#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Ahem! I see white space! Right above the last line!

And frankly any minion admin/mod willing to do that thing I think you call 'editing' is quite welcome!

And I forgot - for someone who needed TWO jackets - Scarlett wanted to run around topless in the car because she claimed to be hot!

ETA: Oh yes, that was a naughty, naughty GPS! LOL!

I dressed for San Francisco (50 - 55 degrees, maybe cooler over the water), with just a light sweater. Nothing else to peel off. But the car was a sauna! I think that whatever power the engine had was directed towards heating the interior instead of making it go.

Made up for it the next day by taking 2 sets of clothes -- something equatorial for riding in the car and a different set for walking around in. Thank goodness for a trunk!!!

ETAA: Oh, do we have a sample .mp3 from Rowdy?!! Bet everyone would like to listen and then suggest things for a "signature Clay Aiken" GPS unit to say! Hee!

Ahhh - Kipper finally speaks! :whistling-1:

Good morning everyone.

And there is of course a chapter by Clay, about the Invisible shoot and how a fan was affected,

and it inspired her to lose weight. Didn't that start out as a blog, or a CD liner note or something?

That whole story about the Invisible shoot was first told on Jay Leno - I believe the night MOAM was released! The girl was actually in the audience and Clay was asking if she got her luggage back because she had just ran off the bus when she saw the shoot!

It's also in Clay's book, Learning To Sing! It's on pages 194 and 195.

golderngirl - it says the video is unavailable!

I'm sorry, it said Live just before I posted it. I guess it's not yet Live. Sorry about that, shouldn't be too long (I hope).

Hmmm someone already commented. I went to it and it worked and now it doesn't.

Have no clue (perhaps youtube is having issues?)

Sorry guys.

OK let's try this again.

My, but wasn't he HAWT at Sterling Heights?

CTAOL_LynninNJ1.jpg

OH yeah!!! Verrrry cool wonder how I did that with two quotes weeee

Hello, All!

I'm not caught up reading - painting is wearing me out.

Yeah. It's just one room. Whatovit?

:)

Had to tell you about my hairdresser trip today.

HD (hair dresser) and I got to talking about the state of our culture today. Something she said got us off on tv, reporters, paparazzi,etc. She was complaining about the way the get right up on celebrities, how close they get, what a danger they are to other drivers, etc. I mentioned the "news" using tabloids as their sources, etc.

Then SHE got all irritated and started telling me she has NEVER watched Regis and Rippacrit since she went off on Clay! She knows I'm a fan, but she was UP.SET. that day and has never watched since.

She was a fan of Clay's on AI2 and has MOAM and MCWL but nothing else. Says she listens to Clay and Vince Gill - that's her Christmas! She loves both their voices. So I asked her if she'd heard the new album and she hadn't.

I went and got (one of) mine out of the car and gave it to her. She was THA-RILLED and thanked me profusely.

She is familiar with the song All is Well, but hasn't heard Clay's. So now I've got to find my one extra and take that one to her next time.

It was nice to hear someone else talk about Clay without any eye-rolling crap and it was wonderful to be able to share OMWH with her. I look forward to hearing her reaction when I go back in August.

I'm going to curl up on the sofa with my book and Droopy. He's missing DH something bad and we had thunder and rain today so he's following me around every move I make. Didn't like that I was in that room painting instead of hanging out with him! :cryingwlaughter:

Poor little lonesome doggie!

Latah!

I don't mean to negate anyone's feelings around here...but in a way, I don't really miss Clay all that much. I mean, I DO...and yet, it's nice to be "finding my life" again. Sure, I spend more time on the boards than I really need to, but at the same time, I'm watching TV shows and DVD's I didn't have time for before, I'm saving money (for the next tour), and such like that. He's still in my thoughts, to be sure, mostly through listening to Clay's music -- which I will never tire of at all. But, in a way, you know the old saying -- "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I am positive that when he comes roaring back into our consciousness again, I will be just as fangirly as before.

And loving every minute of it!

You are me! And there really IS other life out there, for now, isn't there?

Body of post deleted. Looks like too little info came off as too much. I'm really sorry.

But anyway... STILL wish I had a pretty picture to share...

*sneaking in a post under II-Oh!* Why am I being anal about a 2nd jacket? It's because I didn't really need one, much less a second one. See the pics -- I hardly even bothered to put on my "first" which was just a windbreaker. I went back upstairs because I thought you or PerusingOne would need something warm that night.

*nothing more to see here*

Thanks for the info, Chardonnay. I'll file it away under "things I take with a grain of salt" since I have no idea who Mr. X is. Maybe he just reads the tabloids, or watches what passes as entertainment news these days? I am still in the camp that thinks there will most likely be a Christmas tour this year, so good to know Quiana has not committed herself elsewhere. I also am still in wait and see mode in regards to the IIT baby.

I am a bit confused by your request to keep the information "discrete". This is a public message board, and info from here is quite often taken to other boards. So if that is a concern, perhaps you should reconsider posting it.

Chardonnay...glad the wedding was all you hoped... hope you didn't feel pressured cuz of us..we take a bit of pleasure in having no insiders LOL. Welcome back!!

Aikim..how you feeling hon... with that wedding approaching.

Cotton thanks for sharing the story. Ripa was definitely a beyotch on wheels that day.

I just came from the grocery store. I grew up down the street from a Hostess bakery. When I was a kid we'd run around to the bakery store and buy 6 loaves of bread for a dollar. Times have changed!

Hey Couchie; Thanks for asking...a little stressed right now...the Bridal Shower is in two weeks...still a lot to do...it is to be a joint Shower with Emily's MIL to be...haven't met her yet, just talking on the phone...so I am a little nervous about the whole thing.

I tell you how stressed I am...I gave Emily the wedding list from our side of the family and she calls me tonight to tell me I forgot to put my husband's parents on the list! Can you imagine! Thank God she noticed it before the invitations went out. Is that Freudian or what?

I will be so glad when this wedding is over; but then I have 3 other daughters...maybe I can talk them into eloping, LOL!

Kim

Well I hope I don't make people uncomfortable with saying, IIT I'm sending lots of happy thoughts and good wishes to the parents and especially to the little one -- welcome to our world! It's a scary time because it's high risk, and I think if I were in that situation it would be good to know today that people are keeping you in their thoughts. Don't Save It All for Christmas Day-cakes and all that. Hasn't he given us enough love through the years? Maybe it's time to put ourselves in someone else's shoes. We fantasize enough about being the one, so it's probably the time to do the "walk two moons" thing.

ETA:

{{{aikim}}} *sending you a virtual backrub*

You are me! And there really IS other life out there, for now, isn't there?

Body of post deleted. Looks like too little info came off as too much. I'm really sorry.

But anyway... STILL wish I had a pretty picture to share...

Well..ell CRAP!! I just got here and missed the post! :cry4: I hope I didn't miss any really good info :8: since I am saving my money and hoping for a tour of some kind!!!!

OT I just got an iTouch and am enjoying loading it with Clay vids and music....hubby calls it my "Clay touch" since that is all I have on it. :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks Scarlett, I could use one!

Speaking of babies, they did a promo for Insider tonight and showed a picture of a baby and the promo was "Can you guess which pop star this baby belongs to?"...I am ashamed to admit Clay actually crossed my mind, but the baby looked a little older than a newborn, but was a cutie!

Kim

Well I hope I don't make people uncomfortable with saying, IIT I'm sending lots of happy thoughts and good wishes to the parents and especially to the little one -- welcome to our world! It's a scary time because it's high risk, and I think if I were in that situation it would be good to know today that people are keeping you in their thoughts. Don't Save It All for Christmas Day-cakes and all that. Hasn't he given us enough love through the years? Maybe it's time to put ourselves in someone else's shoes. We fantasize enough about being the one, so it's probably the time to do the "walk two moons" thing.

I've been sending good karma Clay and Jaymes' way since this all began. Whether it's true....or partially true..involves Clay, doesn't involve Clay -- a healthy baby first and foremost and then happy and ecstatic parents. I think the latter part goes without saying. When I see Clay holding those babies in the UNICEF pics it makes me smile. He's gonna make a great dad IIT. And there's the rub, until it's verfied really nothing else to be done. Oh wait, I got paid tonight..can finally make my UNICEF donation. I do hope Clay knows he has some support IIT. The man has really brought a lot to my life.

Time for SYTYCD..thanks to a couple of birds, I know it was great tonight.

HAPPY STERLING HEIGHTS ANNIVERSARY

It's hard to believe it's been a year. Hello to the caravan of clayfans (you know who you are) that travelled to SH with us.

Here is an Anniversary Present from Luckiest1 and me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJvwKG0oVa4

(full set to follow)

goldarngirl and luckiest1 Thank you so much for your montage of the Sterling heights concert. My first Clay concert was such an overwhelming experience for me, I was in a daze after it and I wanted more. It was only then that I really understood why so many of you go to multiple concerts.

Ever since I saw the montages you have made of Clay's concerts I have been wanting your montages of this one and now I have it.

Tomorrow I'll burn another copy and send it off to my 90 yr old mother so she can see exactly why I was so thrilled to be going to Sterling Heights.

I agree. They have been in my thoughts and prayers since we heard the possible news.

Waves to Scarlett. It sounds like you all had a fabulous trip. I enjoyed your pictures.

Speaking of pictures. Here is a picture from my favorite concert last summer. One year ago tonight.

th_IMG_4278.jpg

HAPPY STERLING HEIGHTS ANNIVERSARY

It's hard to believe it's been a year. Hello to the caravan of clayfans (you know who you are) that travelled to SH with us.

Here is an Anniversary Present from Luckiest1 and me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJvwKG0oVa4

(full set to follow)

goldarngirl and luckiest1 Thank you so much for your montage of the Sterling heights concert. My first Clay concert was such an overwhelming experience for me, I was in a daze after it and I wanted more. It was only then that I really understood why so many of you go to multiple concerts.

Ever since I saw the montages you have made of Clay's concerts I have been wanting your montages of this one and now I have it.

Tomorrow I'll burn another copy and send it off to my 90 yr old mother so she can see exactly why I was so thrilled to be going to Sterling Heights.

Glad you enjoyed. Thank you for your great comments, it's nice to know that they are appreciated.

Aikim - I know where you are at. My son's wedding is the same day, and I know I do not have half the work the brides family has. Our shower is this Saturday. My sisters can not go so I have like 6 gifts to walk in with. Yesterday the wedding invitation came in the mail, and today the bachlorette party invite came. I wrote a check tonight for the rehearsal dinner. My part is a little less financial. It will be here before I know it.

I am really enjoying reliving Sterling Heights. That night was just great.

Am I in an alternate universe, one that's a week behind? Because I swear KAndre's recaps begin on Thursday, July 24th and in my world that's a recap of tomorrow, and, damn, I've known that KAndre has special gifts, including that great driving stuff, but time shifting is just stunning. So, if I fly to SF this weekend and rent a car at the airport, can I just pick ya'll up in front of the hotel at 11 a.m. for a leisurely drive to the Careme Room? Sounds like it's going to be great!

The miles to a Clay concert can only be measured in fun I think.

I haven't caught up yet so someone has probably already said this but...Thread title?

I would have said it if I had seen it....dang..now I have to go back to find the original!

take off the I think baby... cuz that is truth!!

You won't believe your eyes!

Even if you've seen Swan Lake a thousand times, you haven't seen a Swan Lake like THIS before!

The frogs at the beginning are cool, and the classic dance is reimagined in a breathtaking form BUT there is a jaw-dropping moment at the 3 minute mark, and it gets more and more amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOqxSaW05p4

Want more? Check out the The Chinese Ballet > Pas de Deux

P.s. Australian Idol is about to start, and I've been told there's a possible "Clay Aiken" in the mix.... this teaser has been running non-stop :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkrPc_FZHbA