#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

After reading the linear notes again.... from ATDW, I can see him thinking of/singing this to her.

The only thing I could see in the liner notes on ATDW was Executive Producer Jaymes Foster for Peak Productions. Did I miss something? Oh, and he dedicated When I See You Smile "For Kristy!" ?????

OK, I know I read this wonderful thank you to Jaymes and now I can't find it.

HELP..... where is it?? I know I am not dreaming this up as it has been talked about online. Was it someplace else?

OK....if Houston gets a Posse and London, Ontario gets a Posse -- this is for the rest of us:

The Everyone Else Posse -- or EEP, for short.

*g*

And now, my work here is done.

Clay's thanks on ATDW....

"Jaymes Foster how we ended up on the same page at the same time in each other's lives, I may never understand. What I do know is that I'm thankful daily that God saw fit to introduce me to someone as talented, wise and genuine as you. That you believe in me enough to take on this project with me and stick with it through so much has been one of the biggest blessings I've been given..but not as big as the blessing of having you as a trusted and indispensable friend."

I still cannot find this in/on my CD jacket...... and I am sure I read this for myself when I bought it. Where is it..... the only thing I have is the small poster with song info on the other side.

ETA: OK...... I found it..... under the CD on the back jacket. whew, gettin' old is not fun. :cryingwlaughter:

I can't find it either - which is why I posted what I did!!!

But even reading what CM wrote - I dont' see that as any different than thanking Jerome for making him feel alive again - or whatever those words were. I'm sure Clay and Jaymes are great friends but I'm not reading between those lines and thinking he's singing The Real Me to her. To me that's just another form of wishful thinking and shipping. And as I keep saying, I'm not going there until there's proof from Clay!

ToldForThis, I think it's on the underside where the actual CD is held. Take out the CD, and there are all the thank you's.

Regarding the MusicPass:

From anubee at CH:

I got an email from RCA marketing about the music pass.

LATEST NEWS FROM CLAY AIKEN

Clay Aiken's On My Way Here MusicPass Card!

The wait is finally over! The MusicPass Card you helped design will be available to purchase on June 24th! MusicPass Cards make for great gifts and collector's items and always come with a full album download and bonus content not found on the CD! Below is a list of retailers and the dates the cards will be available.

June 24- Target, Transworld Stores and Hastings

July 13- Best Buy

July 14- Fred's

From Clayscience21 at CV...

the musicpass download (320kbps) is actually the identical quality to CD quality. What it's superior to is the itunes download. (128 kbps)

From 03jersey at CV regarding the Music Pass:

As a suggestion to those who can't find them displayed at Target--and if you want to get some quick action to purchase one, march yourself up to Guest Services. Tell them you were in their electronics dept. and there was no one there to assist you--if that happened. Tell them what you're looking for. The stock # (known as the DPCI) is 012150229. They can immediately go into their store computer and check to see exactly where it is by shelf location, and how many they have in stock. If they don't have it, they also have the capability to pull up all inventory from any store in the area by the DPCI#.

Supposedly, the extras are the Invisible, The Way, and ATD videos, plus a digital booklet.

Oy! I see what people mean when they post about us being chatty! I went to bed early last night & it's taken me a while this morning to catch up. Thankfully most everyone else in my aisle here at work is in meetings. Hmmm... *quickly re-checks calendar* And now, for my next trick, I will attempt to organize my thoughts regarding the many, many quotes I've collected below! 7.gif

Thank you for answering my question about the dog walker designation. How fitting. Every Thursday night, I drive to Allentown and walk the dogs at a "no-kill" animal shelter. I love those dogs and enjoy their walk as much as they do. Additionally, I give them some TLC. We had a huge yard sale on Saturday and raised $1100 for the shelter. As you can tell, I am a big dog lover...well, I love animals in general and I have a big 120 lb. German Shepherd named "Belle". The ultimate dog walking job of course, would be walking Raleigh and Durham. I'm pretty sure they already receive a huge dose of TLC from their Daddy.

:welcome:Belle! As you might have seen, especially recently, we're not only a Clay-friendly board, but also a pet-friendly board. I love your dog walker story. I've done that before with a local shelter. I should look into doing it again - good for the body and the mind! :) And the pups!!

If Clay were to one day have his own television show. I could see a show in the old mold of the Mike Douglas or Merv Griffin Shows. They both were performers and performed fairly regularly on their show. They were both "nice guy" types I don't remember mean humor from either of them. They were good interviewers too.

Merv Griffin was an excellent talk show host.

Yes, he was....AND an excellent judge of talent. I'll never forget how PROUD I felt when he was on Ryan Seashit's show and talked about Clay having one of those unique voices and then listed people like Streisand, for God's sake, as examples! He "GOT" Clay...and I remember thinking, "SHIT! Merv, go get him! Be a business mentor to this extraordinary young man and help him realize his potential!"

Merv Griffin was an uber-savvy media mogul...yet he always seemed to "keep it real", you know?

Yes, yes and yes to atinal, muski, keepingfaith and whoever else talked about these types of talk/variety shows! :clap: On a side note - any Seinfeld fans here? - I can't help but giggle every time I hear Merv Griffin's name mentioned... I now always see the epi where Kramer 'rescued' the set from the trash and had it set up in his apartment. Every time Jerry, Elaine, George and/or Newman came over, he had them sit in the chairs and "interviewed" them! :lmaosmiley-1:

When I first saw this I’m not sure I commented. But what comes to my mind when I read the words “rude” and “diva” applied to Clay is a resentment from some fans that he has pretty much cut off access to himself the way they would like it. They want him accessible to them, for a variety of reasons, and when he doesn’t allow that, and wants boundaries, he becomes “rude” and a “diva”. It’s petty bitchiness, IMO. I think we’ve seen this for YEARS starting way back at Hockeygate – they believe they have paid well for full access to Clay and how dare he keep parts of himself (literally and figuratively) private?

<snip>

I think all the shipping or non-shipping based on what we’ve “seen” is very tenuous and consists of no real “evidence” one way or the other (hell, it's fun and I'll play - but with the acknowledgement that it's JUST fun). We just don’t see enough of Clay’s life for us to make any rational judgments on anything…other than that he sings good. <g> People can hide things easily if motivated. Clay doesn’t really get the attention from paparazzi that some do, so who the hell knows who he is or isn’t doing in his down time. For all we know he could be married to Jaymes. For all we know Jaymes could be pregnant by someone else and Clay is schtupping Jamie or Hannah or god knows who else. I have a knee jerk reaction to definitive statements one way or the other, and this is why – to think we really know one way or the other is rather…just kind of deluded. We only "see" a minute part of his life.

WORD to all of this, HeidiHo! I don't really get into the shipping much, but I love, love, love seeing him with women like Tyra or Hannah because they're successful and talented in their own right, can keep up with his charm & wit, he seems comfortable with them and they seem to "get" him. It's just nice to see that kind of positive interaction with him, as opposed to say, Ripacrite. <_<

Hee, I think the London group needs an acronym or something. I had suggested Famous Ontario Posse before, but it doesn't really have a great ring to it....FOP. :cryingwlaughter:

<snip>

I loved the way he sang MGUCL and also WTOW at times, almost whispered/spoken rather than sung, but then building towards the end. Same thing with TRM. I think it's very effective, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest if he uses techniques like that in song (recorded or live) rather than in theatre.

Hee - how about the iOP - infamous Ontario Posse? :P And I agree on the whisper-singing. For me, it's very effective in building the emotional intensity.

Man, I hate the work thing!

AMEN!!! :fncomputer:

I'll be sure to let y'all know if/when the West Coast travel plans are a definite go, muski, couchie, scarlett & other possible posse peeps! :pirateship:

Good thoughts and positive energy to all suffereing from health issues! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I can't find it either - which is why I posted what I did!!!

But even reading what CM wrote - I dont' see that as any different than thanking Jerome for making him feel alive again - or whatever those words were. I'm sure Clay and Jaymes are great friends but I'm not reading between those lines and thinking he's singing The Real Me to her. To me that's just another form of wishful thinking and shipping. And as I keep saying, I'm not going there until there's proof from Clay!

Well maybe it's not any different but Jerome and Kristy are in rarified air so that would make her pretty special. Can you imagine the relationship that developed between those two if he was helping him trough his issues that lead him to paxil. I bet not even some of his friends and family knew what was going on. Not everyone acknowledging the possible deepness of their relationship is shipping them or believing it's true. A lot of folks are saying that the Real me can be about a partner, god, a family member, just someone that knows you through and through. I have lots of friends and family but precious few are like this even though I love them and they love me dearly. (And I think about my sister who is very close to me and she had issues that I had no clue about..apparantly for years --not even my mom know but I bet she has a friend that knew and this would be that person for her) I can see Kristy being this for him as well. But as Heidi said that's all we can say is my be or IIU cuz we really don't know the man or his relationships because we do only see a tiny fraction of his life. :lilredani: hee

The fires are crazy. Glad you're ok Iseeme.

Sorry to everyone having aches and pains.

Belle I think you're the first person that might have embraced being a dog walker!!

I don't wanna go to work. I want to win the lotto but I guess I have to play to win.

Famous London Posse? FLP....sounds like a gagging sound! :lmaosmiley-1:

Always Clayful Londoners? ACL...a union?

Ontario Clay Supporters? muski :naughtywag: ....shhh....OCS.....hmmm....

Ontario Clack Addicts? ...OCA?.....:shrug: That might be more us....

and then we'll need Tshirts!!! :lilredani:

Hee, so many suggestions! I think I like OCA....but NLP from KAndre is running a close second. LOL anna, iOP reminds me too much of IHOP! Not that I don't love their food....god I OD'ed on it in Vegas last year.

Bwah - it's finally dawned on me you folks aren't talking about London, England! Hee!

Hee, actually that's a pretty common mistake! :cryingwlaughter:

The Gals who say EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (and eat lots of munchies, but I"ll leave that part out)!

TGWSEEEEEEE!!!! Nope, can't pronounce that one. :cryingwlaughter:

Ontario Clack Addicts? ...OCA?.....shrug.gif That might be more us....

I like that one best so far. Not that anyone is asking!! :BlowKiss: <----- since I just went through all the emotes and couldn't find the one I want, I put the last one on the list here!!!

How about South west(ern) Ontario Clack Addicts.....SWOCA?? That sounds interesting.

Couchie - well put, and I agree with you. I guess I'm just reacting to the people who have the need to make out whatever is happening into a romantic love relationship between Clay and Jaymes. I don't see it. If he says its true - than I'll be happy he's found true love. But until then - as far as I or anybody else knows - they're very close friends like he is with Angela, Quiana, Nick, etc. Maybe baby-making friends, maybe not! But I'm not romanticizing it.

And you're so right - Jerome and Kristy are in rarefied air!!!! I think both have been there for Clay through alot of garbage!!

Okay - I'll give. Where the heck is London? Obviously it's in Canada but........

Couchie - well put, and I agree with you. I guess I'm just reacting to the people who have the need to make out whatever is happening into a romantic love relationship between Clay and Jaymes. I don't see it. If he says its true - than I'll be happy he's found true love. But until then - as far as I or anybody else knows - they're very close friends like he is with Angela, Quiana, Nick, etc. Maybe baby-making friends, maybe not! But I'm not romanticizing it.

You know, this goes both ways. It just depends how one views it - if one views it as something that would be great, then they will probably have a tendency to romanticize it. If they view it as something that wouldn't be great, they probably have a tendency to make as little of it as possible. I just don't think it's worth taking personally, either way. I'm here to have fun, not argue. I know that some people enjoy a good argument...just not me.

Okay - I'll give. Where the heck is London? Obviously it's in Canada but........

It's smack dab in between Detroit and Toronto.

Man, you're all so chatty overnight - I just caught up!

Ontario Clack Addicts? ...OCA?.....:shrug: That might be more us....

and then we'll need Tshirts!!! :lilredani:

Okay, it's got to be this one, cuz there are lots of us here from other parts of Ontari-ari-ari-o! ;)

:welcome:Belle! Love your name and that you're another doglover. I haven't posted her pic yet, but the littlest member of my household is the Wonder Dachsie, Schnitzel (my daughter named her.)

Iseeme - Glad to see that the fires have cleared in your area.

Okay, it's got to be this one, cuz there are lots of us here from other parts of Ontari-ari-ari-o!

Anyone within the elephant is part of SW Ontario in my books, so FromClaygary squeeks in there by a hair (actually by a back foot)!! :cryingwlaughter:

Iseeme, it's another geography puzzle for you to figure out once you get London located!! :cryingwlaughter:

Anyone within the elephant is part of SW Ontario in my books, so FromClaygary squeeks in there by a hair (actually by a back foot)!! :cryingwlaughter:

OMG, I've lived here my whole life and never noticed the elephant, but I see it now...thank you Google maps! :cryingwlaughter:

Iseeme, it's another geography puzzle for you to figure out once you get London located

I guess it's like Paris, Texas or Vancouver, Washington?

And an elephant? There's a zoo there? I'm sooooooooo confuzzled.

And Luckiest - nobody is arguing about this. Just seeing things differently. There is so much "pie in the sky" when anything is discussed about Clay. That's why I always say "listen to Clay!" The reading between the lines and surmising based on little or no fact is a way of life for some. For me, thinking of Clay singing The Real Me to Jaymes kind of ruins the song for me. Just me. I really don't want to think of him singing that song to God, either. I prefer it's some hazy group of friends and family, not defined, that have supported him throughout the last 5 years and helped him get to where he is right now!!! Wherever that is...........Raleigh, NC, Santa Monica, CA, Lumbago, Nowhere, whatever!!!! (see, I know my geography :cryingwlaughter: )

I guess we know where Clay went to for UNICEF now...

From notacanuck at the CH:

Clay AIken Appeals for World Attention on Somalia

Clay Aiken appeals for world attention on Somalia

Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:05pm BST

By Guled Mohamed

HARGEISA, Somalia (Reuters Life!) - Clay Aiken appealed on Wednesday for the world not to forget Somalia, where conflict and hunger have created one of the world's worst humanitarian crises.

Aiken said U.S. and international interest in Somalia had been minimal since failed military intervention in the early 1990s.

"There hasn't been much discussion of Somalia since the early 1990s in the U.S.," said Aiken, a U.N. goodwill ambassador, on a visit to Somalia. "The American population kind of got a bad taste of Somalia in the early 90's and hasn't really had much interest in the country since."

Somalia has suffered relentless civil conflict since the 1991 toppling military dictator Mohamed Siad Barre.

In the latest cycle of violence, an Islamist-led insurgency against the Somali government and its Ethiopian military advisers since the start of 2007 has killed thousands and made one million people homeless.

"It's the most dangerous place for a child to be," Aiken said. "In the lower part of the country, southern part, I feel it's a more desperate situation than any place we've ever been."

Aiken, 29, who was traveling on behalf of U.N. children's agency UNICEF, was in Somaliland, a relatively peaceful northern enclave of Somalia that has declared itself independent but not been recognized internationally.

While there have skirmishes with neighboring province Puntland, Somaliland has functioning political institutions.

"In Somaliland, you really do have a sense of people who really want to help themselves, who want to do better, who want to effect change for themselves, that is very hopeful," he said.

Somaliland authorities hope a high-profile visit like Aiken's may bolster their case for world acceptance of their separation from Somalia.

For 12-year-old, Ubah Mohamed, her wants were simpler.

"I understand he is famous. I hope he will give us food and build a school for us," she said, near to a refugee camp.

Woo! Hoo! At least we know where he is or was. Yes, thanks for bringing this over!!!

I know Italy has a boot! And doesn't Oklahoma or somewhere have a Panhandle? This is all so confusing. :whistling-1:

I think Clay taking trips like this always has a profound effect on him. I mean it's such a long way from the not just celebrity life but life in the US. Food and schools. I complain about the cost of food but looking at me you know i haven't gone hungry a day in my life. Hopefully he will help put their plight back on the map.

"I understand he is famous. I hope he will give us food and build a school for us," she said, near to a refugee camp.

Awwww! Kind of puts things into persective!

OMG, I've lived here my whole life and never noticed the elephant, but I see it now...thank you Google maps! :cryingwlaughter:

No offense to anyone who lives there, but Owen Sound has always been known as the elephant's ass hole.

For those of you Americans who don't have a clue what we're talking about. Look at a map of south-western Ontario and turn it 45 degrees. Voila, the shape of an elephant!

On the next topic. Yay for Clay in Somalia! Did I mention I love that man!

I think Clay taking trips like this always has a profound effect on him. I mean it's such a long way from the not just celebrity life but life in the US. Food and schools. I complain about the cost of food but looking at me you know i haven't gone hungry a day in my life. Hopefully he will help put their plight back on the map.

Amen.

*gets credit card ready to send in a donation to UNICEF as soon as Clay asks*

What? I can't help it, I'm easy.

And I bet he would (for all children) if he could. *sniff* That ^^^ certainly puts things in perspective.