Thread Title  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is ournext thread title?

• You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken
    • Clay Aiken - Luxuriously Enticing
    • The House of Aiken de la Clay
    • I'll take Clay any day
    • Our cool boyfriend and his thudworthy thighs
    • Those boys!! Double the CUTENESS / Double the FUN!

Irobot is vacuuming away downstairs as we speak.
:)

Ah, that reminds me...does anyone own one of those hand-held steam irons? You know, the one you use to smooth out wrinkles on clothes on a hanger, and can be used to iron sheets directly on the bed, curtains that are hanging. Can also be used to sterilize and steam-clean clothes you would normally send to the dry cleaners.

I am about to buy one but just don't want to end up with another unused electric appliance.

Hey Claytonic let us know what its like if you do get one. I have watched those adds and often thought it looks good. But then again I am a sucker for those things on infomercials. I once ordered a mop for $60. I can't believe I paid so much for a really crappy ordinary mop that turned my hands black every time I picked it up! I restrain myself nowadays!

hey people I was just trying to be funny there, which is why I said probably the only French Clay knows is a la mode as in "I want my apple pie a la mode".

I had not heard that term when I went to Juniors last year.

Ausdon: "Could I have ice cream with my apple pie please?"

Juniors waiter: "One apple pie a la mode"

Ausdon: "Oh no I would just like apple pie with ice cream"

Juniors waiter: ( suppressing a smile and talking realllly slooow) Yes, that is a la mode.

Ausdon: " Oh OK!"

Juniors waiter: (fakes smile and thinks "stupid foreigners!)

BTW: On the 2nd April it was exactly 12 months since we started our excellent American adventure. :cry4:

Feet don't look big enough. :naughtywag:

:word:

We had snow here too but it mostly didn't stick...other than I had to clean off the truck yesterday and my wipers were frozen stuck this morning. It was white this morning but hardly any left now.

Irobot is vacuuming away downstairs as we speak.
:)

Ah, that reminds me...does anyone own one of those hand-held steam irons? You know, the one you use to smooth out wrinkles on clothes on a hanger, and can be used to iron sheets directly on the bed, curtains that are hanging. Can also be used to sterilize and steam-clean clothes you would normally send to the dry cleaners.

I am about to buy one but just don't want to end up with another unused electric appliance.

Hey Claytonic let us know what its like if you do get one. I have watched those adds and often thought it looks good. But then again I am a sucker for those things on infomercials. I once ordered a mop for $60. I can't believe I paid so much for a really crappy ordinary mop that turned my hands black every time I picked it up! I restrain myself nowadays!

hey people I was just trying to be funny there, which is why I said probably the only French Clay knows is a la mode as in "I want my apple pie a la mode".

Juniors waiter: ( suppressing a smile and talking realllly slooow) Yes, that is a la mode.

BTW: On the 2nd April it was exactly 12 months since we started our excellent American adventure. :cry4:

Where da heck you from that you've never heard the phrase "a la mode" before?

I wonder if Juniors misses us, lol?

:cryingwlaughter:

I think he was saying de la Clay cause de le Clay just doesn't sound right, even if it is.

:cryingwlaughter:

It's not, lol. (former French teacher here) "de" and "le" don't go together. They become "du" but not in front of a name. It would just be "de Clay" with no "le" or "la", so verdict is... Clay doesn't know French...and neither do a bunch of you guys, lol.

:hahaha:

Anna I think I saw your puppy on a commercial for Pet Smart today.

I need to get him in commercials! Puppies are expen$ive!! :puppykiss:

I love it! :lol:

My mom & I were just talking, over the weekend, about it being almost a year since our Spam-a-venture. :cry4: I still remember all of us standing around in Shubert Alley, well after the stage door, finally looking at each other, and deciding we might as well ask each other if we were the people we were looking for! :hahaha:

AI Comment:

I was all "Eh" about Adam Lambert, because I found his performances technically impressive but cold. Tonight's performance of

Mad World, though, really, really impressed me. WOW! I might even have to hit iTunes and buy it.

Carry on y'all. :DoClay:

I received my new TV Guide today, and there was a blurb about the finale of Scrubs. Supposedly, there will be a wedding between the two main characters, possibly as a fantasy sequence. Now, there has been speculation that they are bringing back lots of old characters in the final episode. My thought? Could Kenny come back to sing for the wedding?

Just a thought.

Maybe it's just me, who would love to see Clay (as Kenny) back on the show again.

I received my new TV Guide today, and there was a blurb about the finale of Scrubs. Supposedly, there will be a wedding between the two main characters, possibly as a fantasy sequence. Now, there has been speculation that they are bringing back lots of old characters in the final episode. My thought? Could Kenny come back to sing for the wedding?

Just a thought.

Maybe it's just me, who would love to see Clay (as Kenny) back on the show again.

Ooooooooooh, we should totally spam the Scrubs people and tell them that.

:lol:

AI Comment:

I was all "Eh" about Adam Lambert, because I found his performances technically impressive but cold. Tonight's performance of

Mad World, though, really, really impressed me. WOW! I might even have to hit iTunes and buy it.

Carry on y'all. :DoClay:

bottle -

I usually think that Adam is either a bit OTT or too theatrical for me, but tonight, I was

definitely impressed. I agree - WOW!

I do have to admit to having quite a bit of loyalty to my hometown boy, Danny. Doesn't matter if he's on or a little off with his performance. I just like him. And it's fun actually having someone from here on the show...

But, yes, Adam definitely was ON tonight!

As opposed to the dopes running the show... my DVR is set to tape 5 minutes over the end of the show and it still wasn't enough. It cut out right after Simon gave his quick comments. No recap of all the singers.

I've been out of touch for a while on a serious personal item. I spent several days in the ICU and underwent surgery but the good part is that I'm doing fine now and will be ok. I was discharged from the hospital on Saturday; I spent a few days with a friend and will be going home tomorrow.

Every day

You walk with stronger step

You walk with longer step

The worst is over

If you were one of the few who were with me during this time, thank you very much for your support, encouragement and concern. If I didn't get to share this with you, thank you too since I know you would have sent your good wishes if only you had known.

If I owe you an e-mail, PM or any other item, I will send it eventually but please be patient with me a little bit more since I'm supposed to take things easy for now.

I probably won't be posting as much as I used to but even when I'm not here, y'all will always be in my best thoughts and wishes, or (in the usual Scarlett overdramatic way)... in my faith, in my hope and in my love. :thbighug-1:

ETA: On topic, so happy to hear of so many good things going on. Yay!!! I've been so eager to get well and get home because my BOCA's are waiting for me!!!

:Iluvclaysbutt:

{{{Scarlett}}} You were missed.

Where da heck you from that you've never heard the phrase "a la mode" before?

I wonder if Juniors misses us, lol?

"I am from the Land down under. Where women glow and men thunder" - It's just that with all this glowing I haven't had time to learn all them fancy-pancy french food terms.

And we had to be careful in the states & Canada because even though we thought we were speaking plain English some of the people we spoke to didn't agree. A couple of times I ended up putting on my best American or English accent in order to be understood.

And don't get me started on the difficulty of getting coffee how I like it............. :hahaha:

My mom & I were just talking, over the weekend, about it being almost a year since our Spam-a-venture. :cry4: I still remember all of us standing around in Shubert Alley, well after the stage door, finally looking at each other, and deciding we might as well ask each other if we were the people we were looking for! :hahaha:

Good memories Anna! :cry4:

Just a thought.

I would Iwould!

{{{{{{Scarlett}}}}}} :BlowKiss:

And we had to be careful in the states & Canada because even though we thought we were speaking plain English some of the people we spoke to didn't agree. A couple of times I ended up putting on my best American or English accent in order to be understood.

And don't get me started on the difficulty of getting coffee how I like it............. :hahaha:

About the coffee, I HATE cream in anything but I like my coffee "white". I have a feeling you know the problem I had too.... The biggest problem I had in the US was the tipping. Over here, tipping isn't absolutely mandatory (depends where you are), and you tip if the service is good and I tip accordingly. In the USA, if you didn't tip ENOUGH, the look you get is enough to have you hang your head in shame. (I love American pancakes, and all I had was a couple of pancakes at the breakfast bar at the Beverly Hills Hotel. I thought I gave a fair tip for what I ate and the service, I mean, the woman didn't even have to walk two steps to serve me. Well, I liked the pancakes so I went back every day for the duration of my stay and yes, I tipped a lot more after that ...)

Hey! I know
plenty
of French! Croissant! Omelette! Crepe!
Crepe with nutella
! Champagne!

Crepe AVEC Nutella! See, I know an extra French word!

And I can pronounce 'merde' in a way that lets ya know how I am feeling!

Scarlett, good to know you are on the mend!

{{{{{{{{{Scarlett}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so glad you came thru whateveritwas ok, Scarlett! :hugs-1:

Take your time and get well sooner than Clay's soon! :cryingwlaughter:

:fca: I finally managed to do my taxes tonight. The Feds owe me a huge amount - $71, while I owe the stupid state of CA $272. I'm going to have to change my W-2 tomorrow. I've never had to pay before... ever! I don't like it!

On the other hand... ANTM is TOMORROW!!! Aiken de la Clay is almost here! Woohoo!!!