#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

:GM_FCA:

Oh my...what lovely pictures to wake up to! Dear Clay..please keep that look for the tour..please!

Weather forecast for us..could get up to two feet of snow Tuesday into Wednesday. Yikes!

7 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

:yahoo:

10 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

YUMMY!

NHL_NO5.jpg

Just posting this again, because it is F.I.N.E.

aikim, we're getting the same kind of forecast. Husband and I trying to predict if we'll get off work early Tuesday, and then off totally on Wednesday or not. Colleges usually only get one or two snow days a year --- and this could be it. On the other hand, I have a doctor's appointment Wednesday afternoon. Sigh.

ldyj I have been thinking the same thing, but our Library Director is notorious for waiting until the last minute to shutdown..I am hoping she will just consider closing tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday...going to be interesting that is for sure.

Kim

What time is the snow supposed to start out there? They're telling us it's going to start tomorrow evening and we're gonna get hit with about 10-15 inches of snow... I hope it doesn't move in sooner cause I have a dentist appointment in the afternoon!

According to the Weather Channel for my area (in central Illinois), it's not supposed to start until about 6:00 this evening Central time. But I've also heard earlier than that as well, so who really knows?

All I know is that I have plenty of food in my house, so as long as power stays on, I'm good for settling in for a few days.

Hope Clay doesn't have to get anywhere in the Midwest any time soon...

I say let it get all the snow out of it's system now....once the tour starts, we don't need no stinkin' snow hampering our travel plans! :P We are forecast 20 - 30 cm here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more. I figure I'll be staying home with my laptop Wednesday....

Fear, hope you had a great time in Greensboro! I spent most of the weekend watching the NBC coverage. Very surprising results in the men's event, to say the least!

I was kind of shocked that Ryan Bradley won. Unless I missed something, his artistic performance was silly and he almost fell twice. There were quite a few men before him that did a much better job:Richard Dornbush as Sherlock and Ross Minor skating to Bogart music. But I guess because he is retiring it gave him the edge. Johnny Weir was there and got a great welcome. We sat in back of Rachel Flatt and I can't believe how very tiny she is. The camera really puts on a lot of weight.

Mr Fear did great with his surgery. He'll have a cast on his leg for six weeks and have a three month recuperation period. The doctor says if it works then they will do the next knee.

Good luck with the snow. I hope we are done with it for this year.

Clay blogged this afternoon. He's asking those of us who voted our little fingers off last month to throw ONE vote to GSLEN for the Pepsi Refresh Project. They are shooting for the $250,000 prize, and groups have to be in the top 2 to get the money. GSLEN is at number 3. I voted earlier today, before he asked. *g*

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone. :hello:

I too loved Clay's performance. We are a lucky group to have him.

:wub:

I got my Vote in as soon as I read Clay's blog request. Hopefully it helps.

Thanks for the dropdeadgorgeous pics.

Thanks for the dropdeadgorgeous pics.

Speaking of which....new page, time to post this beauty again...

NHL_NO5.jpg

We now have between 10 and 20 inches of snow predicted for us, starting tomorrow. So far, most of the K-12 schools in my area have closed already for tomorrow. However, at my community college (which, of course, has 95% of it's students driving to get to classes), they won't decide until very early tomorrow morning. Suuuuuuuuucks.

:GM_FCA:

6 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB! :yahoo:

9 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

SNOW DAY! Probably the first of two. It hasn't started yet, but it's predicted to be BAD for the next few days.

As for that other thing...no worries. I let Clay deal with his career; I'm just a fan.

^^Yeah that^^, no label angst here! imgtongue.gif It's great that they've already declared a snow day for you when it hasn't even started yet. Doesn't work that way around here. I mean, we had 100 cm of snow in 3 days the last storm, so the predicted 30 cm tonight and tomorrow isn't fazing people much. I plan to work from home tomorrow if the roads are bad, but they might cancel the buses and close the schools. We'll see how it goes.

Let's hope today is the day they announce the M&G winners!

SNOW DAY! Probably the first of two. It hasn't started yet, but it's predicted to be BAD for the next few days.

As for that other thing...no worries. I let Clay deal with his career; I'm just a fan.

Our library director still hasn't made a decision...4 or 5 libraries in our area are closed..our village hall is closed but we are still waiting. Really irritates me because my daughter is scheduled to work the evening shift tonight, 2-9 and I would like to know if I need to worry about going out to pick her up in the middle of a storm. Plus it is just not fair to the evening people to make them wait around all day wondering. What usually happens is they are told to come in and then two hours later have to leave. This just drives me nuts.

She is actually thinking of opening tomorrow night if we have to close during the day..really..who is going to come to the library in the evening if there is a blizzard all day.

You can tell it is coming..not snowing but very wintery-looking out and the wind is picking up.

Kim

Kim

luckiest1, it usually doesn't happen that way with us. I'm really surprised they called it just after midnight. Pleased, though, as there are many people (such as custodial staff) who arrive at work at 4:30 a.m., so for once these people got a break. My husband at his college has a half day today, and then they've called it for the afternoon and all day tomorrow.

That's right! My M&G is going to arrive today! cocktail.gif

:lol: From Twitter:

In Chicago on Twitter, it's known as #Snowprah: "YOU get a blizzard, and YOU get a blizzard!"

I just said "Screw it!" and scheduled three days of vacation. I don't want to have to worry about slipping and sliding around on the roads.

:20:

Fear so happy the surgery went well for your husband.

I'm gonna have a ton of stuff to watch when I get my new computer. The sound on my laptop is going in and out again...mostly out. And at work..we have thin clients - connected straight to the home office.

What's with the Decca thing.

Another snow day? Dang I want a day off for weather related reasons! If it's an official snow day do you all not get paid? Do you have to take a vacation day. Can you use a sick day? I'm strangely fascinated with this concept.

Fear so happy the surgery went well for your husband.

Ditto from me!

I'm gonna have a ton of stuff to watch when I get my new computer. The sound on my laptop is going in and out again...mostly out. And at work..we have thin clients - connected straight to the home office.

Good luck picking out a new computer!

What's with the Decca thing.

Supposedly a fan wrote Decca asking to be taking off their email list, and someone at Decca (my guess, someone now looking for a new job) wrote back that Clay is no longer with the company. As I said, I don't know, and I'm still calm.

Another snow day? Dang I want a day off for weather related reasons! If it's an official snow day do you all not get paid? Do you have to take a vacation day. Can you use a sick day? I'm strangely fascinated with this concept.

It depends on your status. As a full time salaried employee, I'm paid without taking a vacation or sick day. It's our part-time people that don't like these, as they do NOT get paid. And of course, it also depends on your company -- I know of some that MAKE you take a vacation day in those instances.

How's Mom couchie?

ETA: YAY for GSLEN!

Just to be clear, this is the e-mail exchange verbatim between a poster at another board and whomever is responsible at Decca for responding to random e-mails:

I sent an email to Decca canceling my email account with them and I told them why. They sent me this email in reply.
Dear Fan,

Sorry to hear that. We hope you will find other artist on Decca that you might be interested in. Also note that, Clay has moved to another label. Please check his website for his current information.

Yeah GLSEN!! Glad to see they made it.

Has anyone told you how great Apple computers are? :)

I know my mom gets 2 choices at work: personal day and vacation day. She took a vacation day for tomorrow and doesn't get paid for it. Now, if I had a job, I wouldn't be offered those kinds of days off. I'd be expected to go in. :huh-bwah:

Luckily we're all prepped for tonight. We're still in a 10-15 inch range and we got blizzard and winter storm warnings up the kazoo.

:deepsnow: