#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

I'd love to hide in a corner and just watch him, but apparently that's not really an option. I've heard that the more you engage him (make the questions interesting, etc) the longer he'll stick around. So my next 2 weeks is dedicated to thinking of something to say. If I don't have at least one question scripted in my mind, I'm apt to sound like an idiot. I'll be lucky if I remember how to spell my name when he asks! :P

To those who haven't yet won, don't give up! I never thought I'd win either. I've been entering every M&G contest offered and this will be my first time (other than an autograph at the stage door of Spamalot and a couple of hand slaps in bus lines over the years.) I have to thank cindilu2 and Claymatron, my travel mates, who graciously declined to enter the OFC contest for Cleveland, in the hopes that it would increase my odds this time around. Seems like it worked! ;)

I have to thank cindilu2 and Claymatron, my travel mates, who graciously declined to enter the OFC contest for Cleveland, in the hopes that it would increase my odds this time around. Seems like it worked! ;)

That's sweet, and incredibly thoughtful.

Good luck coming up with something engaging for him to discuss!

I have to thank cindilu2 and Claymatron, my travel mates, who graciously declined to enter the OFC contest for Cleveland, in the hopes that it would increase my odds this time around. Seems like it worked! ;)

That's sweet, and incredibly thoughtful.

Good luck coming up with something engaging for him to discuss!

That is truly very sweet of Claymatron and cincilu2 to have done that for luckiest1, these 3 were among the first clayfans from Ontario who were introduced to me by myclaygary and goldarngirl who I met at Spamalot in 2008. Congratulations luchiest for winning the M&G, it will be an exciting experience for sure, hopefully you will be able to spell your name, at least it's not too complicated a name lol!

Interesting...

Clay Aiken Reponds to Reports He's Been Dropped by Decca

The writer is a reporter in Tennessee, who talked to Clay to promote the show in Knoxville.

Yesterday, celebrity blog site Perez Hilton reported that "American Idol" season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken has been dropped by his label, Decca. I just got off the phone with Clay for an interview to promote his upcoming show on Feb. 17 at The Tennessee Theatre in downtown Knoxville, and he had this to tell me about the report:

"In this 24 hour news cycle, people are so interested in getting a headline and getting it first. My deal with (Decca) has never been meant to be a long-term deal, and we're in the process now of figuring out what we want to do next. That story is not 100 percent accurate; let's just say that."

aikim, I too am loving these interviews. Thing is, I've pretty much loved all his interviews, from the very beginning to today. IMO, he's a fascinating man, and I love reading his thoughts, no matter the time and place in his life.

I'm with y'all. Got my own life to manage, and that's plenty. I don't worry about Clay any more, and am much happier for it. Luckily for me I love it when he sings. :twinklewhore: And when he speaks. And when he just stands there. Pretty much everything he does just tickles me pink. It takes no effort; it just comes naturally. So no worries, and I'm happy. I'm a lucky gal.

I loved that last interview. <3

ETA: I read on CV that Clay was supposed to be interviewed on radio Friday afternoon but the DJ said he was "sick" so would be interviewed on Monday instead. Hopefully "sick" just means saving his voice for BB on Sunday.

:GM_FCA:

2 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

:yahoo:

5 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

bottlecap -- BWAH! We need to go off together, take aikim with us, and indulge in something sinful to drown our sorrows...

Can I come too? I have at least 6 years worth of trying (I had no clue how people got M&G in 2004) and still zero luck. Best I've gotten is a slap in the handshake line.

Sure, no problem.

Root Beer for aikim; Diet Dr. Pepper for bottlecap; probably a margarita for me; what do you like to drink?

I've had one "hand slap" bus line, and a quick picture at the stage door of Spamalot. So while I've "met" him, in my mind I've not really "met" him. Yeah, I know -- I should stop complaining because I know that's more than many have had. I'd really just like to talk to him for a little bit....

Oh gosh I can have alcohol? Might have to make it a fuzzy navel for me. :) Or maybe a rum runner. Either is good!

I'm with y'all. Got my own life to manage, and that's plenty. I don't worry about Clay any more, and am much happier for it. Luckily for me I love it when he sings. :twinklewhore: And when he speaks. And when he just stands there. Pretty much everything he does just tickles me pink. It takes no effort; it just comes naturally. So no worries, and I'm happy. I'm a lucky gal.

:yeahthat:

Definitely loving all the new interviews. Nothing like catching up from the previous day and getting bombarded with Clay!

bottlecap -- BWAH! We need to go off together, take aikim with us, and indulge in something sinful to drown our sorrows...

Can I come too? I have at least 6 years worth of trying (I had no clue how people got M&G in 2004) and still zero luck. Best I've gotten is a slap in the handshake line.

Sure, no problem.

Root Beer for aikim; Diet Dr. Pepper for bottlecap; probably a margarita for me; what do you like to drink?

I've had one "hand slap" bus line, and a quick picture at the stage door of Spamalot. So while I've "met" him, in my mind I've not really "met" him. Yeah, I know -- I should stop complaining because I know that's more than many have had. I'd really just like to talk to him for a little bit....

Yeah that pretty much sums up my experience..one hand slap in Sterling Heights; although I did see him at Borders (from afar) when he was signing books.

So it looks like Bottlecap and I are going to be the designated drivers, LOL!

Kim

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features some of the week's exceptional interviews leading into the Tried & True Tour, LCV's "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" montage with Sendspace download, new and old graphics (AmazingCA, Fountaindawg), ecstatic Meet & Greet reactions, and The Way We Make a Difference.

For the M&G posts, I quoted fan posts from three boards, including luckiest1. Almost all will be having their first ever M&G. Congratulations to all winning a M&G! :dancetom:

Thank you for your blog visits and comments, which help us compete on Google and other Internet sites. Your retweets and FB posts are also greatly appreciated.

Interesting...

Clay Aiken Responds to Reports He's Been Dropped by Decca

The writer is a reporter in Tennessee, who talked to Clay to promote the show in Knoxville.

Yesterday, celebrity blog site Perez Hilton reported that "American Idol" season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken has been dropped by his label, Decca. I just got off the phone with Clay for an interview to promote his upcoming show on Feb. 17 at The Tennessee Theatre in downtown Knoxville, and he had this to tell me about the report:

"In this 24 hour news cycle, people are so interested in getting a headline and getting it first. My deal with (Decca) has never been meant to be a long-term deal, and we're in the process now of figuring out what we want to do next. That story is not 100 percent accurate; let's just say that."

Clay is such a classy man! :)

Safe travels to those heading to New York City and/or on tour with Clay next week! :twinklewhore:

Happy Weekend, all! :snoopy:

Caro :listen:

Sure, no problem.

Yeah that pretty much sums up my experience..one hand slap in Sterling Heights; although I did see him at Borders (from afar) when he was signing books.

So it looks like Bottlecap and I are going to be the designated drivers, LOL!

Kim

Oh but the Sterling Heights one was one of the best! :teehee1: He gave everyone 2 shakes, one with each hand. At least that's what I noticed he did to me and those around me. :)

:GM_FCA:

1 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

:yahoo:

4 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'd love to hide in a corner and just watch him, but apparently that's not really an option. I've heard that the more you engage him (make the questions interesting, etc) the longer he'll stick around. So my next 2 weeks is dedicated to thinking of something to say. If I don't have at least one question scripted in my mind, I'm apt to sound like an idiot. I'll be lucky if I remember how to spell my name when he asks! :P

To those who haven't yet won, don't give up! I never thought I'd win either. I've been entering every M&G contest offered and this will be my first time (other than an autograph at the stage door of Spamalot and a couple of hand slaps in bus lines over the years.) I have to thank cindilu2 and Claymatron, my travel mates, who graciously declined to enter the OFC contest for Cleveland, in the hopes that it would increase my odds this time around. Seems like it worked! ;)

I am just so happy for you, luckiest1. I don't think there's anybody I know who will be more excited for this than you!!!

Our non-posting friend from NC has a question suggestion for you: Hey Clay, would you come visit me in the bighouse if I accidentally on purpose ran over some of your 'fans' with my pickup truck? :smack:

GO PACKERS!

I love this game. :lol:

Ooo I just noticed too, between Clay's hair and his hoodie in my avi, I'm all set to cheer them on! :teehee1:

Ditto! Getting the munchies ready for the game..finger foods and nibbles since we will be eating in front of the TV.

Kim

I've got a big pot of chili started, plus the makings for fresh bruschetta marinating. All that needs to be done for that is toasting the French bread. Plus, veggie tray and fruit tray. No chips. Just say no, kids. *g* And this Vikings fan is also rooting for the Packers. That doesn't happen very much, does it?

Hubby and I went out today and replaced the 20 year old TV set in my office. I now have a very nice TV, along with a TiVo to go with it. I just need to go to the cable company tomorrow and get a card for the TiVo box, and I'm set. I can now keep TV recorded Clay, on my own box, for a LONG time to come. Hee.

Congratulation luckiest1 and merrieeee! I'm excited for both of you. I didn't win an OFC M&G, never will, but I do have a PBS M&G in Houston, along with just about everyone of us who volunteered on September 8th. As I remember, that's why I volunteered, for a chance to buy a M&G, and then we were gifted with such a unique Clay experience that night. Can't wait to see him perform again on Valentine's Day, six months to the day from the last time I heard him sing live in Biloxi. I've known for a long time, but it's certifiable now, I'll never stop loving Clay's voice --- even if I'm the victim of an intervention and sent to solitary in Clay Aiken Rehab for a long, long time. I'd just hear that voice in my head. There's no cure.

I've got a big pot of chili started, plus the makings for fresh bruschetta marinating. All that needs to be done for that is toasting the French bread. Plus, veggie tray and fruit tray. No chips. Just say no, kids. *g* And this Vikings fan is also rooting for the Packers. That doesn't happen very much, does it?

We have a big pot of chili too! In past years we've gone all out with things like chips and dip, Chex mix, veggie tray, brownies, even had a Super Bowl cake on occasion. This year since it's just my mom and I, we toned it down to chili and football shaped Oreos. Still sounds good to me!

ETA: I have no problem rooting on the Packers. Growing up in the Detroit area and having the Lions as a hometeam (ack!!) it only made sense for me to cheer on a better team. And yes, I did really love Brett Favre back during his Packers days. After his flip-flopping retirements I ended up frustrated and I don't like him all that much anymore. LOL

To this day, even though the Lions are getting better, I have a hard time cheering them on. Though Suh is an AMAZING player and Johnson is as well. The back-up QBs to Stafford (names currently escape me) are really good too and I like them a lot. My heart may be softening.

So excited for you all who are concerting and meet & greeting!

I don't know if any news of our latest natural disaster has reached over there - cat 5 cyclone "Yasi". It was roughly the size of the UK. It made landfall in the far north, battering some of the poor buggers who just cleaned up from the big floods.

Some towns were completely evacuated and we have quite stringent building regs around cyclone proofing so the newer homes were not quite so bad and I have not heard of any confirmed deaths yet. The electricity situation (and possibly water) is expected to be quite dire for a few weeks yet.

I am thankfull that the only effects we have felt here are crazy temps and humidity. Some say we have been lulled into a false sense of security because only a few bad cyclones have made it to land in recent years.

I think we Queenslanders have well and truly woken up now.

Wow ausdon, you guys have had a rough year.

keepingfaith, they'll be taking me to rehab with you. By the way, I too have an OFC M&G, my very first one, well, I'll also have the PBS M&G in Charlotte. Mr. Fear no longer bats an eye when I tell him that I'm going off for a few days and by the way I'll get someone to stay with you. Sounds mean but he is very understanding and realizes that I need a break occasionally.

Enjoy the game, I don't like football. :snoopy: