#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

No news, huh? *sigh* It will "come" soon. (What with all of you talking about releases and such...)

kf, yes, we use Scantron. Somehow a few years ago, the library inherited the one machine, and the staff had to run tests for faculty. This past year, we bought a new machine, with new software, and then also found two more machines, so that all three campus libraries have the ability to do this for the faculty. IMO, the faculty should do it themselves, but that ain't gonna happen. Also, new software came along -- much more complicated, and the reports that are generated don't make the faculty happy either. And I'm the person who seems to be in charge of it all. It drives me nuts.

kf, that love story you brought is great!

00lsee!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!! Miss you girl!

From the CH:

A Decca press release for `The Canadian Tenors linked to this

This clip includes still shots of `legendary artists` with whom the Tenors have `shared a stage`: David Foster, Andrea Bocelli. Sting, Sheryl Crow. Sarah McLaughlin, Alicia Keys, Donny Osmond and ... Clay.

2 Screen caps of the photo with Clay:

Cap 1: Clay Close-Up

Cap 2: Wide shot

Plus my Kids site summary with pics of the artists mentioned above.

And if someone could post the pictures, I'd be happy! I'm too tired!

thanks guys for all the congrats... and my embarassment of riches continues. Had another job offer today -- part time only but still. I find it hysterical. So glad Clay was gracious enough to hold off his news so I could bask in the love :cryingwlaughter:

A member of the houston posse is coming for a short visit and my house is a MESS. She may have to see the real me this time :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Am I the only one who feels, below the surface quiet, a burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees?

Yeah! Thread title?

That sounds quite poetic jmh. Maybe some of that passionate love letter that kf posted rubbed off on you?

Thanks for that kf - beautiful.

:GM_FCA:

16 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention! :yahoo:

29 Days until The Magical Mystery Date!:yahoo:

38 Days until The First Day of Spring!:glasses:

4 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

These Tweeters are responding to "Stuntcasting" in the theater:

tsarchiebitch @BroadwaySpotted best stunt: fantasia in color purple, robin givens in chicago, clay aiken in spamalot... Worst: taylor hicks in grease.

sassygirl14 @BroadwaySpotted Not sure this was stunt casting per se, but Denzel Washington in Julius Caesar was awful. OTOH Clay Aiken was v. good

:GE_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog is celebrating the Valentine traditions of Clay and Jimmy Kimmel. Montages by Yollie950 and SmartyPantsSuz, as well as graphics by A Beautiful Mind, Sally, AmazingCA, and cindilu2 are featured.

SPS_1a.jpg

Grid from 'My Favorite Things 2007' montage by SmartyPantsSuz

Hope you enjoy. I also hope to add a BULLETIN ... SOON! :snoopy:

Have an awesome evening, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

I am feeling horrible, miserable, sore throat, head stuffed up, nose dripping and we still haven't heard anything about the 12th.

I took the plunge and booked the shuttle to Seattle, overnite hotel,plane tickets for the next day and I still won't get in until after 700pm but I will be there for whatever it is that's happening.

I desperately need to be cheered up.

Clay must be feeling really PO'd by now...he promised his fans news 3 days ago and has had to watch us getting more and more restless as the days go by.

Sorry lotus, colds suck. Drink lots of fluids. I hope we have another get together for the March 12 whatever it is occasion in Raleigh.

Love, love Fridays. No work and no volunteering. :snoopy: I'll head off to the gym and plan lunch with son #2. I hope everyone enjoys the day. Can't wait to crash ticketmaster again, so I'll check in periodically.

claylove :yahoo: for getting the time off.

I've got this feeling, that today is the day. Any America fans here? Hee. Happy Olympics everyone! GO CANADA!

We have kind of touched on having another brunch after the big March 12th event. Once we get details from Clay/Team Clay (today, today, today *fingers crossed*), hopefully we can continue on with those plans!

{{{Lotus}}}

:GM_FCA:

15 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention!:yahoo:

28 Days until The Magical Mystery Date!

:yahoo:

37 Days until The First Day of Spring!:glasses:

4 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay addresses the Key Club Convention in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I am feeling horrible, miserable, sore throat, head stuffed up, nose dripping and we still haven't heard anything about the 12th.

I took the plunge and booked the shuttle to Seattle, overnite hotel,plane tickets for the next day and I still won't get in until after 700pm but I will be there for whatever it is that's happening.

I desperately need to be cheered up.

Clay must be feeling really PO'd by now...he promised his fans news 3 days ago and has had to watch us getting more and more restless as the days go by.

Hope you can get some rest this weekend. I've been battling a sinus infection myself for the last 3 weeks. Lots of people getting sick this year. In addition to liquids, the cool mist humidifier has really been helping me to sleep. Feel better :-)

Glad you will be able to make it for the 12th!!