#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

OMG - the conditions look horrible there. The pictures of the wounded children are particularly disturbing. I go back to what Muski (I think) said earlier about so many places I had no knowledge of prior to Clay's ambassadorship.

Thanks Cotton.........I have to admit one thing and that is that Clay's travels for UNICEF have made me so much more aware of conditions in the world around me. Those pictures just make me realize how lucky I am....I really have nothing to complain about.

On a lighter note:I have a question...stupid though it may be......what's all this stuff about "titanium balls" and "too tight bows"???? I'm really out of the loop on this one.

Hey people...I don't mind being a "dog walker" but I ain't touchin" no poop.......guess I'm a cat person.....LOL

Cotton, I was about to joke about how Clay completes my triumvirate of cute guys with Somali connections: Orlando Bloom, Josh Hartnet and Clay Aiken,

but those pictures are just too sobering. Thanks for bringing them over.

(I can still oogle appreciate the 3, though can't I?)

Wherever that is...........Raleigh, NC, Santa Monica, CA, Lumbago, Nowhere, whatever!!!! (see, I know my geography :cryingwlaughter: )
*Scarlett is completely devastated*

Woo! Hoo! At least we know where he is or was. Yes, thanks for bringing this over!!!

I know Italy has a boot! And doesn't Oklahoma or somewhere have a Panhandle? This is all so confusing. :whistling-1:

*Scarlett cries inconsolably, uses up an entire Sam's Club package of tissue paper and puts "This Nearly Was Mine" on continuous repeat*

(maybe I should sign up for a geography class ....hee!)
*Scarlett brightens up considerably*

Well I taught 11 women how to make pillowcases today - some quilt teacher I am! But at least when they buy fabric for their quilts they'll buy extra for matching pillowcases. The shop owner is happy!

Somalia really sounds desolate. I wonder how they decide where to send Clay on these trips.....I'm just glad he didn't go to Myanmar. Sounds very dangerous there. I would think that UNICEF has security up the wazooooo when they bring a celebrity into one of these countries!

*Eeeee! Scarlett offers to hunt Batik Fat Quarters (whatever those are, but they sound like Clack for quilters) from the Far East in exchange for online quilting lessons!!!*

ETA: *Pouts* at calurker for getting between me and my sweet babooo

ETAA: Nope, didn't think so. OTOH, I really don't know what's the big deal about Batik Fat Quarters.

Oh Scarlett - Batik Fat Quarters....verra verra niiiiiiiice! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

quilting.gif

p.s. you don't really think I'm that ignorant in geography, do you??? :cry4: I was funnin' with you.

Gibby... I had sciatica for a long time. My Chiro has it manageble now, so if you can find a good one, I'd try it.

Thanks for the chiropractor suggestion, Claygary and liney! I've been going to a very good chiro for years, and I'd be in much, much worse shape if it weren't for him. I'm trying a new Chiropractic Internist next week, though, for another opinion about how best to treat the sciatica as well as a few other niggling medical issues. He really helped my Mom and sister, so we'll see if he can help me, too!

Welcome back, Wanda!

Wow, conditions in Somalia really are horrible, aren't they? I think it's fantastic that Clay is using his celebrity to bring attention to horrible situations. It must really put the problems in his life in perspective! I'm selfishly hoping that we will get a few interviews, or a least a blog. I've got my credit card ready, too!

On a lighter note:I have a question...stupid though it may be......what's all this stuff about "titanium balls" and "too tight bows"???? I'm really out of the loop on this one.

It had to do with one of the fanfics on CV. We were bored waiting for the new chapters so we entertained ourselves. I was the official bow tier (think...ClayFormal-1.gif) for Clay's concerts (Iseeme was my backup) and we used to post pics and write captions for them. For instance...

Clay_Ohhhhhhhh.jpg

"CM, if Ah've told you once, Ah've told ya a million times,

please warm up your hands before ya tie that thing on, will ya?"

Welcome back, Wanda!

I was thinking how very much of LIFE Clay is living and how he must be so very aware of how his audition on AI has made that possible for him. He's living a dream---he SAID that the reason he wanted to become a celebrity was to use the influence and he wasn't talking out of his cute little butt, either!

How amazing it must be for him to travel to these countries that he most likely never would've visited had he been a teacher in North Carolina and to be able to touch people's lives in such a way. Hopefully, these trips renew his desire to continue having that influence, and re-titanium (you gonna challenge me about this verb?) his ability to deal with the shitty parts of that celebrity.

I really believe these trips are like a 'sabbatical' in some ways for him as a singer/entertainer...while I'm sure what he experiences in these places makes him feel sorrow and despair, he's said himself that ironically he also leaves them with hope after seeing the resilience of the human spirit...These trips are 'grounding' times for him, I think.

I'm so happy about his UNICEF role, so glad he's doing this.

:word:

So proud of him!

It had to do with one of the fanfics on CV. We were bored waiting for the new chapters so we entertained ourselves. I was the official bow tier (think...ClayFormal-1.gif) for Clay's concerts (Iseeme was my backup) and we used to post pics and write captions for them. For instance...

Clay_Ohhhhhhhh.jpg

"CM, if Ah've told you once, Ah've told ya a million times,

please warm up your hands before ya tie that thing on, will ya?"

Oh, I see! How about this?

"Yeah...yes....just like that, darlin'..."

OMWH_Yahoo_02_t-2.jpg

Very good, muski...you catch on quick.....oh, and, by the way, that photo is :hubbahubba:

You must realize that it is a job though, not recreation. In spite of the fact that :DoClay:

I've got to get up early for work tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.

Night all! 0-0-0dragclay.gif

Totally OT, but did anybody watch SYTYCD?!

Not that I was thrilled to see Leona's Bleeding Love get any more LOVE than it's already been getting, but that choreography and costuming was brilliant! Who'd have ever expected that from hip-hop?! I'm shocked to say I loved it!!!

I wish one of Clay's songs would be used!!!

Totally OT, but did anybody watch SYTYCD?!

Not that I was thrilled to see Leona's Bleeding Love get any more LOVE than it's already been getting, but that choreography and costuming was brilliant! Who'd have ever expected that from hip-hop?! I'm shocked to say I loved it!!!

I wish one of Clay's songs would be used!!!

I know I love it...going to watch it again. I have been pleasantly surprised by that couple, specially chelsea...she is a great performer....I love this show and I continue to pray that his song will be used.

GAH...smut and the funnies...a sure fire combination...thanks for making us laugh!!!

Scarlett...what show was this nearly was mine from...its very very familiar to me...

It's weird, KAndre. I don't listen to hip hop. I don't enjoy listening to some of the lyrics. And I didn't enjoy what I have seen of it on MTV, etc.

Or maybe it wasn't really hip hop. What do I know? What I have seen was a bit offensive and I'm no prude!

But watching the dancing on SYTYCD? I have loved what I've seen. The things these kids can make their bodies do. The stories they're telling.

I love Josh (where's he from?) and I LOVED that dance they did where he was in camoflage and he like - pulled him up by his foot! WOW! Such control!

But a guy in a suit and a house wife?

Just brilliant story[telling by the choreographer!

I loved Josh tonight, too! Samba!

Anyway - I've enjoyed watching the 'popping' and the "crunk" (?) dances very much!

So - what is Lollipop? Cuz I do NOT like that!

Company just left a little while ago and after taking motrin for my aches and pain from doing garbage pickup at the Buick Open I am just relaxing. Saw Kid Rock at about 4 holes today. His dress sure did not meet Golf Club etiquette, he was dressed in bib overalls and a t-shirt,by the third hole he had beer in hand. He had about four state police officers following him. He brought in the crowd and I guess that what they wanted.

I am so proud of Clay and that I hope he is either home or on his way and is safe. Hope we get to see some pictures or video footage. I really like seeing him interact with children.

Cotton -- patience, grasshopper. I'll probably do the song of the day tomorrow morning -- it's really turning out to be more of a "song of the day (plus a half)" just to give everyone a chance!

And we're going alphabetically -- and I'm not going to tell which one is next! Hee.

Topic: Clay in Somalia makes me really proud to be a fan.