#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

Cleveland? In freakin’ February? Clay’s bookers know that Cleveland’s smack in the middle of the Great Lakes snowbelt, right? At least it’s on a Saturday and it actually is on my birthday, so HA HA to luckiest1! Clay lurves me more than you!

Hey, not until we know the whole schedule he doesn't! For all we know, he could be coming to my home town that day. wink.giftongue.gif

So apparently In My Life is not on the TnT DVD? But it was shown on the Chicago station? Hmmmm, maybe I'd better invest in a DVR before Sunday...I still can't believe there is (apparently) no video of the medley that Clay, Ruben & Quiana did that night either.

Yes, it was shown in Chicago...I have it on my videotape.

Kim

Do we know if the pledge dvd & the Amazon dvd are the same? Just wondering if In My Life is on one but not the other? My Amazon just shipped & waiting for my local airing to pledge for the dvd so I don't know if they are the same or not.

According to what I have read at CV...it is not on either one. I posted that if someone would like to try and get the video from my tape, I would be happy to mail it to that person..so far no takers. Not even sure it can be done. One of these days we will get in the 21st century and get a DVR, LOL!

Kim

Maybe we should hold back on the DVDs of the broadcast until the program has aired for the first time on most PBS stations? I think that's the main reason we haven't seen a Chicago version posted yet. JMO. But aikim, I envy you having that tape!!

But, my DVD from Amazon has shipped. :04:

Lookie what I found in my photobucket...

kandrebday.gif

I'm going to steal this because it is beautiful and so appropriate!!

:pushingcake:KAndre! Love your recaps!

Oh, I wasn't gonna immediately post anything. I was just gonna work on it. Perfection taking time and all that ;-)

I know--I was thinking more of aikim's tape and why she'd had no offers yet. I suspect there are DVD versions already available to a select few, and I'm all for that. It's more special to wait. Really. It is. :cryingwlaughter:

If they are showing the same edited version of the PBS Special across the country that they showed in Chicago...then I am sure others will be able to get "In My Life" without the hassle of converting VHS to DVD...probably best to wait until after the Special airs.

Kim

I know.....and they aren't even doing it on tour. :cry: Maybe there's a TV show in the works?? [/totally wishful thinking]

Not sure if this true, but I heard that the show is being videotaped by someone on TC? Someone at Ashville saw videotaping going on...not sure if this is all shows or if maybe they are taping it so they can re-watch and make changes...but it would be cool if they were taping to show around to TV executives.

Kim

Oh, I would love to see a tv show with Ruben and Clay. I loved those old variety shows and watched pretty much all of them. Carol Burnett, Sonny and Cher, the Smothers Brothers, even Tony Orlando and Dawn. It's about time those kind of shows come back, because I got to tell you, I hate all of those reality shows that are on now. Sorry to any of you who like them but they definitely aren't for me.

And KF, I think that whole bit with the Ruben and Clay 60's is just shtick because we've heard Clay sing some of those songs that Ruben is singing this tour. And Oh Girl was something that Clay sang before AI.

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. Just got home a little while ago from Asheville and Bryson City. It was fun spending time with aikim and Mr. aikim. I'm looking forward to my concerts without Mr. Fear, who requires just too much attention when I need to be watching Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

Happy Birthday Kandre

:thewave: :hb2: :pushingcake: :748: :party20:

luckiest, I know what you mean about the putdowns of JNT05. I liked it. But then I'm just not cool and don't want to be.

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. Just got home a little while ago from Asheville and Bryson City. It was fun spending time with aikim and Mr. aikim. I'm looking forward to my concerts without Mr. Fear, who requires just too much attention when I need to be watching Clay. :cryingwlaughter:

Happy Birthday Kandre

:thewave: :hb2: :pushingcake: :748: :party20:

luckiest, I know what you mean about the putdowns of JNT05. I liked it. But then I'm just not cool and don't want to be.

Glad you made it home! I have been catching up on clack...I Believe We Can is adorable!

Kim

And KF, I think that whole bit with the Ruben and Clay 60's is just shtick

I think you've got it! Did you think I was really criticizing Clay? Okay so nobody ever gets me. It's okay, I'm used to it. I carry on regardless.

Wah, nobody gets me. :crying1:

And KF, I think that whole bit with the Ruben and Clay 60's is just shtick

I think you've got it! Did you think I was really criticizing Clay? Okay so nobody ever gets me. It's okay, I'm used to it. I carry on regardless.

I get you, I get you!! :friends:

Is that what the Christmas of Death comment referred to? Because I was thinking it was the Christmas 2007 tour when people shared their sad stories.

I get you, I get you!! :friends:

Oh dumbass me, JMH! I know we've come from the same places. In fact, I'm pretty sure we've met .... somewhere back on the astral plane.

I get you! lipstick.gif

Sometimes.

Yeah, the Christmas 2007 tour is commonly called the "death" tour by others. Me? In sadness, there is hope. That's my motto, and I'm sticking to it. Besides, it helped that cute singer man was there to help!

I get you! lipstick.gif

Sometimes.

Yeah, the Christmas 2007 tour is commonly called the "death" tour by others. Me? In sadness, there is hope. That's my motto, and I'm sticking to it. Besides, it helped that cute singer man was there to help!

Frankly I find that to be totally disrespectful to Clay and the people who own those stories...most people are not us and see multiple shows or watch endless clack so probably wouldn't have the same reaction.

I was equally offended to read some posts with regards to this tour and Ruben...just so uncalled for.

Kim

Hi honeys I'm home!

OMG I am watching the DVD. It is gorgeous! I'm having a hard time believing that I am finally watching a professional DVD! He looks so good and sounds great. I have tears welling up thinking how much this must mean to him.

The boy done good

Hi honeys I'm home!

OMG I am watching the DVD. It is gorgeous! I'm having a hard time believing that I am finally watching a professional DVD! He looks so good and sounds great. I have tears welling up thinking how much this must mean to him.

The boy done good

I'm dying here. I have not one, but two copies of the DVD out there in the world somewhere on their way to Canada (one from amazon, one from WTTV) and I want it NOW, damnit! *stomps feet*

I really am thrilled that it's finally here - and glad to know that they've captured some of the magic that was the taping in Raleigh. YAY!