#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Yay...so finally we get the news. I love the name of the album. I hope they advertise it a lot in Raleigh so that it sells out. Good luck with tickets to everyone who is going. Do we know how much tickets will be? It was nice to see that announcement in my email.

I was going to try to talk my self into going ..I didn't realize it was a Friday though. Oh well, I'm still excited even though I won't be there. tour tour tour tour tour tour... I'll keep repeating that.

I was actually thinking about the black and white picture used in the header of the e-mail when I was listening to Clay sing on the cellstream from GFI earlier this month.

Via CV, a scan of the 2005 TV Guide cover that originally used the tux picture:

2005tvguidecoverbwqy7.jpg

From the photoshoot for the cover:

tvguidephotoshoot.jpg

First, congratulations Couchie on your new job, and lets hope there will be lots of touring this summer for you to spend your money on.

Second, I am so freaking excited because I'm gonna be able to go to this. I hope I'll be able to get decent tickets. Who else from FCA will be going?

Clayzy, hope you are feeling better...and are you safe? Check in if you can...

Hey, you probably know by now, but yeah, I'm safe. It's been a pretty shitty day, though.

:whee: I'm super excited for all who are going! :twinklewhore:

I hope the PBS special and CD are very successful for my bf because he soooo deserves it! It's good to see Mary Brennan's name again too :)

On another note - Has anyone seen Scarlett posting anywhere? I haven't seen her on the boards for awhile now, with the exception of her trying to make it to the GFI event.

Oh thanks for posting the TG Guide pics, bottlecap!!! :flirtysmile3: He looks so young there.

:whee: I'm super excited for all who are going! :twinklewhore:

I hope this is a super successful event and CD for my bf because he soooo deserves it! It's good to see Mary Brennan's name again too :)

On another note - Has anyone seen Scarlett posting anywhere? I haven't seen her on the boards for awhile now, with the exception of her trying to make it to the GFI event.

Oh thanks for posting the TG Guide pics, bottlecap!!! :flirtysmile3: He looks so young there.

I was wondering about Scarlett too.

Hee- I think somebody better check on goldarngirl. I'm betting her head just exploded. :wub:

(not to be cryptic - her fave just appeared on the opening ceremonies)

Yeah FromClaygary told me but I didn't see it (I am just about to head to bed, so we can be home tomorrow). (I guess I will just have to be happy with seeing him in person in April)

Does anyone know what he sang? I think FromClaygary headed back down to watch him.

Hee- I think somebody better check on goldarngirl. I'm betting her head just exploded. :wub:

Yeah FromClaygary told me but I didn't see it (I am just about to head to bed, so we can be home tomorrow). (I guess I will just have to be happy with seeing him in person in April)

Does anyone know what he sang? I think FromClaygary headed back down to watch him.

I think it's called C'est Beau? (une peut plus haut, une peut plus loin) ETA: He sang it in French (d101) Translation: It's Beautiful (a little higher, a little further)

I think it's called C'est Beau? (une peut plus haut, une peut plus loin)

OMG nooooooo (that's the Celine Dion, Ginette Reno duet that I bugged everyone with a few months back) (sob)

who appeared at the opening ceremonies?

ok I just saw it was garou.

I don't know of one single Canadian who received the e-mail. Bummer!

However, the opening ceremonies of the Olympics sure did us proud. K.D. Lang....WOW!! Does anyone else find it ironic that "Halelujah" is the song everyone wants Clay to sing??

:nature-smiley-014: *waves* I am so excited to see everyone March 12 weekend! And Claylove's coming for a visit. :party045: Whoever is handling the FCA breakfast, if you need some help let me know. I would be happy to make some calls...or help in any way I can.

Good luck with tickets everyone! Historically Progressive is not the best place for purchasing accessible seating, so I will have to make some calls. Meymandi, one of the other Progressive venues, where the 04 Christmas shows were held, doesn't use ticketmaster at all for accessible seats. You must deal directly with the Box Office, and for that show, they decided at the last minute (morning tickets went on sale) NOT to sell them by phone, either. For over an hour that morning they refused to even answer their phones. After tickets were sold out they told us that the "decision" regarding accessible seating had been announced at their morning meeting. Most of us who needed accessible tickets were shut out completely-or ended up driving to Atlanta to see the show. Memorial is showing a Ticketmaster order form for accessible, but who knows if they will be available for the presale. Rather than ending up with no seat, I think I may hedge my bets and try to purchase a regular seat, too. I just hope I don't end up with a regular seat in the middle of the aisle. Would not be such a good thing. :Tour4:

:sorry: So sorry, I haven't been posting. I have been around, reading, trying to keep up with everyone, but I've been struggling with viruses & infections. At best, recovering from WFI always takes awhile for me. Being exposed to the public so much, along with the exhaustion, usually ensures that January is sort of a blur for me, however, this year has been especially ROUGH. But I'm still here-in case anyone was wondering. :BlowKiss: And I think I am finally getting past all of the crud. Geez, I still owe our group a WFI wrapup. Fear and everyone else, it's coming soon. Really.

Couchie, congrats on the new job! Fantastic news! {{{Clayzy}}}

:thewave: :thewave:

georgiesmybaby and clazy hope you both get to feeling better. It hasn't been a good winter for illnesses.

georgie, don't worry, I figured we did pretty good considering fewer days this year. I, also, still have my wreath on the door as it looks so good against our newly painted door. I suppose I could put bunnies on it for Easter, but first a shamrock for St Pat's day.