#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Seriously - yesterday I wasn't going to go to Raleigh. Somehow today, I ended up with a ticket to the taping along hotel and flight reservations with my travel buddy laughn. How the hell did that happen? :hahaha:

Behold the Allure of Aiken.... :thsign27:

Seriously - yesterday I wasn't going to go to Raleigh. Somehow today, I ended up with a ticket to the taping along hotel and flight reservations with my travel buddy laughn. How the hell did that happen? :hahaha:

Behold the Allure of Aiken.... :thsign27:

Rule #1 of the Clay Nation: Resistance is Futile!

(also rules # 2 thru 10 :hahaha: )

Clay answered a few more questions in the "Questions for Clay about the Special" thread...he is really serious about "no recording"..

Kim

Just got home . There was no way I could get on line. We were way too busy today. Playbiller picked up some tickets for us. Not perfect but hey, I'm just happy to be going there. For those waiting for the public sale. Good luck. I'd love VIP tickets but it's not in the cards.

We just spent $750. on electrical work. They found wires in our attic which were scorched and the insulation falling off. After our neighbors just had a fire we were very concerned about our house which was built at the same time. They also replaced several fixtures with new ones which is what we had them come to do.

I hope everyone gets excited again. We are going to see Clay sing again in concert. :04:

Congrats to everyone who got tickets! And hugs to you all too for the ticket buying angst you had to deal with... I'm jealous as hell (of the ticket getting/trip taking, not the ticket buying angst!) but going isn't in the cards for me this time. So I'll be waiting on the 12th (in case we hear anything about the dress rehearsal - won't hold my breath on this but you never know) and the 13th for reports after it's over. Or maybe I mean the 11th and 12th - I'm easily confused!

Not feeling too bad about not going cuz I know at least I'll get to see it some way "soon".... heh. If my local PBS station doesn't carry it, I'm hopeful that there will be some way to order a DVD from some other city's PBS station. If my city isn't smart enough to carry it, you bet I'll help some other station stay on the air!! :cryingwlaughter:

Loving Clay's sense of humor over at the OFC... he's quite the smart ass and I mean that in a totally loving way! Besides, I like that kind of humor... And it's definitely nice to see him answering the questions and dealing with concerns. He's a keeper! :wub:

Oh, and YAY! to finding the "lost" files! :04:

You know sometimes things work out as they are supposed to.

I cannot go to Raleigh on the 12th because of work. Well yesterday at Noon I put my house on the market and today I had a full price offer and they want to close on guess when? Yep March 12th.

So no more fretting for me. I have a LOT to do in the next three weeks! OMG What have I just done?

Congratulations merrieeee! And good luck finding new digs before your REAL new digs happen!

I was extremely busy all day so I missed all the stress and angst. But I am glad everyone seems to have gotten tickets (and I'm jealous of bottlecap!).

I figure I'll rent a corporate place until it's ready. I honestly didn't think it would sell this fast but there were only 5 houses for sale in this area in the price range so i'm not too surprised.

Congrats to everyone who got tickets! And hugs to you all too for the ticket buying angst you had to deal with... I'm jealous as hell (of the ticket getting/trip taking, not the ticket buying angst!) but going isn't in the cards for me this time.

I'll join you in the congratulatory hugs for all those attending, spikesmom! :04: Not in the cards for me either. :(

I'm just back to work this week, after being off for two weeks (with a few other days thrown in here & there since the holidays) with a sinus/bronchitis combo that developed into pneumonia. Fun. NOT. Since my wonderful workplace combines our sick & vacation time into one pool, I'm out of any time until mid-April. Please, if anyone comes down with any kind of upper respiratory crud, SEE A DOCTOR!!! [/end :onsoapbox: ]

I hope the special & the new album are great successes for Clay! :clap:

Congratulations all you new ticketholders. If you got a so-so ticket, remember there's still a chance for rows A-E, even though you'd have to watch him without binoculars. And there's less than four weeks to wait. After I bought my first Clay Aiken ticket, I had to wait four months to see him. I've fully accepted that I can't go, there's no wiggle room at all, and yet I feel so naked without a ticket. I almost want to buy one just to hold it in my hand. How pitiful is that?

merrieeee, you bought a new house over the weekend and you've already sold your house after being on the market one day? Wow, girl, that's getting it done -- and I'm so happy for you. Although I'm not surprised your house was scooped up in a day as it's such a lovely place. No doubt the new one will also exhibit your charm and magic touches as well. A March 12th closing is some kind of synchronized c-r-a-z-y timing. Breathe deep. Again. Once more. All right!

Wow you are a fast mover Merieeee. Maybe when you have done packing your house up you might feel like a little holiday at my place, you know packing up my overstuffed abode ... err ...enjoying the scenery and crazy hot/humid stormy weather..yeah thats right!

Wish I was booking tickets instead.......

Have not been here for a few days because my bookmark link does not work. I finally googled and used a forum link I found. This does not give me the front information page. Can you tell me is there a new link since we made changes. I would sometimes use the web link for reading a few other message boards.

Congrats to all who got tickets. Wish I could go.

:GM_FCA:

10 Days until Clay speaks at the HRC Convention!

:yahoo:

23 Days until The Tried and True Special is taped!:yahoo:

32 Days until The First Day of Spring!:glasses:

4 months until June and The New CD/PBS Special! :04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The actual link for this messageboard:

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/index.php?

couchie and I were talking about this the other day, wondering if we could get a more "visitor friendly" URL that could be just typed in. We'll keep you posted on that.

The actual link for this messageboard:

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/index.php?

couchie and I were talking about this the other day, wondering if we could get a more "visitor friendly" URL that could be just typed in. We'll keep you posted on that.

Maybe a group email to update the membership?

You know, as hateful as the Ticketbastard debacle was yesterday, it was pretty dang wonderful to be buying tickets for a Clay Aiken event again.