report in an extreme emotional way should give themselves some time to go through some processing of both the information available and their own emotional investment in whatever the truth turns out to be before they make any final assessment. I suggest this for both their own personal well being and for their being part of that FANDOM of Clay. (This last thing is purely MY opinion, friends...I'm not trying to dictate behavior of others, only suggesting a way for people to work with uncomfortable feelings in themselves.)

I feel like we need to have an FCA "Retreat" somewhere--maybe in a Santa Fe type setting---to be present and in person with each other. Sit around and have great conversations over this. See and really listen to each person's opinions and rationales. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Some wine and cheez doodles and all of thee....

Trying to communicate such deep and complex views in words on a virtual page is fraught with dangers. In any case, it continues to be an amazing ride--this relationship we have with Clay Aiken. And I love him and what he brings to this rag-tag world.

I do agree with all this too. Especially how difficult the communication on this subject seems to be, because right now I feel like a paraiah on this board with most having very little tolerrance for my feelings on the subject - especially since I dared to compare this to the crap of '06!

I agree with you that online communication is very tough especially when you actually care about the people you are talking to. I have my tricks from long years of doing this to keep me on an even keel. It works most of the time. I try to take care in what I'm writing. On controversial topics I do think twice and read twice before posting. Hell since yesterday I've actually posted a couple of things and then quickly deleted. I'm sure someone has seen them LOL. And then I try to distance myself a bit from what I'm reading. Opinions don't have to match mine and I totally love passion in a post whether it's the direct opposite of me. Disagreement is not a sign of disrespect, even passionate strong disagreement. And the main thing for me..I don't care if I'm alone in my opinion. I think that's the hardest thing...to be a voice alone in the wilderness.

Glad you feel communicating is difficult during times like these because I am hoping it was just a communication problem that led me to the following reaction. I have actually been sitting on this for awhile, but I have decided to post it because despite the fact I think many over here just want me to shut up, my feeling is if your feelings can be posted and tolerated and accepted and respected, even when disagreed with vehemently, then mine should too.

And I post the following with full knowledge I may be overreacting and misinterpreting the content and tone of many or all of the posts of the couple of days, but none of that makes my thoughts or how I am feeling any less valid or real.

Well this doesn't paint clay as some unwanted thing that has to troll the internet to get anyone to look at him and then he's so ugly and pathetic he is rejected anyway. Don't see how these stories are in any way similar. I understand you are saying they are just both unbelievable to you but "I" am totally skeeved out by the comparison and I can understand why the fandom for the most part can at the very least not go off the deep end over it, true or false. But you have totally made your point about how much this disgusts you.

Couchie, I feel as if you are disgusted with ME on this.

And are telling me to shut the fuck up.

At least that is the vibe I got from this post of yours. Perhaps its just miscommunication. I hope so.

And I will for awhile for I feel like I am a pariah here right now because I have tried to express my feeling on this subject honestly.

But ....

The comparison is real and valid. I am not disgusted by what Clay and Jaymes may or may not have done. I do NOT understand it, but that is MY problem, not theirs. I am disguisted by the mainstream media's willingness to report something whose only source is the likes of TMZ as fact. I was also curious as to why fans were so adamant NOT to believe the crap, but so willing to believe this. And as much as you and others may be disgusted with this comparison the FACT is it is still possible everything reported during the JP era COULD BE TRUE! We do not know because it has never been directly addressed. This thing with Jaymes COULD BE TRUE. We don't know because it has not been directly addressed. So why is the comparison such a stretch? I don't believe any of the JP crap, but a lot do in the real world (and a few in the Clay world too) - just as they believe this is true.

Yes, one was a sleazy situation being reported and one isn't, but they both are unsubstantiated rumors reported by a sleazy gossip outlet. And in the real world people have found both believable - or not.

Some have said its not comparable because the JP stuff is so unbelievable based on what we know of Clay and this baby thing isn't. Well, I disagree with that. I don't find either in line with what we know of Clay. So to me they are both just as unbelievable. That said, none of us really know Clay so ALL of our perceptions of him are based on how we each as individuals perceive him and obviously that varies widely. Frankly, while I don't believe it, IMO it is POSSIBLE that Clay could be gay, trolls the internet, has a close loving friendship with Jaymes, she wants a baby, he does too, he jerks off in a cup and voila! Hell, all the information in that scenario comes from the same kind of source and other than the fact Clay has stated he would like to be a father and obviously has a close friendship with Jaymes, none of it has ever been confirmed or denied by Clay et. al.!

Disgusting comparison? Why? Because you don't like part of the scenario? My point is just as many here can't fathom the gay/trolling etc. part could be true based on their limited knowledge of Clay, others (and some of those same people) may have a problem with the latest rumor based on their limited knowledge of Clay.

That is why the comparison is not off base.

Whatever.

Frankly what is upsetting me most at this point is the feeling that this time all points of view are not being respected or tolerated on this board - of all boards. Maybe I am reading too much into things, and if I am I am sorry. But I don't feel as if I am.

Most on this board in the last few days have been extremely judgmental of posts that think this situation is weird, out of character with what they perceived Clay to be etc. Its one thing to disagree. Its quite another to judge.

I am feeling judged and I do not like it.

For that matter, the way there was a rare admin note as a result of Clayzr's opinion of Jaymes and her alleged relationship with Clay was IMO totally uncalled for and I couldn't help but wonder if it hadn't been that some here now think of Jaymes as the mother of his child if that would have happened. I mean, I don't agree with what she said about Jaymes, but how was it disrespectful? She doesn't think Jaymes is in Clay's league? So? She didn't say Jaymes was a slut or an idiot or a jerk or anything like that. What - we now can't criticize Jaymes because she may or may not be carrying Clay's kid? I've seen far more disrespectful posts about Faye and she's Clay's mother and there were no admin notes about them (thank goodness)!

It seems those of us who aren't reacting to this situation the way most on this board seem to be and/or who for whatever reason are struggling to make sense of it all are being treated unfairly. Again I feel like I am being judged and NO ONE here has the right to judge me.

Disagree if you will but disagree with respect. That has always been what I have admired about this board. But there is definitely a vibe of moral superiority going on here.

Maybe this is all can just be chalked up to the difficulty in written communication on this. Maybe if we were able to sit around with wine and cheese (or cheese doodles) it wouldn't seem that way.

But right now I am being made to feel very uncomfortable on this board and I never thought I would say that.

I so hope I am overreacting. I do. But I am shocked at how so many of the posts have made me feel. I actually came on here earlier today feeling better about things and then I read couchie's post and it went downhill from there.

And I guess after this post I won't be invited to the retreat.......

As if this wasn't long enough - I saw these two posts at the CH and thought they were something to keep in mind.

webweaver wrote

Well seeing as every other meer who hasn't been seen in ages has had their say, maybe I'll add my bit too *g*

I'm currently taking this whole thing with a huuuge grain of salt. Unless or until either Jaymes or Clay actually say something about this (and it's on video, rather than being a written report that "he said" or "she said") I'm not ready to accept that any of it is true.

We don't know that Jaymes is pregnant.

We don't know that Clay is involved, or in what way - even assuming that she is pregnant.

All we have is a tacky website which regularly publishes crap, publishing an unsubstantiated rumour, a few people (who are a few steps removed from either Jaymes or Clay) being reported as saying things which may or may not support the rumour, and a bunch of other news and entertainment outlets repeating said rumour.

That's it.

And seeing as there have been many, many rumours over the years about Clay which we have (rightfully) dimissed out of hand and which have turned out to be untrue, I see no reason to treat this one any differently at this point.

I don't have any sort of problem with the rumour being true - or partly true - if it turns out she is pregnant and that Clay has helped her out as a friend, or that they are madly in love and are having a child together - whatever - that's their business and no-one else's and I'll be happy for them and leave it at that...

But until either of them actually confirms any of it, I'm not taking any of it as fact - because at this stage none of it is confirmed fact - it's all rumour and speculation.

Wouldn't it be sad if all the, well, I guess hurt, being inflicted on each other - and on Clay in some circles - is all over something that isn't true? Frankly, when you look at the facts (of which there are none), why the hell is this even being given any attention?

propunder wrote

Speaking of favorite scenarios, with no regards to facts known and unknown, mine will be eggs on the faces of all these media jackasses too eager to jump onto the rumour mill without verification of truth. I read all the "reports" on the CNN thread just to see what were going around and any real facts surfacing. Nope, except in some instances his publicist's statement (recanted) is attributed to David Foster himself, and the statement expanded to confirmation of paternity even though the original report just quoted him as saying Clay and Jaymes had been very good friends for a long time. Since AI2, actually, which destroyed the credibility right there. What disgusts me is the tone of these "reports", calling it weird and the fact that Clay could be a father "astounding" and that he is one of the most unlikely dads. He's 29 and virile, is that astounding and unlikely? Newsweek? I thought the more reputable rags are not spreading this. Oh how I wish for some crimson red faces, if these people can even blush.

My favorite scenario too - if this time they were caught with their pants down - and nothing to show for it!

If nothing else, maybe this post will be a lesson on how really hard it is sometimes to communicate clearly on a message board.

Now, hopefully without regret, I hit submit....

I have to admit the longer Clay's camp keeps quiet about it...the more I tend to believe it.

Huh. And I am thinking just the opposite. I think if it were TRUE they would have made a statement. Now I think it's being treated like all the other trashy gossip about Clay that is out there...ignored.

ITA.

Clay's possibly just being stubborn cuz some fans are saying that he needs to blog or make a statement to the media and likely he's pissed at some of the things being said. I'm pretty sure that he's taking the "it's none of your business, Diane" stance on this.

Would I like him to make a statement and clear it up one way or the other. Sure.

Does he "owe us that"? No.

Do I personally believe the story. No.

Would I be devastated if it turned out to be true. No.

I for one will NEVAH figure him out.
Me either. (but that's part of the allure right, lol?)

Too true and by the way we will eat any and all snacks period!!!! Not just cheezy flavoured ones!

You know you could always come over to my place...I promise to try and find a cute pool boy for Scarlett!

If your place is free...

On Saturday, instead of going to a Greek restaurant why don't I just pick up kimiye early in the morning and then we can either have some Greek food delivered or *someone* can bring food from downtown (or vice versa, I can get the food if someone else picks up kimiye). We also need one person to get some ouzo. We can hang by the pool and KAndre and I can put our new swimsuits to good use.

Alternatively we can make some Htapodi me paprika or Htapothi sti Skhara at your house... (Chinatown's on my way here to kimiye's sister's place)

-- LOL! /just kidding! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Had to come here so I don't get kicked off the OFC because there is one poster there who is really ticking me off. Sure wish I could come and have some of those cheese things and wine, esp the wine, that you guys are having.

And canfly172, are you the one that is in the video that lynnie is posting everywhere in which Clay keeps repeating "I have to" which I find hilarious and so in keeping with his stubborness and individuality. Just love him for both of those attributes, among others.

If your place is free...

On Saturday, instead of going to a Greek restaurant why don't I just pick up kimiye early in the morning and then we can either have some Greek food delivered or *someone* can bring food from downtown (or vice versa, I can get the food if someone else picks up kimiye). We also need one person to get some ouzo. We can hang by the pool and KAndre and I can put our new swimsuits to good use.

Alternatively we can make some Htapodi me paprika or Htapothi sti Skhara at your house... (Chinatown's on my way here to kimiye's sister's place)

-- LOL! /just kidding! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Ok you talked me into it! Yes my place is free!!!!! I know where I can get ouzo!!!!

Just curious, does anyone think TMZ is less credible than CNN? If so, have you caught LKL lately?

TMZ has a TV show in my market. I don't watch it. But then I don't watch E, Insider, ET, AH or any of that stuff, and I don't watch LKL either. I download clips from such shows when Clay is featured, but celebrity gossip interests me not and every cable channel and increasingly the network news is a purveyor these days. The TMZ show is on the Fox channel here, right after the local news. I've never seen it, but they advertise a lot.

I don't get the weighted scale of veracity here -- they're all greedmongers in my book. And put a tinfoil hat on me because I think the salacious, sensationalistic, exploitative stories on certain celebrities, and the saturation coverage of high-profile crimes and murders of attractive women -- all that is just to mollify a population into not thinking or learning about things that actually affect their lives and that could threaten the Big Corp gravy train. It's all about creating a diversion and cashing in.

Everytime you hear someone in the so-called mainstream news attribute something to ... "some people say" -- just know you're being punked, or spinned, or lied to .. whichever term you want to use.

Did you really 'accidentally' leave that CD in his car, or was it sorta intentional? I'm glad he likes it! And I'm not sick of your posts at all! I'm equally thrilled about this being the weekend. It's been a long week for me, too!

Hee, maybe accidentally on purpose? ;)

Thought I'd lounge around all day in my PJs, and then the phone rang and next thing I knew I was flying down the highway, trying to get son #1 to a baseball tourney that was a man short before it started. Got there, got in 4 and a half innings, and got caught in the worst thunderstorm with hail the size of marbles. Yikes! They ended up calling the rest of the day off, even though it became sunny and warm again afterwards. The field was a mess.

But this trashy gossip concerns his close friend and the only reason its a story at all is because its Clay, this is very different from all the other trashy gossip about Clay in the past. The easiest way to get rid of this story is for a statement by Clay camp saying ...its not true. At this point this is taken as true in the media and soon it will be fact to most people that hear it. IF there is a baby...this will affect this babies life cos he/she will be known as Clay's kid. Now if Jaymes is not even pregnant then yeah just ignore it. But if she is pregnant and Clay is NOT the daddy then I don't see why they don't just say so.

Again...I am not saying I am totally convinced, cos who knows...maybe they are just waiting till Monday for the press release saying he is not the father. BUT if we don't hear otherwise until the baby is born then I will conclude that all parties are satisfied with people assuming this is Clay's kid.

Hee, ansa et al, were you lurking in the car on my way home from the ball game this afternoon? I swear we had this exact discussion of whether or not the silence meant something. At this point, I don't think it indicates anything, other than they are figuring out legalities or figuring out what to say or figuring out whether to say anything at all.

I say good for Jaymes!!!! At this time all of this is speculation until either Jaymes or Clay confirms, but if Clay is the father, and he is going to be involved with the child, I am wondering what the child's last name will be, Foster or Aiken. Since Clay changed his last name to his mother's maiden name, it seems to me that last names are important to Clay. Is anybody else wondering about this or am I way ahead since we do not even know for sure?

Yep, I've been down this path in my mind, too. I remember that Clay got his name from Faye's mother's maiden name, and that it is a tradition to use the grandmother's maiden name as a son's first name. But that would make the baby, if it were a boy, Aiken Aiken. Or how about Aiken Foster? Hee! I am just being silly, and of course it is silly to be thinking that far ahead, when we have no idea if there is an ounce of truth to the story or not. But for me, it's a nice fantasy.

Just read this following a People link from above ....

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20203587,00.html

Fans Show Support for Clay Aiken

By Lesley Messer

Originally posted Saturday May 31, 2008 03:45 PM EDT

Photo by: courtesy RCA Records

The "Claymates" are showing an outpouring of support after a rep for producer David Foster confirmed to PEOPLE that Clay Aiken is fathering a child with David's sister, music producer Jaymes Foster.

"OMG Clay Aiken is my Hero," writes one fan on claymaniac.com. "I love him and wish him the best of luck!"

Adds another on the same site: "Now today I almost choked on my sandwich, Clay is going to be a father? And in three months? It blew me over. All I can say is 'Congratulations!' That is going to be one handsome and talented baby."

Still, there were some doubts: "How can he have time with his baby if he's always on a busy schedule. Like tours, CD releases, talk show. Life becomes crazy with a baby."

"I don't know what to say – I am shocked and awed," another person wrote. " I don't know what to think. It is going to take me a while, but I do feel a little different about it."

Still, the majority of comments on fan sites and blogs were positive.

One person in the Claymates Yahoo group gushed, "I think the child would be so lucky to have them as parents. ... This is their business and we should not be judging Clay or Jaymes."

The page dedicated to Aiken on popular music widget iLike had also had supportive comments. Writes one fan, "Wow ... I am kind of shocked. But Clay always wanted to be a father so good for him! It was just sudden news, I am still shocked ... I wonder if his kid will inherit his pipes!"

Adds another: "Here's a toast to Clay and Jaymes for the healthy arrival of their baby in August. This baby will be loved, however it came to be. "Lover All Alone" is a great collaboration with David Foster – and this will be a great collaboration with his sister Jaymes. Congrats!"

I still don't understand why people are not taking into account that Clay may be out ofthe country and not available to comment. Gossip does not always come at convenient times. I remember how mad people were AT CLAY when the Klo rumor started tahtg some rather older fans really bitched way over the line at him when he blogged about seeing Fantasia. It didn't take long for him to reply, could have been done a bit gentler, but it was a surprise to him.

While this angst is more widespread, he did say he had a trip for UNICEF and there are moe recent tragedies. He might not want to be gone later this summer, he might want to be planning a tour. Knowing how cr...enthusiastic his fan base is, no one else might have tghe nerve of speaking up and riling this rather rude crowd.

MY OPINION ONLY. I DO NOT KNOW THE MAN OR THE FACTS OF THE SITUATION.

I am willing to keep an open mind about the baby thing because Clay has expressed a desire to have children. I find it perfectly natural to believe that someone who, IN MY OPINION, seems to have a very good connection with children would want one of his own. I'll admit I'm not a kid person at all, but I know I have an instinctual reaction to the sight of an attentive father taking care of his kids - I think it's hard-wired into my genes. I can so see Clay as a daddy. I can wrap my mind around that concept, and it fits in with the mental picture I have of Clay. Again, I do not know the man and I could very well be wrong.

I'm not able to wrap my mind around the concept of Clay being so desperate for a connection that he would troll the 'net. It paints a very sad and lonely picture TO ME, and that's not the kind of life I would wish for anyone I cared for.

That's the bottom line for me, I think. My reaction is based on what fits in with the idea I have of Clay and how he lives his life and what doesn't. YMMV, and all that jazz.

But what the hell do I know? I never for a minute believed the Spamalot audition rumors, so that shows you how much much insight I have into the man's psyche and future plans.

I still don't understand why people are not taking into account that Clay may be out ofthe country and not available to comment. Gossip does not always come at convenient times. I remember how mad people were AT CLAY when the Klo rumor started tahtg some rather older fans really bitched way over the line at him when he blogged about seeing Fantasia. It didn't take long for him to reply, could have been done a bit gentler, but it was a surprise to him.

While this angst is more widespread, he did say he had a trip for UNICEF and there are moe recent tragedies. He might not want to be gone later this summer, he might want to be planning a tour. Knowing how cr...enthusiastic his fan base is, no one else might have tghe nerve of speaking up and riling this rather rude crowd.

Global network infrastructure is part of my line of work...

Our company operates in almost 200 countries, in the remotest of regions and the people we send to those places can always get in touch with people back here, everybody from the CEO down. It would be a huge liability if anything happened to them and they couldn't call.

Even when Chavez took over Venezuela, I was on the phone chatting with an Australian guy at our site. He was being protected by people with automatic weapons and things (you could literally hear gunfire) but he had a phone. And no it wasn't a "you've only got 2 minutes" sort of thing. Images of the last days of Saigon when people couldn't find people or some got left behind are very last century.

So IMO, it would be horrible publicity for UNICEF if they endangered some of their ambassadors by providing less.

O/T but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I just watched another beautiful shuttle launch!!! I watch it take off on the NASA channel and then a minute later I can run out into the street and watch it in the sky until it curves away to the east. My last boyfriend had McDonnell Douglas as a customer, and he always got us VIP seats, which were the bleachers next to the big countdown board. "Awesome" gets bandied about a lot, but awesome is the right word for a successful launch.

I neither belive or disbelieve the "story", but I find it charming to think about. Not so much the other crap. Simple as that.

I guess I don't understand why anyone else feels they need to understand that, but it doesn't matter.

Saying it would Oedipal if Clay did this is different than just ignoring the story.

Saying Clay owes us an explanation is different than just disbelieving the story. If one doesn't believe it anyway, why need an explanation?

I don't have a problem with anyone not believing it, I don't know that I believe it myself, but I don't feel the need to agree that it could not possibly be true.

I find insults to Faye AND to Jaymes distasteful.

It just seems to me that would be sort of like, well, downgrading. Friends I can see, but not lovers or wedding material.

Sounds insulting to me. Different strokes, etc.

If Clay said dating a fan would be like, well, downgrading, I imagine there would be a fuss. Same if Jaymes said it. Just sounds dismissive and mean-spirited.

All in all, tempest in a teapot.

Scarlett said:

So IMO, it would be horrible publicity for UNICEF if they endangered some of their ambassadors by providing less.

Oh, I quite agree! I just think this is not such a big deal that Clay should take time out from a UNICEF mission (if that is where he is) in order to address a TMZ report. I would hope that he would not.

Just want to add that this all just my opinion - and when I post I never actually expect to be agreed with or disgreed with, it really doesn't matter, it is just how I feel. I like sharing opinions, agreeing or disagreeing with mine is just as interesting to me, it doesn't upset me or whatever, even if no one else agrees with me..

Except I believe Clay said something about this being a dangerous mission, so while Clay can be in communication, it is not so much that it can be revealed where he is. In Uganda, there were dangers of Kidnapping. WHo knows where or what Clay is doing now, it is just possible that this is the least of his worries.

Scarlett said:

Oh, I quite agree! I just think this is not such a big deal that Clay should take time out from a UNICEF mission (if that is where he is) in order to address a TMZ report. I would hope that he would not.

Oh, I completely agree with you that he doesn't need to address gossip.

I was pointing out that he wouldn't be out of touch with TC because of a UNICEF mission, addressing the point about existing infrastructure, location & inability to communicate, not the "need to respond".

It's mere speculation on my part but MHO is that if it were true that he's in a dangerous mission right now, then the news story is completely false because it would be really stupid to endanger yourself if you may have a child getting born in the next few months.

On the flip side, if the news story is true and I were Clay, then I would put myself in the safest spot in the country between now and August.

CLean Dog! Woo hoo!

And one more OMWH sale from WalMart. I wanted to get a copy with FIEKY on it to send to my Chicago hotel contact who turned out to be a Clay fan when my company had our big conference there in 2006. (Remember, ldyjocelyn?) Danged thing was $13.95! It was still on the 'new releases' display, although I didn't see it at first because it was at the bottom. Damned Leona Lewis was on top.

"Around my heart...is where I draw the line" That line keeps a steady drip drip in my ear today and I haven't even listened to the song! :whistling-1:

Now it's off to watch Alex play soccer---last game of the spring season. Can't believe the kids will be out of school in two weeks. Yikes! HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP! :scream:

On the flip side, if the news story is true and I were Clay, then I would put myself in the safest spot in the country between now and August.

Bwah! Scarlett, I didn't mean you were implying he should respond from a UNICEF location - I didn't word that correctly!

KAndre looks up, nods at djs' post...

If it's true, yay! If it ain't, yay! Because in all honesty, I don't really see too many just swallowing this whole hog...really, I don't. And so the continuous "why do they BELEEEEEEIVE" tends to trips my exaggeration meter, right along with the "OMG, how could Clay do this to meeeeeee". I guess my problem with some reactions is that true or not, none of this for me rises to the level of "weird" (and all the connotations that go with it) - and if you really think there aren't any negative connotations to it, you're clearly living in a different society than me. And wrongly or rightly, some of the reactions came across to me as being "ewwwwwwwww" for whatever reason, and a 'ewwwwwwww' reaction to this situation adds to my mental picture of people. That's how it works. The crap in 2006 was ugly and there was no way to put a positive spin on that. This is more like somebody telling me that it turns out that Clay is the rightful King of Scotland or Swaziland and Faye was using the Stone of Scone to prop open the screen door.

CG...

FIRST OF ALL...I am not Couchie...she is not around to answer you herself...but don;t you know us already? WHERE in our history did you get the idea she was telling you to shut up. We have been a proponent of letting people express their opinions whether we agree with them or not to the detriment of the rep of this board at times. We let you express yours in as strong a language as you need but people who does not agree with you get to express their opinions too. Just because people may disagree with you does not mean we want you to shut up. No one is intimidated by your opinion so you can go ahead and keep posting them but people will respond as they see fit and call it as they see it if some of your opinions become disturbing.

...I have a feeling you are the one that is trying to shut the discussion up because you keep questioning why people are giving this story attention. You have made your feelings loud and clear...you do not like this scenario ergo you do not want to believe it or even discuss it. But you don;t get to decide what other people feel about this. We will discuss it however we want to. You can join in if you want but if its too disturbing for you and you start personalizing every post on this subject then I suggest you just step back from your computer and get some perspective.

...that admin note I put up was a reminder that even if we are pretty lenient here about what we let you guys discuss...there is one rule that has always been a part of FCA...we have zero tolerance for bashing of Clay, his mom, his family and his friends. Clayzors post IMO was verging on disrespectful and it was outright disrespectful in the POV of some of the members. IF I thought she was going over the line then I would've made her edit or I would've edited her myself. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt that she was simply having communication problems. The Admin note was a reminder for the WHOLE board that we should be careful of our discussions because Jaymes is a friend of Clay. This is not a special rule because we think she is now Clays babymama and we want to kiss her butt or something...this is just the courtesy we extend to the whole Clay entourage and Clay himself.

...I have no problem when people post quotes from other boards...but nothing in the posts you quoted was new to this board. NO ONE that I know in this board is buying them baby gifts...the idesa in those posts are pretty much echoed in a lot of posts the past few days so I don;t know what you are trying to do by bringing posts from the CH.

...If you want us to respect your feelings and opinions please respect others too and stop questioning how other people feel like we are a bunch of delusional people for considering the possibility. There has been no definitive statement on this so anything is possible. If you are feeling like a pariah I;m sorry about that but at this point my problem with your posting is not your opinion but the fact that you just can't let go and just accept the fact that people feel differently than you on this and because you keep taking the posts personally. and no I am not saying you have to shut up...but maybe think before you post or cool off for a bit.

...This whole issue need not be divisive if we can all agree to disagree and not get too emotional about it. I said I tend to believe the more we don;t hear anything...lots of other disagree...thats cool. I also am not invested in this being true btw...even if we just hear about this in two years and Clay says its not true...I will accept that, no big deal.