#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Scarlett - the ones with Clay in the bluish-green tie and the pin-striped suit? I think that was the benefit where he met Rosalynn Carter? I think it was in Atlanta but I don't remember what the benefit was for! Didn't he look handsome?

Thanks! I thought I knew all of the "formal events" but I guess I missed saving pictures from that one. Yes, he looks v. handsome! Especially with the huge smile on the first pic!

I must take one little tip toe out of lurkerdom tonight. Have had it up to the eyeballs with homework and ditched it all to go have fish & chips with the kids earlier tonight. Maine...not all that different from where I'm sitting right now. I drive through it regularly but haven't been off the beaten path (other than to take Route 9 to Calais/St. Stephen) in quite a few years. I know we used to go to Old Orchard Beach back in the day. You can also see Stephen Kings house along Route 1 outside of Bangor, just ask where it is....everyone knows.

I don't know where my favorite place to see Clay was. Clio ranks right up there at the top of my list and the Greek was mighty fine, too. For some reason the bad places stick out in my head more, though I must admit that much of my opinion is based on the goon-hood of those entrusted to gently enforce the camera not-a-policy. I seem to be partial to outdoor places, heat and humidity not withstanding. Maybe the prospect of getting some good aural sex and losing five pounds of water while I'm at it is too good to pass up. Maybe I'm just weird. I have been so many places I never thought I would be to see Clay but most of all I am damn grateful that he FINALLY got this copious ass to California. I thought I was never gonna get there!

If I had to pick my favorite non-Clay place...gosh. I like New York. I am awfully fond of Houston, and the three years I spent in New Orleans were among the best years ever. I lived for six years in a small town on the Kenai Peninsula up there in Alaska. Nothing compares to the beauty and serenity of that place. And I didn't even have internet then. I don't know how I did it.

Oh...yeah....I bowled a lot.

I want to go back to Stockholm.

84057568_VGgf3-L.jpg

Oh, no necks in that one....sorry! Let's try this one...light through a window.

96893316_AF9Qt-L.jpg

When I catch bits and pieces of the celebrity gossip it's always about the same old boring cast of nutjobs, dipshits, alkees, druggies, and publicity hounds.

Shit, kf, what are they saying about me?

I think Clay could sing R&B successfully because it's a jolt when he does it so incredibly well. For some reason, I never expect him to do it as well as he can, and I'm shitfaced amazed by it. His voice is shockingly good on the songs that require a gifted voice to sing. Could just anybody sing a Four Tops song as well as Clay sang that little snip of (Reach Out) I'll Be There in the JBT? Hell NO! Just Levi Stubbs and Clay Aiken. I think his success was sealed on Idol with Can't Help Myself. He just kills on R&B/Soul/Motown, especially with a cool-cat hat, skinny tie and stovepipe pants! I flat out love soulful Clay and want as much as I can get.

And, yes, kf, I have long been very very fond of R & B myself and an R & B collection from Clay would be something else!

There was one other thought in my head and it seems to have escaped me. I will babble, it will come. Thanks, luckiest, for the recap of the Macca concert the other night. Despite the difficulties it sounds like it was all worth it. Oh...oh...I remembered (luckiest's concert with her son jogged my memory). I'm going to NYC next week, too...with my family. We'll be there from the 31st until the 4th of August. I let the kids choose what they wanted to see but my son was really insistent he didn't want to see any Broadway shows. We are all kind of going our separate ways at times and since he is 24, that's fine if he goes off on his own. But I have been getting the Spamalot urge as the time approaches. Every now and again I mention how funny it is and how much I think he would enjoy it, and all I get is this sideways glance that says....:Hey, Mom, I know you are trying to hoodwink me into going to see Clay Aiken and I'm not falling for it." Why does the child (of 24) not believe me when I tell him that Clay isn't in it anymore? He believes me when I tell him I've spent his inheritance, why not this?

I might just have to go alone....or with the father of the aforementioned Doubting Dennis......er.....Robert.

***Hi! Scarlett!!***

Okay. Who got photoshopped out of that last one!

:cryingwlaughter:

I think it's some of these people. LOL

Clay_-_mrs_carter_-_zoom.jpg

Here are a couple more from that night.

altanta2.jpg

Atlanta_Fan_6.jpg

43Dscf7357.jpg

He sang for Rosalynn four years ago in June. *wonders what I was wearing four years ago*

"I - I - I - 'm just a travelin' fool...."

I wrote a song a long while back that goes like that... :D

I was just checking a map to see what states I've been in to see Clay.

Ummmm...... I feel fortunate to live where I do (Washington DC area)

so I can go either north or south, or even a little bit WEST to go where Clay is performing!

So here's where I've seen Clay (in no particular order...) :D

• North Carolina

South Carolina

Georgia

Tennessee

DC

VA

Maryland

Pennsylvania

Delaware

New Jersey

New York

Missouri

Minnesota

I was all set to do some traveling this summer and had even made the decision to go more North and West this time

(the south is just too damn Hot,_hot,_hot.gif)....

Hopefully I'll get a chance to do that whenever he pops back into touring mode.....

As for traveling in general, the only states I haven't been in (besides Alaska and Hawaii)

are VT, NH, ND, SD, ID, OR, MT, WY, NE, IA, AZ, & NM. Twelve out of 50 ain't too bad!! :D

keepingfaith :word: to all you said!!

I just want to add that he also killed on "If You Don't Know Me By Now" - :wetkissf: :sm227:

:canfly: to kareneh! I FLOVE those GMA photos!!!

Hey Iseeme..did you hear about the bear attack today. It was just on the news..somewhere near Bakersfield.

Following that story was one on rabid bats. Had to go rewatch that Clay you tube.

Love all the great photos... why the heck is he so photogenic..is there a "scientific" reason?

When I catch bits and pieces of the celebrity gossip it's always about the same old boring cast of nutjobs, dipshits, alkees, druggies, and publicity hounds.

Shit, kf, what are they saying about me?

There was a wild chick from Baku

Who wanted Clay's body to do

She bought a show ticket

With dreams she could lick it

But how's she ever gonna do that with a camera in her face (or her DH sitting next to her)!

Crazy off-topic question:

I am reading "Chicken Soup for the American Idol Soul" (yeah, I know it's cheesy...)

Anyhow - Jon Peter Lewis mentions the night he was voted off that he jumped from the audience

back onto the stage and rolled and came up at the finish of his song. (A Little Less Conversation?)

And that it had a lot of hits on youtube. Well, I looked for it today and couldn't find it!!

Anyone know how to find it?

And there is of course a chapter by Clay, about the Invisible shoot and how a fan was affected,

and it inspired her to lose weight. Didn't that start out as a blog, or a CD liner note or something?

Also wanted to say thanks to Scarlett for linking Tasapio's gorgeous Maine photo album. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

off to bed!! 0-0-0dragclay.gif

Heading out shortly. Here are a few pics of the area before we leave.

Chateau Frontenac (cool trolley thing up the incline is called the 'Funiculaire'):

th_017.jpg

Cool store that sold native crafts (that were unfortunately out of ds' price range):

th_019.jpg

th_020.jpg

Street busker:

th_021.jpg

Hey Luckiest! Sounds like you and your boy had fun! We actually stayed in the Chateau Frontenac in April. Funny , it looked so fancy but our travel agent was amazed at how cheap it was. One of the least expensive places we stayed at for our whole trip. Of course it was still freezing and snow was piled up everywhere but that is what makes it stick in our minds. DH and younger DS had never touched snow before. We got a photo of the boys in front of that craft store too. Great memories :F_05BL17blowkiss:

artquest, did you use the light rail system to get from downtown Minneapolis to the MOA? I just did that for the first time last year, and that's really neat.

We took the sky way walks to the light rail and then the light rail to the Mall. Worked perfectly. DD noticed that most of the bars and restaurants in downtown Minneapolis didn't really have street level entrances. Most people seem to use the sky walk pathways and passages between buildings, one story up from the street. I guess the first storm deposits 6 feet of snow, so it makes sense to move everything up. They were kinda like the tunnels in Houston that went from building to building all through the downtown. And for the same reason - awful weather - though in Houston it was the heat/humidity.

We were amazed at the underground tunnels and shopping in Montreal.

Favourite place I've seen Clay? Why that would be NYC! - Actually the only place I've seen him- and OK I was going there anyway!

Favourite places?

The Whitsunday Islands in Queensland, Australia for the idyllic tropical islands and amazing light blue sea -

Sydney ,Australia for the harbour cruising and the little-bush-girl-sees-the-big-city for the first time feeling that I still get even after 30 odd years

NYC because its freakin NEW YORK CITY!!!

London because DH and I spent a wonderful holiday there many years ago, tearing around, feeling like we belonged and feeling like the luckiest people to just get there, you know?

Venice, Italy for the romance, the food, the music and the aforementioned " boy I never thought I would ever get here' feeling.

ummm.....it's nearly August......just sayin.......

Well, shoot! I missed the first page. I was in an anesthesia/drug induced haze yesterday afternoon and evening, and fell asleep with my laptop on my lap while reading FCA.

:hysterical:

No, this isn't a boring site, but the meds kicked in again after coming back from the surgery center and I couldn't stay awake!

Anyway, I'm gonna post pics in honor of the new thread, even if I didn't make the first page. And since I love te new photo mosaics, I'm gonna post some of them, in no particular order:

mosaic1036597-1.jpg

mosaic5231381.jpg

mosaic6160833.jpg

mosaic6889697.jpg

mosaic7188329.jpg

mosaic735198-1.jpg

mosaic7409754.jpg

mosaic8155870.jpg

mosaic8608673.jpg

mosaic9039621.jpg

kf, I so agree with this paragraph:

I am so antsy to see where Clay is headed next, because I know he'll manage to create a stir. When I catch bits and pieces of the celebrity gossip it's always about the same old boring cast of nutjobs, dipshits, alkees, druggies, and publicity hounds. Yawwwwwn. This helps explain why any little thing of interest about Clay is so often twisted into a splash story, but the publicity is always short-lived because Clay disappears into the ether like Kaiser Sose. *and just like that, Poof!, he's gone* He leaves them no follow up opportunities. The coterie of narcissists that populate the rumor mill seem to milk any kind of publicity to the last drop of absurdity. The tabloids, print and TV, will contort, exaggerate and insinuate when it comes to Clay because he's not giving them a thing. In my opinion, this makes Clay's brand much more valuable. He doesn't sell it, he gives it away to the causes he commits himself to, and doesn't use celebrity for the sake of fame. Clay has managed to evade all attempts of the media to get any information about his personal life other than what he chooses to reveal. So the media uses it's imagination, which can be a dangerous thing in a tabloid culture where the truth isn't as important as perception.

Excellent points about our current celebrity media, and how Clay fits in!

Perma, that library site sounds great! I'd love to have a link, and start using it. How cool that Michelle wrote you back!

Several of you have posted about how the humidity makes the heat unbearable. That's one really nice thing about Colorado, both in the summer and the winter - the humidity is low. We've had 100 degree weather for the last several days, but it doesn't feel horrible because the humidity is only 35%! And the temps come down nicely at night , too. Right now it's just 75 degrees, even though it will get up to 95 tomorrow.

My favorite look for Clay may be from when he went to Afghanistan. After that, perhaps the JBT look. What a contrast!

My computer isn't keeping up with the boards lately. It can be slow when there are a lot of pictures. I guess it's time to think about buying a new one.

I posted this in the political thread as well, but politics aside, I think this is quite a mention...

Yahoo News

Obama entourage casts wide shadow

JERUSALEM – Democrat Barack Obama doesn’t travel light.

Halfway around the world, the Obama campaign machine appears as sprawling and seamless as it is on its home turf. As the presumptive Democratic nominee tours five countries in five days, he brings an entourage that would make a pop star envious.

<snip>

But when the Arizona senator traveled to Mexico and Colombia last month, he mobilized only eight staff members, including two foreign policy advisers, two press aides, two advance workers and two assistants to Cindy McCain, said campaign spokesman Brian Rogers.

“Who does he think he is?” Rogers asked of Obama. “Clay Aiken?”

Cotton - I like Richard Crais' books.....and Michael Connolly and James Lee Burke. Burke sets all his novels in New Iberia, LA, where my good buddy Clayanne lives!

DH and I started devouring Connolly's books. I especially like Harry Bosch. I'm finding I really love the juxtaposition of humor with the murder and mayhem in Crais' writing. But I want some more Bosch! I think we've read them all and some of him non-Bosch books, too. I'm not familiar with Burke. Will have to check him out. :)

Perma, I'd like the library link, too. How cool is that the the author (Michelle?) commented/thanked you for your review?!

I had a dream kinda Clay-related last night.

Interesting that y'all are (I skimmed, y'all. I know I missed a lot from after 11pm) talking R&B Clay . . .

I dreamed I DROVE to somewhere like - Columbus, Oh - to take something to Quiana! I don't even know what. Something inconsequential!

I didn't even have tickets to the show. She and I talked awhile till it was time for her to go. At one point Angie came and sat down in my lap!! I teased her about not knowing where she was sitting and she teased me back saying she knew me or some such. As we were walking through this park like area, Quiana complained about her shoes and that her feet would be cold before the night was over!

We got to where she was to go inside and there was a swarm of people, some of whom were going in. I asked if that was orchestra members. Some girl next to me was saying something about "they forgot to **** us." In my dream there was a word there I just can't recall, but it meant "Check ID's". It wasn't "vet" or "card". I think my dream made up a word!

Anyway I wandered around through the stepping stones and beautiful greenery to the front of the building - looking at the building and the signs. There were several Clay posters, but I rounded and corner and there was a Big marketing poster behind glass that had a picture of Clay (which my dream refused to "see") with large text touting his "new smokey, bluesy sound"! It was just so sexy, I stood and admired it. Then I saw Kristi Barnes and we started to talk. Some gal came up and showed her a small epoxy rectangle with stones and a logo of some sort embedded in it as a potential TBAF sales item, but Kristi said they couldn't use it as that particular business - a hotel perhaps - had changed their logo. Crazy!

I was toying with going to the first half of the show before driving home. Kristi said there's no way she could drive back home after the show. I ended up getting on a travel trailer of some sort with her - presumably to get a ride home. But, that was before the show. Maybe we were going to the hotel where Kristi (and her travel mates) were staying but Droopy woke me up before I got to see any of the concert or Clay!!!

Weird, huh?

I think I'm starving for a Clay concert!!!

And - obviously I MISS HIM!! Since he wouldn't even show up in my dream!!!

cha cha, I think you forgot Ohio in your list. Didn't we go into to Ohio on that summer tour 5-fer?

ETA:

Has nobody posted the new UNICEF pic in the new thread??!!! (It's not really new, it's just a bigger version of an earlier little one, I think.)

EATA:

laughn, that is hysterical!!!

Good Morning All,

The heat and humidity have finally broken here, it is so great having the windows open again!

Just hasn't been a good month for cars in our family; daughter no. 2's car died last night and had to be towed...not sure what is wrong, but hubby did say she had not checked her coolant and it was pretty much non-existant...he did put coolant in, but no luck...hoping no extensive damage.

As usual thanks for all the pretty pictures; the only one I have saved is my avatar; I do have a photobucket account, but have never been into saving pictures...I am truly amazed at the archives some fans have!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

{{{Gibby}}}} :hugs-1:

Beautiful places where I've seen Clay:

Canandaigua (Finger Lakes), Eugene(Willamette Valley), Vancouver, San Diego, Kansas City

Favorite places for Clay Concerts:

Toledo Zoo, Clio, Houston, NYC, Clearwater

Favorite places in the world:

(close to water)

Manarola, Italy

Haifa, Israel

Out-of-the-way beaches in the Philippines

(mountain passes)

St. Bernard

Khyber

Badaling

Maine...not all that different from where I'm sitting right now. I drive through it regularly but haven't been off the beaten path (other than to take Route 9 to Calais/St. Stephen) in quite a few years. I know we used to go to Old Orchard Beach back in the day. You can also see Stephen Kings house along Route 1 outside of Bangor, just ask where it is....everyone knows.

Oh kewl! My kids would LOVE that!! ...and yes, you're right, I kind of figured it'll be a lot like NB in many areas. I just had to take the opportunity while I'm out there.

I was just checking a map to see what states I've been in to see Clay.

Ummmm...... I feel fortunate to live where I do (Washington DC area)

so I can go either north or south, or even a little bit WEST to go where Clay is performing!

Yes, I'm lucky to be central (now....) to Clayland, and to have the opportunity to get out/about quite a bit as well. Every time I'm in B&N I mean to pick up a wall map to mark with the places I've been in the US, both to see Clay and on quilt adventures, and I keep forgetting! I really want to do that as well.

Cotton, I'll wave at your SIL and BIL as I drive by! I do plan to stay in Portland one day.

Scarlett, WOW those pictures of Tasapio's!! Where is she?? We didn't lose her, did we?

ETA: Scarlett, more gorgeous pictures! Where is St. Bernard? Is that the Swiss Alps? Looks very similar to where my family is from, in the French Alps.

St Vallier

Hi honey, I'm home. :cryingwlaughter:

It was a good drive yesterday, until the last 2 hours. Horrible thunderstorms, with blinding rain and even a patch of really intense hail. I just followed the tail lights of the vehicle in front of me and turned the music up louder. Was never so glad to get home.

I've caught up but admit I probably skimmed a lot. Great pictures, new Unicef blog, yay!

OK, on topic, the places I've visited because of Clay - probably most of them. States include NC, IN, IL, NY, MI, OH, PA, NV, CA, VA, WV, KY, TN, DC. The coolest Clay-related thing I've done is the the Vegas trip last year, closely followed by the NYC trips this year. Neither would I have ever done if not for Clay. My favourite place is still Raleigh, and surrounding areas in NC. Just love it there.

Hey Luckiest! Sounds like you and your boy had fun! We actually stayed in the Chateau Frontenac in April. Funny , it looked so fancy but our travel agent was amazed at how cheap it was. One of the least expensive places we stayed at for our whole trip. Of course it was still freezing and snow was piled up everywhere but that is what makes it stick in our minds. DH and younger DS had never touched snow before. We got a photo of the boys in front of that craft store too. Great memories :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee, maybe you got off season prices? Because I priced it just for fun when I was planning our trip, and it definitely was waaaaay out of our price range!

ETA:

I finished Clay Aikens album "On My Way Here" in April and we enjoyed huge success with the album peaking at No 4 in the US Billboard charts.
:clap: Amazing the difference a bit of perspective makes!

Ahhh - Kipper finally speaks! :whistling-1:

Good morning everyone.

And there is of course a chapter by Clay, about the Invisible shoot and how a fan was affected,

and it inspired her to lose weight. Didn't that start out as a blog, or a CD liner note or something?

That whole story about the Invisible shoot was first told on Jay Leno - I believe the night MOAM was released! The girl was actually in the audience and Clay was asking if she got her luggage back because she had just ran off the bus when she saw the shoot!

Favorite look? I love seeing Clay in nice-fitting jeans, boots, a shirt and a blazer!

Clay10.jpg

Welcome back luckiest1! Glad you made it home safe, and your pictures from yesterday were really cool!

Also, welcome back wandacleo! 11 days?!?!? I'd go out of my skull, I think.

I just finished checking my work email from home. Blech. OTOH, I think the place is surviving without me. *g*

I read in my latest Entertainment Weekly that as of this week, with a show in Vermont, Elton John has played a show in all 50 states. It's taken him HOW long exactly to do that? But then, I thought it also kind of tied into our "trips because of Clay." In a way, I'm lucky too, because I live pretty much in the center of the US (albeit away a bit from a truly major metropolitan area), so that means I don't have to travel TOO far, as compared to "cross country." However, I still have yet to see Clay in California -- as much as I loved doing Houston and Tulsa last year (and getting to spend time with the eHP), I'm still kicking myself for not doing the 4 California shows last year with couchie and Ansa (and the eHP there too!).

Next tour -- everyone plan for Chicago, we'll party there! Fairly centrally located, major hub, I think it's doable. And great pizza too -- Giordano's all the way!

ETA:
I finished Clay Aikens album "On My Way Here" in April and we enjoyed huge success with the album peaking at No 4 in the US Billboard charts.
:clap: Amazing the difference a bit of perspective makes!

Very cool to read that. And I agree, perspective is everything!

That whole story about the Invisible shoot was first told on Jay Leno - I believe the night MOAM was released! The girl was actually in the audience and Clay was asking if she got her luggage back because she had just ran off the bus when she saw the shoot!

Is this the same lady, though, as the one he talks about in LTS? I guess I never put two and two together, and thought this chapter in the Chicken Soup book was about the LTS story lady.

Favorite look? I love seeing Clay in nice-fitting jeans, boots, a shirt and a blazer!

Clay10.jpg

I had this picture blown up as a poster and framed in my office at home for the longest time. Now, I have library guy up. I suppose I need to get a new one soon...although my posters will change every 5 minutes to keep up with his looks!

kf, loved your paragraph about Clay's "celebrity." The media keeps trying to "hang" things on him, and IMO for some reason, they don't really stick. I think for me it's because he really does seem to be a man of integrity, and the pop culture media really doesn't know how to deal with that. And yet, they don't get bored with him either (as so many celebrities are after about 15 minutes). It's an interesting mix.

I don't mean to negate anyone's feelings around here...but in a way, I don't really miss Clay all that much. I mean, I DO...and yet, it's nice to be "finding my life" again. Sure, I spend more time on the boards than I really need to, but at the same time, I'm watching TV shows and DVD's I didn't have time for before, I'm saving money (for the next tour), and such like that. He's still in my thoughts, to be sure, mostly through listening to Clay's music -- which I will never tire of at all. But, in a way, you know the old saying -- "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I am positive that when he comes roaring back into our consciousness again, I will be just as fangirly as before.

And loving every minute of it!

Clay10.jpg

One of my most favorites... this photo is my mousepad photo at work... it's verra nice to see each day.... :)

And I know what you mean, ldyj, about finding my life again... not a bad thing at all... I'm trying to watch the seasons of Sex and the City and catching up on my reading (which will take a while for sure!)... it's kind of nice actually... I've always felt we were very, very blessed by how much Clay was touring, etc. And I sure felt a bit spoiled. The withdrawal may be a little hard at first, but I've got so many other things I enjoy, that I just need to do something about it! It will certainly make the time go quicker I do believe... it will be great when he's back touring and the boards explode again with happiness, but I can wait... it will make the next time all that more fun and exciting!

The places I've seen Clay are Dallas, Houston, Tulsa, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Orlando and New York -- in that order. That makes it 7 so far -- or 11 counting all 5 performances of Spamalot I was fortunate was see in one weekend, and each of the performances were distinctive and NECESSARY.

My dream venue would be Red Rocks -- no doubt about it; and I would have been at Wolftrap in 2005 -- if if uh!

Ultimate dream venue: Carnegie Hall

ETA: JeezLueeez, that Banner picture is HAWT!

ldyj - I'm pretty sure the Leno lady and the Chicken Soup lady are one and the same! I remember being kind of disappointed when I read the Chicken Soup book - was hoping for a new story from Clay! Heh!

As for that picture - Rainlover sent me a poster sized picture and it was in my office at work on the back of the door. It was kind of embarassing when the bosses boss came in one day and shut the door. Eep. He laughed. He was from Charlotte and his wife and daughter were Clay fans! He said when he told her about my poster she would be wanting one, too! The daughter vaguely remembers seeing Clay at UNC but wasn't one of those people who claimed to be one of his best friends!

Favorite hair:

Mer83.jpg

JBT.....without a doubt!!!! He looked so darn cute during that entire concert tour! He looked his age and everyday was a good hair day! And will you look at those shoulders!!!! And I know he's sitting on it in this picture but

:013085001176249046:

...big favor...I have spent some time this morning hunting for the screen caps from the OMWH photoshoot (like the one used in that lovely banner up there ^^^) and I can't seem to locate them. Can anyone lead me to them, somewhere, anywhere...?

Farthest away concert...New Hampshire. Excellent road trip. The miles to a Clay concert can only be measured in fun I think.