#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

Make sure to tell us when the toe is better, kf! And my girl know quotes I like.

But quotes I love:

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die.

I love Army of Darkness

Bad Ash: [punching Ash] You're just a goody little two-shoes, a goody little two-shoes, a goody little two...

[Ash takes his gun and shoots Bad Ash in the face.]

Ash: Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Ash: Maybe, just maybe, my boys can pull this off. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Ash: Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.

Well hellooo Mister Fancypants. I've got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town.

And you might as well just quote every episode of Scrubs:

This is the reason why your headache didn't go away: That's actually pronounced analgesic, not anal-gesic. Sir, the pills go in your mouth.

Ted: And you know what else? I quit!

Dr. Kelso: No you don't!

Ted: Well I'm leaving early today!

Dr. Kelso: No, you're not! You're coming back to my office to do busy work!

Ted: Fine, but I'm getting a soda first!

Dr. Kelso: Whatever.

You'll fart, poop, pee, and scream, all in front of ten complete strangers, all of whom are staring intently at your vagina, which, by the way, has an 80 per cent chance of tearing.

Pregnant Wife: [to her husband] You do it.

Not a movie quote, but one of my top three of all time, from the one and only Mae West:

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

treenuts...I recommend you check your library for this book before buying (unless you just prefer to have your own copy) My library had it and it's a HUGE book (including the extensive bibliography, discography and ivery helpful and long index, it's 584 pages (not small paperback pages, either!). The inside flap says it's $27.95 US...and I'm reading it for free! :P

Do I see a ring on Reed's left hand?

Possibly if you have Xray vision! :) as his left hand is behind his body....but he does have a school ring on his right hand.

Here's a fun little sighting from a friend of a friend in NC:

I was dropping a friend off at BMW place in Chapel Hill yesterday and saw Clay Aiken. Asked him if I could take a photo for you, and he told me to get in it too and one of his friends took it. Talked to him for about a minute, he was a very nice guy. He was buying a (name of car removed for safety).

Here's the picture (had to clean it up a bit so you could see it)

post-1461-1237226262_thumb.jpg

Possibly if you have Xray vision! :) as his left hand is behind his body....but he does have a school ring on his right hand.

I was dropping a friend off at BMW place in Chapel Hill yesterday and saw Clay Aiken. Asked him if I could take a photo for you, and he told me to get in it too and one of his friends took it. Talked to him for about a minute, he was a very nice guy. He was buying a (name of car removed for safety).

Actually, his left hand is on the other guy's shoulder, and does have a ring on it. Doesn't mean much though - I have a ring on my 'ring' finger too. I do NOT however have one in my right nipple. OUCHIESS!!!!! He looks really young there (and gorgeous - lucky boys, our Creed!).

And I wonder what the big 'R' on Clay's shirt stand for? :lilredani:

Actually, his left hand is on the other guy's shoulder, and does have a ring on it. Doesn't mean much though - I have a ring on my 'ring' finger too. I do NOT however have one in my right nipple. OUCHIESS!!!!! He looks really young there (and gorgeous - lucky boys, our Creed!).

Oh, you're right!....that's the OTHER guys hand behind Reed's back! :lol: Apparently I wasn't looking at him, as I never even noticed the hand on his shoulder :lol:

Oh, you're right!....that's the OTHER guys hand behind Reed's back! :lol: Apparently I wasn't looking at him, as I never even noticed the hand on his shoulder :lol:

Hee - no worries. He is rather... distracting. :hubbahubba:

Yes. But as cindilu said, it probably doesn't mean much. although, I do recall seeing it in several of his pictures when they were all up on his piblic myspace. It did make me wonder too at the time. hmmmm

treenuts...I recommend you check your library for this book before buying (unless you just prefer to have your own copy) My library had it and it's a HUGE book (including the extensive bibliography, discography and ivery helpful and long index, it's 584 pages (not small paperback pages, either!). The inside flap says it's $27.95 US...and I'm reading it for free! :P

Thanks for the tip!

Great sighting FromClaygary and cute picture :lilredani:

It's a fascinating book! I can't put it down and have just been floored by some of the discoveries in the pages--intertwining lives of Joni Mitchell, Carole Kin, Carly Simon, Warren Beatty, James Taylor, David Crosby, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Joan Baez, Jim Morrison, Grace Slick, Jack Nickelson, Jackson Brown, Kris Kristofferson, Neil Sedaka, Curtis Mayfield, Cat Stevens,

.... and Neil Young, too. I remember he had a big thing with Joni. Okay, does this book opine on the subject of "You're So Vain?" Conventional wisdom has always been that it's Beatty. As I remember the times, many counter-culture icons were slow to shed the burden of chauvinism. Many of them tried, and a few were beautiful, but too many were fully invested in their domination-mindedness. They had been trained from birth. Enlightened women had to endure a lot of hypocrisy before lights flickered on in some heads. And in Texas, the women's movement arguably may have instigated the emergence of a subset of long-haired, dope-smoking, macho-fraud rednecks that continues to this day.

I love the younger generation of men, who weren't taught the "old ways" by their mothers, and grew up in a culture that demanded respect for women. It's an evolved reality. They don't have to translate words and deeds in their heads.

Yep, Neil Young and Graham Nash...

Re: "You're So Vain"...according to this author's research, this did have Beatty as the poster child, but actually was Carly's way of addressing an entire subculture of men in Hollywood, which included Nicholson....evidently, there was a kind of 'boy's club' in Hollywood that saw passing off women among the club members as a cute little way of male bonding. Carly (and presumably many other women) had 'been with' both men and in fact, the line "You gave away the things you loved, and one of them was me" speaks to this very thing---that she had been merely a conquest to Warren and his fellow playboy buddy Jack.

Many have thought that song referred to Mick Jagger. Although Carly and Mick did know each other and spent some time together, he seemed to be more of a 'hovering' presence than someone she got really involved with. There was one mention, though, that at one time Bianca Jagger contacted James Taylor to claim that Carly and Mick were having an affair.

Meanwhile, of course, James Taylor is spending nine years of his life addicted to heroin and coke and god knows what else...amazing times. And such fun reading!

Loved the picture of casual Clay with the friend of a friend.

I am interpreting this as very good news. Here's the view through my rose-colored glasses.

Last week we got info that Clay was traveling in First Class with the pricey Premium Service option.

Today we see a picture of Clay supposedly buying a new car.

Our impression of Clay has always been that he's pretty frugal. So if he's using expensive travel options and buying a new car, I interpret it to mean that he has something lucrative in the works.

They just don't seem like the actions of someone who is concerned about watching his money because there is nothing on the fire career-wise. KWIM???

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

And he really does look gorgeous to me in that pic. Thanks FG for sharing it.

I came to drop this off but see claygary already did...ah well...

Random sighting...at Chapel Hill BMW place in Chapel Hill, lol???

ClayatBMWplaceinChapelHill.jpg

What's the deal with Reed in a toga there, lol????

Perma. I agree with your conclusion but not quite how you got there. Ever since AI Mr. Frugal has always had a leaning toward flying first class -- even for his dog.

cindilu2, Thanks for the nipple confirmation. I was wondering if my computer screen needed cleaning.

Maybe it's just me, but saying BMW place and then not saying what kind of car for safety's sake seems kinda funny!

Unless they sell other makes.

Well, amongst you and I it's just you! :lol: Have you ever known a car place that didn't??

FromClaygary: Do we know when the picture was taken. I know the blog date is today. Just curious. If in the last few days, he is home & not in NYC. He looks good. Anybody know what the R on the hoodie stands for??

This post is by questions r us

When you're talking about cars and plane tickets, frugal he ain't. Street clothes, haircuts and food, yes, he is.

But yeah, I'm not worried about him. Wonder if he has a hand-me-down car to spare? :cryingwlaughter:

Maybe it's just me, but saying BMW place and then not saying what kind of car for safety's sake seems kinda funny!

Unless they sell other makes.

Well, amongst you and I it's just you! :lol: Have you ever known a car place that didn't??

Re: that info. I just saw the orginal note and it says the exact colour and model of BMW that he was buying, so that's what was removed and likely a good idea.

[Anybody know what the R on the hoodie stands for??

This post is by questions r us

That looks suspiciously like an older model Roots hoodie to me! They use the "R" on a lot of their clothing.

The R looks like it's seen a few rolls around the washer and dryer, lol... so why have we not seen it before?

He musta traded Reed for the UCONN hoodie, lol.

I thought the sweatshirt might be very expensive to get the worn out look.

He looked great in that photo and it appears his eyelashes were dyed so my assumption is ( since that's all we have lately) is that he was already in a 30 Rock episode.

I can't tell if the lashes are dyed from this picture that claygary lightened:

Clay_at_car_place_in_CH2.jpg

How come the dude had a basketball at the car dealership? And a camera?

Things that make you go..."hmmmmmmmmmmm..." TM. Arsenio Hall.

keepingfaith, I have to tell you that I've been thinking about you a lot lately because I'm reading an amazing book called Girls Like Us--about Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Carly Simon. It's not so much that I think you're a big fan of them and/or their music...although I'm sure you grew up with the songs as much as I did...but because of all the information in here about the growth of the women's 'movement' and the various personalities in the music scene in those decades.

My god, the INCESTUOUS family of music! And of course, during the whole 'sexual awakening' era for women and birth control and Woodstock and the Laurel Canyon inhabitants that pretty much covered the bulk of the influential musicians of a certain time and...

It's a fascinating book! I can't put it down and have just been floored by some of the discoveries in the pages--intertwining lives of Joni Mitchell, Carole Kin, Carly Simon, Warren Beatty, James Taylor, David Crosby, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Joan Baez, Jim Morrison, Grace Slick, Jack Nickelson, Jackson Brown, Kris Kristofferson, Neil Sedaka, Curtis Mayfield, Cat Stevens,

It never ends! A cornucopia of personalities and talent and musical genius and drug addiction and sexual indiscretion and OMG! It's truly fascinating... I heartily recommend it to anyone of 'our' generation...and anybody else! I've told my 17-year-old that I hope she reads it sometime as, not only does it tell the story of the music of my life, but also is candid about the changes in the world's expectations and views of women in their own lives.

Author is Sheila Weller.

:clay: I had to come out of lurkdom to reply to this! Muski, I have heard of this book but didn't know the title or who the author was so I want to say THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

I'm heading over to Borders with a gift card today and hoping they have it.

eta - Dropping this off. Please forgive if this has laready been posted.

:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

treenuts... :hubbahubba::hubbahubba: Delurk more often, wouldja' Now, that's a toga!!!

Make sure to tell us when the toe is better, kf! And my girl know quotes I like.

But quotes I love:

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die.

I love Army of Darkness

Bad Ash: [punching Ash] You're just a goody little two-shoes, a goody little two-shoes, a goody little two...

[Ash takes his gun and shoots Bad Ash in the face.]

Ash: Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Ash: Maybe, just maybe, my boys can pull this off. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Ash: Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.

Well hellooo Mister Fancypants. I've got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town.

And you might as well just quote every episode of Scrubs:

This is the reason why your headache didn't go away: That's actually pronounced analgesic, not anal-gesic. Sir, the pills go in your mouth.

Ted: And you know what else? I quit!

Dr. Kelso: No you don't!

Ted: Well I'm leaving early today!

Dr. Kelso: No, you're not! You're coming back to my office to do busy work!

Ted: Fine, but I'm getting a soda first!

Dr. Kelso: Whatever.

You'll fart, poop, pee, and scream, all in front of ten complete strangers, all of whom are staring intently at your vagina, which, by the way, has an 80 per cent chance of tearing.

Pregnant Wife: [to her husband] You do it.

Not a movie quote, but one of my top three of all time, from the one and only Mae West:

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

KAndre... BWAH!!! What was the parrot quote from? Mae West was an awesome lady!

FromClaygary... thanks for the clean-up. He looks GOOD!!! Love that hoodie... it looks sooo cuddly, especially with that cutesingerman inside of it. :cryingwlaughter:

Loved the picture of casual Clay with the friend of a friend.

I am interpreting this as very good news. Here's the view through my rose-colored glasses.

Last week we got info that Clay was traveling in First Class with the pricey Premium Service option.

Today we see a picture of Clay supposedly buying a new car.

Our impression of Clay has always been that he's pretty frugal. So if he's using expensive travel options and buying a new car, I interpret it to mean that he has something lucrative in the works.

They just don't seem like the actions of someone who is concerned about watching his money because there is nothing on the fire career-wise. KWIM???

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

And he really does look gorgeous to me in that pic. Thanks FG for sharing it.

Perma... I like the way you think... what else is new, huh??? :cryingwlaughter: Clay is doing his bit for the stimulus plan... what a great guy! Yeah, he sure wouldn't be buying a new BMW if he was $$$-challenged.

The R looks like it's seen a few rolls around the washer and dryer, lol... so why have we not seen it before?

He musta traded Reed for the UCONN hoodie, lol.

canfly... :hahaha: Good theory. I'll buy it!!!