#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Merrieeee!! You were so lucky to be there at the GIF. His frisky jukebox session was amazing to listen to, and I loved everything he sang. That voice!! I like what you said on the cellcert about how the "philanthropic" aspect of the program was impressive. I left the Raleigh gala with the same feeling--really impressed with the NIP and what it is accomplishing.

Yes, 10 movies nominated for Best Picture for the Oscars is new this year. From what I've read, it's designed to increase the size of the TV audience, which had been declining over the years. The theory is that a wider field of nominees would allow some films that the viewing audience has actually seen to be included, rather than just the ones the critics like, so the ratings are supposed to be better.

Works for me - I am very very happy that District 9 was nominated!!!!!!! It is my personal best picture of the year. I am looking forward to seeing the people who made the film; I have no illusions that they will win. The picture cost $30 million to make, and has earned about $205 million so far - heeeee......less than Avatar's budget.

I loved Avatar's look and sound - but don't care to hear the dialog ever again.

I think when Clay says Twitter is the devil, he really means the idiot twitterers who broadcast his whereabouts or participation in something - whether true or not.

Clay had mic problems? I'm thinking she probably quit in a jealous huff. Can't say I blame her :hubbahubba:

Probably just me, but I now think of it as "Mike" and maybe he was feeling neglected and was competing for Clay's attention... :hahaha:

Ha ha, good one. :)

I tried to watch the youtubes last night, but I can't stand the buffering and freezing, and the quality is always so low. Looking forward to real clack downloads soon!

YAY Thankful! Love the close ups and new angles. The songs are yummy.

I keep hearing It's Impossible as a signature song for Clay, the theme orchestras play when he makes an entrance, theme to his talk show, etc. It's been recorded, but it was never anyone's signature.

If not that one, then Mack the Knife. It's a big possibility, because Bobby Darin's signature song was Beyond the Sea. And I thought Clay owned Mack the Knife the night he sang it on Idol. From the look on his face that night, I think he thought so too.

Even What Kind of Fool Am I ... not sure about Tony Newley, but it wasn't Sammy D's signature as that was Candy Man.

The ones that are right out are Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You and Moon River (and Andy Williams didn't originate Moon River or even have the biggest hit from it, yet it's his.)

But I say It's Impossible because I'm walking around hearing it in my head. Hearing orchestrated intros ... it has me.

Thanks, Paulette!! I really enjoyed the videos! Although the songs themselves are not really my cuppa, nor is him using his higher tenor voice so much, I have immense hope that they will be outstanding with a full orchestra/band! And his vocals no doubt will soar on them. I Can't wait to hear the completed product :wub:

Our boyfriend's a stud, yo!

He certainly is! Reed is too in real life but he doesn't make my heart go pitty pat like the guy up there!

Yeah, it's really a shame they can't procreate :whistling-1: They would make such beee-u-tiful babies together :flirtysmile3:

But if he were talking about baseball season being too long I'd certainly agree. heee
:word::word: hee

Cool blog linked from Twitter:

No three putts

Love the "Putts": blog! Loved!!

Sadly I see a certain other "putz"couldn't resist it's nasty urges yet once again in the comments section.

I hope the responders continue to ignore! ::insert shaking head emoticon here::

What exactly IS the life expectancy of a toad anyway?

My favorite pic from this weekend -

post-1277-1265230873_thumb.jpg

No wait, this one -

post-1277-1265230777_thumb.jpg

Maybe this one too?-

post-1277-1265230728_thumb.jpg

So many to post, so little space :hubbahubba:

Let me just say that I absolutley ADORE Clay's freckles. I find them one of his best features and am so happy to see him making less of an effort to cover them up these days!! :clap: Thankyou, Clay :wub:

I also think he looks very slimmed down and wish he would wear more fitted clothing to show off what I believe is a beautiful body hiding under those clothes! Pleeease baby, pleeease :lilredani:

I also think he looks very slimmed down and wish he would wear more fitted clothing to show off what I believe is a beautiful body hiding under those clothes! Pleeease baby, pleeease :lilredani:

Clay loves surprises. Maybe he wants to surprise us with a hot toned body, in skin tight pants and a sexy shirt with a couple of buttons open at the top to expose chest hair. He probably didn't want to turn the ladies on too much before, under the circumstances, but now he can turn us all on, guilt-free!

Maybe he'll even rub some feet now!

I just have no negative expectation at all about this new album. And I'm the hard-rock lover, loud and metally is what I've lost a portion of my hearing to since the 60's. I was Led Zeppelin's devoted fan back in the day ... yet in the spirit of full-disclosure my favorite Zeppelin was and still is, Thank You. Anyway, if I can bridge the gulf between that and It's Impossible, I think anybody can.

And when Clay talked about the PBS show as going after the target audience, I think that audience is discerning appreciaters of great music. Because I seriously doubt it has anything to do with an age-related demographic. Here in the Clay Nation, from what I can tell, we're in our 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and so on. We like rock, pop, showtunes, classics, and stuff we learned to love on Idol, like Build Me Up Buttercup.

Which reminds me ...... Buttercup is from the '60's, isn't it? It wasn't anything I knew about in the '60's, but it's also a bit of a Clay signature from Idol, which is the first and last time I recall ever hearing it. A thought, but maybe Clay wants to scoop up those "signature" Idol songs like Mack and Buttercup and To Love Somebody, even Unchained Melody which he's never recorded. You know that David Foster has probably been pushing him to record UM. Maybe he's swooping in for his Idol gems before someone else does! And, I just had a heart murmur, wait a minute .... I Can't Help Myself! Could you help yourself if Clay tours this summer with Sugar Pie Honey Bunch AND Buttercup!?! Dreams, dreams, but Lord, Lord, Let it BE.

As for determining the tone of the new album ... I think Clay is sandbagging this thing big time! I think he's going after the Idol audience that wonders what happened to him, and their kids and parents and friends and neighbors. And I think he'll get something on radio this time. I predict.

As for determining the tone of the new album ... I think Clay is sandbagging this thing big time! I think he's going after the Idol audience that wonders what happened to him, and their kids and parents and friends and neighbors. And I think he'll get something on radio this time. I predict

:yeahthat:

What excited me about GFI is how long Clay sang- As if he never wanted to leave. I could only guess that he misses touring big time and I miss him touring big time. :rainbowsmile::needclay:

thankful, I downloaded your stuff and it is my favorite so far. The audio is wonderful and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and your table mates for not chattering during the recording. It was greatly appreciated.

I love watching Clay sing. It's like part of this whole amazing experience, which is why I think this PBS special will be so great for him. He's so beautiful when he sings.

As for the songs, I can't say that they were my dream songs for him to sing, but hearing what he does with them is wonderful. His interpretive skills are so perfect for the songs. I cannot wait to hear this cd and to hear him performing these songs (well any songs actually) live.

As for determining the tone of the new album ... I think Clay is sandbagging this thing big time! I think he's going after the Idol audience that wonders what happened to him, and their kids and parents and friends and neighbors. And I think he'll get something on radio this time. I predict

:yeahthat:

What excited me about GFI is how long Clay sang- As if he never wanted to leave. I could only guess that he misses touring big time and I miss him touring big time. :rainbowsmile::needclay:

You know he just kept singing and singng like he was having a really good time. I haven't been able to really voice it too well but it, to me, just felt different. The evening felt so intimate like he was singing to a few good friends. His voice just wrapped around me and grabbed my heart! I almost felt like he "let us in".

Does that make any sense?

Here is another great blog from that golfer who blogged about the foundation yesterday. This makes me very happy.

http://nothreeputts.blogspot.com/2010/02/s...aiken-fans.html

:wub: I think I'm in love with Larry!! I wonder if Clay will mind :cryingwlaughter:

I actually teared up when I read he put the banner up on his site so others might learn and donate. How terrific is THAT!!

And he wants some suggestions as to what to listen to or videos to watch of Clay. Smart man ;-)

But what really touched me was this -

And finally, if someone could email me (my email address is on the top right of your screen) next year, one month before the Inclusion tournament - I'm going to post a brief write-up on the tournament and encourage my readers to attend... Plus, I'll contact my fellow golf bloggers and ask them to do the same.
*sniff* My eyes are leaking just a bit. I'm so glad that we the fans, the Project and Clay have touched him in some way.

I agree with almost everything you wrote treenuts -- it's very cool that this guy has learned enough about the Project, and understands how important it is, that he will now push it to his friends! That makes my heart sing.

His asking for suggestions of music, though, makes me cringe a bit. That could be just me, though -- knowing the history of this fandom. I hope he personally just picks and chooses what sounds interesting to HIM, and likes it.

Thankful, I'll have to get to your clips tomorrow morning. I look forward to watching them!

Here is another great blog from that golfer who blogged about the foundation yesterday. This makes me very happy.

http://nothreeputts.blogspot.com/2010/02/s...aiken-fans.html

:wub: I think I'm in love with Larry!! I wonder if Clay will mind :cryingwlaughter:

I actually teared up when I read he put the banner up on his site so others might learn and donate. How terrific is THAT!!

And he wants some suggestions as to what to listen to or videos to watch of Clay. Smart man ;-)

But what really touched me was this -

And finally, if someone could email me (my email address is on the top right of your screen) next year, one month before the Inclusion tournament - I'm going to post a brief write-up on the tournament and encourage my readers to attend... Plus, I'll contact my fellow golf bloggers and ask them to do the same.
*sniff* My eyes are leaking just a bit. I'm so glad that we the fans, the Project and Clay have touched him in some way.

Hey, I'd put a smack emotie here but my internet sucks tonight so I can't look it up. treenuts, you know I love ya but stay off of my man. I have already sent out feelers to find out if he's married and cute.

But yeah, that blog made me feel so good. And ldyj, so far the comments by the fans have been good. He said he wanted recommendations and he's sure getting them. Some are even putting in links to youtube, and if he's anything like me, once I check out one video, then I want to click another and another. Unless the guys is tone deaf, I'm sure he'll find something on there that he likes.

Good Morning Everyone, I am ghost posting the calendar for aikim until her computer problems are fixed.

4 Days until The Big Clay Aiken News is Revealed!

23 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention!

36 Days until The Magical Mystery Date!

45 Days until The First Day of Spring!

4 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special!

Clay addresses the Key Club Convention in July!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

I finally found a quiet half hour to watch these. His voice is like butter. Wow. I may not survive March 12th! But I am sure jealous of all of you who were able to attend GFI. Thankful4Clay, he sure seemed to like your table. :)

OMG, FIEKY is hilarious! Don't skip it just because he isn't necessarily the singer. He is so cute! I hope we get more angles on it!

Thankful, your videos are wonderful and only get better every time I watch - and I can't stop watching. The audio is outstanding. THANK YOU!!!!

I too love the videos of FIEKY. Jackie does a really good job keeping it together with Clay going all adorable right behind her. HippoGA has another great angle of this, dead center. I love his FACE. His mood for the night reminds me of Christmas 2006 (without the magnificent hair, but with all the interactive fun). I'd be in heaven with more hair on his head as I think his broader face requires more than JBT hair. And, can someone tell me if Clay has always had that scar/indentation(?) on the right side of his forehead. In many of the pictures from GFI it's very prominent because his short hair is exposing it. So I don't know where this came from, but I've never focused on it before, and never heard it discussed before.

And, can someone tell me if Clay has always had that scar/indentation(?) on the right side of his forehead. In many of the pictures from GFI it's very prominent because his short hair is exposing it. So I don't know where this came from, but I've never focused on it before, and never heard it discussed before.

Yes, it's always been there. It used to be discussed a lot before your time. I think it has to do with birthing, but someone who knows more about that than I will have to say.