Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Luckiest1 love it and it is so true! We have a cat and a dog and this week we have been watching my daughter's dog while she is on vacation. Our dog Blackie is a beagle mix and weighs 28 pounds and DD's dog is a Boston Terrier named Trixie and only weighs 18 pounds. I was pretty worried about how the two of them would get along since Blackie is quite territorial and can be a bit aggressive. Also, Blackie is 9 months old and Trixie is 5 but age hasn't seemed to be a problem.

Trixie however has been holding her own and has no problem going after him if he starts getting in her face...they do have moments when they get a little too wound up...neither one likes to share toys...sometimes it is like having a couple of two year olds around. But other times they are fine, playing tug of war or Blackie's favorite game; keep away. They have been sleeping together all week and when one has to go outside, so does the other.

The cat has pretty much been keeping out of their way, but they have not been bothering her too much and actually keep trying to get her to play with them.

I have a feeling they are going to miss each other when Trixie goes home...my daughter has been thinking of getting a second dog to keep Trixie company since she and her husband work all day and I think that would be a good idea.

Kim

Hi Keldanker! hee Waves to Caro also!! Love your dedication.

I'm watching the NCAA final four -- really have no rooting interest this year -- so will root for the underdog..in the first game it's Michigan State. Villanova for the second game.

Go A's!

Not getting excited about some radio station playing Invisible once a day or whatever.

I hope my BOCA is waiting for me.

ETA:
claytonic
, what kind of a dog is Jess? Sounds like you've done wonders with her.

For some reason, Photobucket keeps giving me this error message "Upload failed for Jez closeup.JPG with error: A network error caused your upload to fail. Please try your upload again."

It doesn't happen all the time but it happens MOST of the time now ... very strange as it never happened AT ALL until a couple of months ago.

Is there a way to post a pic directly from my hard drive, or another way besides Photobucket?

ETA:

post-1729-1238887972_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much annabear ... I've only ever used Photohucket for posting pics on forums... thanks also

ldyjocelyn, I will keep those details and try them out now that Photobucket has started behaving like a man... :cryingwlaughter:

Jess is a PoodleXMaltese :puppykiss:

ETA:
claytonic
, what kind of a dog is Jess? Sounds like you've done wonders with her.

For some reason, Photobucket keeps giving me this error message "Upload failed for Jez closeup.JPG with error: A network error caused your upload to fail. Please try your upload again."

It doesn't happen all the time but it happens MOST of the time now ... very strange as it never happened AT ALL until a couple of months ago.

Is there a way to post a pic directly from my hard drive, or another way besides Photobucket?

Yes. :)

When posting a reply in which you want to post a photo, click the 'Browse' button in the 'Attachments' window, directly below your posting window.

attach_pics.jpg

This will allow you to browse the files on your computer and choose the pic you're looking for. When you find it, click on it, then click 'UPLOAD'.

Voila!

post-1730-1238887428_thumb.jpg

ETA: You're welcome, claytonic. Awww, Jess is a cutie! I love stories like yours. Most of my pets throughout my life have been strays or shelter adoptions.

claytonic, you could post the picture as an attachment. That's the green rectangle immediately under the text box when you make a post.

There are also many other photohosting sites out there -- Flickr and Smugmug are two others you might want to try.

Sigh. I think I'm getting an early spring cold. I hate that.

Damn it annabear -- you're quick!

BWAH!! I think I see Clay in that photo. :cryingwlaughter:

From Twitter, this is a radio station in Memphis (104.5 WRVR The River)

http://www.wrvr.com/

Thanks for working with the River this morning. I've been told I have to include Clay Aiken in our Idol music so he's on the way too

about 3 hours ago from web

Woo Hoo! Friday! I know it may still be Thursday for you but be happy anyway. The Beatles and your American Idols coming up on the River

about 5 hours ago from web

Interestng "tweet" for sure. I have no idea what it means or if it means anything but it's intriguing for sure.

I reeeeeellly feel like there's something upcoming! Eeeeeeehhhhhhhhh!!! :dancingpickle:

I just noticed an update to the above:

re: WRVR radio's mandate to play Clay Aiken - apparently it was "Invisible" that got added to their playlist, per Yes.com - they've played it at least twice in the last 24 hours.

And an update that's pretty important, posted hours ago on CH. I guess no one brought it to CV:

That radio station, WRVR, has been playing Invisible almost every day for a while now. It's not a case of them just now adding it to their playlist. I've been watching yes.com for months, and have seen it played there often.

So it seems strange that the DJ would state that he has suddenly been told to play the song. It doesn't make any sense. It's already on their playlist

I posted basically the same thing at CV that Morganette posted at CH. But nobody noticed. Of course, that is not unusual. ;)

Hi FCA!!

Hey keldanker!! Come back and post again soon!

Does anyone have an extra copy of ATDW they'd be willing to part with? Wal-mart doesn't stock it anymore, at least not in my area. I bought my version off of iTunes and now I'd kind of like to have a hard copy too.... Maybe I should check Amazon.

ETA: Never mind, I checked Amazon and they have plenty. I should'a done that first!

Hi FCA!!

keldanker.... Hi, yourself! :welcome10: Post more often, pretty please. I don't respond to everyone's posts, but I read everyone of them and appreciate everyone of them, too, as this site is my home and I kinda, sorta like it and the peeps who post here. :BlowKiss:

bottle... BWAH!!! I know Clay is in there somewhere... probably Reed, too! :hahaha:

GLAADTONGUE.jpg

Ah, that's better. Not :dancingpickle::bounce: :nana: th_Reed_handstand.jpg :snoopy: , but better.

bottle... trust you to find a GLAAD tongue picture... :clap::clap:

I loved that little clip from GLAAD. "Would I change anything in the last five years... no." Says a lot to me. It was his journey and he made the decisions right for him and he's happy. End of story.

I'm back on page 7 but had to quote this...

:Thud:

:offtobed:

On our way back from Windsor and the Seal concert yesterday*, laughn and I were discussing our favorite actors from Spamalot and what they might be doing now. laughn got this news about Tom Deckman from Clayphan from the OFC :

His next project is a series of webisodes, which he was starting to shoot on Tuesday morning. It can be found on www.teen.com starting May 4th, under the heading of "Haute and Bothered". He plays an 18 year old fashionista kind of guy. Tom wanted me to thank everyone for all the love and support we all showed him and the rest of the cast during Spamalot.

*Half-toasted middle-aged people should not try to form a mosh pit in front of the stage. If their children could have seen them, they would have been highly embarrassed - especially given the generally lame dance moves and lack of rhythm that was on display.

:club0:

Good Morning Everyone,

3 Days until Judge Aiken is holding court on ANTM!

:yahoo:

16 Days until Clay receives his Family Equality Council honor!

22 Days until Clay is at Rosie's Benefit!

39 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

On our way back from Windsor and the Seal concert yesterday*, laughn and I were discussing our favorite actors from Spamalot and what they might be doing now. laughn got this news about Tom Deckman from Clayphan from the OFC :

His next project is a series of webisodes, which he was starting to shoot on Tuesday morning. It can be found on www.teen.com starting May 4th, under the heading of "Haute and Bothered". He plays an 18 year old fashionista kind of guy. Tom wanted me to thank everyone for all the love and support we all showed him and the rest of the cast during Spamalot.

Thanks for the update on Tom. I miss Prince Herbert. *Where are you? Where are you? Where are you, my heart's desire?* :flirtysmile3:

I still get updates from Broadway.com and saw this regarding Rick Holmes:

Headlines: Rick Holmes to Join Cast of Distracted April 7

by Broadway.com Staff

Rick Holmes is set to join the cast of the Roundabout Theatre Company’s production of Distracted, Lisa Loomer’s comedy about parenting in the age of Ritalin and the internet. Holmes will play the role of Dad, starting April 7 and ending May 17, when the show finishes its run at the Laura Pels Theatre. Holmes replaces Josh Stamberg, who’s leaving to fulfill a prior film obligation.

Holmes New York theatre credits include Spamalot, The Pillowman, Major Barbara, The Deep Blue Sea, Cabaret, The Government Inspector, Timon of Athens and Saint Joan on Broadway. Off-Broadway he’s appeared in Stop Kiss and Dog Opera at the Public Theater, Othello and the Tragedy of Richard III with Shakespeare in the Park, and Christina Alberta’s Father at the Vineyard Theatre.

Distracted stars Cynthia Nixon as a contemporary American mom who reaches out to teachers, psychotherapists, and neighbors to figure out if Attention Deficit Disorder is the root of her son’s problems.

The cast also features Peter Benson, Shana Dowdeswell, Lisa Emery, Natalie Gold, Matthew Gumley, Mimi Lieber and Aleta Mitchell.

Have a good Sunday everyone! :BlowKiss:

Does anyone have an extra copy of ATDW they'd be willing to part with? Wal-mart doesn't stock it anymore, at least not in my area. I bought my version off of iTunes and now I'd kind of like to have a hard copy too.... Maybe I should check Amazon.

ETA: Never mind, I checked Amazon and they have plenty. I should'a done that first!

I see you found it at Amazon, but I do have a couple extra copies.

I see you found it at Amazon, but I do have a couple extra copies.

I hope "good condition" on Amazon really does mean GOOD condition. It's only like, $3 for a CD, so that's nice. I really didn't want to pay Wal-Mart $16 + tax to order online.

How was Seal?

Let me put it like this [tm Sir Robin]. Did anyone see this past week's episode of "How I Met Your Mother"? The theme, based on Danny Glover's Lethal Weapon character, was "I'm too old for this shit." I liked Seal, his voice, the visuals that were projected on the video screen behind him, and his rhinestone belt. (I'm guessing Heidi picked that out for him). The flashing stage lights that shone right into our eyes, the bass that made my chest hurt, the screaming drunk chicks behind us that couldn't manage to clap on the beat and who were later joined by a guy who had a piercing whistle that could have shattered glass, and the previously mentioned middle-aged mosh pit that formed in front of the stage? Not so much.... I was expecting a more mellow, soulful set (i.e. Kiss From a Rose, or the covers from his latest album) and I felt like I wandered into a techno rave by mistake for at least the first few numbers. There were more guys in the tech booth than there were onstage. Seal had a drummer and two guitar players, one of whom also played the keyboard and the other who seemed to be in charge of some of the backing tracks (strings and horns and whatnot). No back-up singers, other than occasionally the guitar players.

:nanaonacid::nanaonacid::nanaonacid::nanaonacid:

Despite all that, the show was fun and I'm glad we got to see it. It's just that I've never left a Clay Aiken concert with my ears ringing. :cryingwlaughter:

I've never been to any concerts. I am curious, do any other singers give the props to their backups that Clay does? It seems more like a trio show than anything else from the Clack I watch.

I've never been to any concerts. I am curious, do any other singers give the props to their backups that Clay does? It seems more like a trio show than anything else from the Clack I watch.

Well it's not exactly a trio.. but they do get solos, duets with him and are a part of the show through banter. Sometimes background singers are heard and not seen. Clay is very generous but he's not the only generous singer out there.

Well it's not exactly a trio.. but they do get solos, duets with him and are a part of the show through banter. Sometimes background singers are heard and not seen. Clay is very generous but he's not the only generous singer out there.

Yeah, I guess trio isn't quite it. But they're certainly involved, rather than being stuck behind and to the right the whole time.