#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Did Clay say which songs are on the album? Besides MTK

He said he was going to sing some songs from the new album with only a piano. I hope to God Almighty that That's Impossible is on there. I'm beside myself for that one. His voice was everything. And when he sings ....

Can I hold you closer to me and not feel you goin' through me?

Split the second that I never think of you? Oh how impossible.

Can I stand it?

I don't drink or smoke but after tonight I need both! OMG he sang beautifully especially Moon River! GAh!

He looked good...loved the short hair and Reed didn't look bad either!

So fill us in on the chicken and mashed potatoes story.

Plus detailed clothes and shoes reports.

How was Jerome? I don't think we've seen him since the end of Spam, have we?

How was Jerome. I don't think we've seen himsince the end of Spam, have we?

I rode on a plane with him from Atlanta to NC for the Gala in October. But I want to know how he's doing too.

Not to mention more about Reed.

And Clay.

*sigh*

Somehow stories get exaggerated. Reed was standing next to me getting Prime Rib and he handed me the ladle for the gravy.! That was all! Perusing one talked to him about the Chicken.

Jerome looked good. He left the room and one point and Clay got skeered! He said he needed him or he might get attacked!

I think Clay had on the linen jacket that he wore in Houston, pink shirt & jeans. Reed lavender shirt light grey...tight...pants! The guy has no rear end!

CV Cellcert: Saying Reed was mesmerized watching "the man on the stool." Oh my my my my.

Oh oh oh, I can add something!!!

Instead of the cellcerter (hippoga) saying Reed was mesmerized, she called him "the curly-headed one" was mesmerized watching th man on the stool! It was such a beautiful sentiment!!! :wub::wub:

Unfortunately Scarlett didn't make it for the songs. She was texting or talking with CF while she was on her way but it was while Clay was singing. Although I'm sad that I couldn't be there, I feel really bad for her being so close and then not making it.

deborah's audio is up at CH and it's really good. Can't wait until we get more clack.

No kf I wasn't that close and even if i was I wouldn't have looked. I'm pure I'll have you know!

Remember I know you, okay?

For instance, you love him in glasses. But I know WHY!

Hmmmmm - more to this story than meets the eye - do tell!

Ever have one of those mornings when you wake up and remember something great happened the night before and you just want to relive it and not get up?

Yep that's me this morning but unfortunatley i have to catch a plane!

I LOVE CLAY AIKEN!!!!

I have to admit that some of the songs that Clay has told us about from the new album are not ones I am very familiar with. So I did a bit of research to see when they were written, and who originally recorded them.

What Kind Of Fool Am I? - 1962, recorded by Anthony Newley, Toni Bennett, Sammy Davis Jr, Shirley Bassey

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - 1967 Frankie Valli (this one I know!)

It's Impossible - originally Somos Novios written by Armando Manzanero Canché in the 50s or 60s, translated into English and recorded in 1970 by Perry Como, also covered by Elvis Presley, Andrea Bocelli & Christina Aguilera

Mack The Knife - originally Die Moritat von Mackie Messer, written in 1928, translated into English in 1954, recorded by Louis Armstrong (1956) and Bobby Darin (1959)

Moon River - written in 1961, sung by Audrey Hepburn in the movie Breakfast At Tiffany's, covered by Andy Williams

Loving the audio clack so far, but my fingers are crossed for some video by the time I get home from work tonight! Hope goldarngirl and FromClaygary check in soon!

I have to admit that some of the songs that Clay has told us about from the new album are not ones I am very familiar with. So I did a bit of research to see when they were written, and who originally recorded them.

What Kind Of Fool Am I? - 1962, recorded by Anthony Newley, Toni Bennett, Sammy Davis Jr, Shirley Bassey

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - 1967 Frankie Valli (this one I know!)

It's Impossible - originally Somos Novios written by Armando Manzanero Canché in the 50s or 60s, translated into English and recorded in 1970 by Perry Como, also covered by Elvis Presley, Andrea Bocelli & Christina Aguilera

Mack The Knife - originally Die Moritat von Mackie Messer, written in 1928, translated into English in 1954, recorded by Louis Armstrong (1956) and Bobby Darin (1959)

Moon River - written in 1961, sung by Audrey Hepburn in the movie Breakfast At Tiffany's, covered by Andy Williams

Loving the audio clack so far, but my fingers are crossed for some video by the time I get home from work tonight! Hope goldarngirl and FromClaygary check in soon!

Checking in. You know of course I am not the recap queen that happens to be you and FromClaygary, so I will leave that to you. I understand we have a new member or will have (as of last night) MBlovesClay welcome. There is clack (both MB and I) not the best BUT clack nonetheless. We are heading to the other coast this morning so it won't be until later on that it will be ul, but hopefully we will get some of it up tonight.

I'm one of those people who has NEVER seen this movie. I've never been a romantic comedy afficionado. It was showing on TCM only a few days ago and I decided to watch it for the first time, and then my daughter called and kept me on the phone laughing for over an hour, so that was that.

However, I well remember hearing Moon River on the radio about a thousand times in the 60's and the big hit radio single was by Henry Mancini, with a big chorus and strings and reeds. I never liked it much then because my mother sang it in the car for a couple of years. Somehow in my mind I have it intertwined with Walter Brennan's Old Rivers (I challenge someone to remember THAT :cryingwlaughter:), and Pat Boone's Moody River (please wipe that from my mind, Sweet Jesus), because my mother was apparently drawn to river songs. The only river song that grabbed me and made me weep was Old Man River, the William Warfield version.

Another song my mother sang back when that is etched in the grooves of my memories was He's Got The Whole World In His Hands, which I've considered as a possibility for a 50's-60's album. It sounds like a Clay song to me.

Anyway, I love hearing Clay sing Moon River NOW. It has a fresh meaning for me -- the story of Clay and Reed, two drifters off to experience the whole wide world in pursuit of the same rainbow's end, together. Sigh.

:GM_FCA:

I am so enjoying the GFI clack along with everyone in the Clay Nation! Leslie Streeter's interview of Clay inspired me to get off my duff and put together a Carolina On My Mind blog Monday. (Snowed in with no students, so eh?!?) Last night I added Sendspace downloads of the mp3's, which are being used by fans all around the globe. :)

Great info about the songs, luckiest1! :04:

Caro... wanted to tell you I spent a verra verra niiiiice hour playing on your blog last night. The SueRue montages of Clay's career were awesome. Thanks for doing this. I'll try to leave a comment next time I get back there so my visit counts more for your blog and for Clay!

Thnx, liney23. Glad you enjoyed your time there! SueReu's Retro montages are amazing. :)

My friend Sally applied a "quick fix" to the photo of Clay and Reed that you may enjoy. Here are two versions:

Sally_GFI2010_1.jpg

Sally_GFI2010_2.jpg

Have a great day, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

Anyway, I love hearing Clay sing Moon River NOW. It has a fresh meaning for me -- the story of Clay and Reed, two drifters off to experience the whole wide world in pursuit of the same rainbow's end, together. Sigh.

Exactly! I know nothing, but I like to think that maybe it's their song. Hee, hopeless romantic much?

Good Morning Everyone,

Well last night was just not good...was able to read a few of the cellcert pages in between sharing the computer with my daughter whose laptop is not working...CV pages were turning very slow for me. Could not get in the cellstream so did not hear Clay sing live...don't even know what songs he sang... a list would be appreciated. So about the time my daughter got off the computer and I figured I could spend some time catching up...listening to some songs...my mouse decided to crap out on me! Of all nights! To say I was pissed is an understatement!

So vcted this morning...election day here in Illinois...stopped and bought a new mouse...hopefully by tonight I will be able to download some songs. Can't download anything here at work...so I am clackless and going through some major withdrawal.

I'll get back to the countdown tomorrow...right now I am having a bit of a pity party for myself. Glad to hear he was in fine voice and I love the pictures I have seen.

Kim

Bringing this forward from the last page for aikim.

Here's the song list from CV via CB:

1. What Kind of Fool Am I?

2. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

3. They Can't Take That Away From Me

4. Lover All Alone

5. I Will Be Here (a capella)

6. Sacrificial Love

7. It's Impossible

8. Moon River

*waves to goldarngirl*

4. Lover All Alone

6. Sacrificial Love

7. It's Impossible

8. Moon River

*waves to goldarngirl*

Thank you!

Kim

4. Lover All Alone

6. Sacrificial Love

7. It's Impossible

8. Moon River

*waves to goldarngirl*

Thank you!

Kim

I posted it at CV for you too, Kim.

ETA, Oops, I see you noticed!! LOL!

Ain't free wi-fi at the airport grand?

Anyone else notice that when talking about the CD he said "I did say "it" didn't I"? It made me wonder if there is more than one and he wanted to make sure he didn't say they.

Wishful thinking?