#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

I renewed at the OFC, but choose the less expensive 'online' version. Did anyone else do that? I feel like a bad fan for some reason, but I'm saving for a tour!

Don't feel that way. I think it's great that they offer all of these options.

Thanks! I am happy they offered that option too.

Good God, is it 5:00 yet? Figures, it was up to 8C yesterday, but now that the weekend is here, it's dropping down to -17C. Brrrrrrrrr. Looking forward to seeing all the Ontario area fans at the cluncheon on Sunday! I'm sure clack will keep us warm.

Bundle up Luckiest! I just went out to the mailbox and the wind is brutal!! Brrrrr. I'm looking forward to Sunday too!

Fortunately the bitchers and complainers at OFC really are the minority and it is possible to skim past their inflammatory posts.
Especially if you have them on IGNORE! :hahaha:

I don't find myself visiting that board very often but will still fork over the money just so I can rush over there when I read those magic words. "He blogged"
:yeahthat:

I have faith in Clay and I believe with all my heart that he has good things in store and just needs time to make it happen. I am very excited to see what is next!
Me too! :clap: Good luck with the job opportunity and the unpacking, claylove. :friends:

I just returned from the doctor.... my cold has turned into yet another full-blown sinus (or snustm {{{cute singerman}}} with the sore jaw) infection.... <_< I'm looking forward to heading home soon. Don't think I'll be getting too much rest tonight with puppy joining the household, but at least it's FRIDAY!! :7:

I renewed at the OFC, but choose the less expensive 'online' version. Did anyone else do that? I feel like a bad fan for some reason, but I'm saving for a tour!

I'm a cheapskate too!! I love my tote from last year but have no use for a mug or a lanyard --- even a Clay Aiken one -- so this year I get to save some $$$$ and still read his blogs.

Aww... :elephanthugs:annabear!

*guiltily hides from the OFC membership talk* I'm poor, so I'm donating my $25 to TBAF instead of getting a membership. Can't do both, not with the unexpected technological problems I've been having... :(

Anyway... I hope I'm not waking up a new gerbil or anything, but I was just listening to my guilty pleasure song, Invisible and it occurred to me that instead of thinking of it as Clay peeking into people's rooms and stuff, I should just think of it as the fans wanting to peek into his! :lol: After all, if you sing along, you're kind of singing it back to him, right? Hee hee. I used to hate the lyrics, but this new train of thought kind of makes me like them!

Here's a lovely story from over at CV for those who remember John Martin:

Yollie received a very nice comment regarding a montage she made "Duets The Sequel" that featured John Martin (the little boy who sang with Clay on stage). Here's the comment:

I had the pleasure of meeting John Martin the other day. Unfortunately, he wasn't feeling very well. I noticed his mom had a pin with a picture of Clay and John when he was younger. I asked John about it, and for the first time that day, the now 11 year old, lit up with the biggest smile and his little eyes were just sparkling! He was glowing! His mom told me to look up this video, and I'm so glad I did! It made my day so see this sick little boy shine!

That just makes my day.

For those who do, AND for those that don't remember John:

Yollie's DUETS on Youtube

Come to think of it I don't drink anything cold either. Just room temperature........I know I'm weird.

Not at all - the only thing I can think of that I like cold is iced tea, otherwise my soda and water I prefer room temperature. When I get water from the "cooler" at work, I actually add hot water to make it closer to room temp... I've noticed others do it too!

Don't feel that way. I think it's great that they offer all of these options.

Yeah, it is nice. I know some people don't like "stuff"... me, I love stuff, which is why my house needs a good de-junking! It's a goal for this year... so why get more you ask? Can't help myself when it comes to that guy! But I really do think it was a great idea to offer one version with stuff and one stuffless... next time I'll try to control myself! :cryingwlaughter:

Finally!!! All it took was to stop staring at that opening picture and go straight into the renewal... just kidding... my version of Firefox is restricted, I logged on with IE (gack!) and got in immediately. :)

Hey merrieeee, Claymate yourself, or rather ourselves cause I'm now a Claymate too!!! *pbbbbtttttt!* How about if we celebrate by going over there together and chatting ourselves up a storm someplace? We could do "How's the weather where you live?" since we live in different counties (lol!) or even open up a new thread -- "fancy coming across my buddy from another board here..."

ETA:

:clap: Yay for the puppy homecoming, annabear!!! And {{{lots of hugs for you}}}!!! Try to rest well tonight... if that's at all possible :puppykiss:

Checking in quickly while I eat my dinner. Puppy is zonked out in his crate - for now! The cats are feeling brave enough to prowl around and see what exactly "it" is that I've brought into their home!

I have a question about OFC -- I looked at my profile and saw that I have 80 comments. I can only see one. What's up with that? Oh, and you know how our FCA Main Page lists our newest member? Is there an equivalent in OFC for that?

ETA: Found it!

ETAA: I thought members were numbered according to the order they joined. The newest one is 11237 so I'm puzzled. I'm 524 and that's wny I missed getting the handsigned picture that was given out to the first 500. Is your number less than 500, merrieeee?

OFC lists who just joined at the bottom of the message board but it has not been updated.

You can click on anyone's name in the list and it tells you about them.

I do happen to have an autographed pic so :medium-smiley-070: ........ How do you tell what our # is?

I have often wondered how one goes about choosing a screen name when you join a new board? Is it something familiar, two names combined or something that makes no sense at all?

Discuss!

I didn't have any screen name for anything before this fandom. Didn't really use the computer for surfing the net or anything like that. So when I joined my first board, That's The Clay, if I remember the name correctly, I was stumped what to pick. Not very creative... lol. Wasn't a big fan of anything in particular - well maybe Longaberger baskets or Coach purses... lol. Didn't want a Clay-centric name so I picked my son's nickname (his name is Mike and we started calling him Spike when he was about 2)... and since I'm his Mom... spikesmom.

So clearly I won't be coming up with anything creative for the new BAF name... :cryingwlaughter:

It says Clay picked the songs on it.

Clay Aiken’s favorite songs to be released through the Playlist Series

02/27/09 0 Comments

Mark your calendars… March 31st, 2009 Clay will release his perfect playlist through Legacy Recordings.

WHAT MAKES A PERFECT PLAYLIST?

The hits, the life-changing songs, the out-of-print tracks and of course the fan favorites everyone loves. You get the best of the best, including his No. 1 single “This Is The Night,” the Top 5 “Solitaire” and others handpicked by Clay from his 4 albums.

Enjoy the sound of the beautifully re-mastered songs on this CD, unlike the compromised sound of an MP3 file. You will also love the fact that the package is environmentally-friendly (no plastic, 100% recycled paperboard).

Go to www.legacyrecordings.com/playlist about the Playlist series. Also available on www.Amazon.com.

It says Clay picked the songs on it.

Clay Aiken’s favorite songs to be released through the Playlist Series

02/27/09 0 Comments

Mark your calendars… March 31st, 2009 Clay will release his perfect playlist through Legacy Recordings.

WHAT MAKES A PERFECT PLAYLIST?

The hits, the life-changing songs, the out-of-print tracks and of course the fan favorites everyone loves. You get the best of the best, including his No. 1 single “This Is The Night,” the Top 5 “Solitaire” and others handpicked by Clay from his 4 albums.

Enjoy the sound of the beautifully re-mastered songs on this CD, unlike the compromised sound of an MP3 file. You will also love the fact that the package is environmentally-friendly (no plastic, 100% recycled paperboard).

Go to www.legacyrecordings.com/playlist about the Playlist series. Also available on www.Amazon.com.

Ahhhh, I love his choices... going from giddy and heading to shmoopie in 4 seconds or less. I do love those songs!!! I bet the packaging will be special as well.

Just back from bowling and I see we have some news! Not surprised that Clay picked the songs...I couldn't imagine RCA selecting some of those songs. I pretty much love all the choices except for "Here You Come Again"...not really one of my favorites.

Kim

As Cindilu said about TITN, step away from HYCA and no one gets hurt.... ;)

Yes, I know KAndre would have put in ISY someplace or the Kmart extra to ATDW ( I can't for the life of me remember right now)... but I got my list this time. Maybe they can do a volume 2 someday, especially if this one sells.