#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Since I'm coming in late to the non-party... my theory is that they decided to wait a bit cause of all the hoopla over the Saints being the Superbowl Champions. Don't want to be completely overshadowed. There is never a perfect moment, but this is the Saints' moment. Anyway that's my rationale and I'm stickin' to it.... :cryingwlaughter:

Good Morning Everyone,

I don't know why, but I am not seeing Clay's whole blog, just the list of hotels...anyone have any ideas?

18 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention! :yahoo:

31 Days until The Magical Mystery Date!:yahoo:

40 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 months until June and the New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay addresses the Key Club in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Now I want a bunch of tickets to take everyone I know. The anticipation is building. :soon::onFire:

I'll be gone all afternoon doing taxes and I hope everyone has a great day including Clay. I'll bet he can't wait to get going on his mysterious project. :waiting:

ETA: aikim, go to older blogs. He wrote two separate blogs.

Now I want a bunch of tickets to take everyone I know. The anticipation is building. :soon::onFire:

I'll be gone all afternoon doing taxes and I hope everyone has a great day including Clay. I'll bet he can't wait to get going on his mysterious project. :waiting:

ETA: aikim, go to older blogs. He wrote two separate blogs.

Found it! He must be as frustrated as we are...probably more!

Kim

The Human Rights Campaign has listed the worst companies in the country for LGBT employees. It's something to keep in mind.

The Worst Companies For LGBT Workers: HRC's 2010 Ranking

Exxon Mobil tied for worst in the Corporate Equality Index with a score of 0. The energy giant does not prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity and does not provide spousal health benefits to same-sex partners.

The Laclede Group, the St. Louis energy company, tied for worst in the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index. Laclede does not prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender, does not provide partner health benefits, and provides no diversity training that includes sexual orientation.

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. ranked third worst in the Human Rights Campaign Index with a score of 15. The company does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender, provide partner benefits, or require diversity training that includes sexual orientation.

Meijer tied for fourth worst in the corporate equality index. The Michigan-based grocery chain does not require employees to complete diversity training that includes sexual orientation, does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender identity, and does not provide partner health benefits.

Lear, the automobile-interiors manufacturer, earned its low score by neither providing partner health benefits nor prohibiting discrimination on the basis of gender identity.

Dana Holding Corp., which manufactures structural components for vehicles, does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender identity and does not provide same-sex partner health benefits.

The railway company recently purchased by Warrenn Buffett, the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway, has an equality index score of 20. The company was docked points for not prohibiting discrimination based on gender identity and not extending health benefits to same-sex partners.

Baldor Electric Company lost big points for not prohibiting discrimination based on gender identity/expression and for not offering same-sex partner health benefits.

AutoZone lost major points for not prohibiting discrimination based on gender identity or expression and for not providing same-sex partners with health insurance coverage.

YRC Worldwide, the shipping company, does not prohibit discrimination based on gender identity and does not allow its employees' same-sex partners to qualify for health benefits.

Vertis Communications does allows its employees' same-sex partners to qualify for health insurance benefits. However, Vertis was docked points for not prohibiting discrimination on the basis of gender identity.

Ryland Group, the home construction company, lost significant points for not providing its employees' same-sex partners with access to the health insurance benefits. Ryland also does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender identity.

Arizona-based Avnet, the computer products distributor, does offer same-sex partner health insurance, but the company lost points for not prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.

Just to pass the time, here's a cool story. One Christmas Eve (1970) James Taylor and Joni Mitchell stopped by to shop in a record store: Chapel Hill memories. They also went carolling with the Taylor family. (Read the comments for the memories of a few of the neighbors.) Be sure and also play the James/Joni duet of "You Can Close Your Eyes" on the player above the title. I know I've heard that before; I assume it was on an old album? There's also a photo there of a painting Joni did of James that Christmas season.

Just to pass the time, here's a cool story. One Christmas Eve (1970) James Taylor and Joni Mitchell stopped by to shop in a record store: Chapel Hill memories. They also went carolling with the Taylor family. (Read the comments for the memories of a few of the neighbors.) Be sure and also play the James/Joni duet of "You Can Close Your Eyes" on the player above the title. I know I've heard that before; I assume it was on an old album? There's also a photo there of a painting Joni did of James that Christmas season.

Thank you for posting this. I loved the story and hearing the Joni/James duet and then "River" sure brought back a lot of memories of the early 70's when Joni's album "Blue" was the one record I played most often. A reflection of my state of mind. My husband of 6years and I had parted and I was definitely blue, shed a lot of tears listening to it.

:GA_FCA:

I updated Carolina On My Mind with a summary of Clay's blogs, directing members to read them at the OFC. As always, I appreciate your visits and comments. The "Moon River" segment and the photo essay of this little guy's day in the park are still there:

th_Kai_Park3.jpg

Clickable Kai

At Facebook, I couldn't figure out why my nieces were not befriending me. The husband of one did right away. The nieces asked my sister, who doesn't even know how to turn on a computer, what in the world their aunt was thinking with a "Bite Me" avatar. :lol:

Sooooooooo yesterday Carolina Clay went the conventional route at FB and switched to a daisy siggie Sally created a while back. Time will tell if I'm back in the family. I told my daughter about the situation, and she thought it was hilarious. One of her cousins was quite a swinger in her heyday. :whistling-1:

I have since learned that a CA fan on FB was staying away for the same reason. So far, I still have the "Bite Me" avatar at Twitter. :imgtongue:

Caro.jpgBite_Me.gif

All the best to everyone about to be engaged in the motel/travel/ticket cycle. Have a great day, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Thank you for posting this. I loved the story and hearing the Joni/James duet and then "River" sure brought back a lot of memories of the early 70's when Joni's album "Blue" was the one record I played most often. A reflection of my state of mind. My husband of 6years and I had parted and I was definitely blue, shed a lot of tears listening to it.

You're welcome. Thanks for appreciating it! I've spent way too much time on that site today. Lots of great old stories.

Wow, I really enjoyed this. Loved both Joni and James. Brought back some amazing memories for me too. Thanks!!!!

It's official! I'm employed!! And I had my choice of two jobs. Gotta love a company that lets you walk around with your ipod. The deciding factor was the health care plan. I'll get to go back to my old doctor who I haven't seen since I had to let my Cobra go.

Can't wait for the news... all the news like album drop date, tour, promotion and of course the special. whoo hooo