#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Have not been here for a few days because my bookmark link does not work. I finally googled and used a forum link I found. This does not give me the front information page. Can you tell me is there a new link since we made changes. I would sometimes use the web link for reading a few other message boards.

Hey! The main page is down for awhile, due to the loss of our server. Here's couchie's post:

For anybody that normally uses FCA main - it's gone. I guess Ansa's husband forgot we were there and let his service go last month. Just keep your fingers crossed that PerusingOne grabbed all of the files. We were in the process of moving it anyway but wasn't planning to have it ready until April. We'll try to move it up but with my schedule ... I'm just not sure if it can be back before our originally planned date.

Luckiest1, :bdayparty2::pushingcake::bdayparty2:

kf, I'll let you touch my ticket. Of course, the first hit is free...you already know that's how we lure you in!

merrieeee, new car, new house - I've just about decided to abandon my life of work and live with you - and let you work. couchie will help, I'm sure.

No more upper respiratory tract infections for anyone. So it is written, so it shall be done!

I was so freakin' out of practice with Ticketbastard - since when did they start using numbers with freakin' decimal points!?!?!??!

kf, I'll let you touch my ticket. Of course, the first hit is free...you already know that's how we lure you in!

Yeah, yeah, and you never come down from that first hit! (or so they say ..... ) But KA, I want to hold it a long time!! (I know, I know, but what about the ticket?)

(((Annabear))) I so feel your pain about the upper respiratory thing. I am on my second round of antibiotics trying to get rid of a really bad sinus infection. I have been fighting this for about five weeks now. I went to the dr. on Monday and she took me out of work for Tuesday and Wednesday to rest and I am supposed to go back to work tomorrow. That should be interesting seeing as how I literally have no voice today! I *think* I am a little bit better though. georgiesmybaby had just asked me yesterday if I knew if you were okay because we hadn't seen you post much lately. I had no idea you were so sick, but glad you are on the mend. I am also sad though that you won't be at the PBS concert taping. You will be missed!

:elephanthugs:

Happy Birthday Luckiest1! :confetti2:

birthdaycake2.gifHappy Birthday, luckiest1!

Congrats on the prompt house sale, merrieeee! That's amazing in this economy. :whee:

Feel better, Annabear. :friends:

The actual link for this messageboard:

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/index.php?

couchie and I were talking about this the other day, wondering if we could get a more "visitor friendly" URL that could be just typed in. We'll keep you posted on that.

Maybe a group email to update the membership?

You know, as hateful as the Ticketbastard debacle was yesterday, it was pretty dang wonderful to be buying tickets for a Clay Aiken event again.

I have noticed FCA's site disappearance discussed on other boards.

I agree -- it's great to have fans buying tickets to a CA event again. :snoopy:

Have an awesome day, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Click to stream Clay Aiken at MySpace

1HBHappyBirthdayGif.gif

LUCKIEST1

I love his reply about the clothing....you can wear your Clay undies! Woohoo!!!

He makes me laugh so much. Love him.

Remember all the thinking when those came out, that he was embarrassed about them and someone must have "forced him into it"??
:cryingwlaughter:

He obviously is STILL tickled pink at the thought of them!! :hysterical:

Is anyone interested in a Saturday brunch get-together in Raleigh? If so, I'll contact Tir na nog and see if they can do it......??

You know sometimes things work out as they are supposed to.

I cannot go to Raleigh on the 12th because of work. Well yesterday at Noon I put my house on the market and today I had a full price offer and they want to close on guess when? Yep March 12th.

So no more fretting for me. I have a LOT to do in the next three weeks! OMG What have I just done?

merrieeee.... WOW!!! That's great, but... I'm sure you'll find a temp place till you new house is ready. Is it bigger or smaller?

Bummer, annabear. So glad you are better now, but missing the event? :cry4:

annabear... :yeahthat:

Luckiest..., :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

ldyj... Have you published the direct link on CB and CV? That might be a good idea so everyone doesn't think we've all quit being fans after that TicketMonster mess yesterday... LOL

merrieeee.... WOW!!! That's great, but... I'm sure you'll find a temp place till you new house is ready. Is it bigger or smaller?

The house is 2400 sq ft which is 250 smaller than my old one but the configuration is different. Everything is downstairs except for a media room up.

I am excited because it is NEW and I don't have to fix anything.

We are going to put a spa in so I won't even miss my pool.

I found an apt today, scheduled the movers, talked to the furniture rental place, the inspection is set for Friday so I am movin' on down the road.

It has been a little stressful the last few months, with a lot of things, but today I feel a weight has lifted and i'm ready to go!

:04: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCKIEST!

liney, I hardly go to CV or CB, so if someone wants to volunteer and post a direct link to our board, that would be great. I've just talked to couchie too, and we'll be sending out that mass email later this evening. (Thanks for the idea cindilu!)

Is it the weekend yet?

Is anyone interested in a Saturday brunch get-together in Raleigh? If so, I'll contact Tir na nog and see if they can do it......??

I know I am.....I think there are others in the thread with the representing list too.

Last October I had the pleasure of enjoying that excellent brunch and found it good value also. Put me down as one who would love to attend.

I sent an email out to all of of our members who haven't opted out of the receive admin email thing about the status of FCA.

Happy Birthday Luckiest. Hope you had a great great day.

I love seeing the excitement. Wish I was there with you but I have the show to look forward to. I don't even want clack. The reports will be enough. I just feel like it's such a great opportunity for Clay that I would hate to see clack all over you tube months before the airing.

If he does any touring or has any other live shows I will so be there. I'm going to start my savings account right now. So happy to be working LOL.

:garfieldodie-grouphug:

for annabear! So sorry to read that you were off work for two weeks and developed pneumonia. I've found I have to take antibiotics almost as a precaution when it seems I'm coming down with something. Glad to read that you are on the mend!

Happy Birthday luckiest1!!!

I know I am.....I think there are others in the thread with the representing list too.

Sure! I'll check with allclaylong and justclay and scarlett but I'm sure they'll be in.

Got a ticket. Still gonna see if I can do better on the public sale but at least I'm in the building. :whew:

Next problem....

I need a room for the night of the 11th!!!

I booked at the Marriott way back when "just in case" when I was hemming and hawing about going and I just discovered that because I was thinking of going down early "day of" before I realized flights wouldn't work, I only booked the Marriott for the 12th and 13th.

Scarlett's buddying up with me for the 12th & 13th but we need something for the 11th.

If anybody has double-booked "just in case" and you're planning on cancelling something, please let me or Scarlett know.

ETA: Scarlett's in for brunch.

Have a GREAT BIG WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY, LUCKIEST1!!

:04: :04: :04: :04: :04: :04:

must tack my wishes onto this list!! :happybirthday01:LUCKY!

I came here because I got the message that FCA was deleted! What a bother!! Thanks for the email with the link, couchie!

Things in the RL have been crazy - what with the holidays, various family members wafting in and out, and then the blizzard. We are still dealing with the snow.

Even tho I carved a place to get my van out of the garage, it is almost impossible to get it back in again, I did it yesterday in reverse, and then it took me 10 mins to get turned around and out of the driveway today! And the snow is just too hard for me to shovel any more.

This is totally OT but tonight I and a bunch of bunco ladies went downtown to see the touring company do Grease. Taylor Hicks played the Teen Angel. Ace Young was supposed to be Danny, but he was absent for some reason. If they expected TH to be a draw they were wrong! The National Theatre wasn't full at all! In fact, we were supposed to go last Tuesday but couldn't because of the snow. DC was virtually shut down, and even tho the show went on, we could not get out to get there! Plus, parking was very limited until yesterday when they spent all night clearing lanes on city streets that were totally mounded up with snow. The Feds were closed for 4 days! That has never happened before!

th_0217102203.jpg

Back to Grease, I would have liked to see Ace play Danny, but he is not being promoted at all - TH is being billed as the big star. He did a song at the end of the show from his new album, and had ushers hawking it when we left the theatre. He was in the lobby signing autographs and posing for pictures. But we didn't stop. Taylor was good as Teen Angel, but anyone who has seen the show knows it's only one song in the whole play! Anyhow just wanted to vent a little, I'll stop rambling now!!

I'll be in Raleigh on the 12th! :) Any speculation of Clay's "Special Guests?" Ruben perhaps!??

And I heard TITN in the grocery store a couple weeks ago! (before the blizzard)

:party038:

eta: I have lots of clack if you need any replacements!