#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

Right now, as a sub, I hate snow days because it means no call to sub, which means no extra money. Once I get a full-time teaching job, I am gonna love them. I know I'd still have to make them up later, but getting up early in the summer when the sun is up is so much easier than getting up in the dark and cold.

I'm not worried about Clay's situation right now, but I am curious. I had a lot of hopes when Clay signed with Decca but I have not been impressed with their lack of promo for Clay. I love the cd and am glad he was able to make it because they did a wonderful job with it, but I was disappointed with everything since. Only David Novik seemed to really support him there and I just found out yesterday that he hasn't been with them since late summer.

I just feel that Clay is going to be here for the long haul, not sure term like the Justin B.'s of the world, so I'm feeling pretty hopeful.

Since I've got some time on my hands today...

I'm adding the Clay Aiken Timeline to the message board. 2011 is up and running -- here is the link. It's part of the "All About Clay" section, under "Clay Aiken: the Man, the Music, the Boyfriend." Note that I've got the thread locked; I like having a little bit of control on what is added here! If you see anything that needs to be added, or changed, please PM me.

I very likely will also be archiving the previous years timelines here as well, when I can find the time. Again, I'm kind of stickler, and will have some formatting things to change from the previous years.

I am home! When I got to work this morning we were told we would leave at 3:00, than the Library Director decided to stay open until 5:00...lots of grumbling about that. This also meant that my daughter who was scheduled 2-9 would have to work until 2-5 and I would have to stay until 5:00 to bring her home instead of leaving early. I was not happy..but then she decided we could leave at 4:00..thank God..very windy out there, roads were a mess. Still don't know about tomorrow yet.

Clay..well..we don't know what kind of contract he signed...may have been short term..also it has been noted that David Novik who he spoke highly of has also left Decca and he may have left to go work with him. I suspect we won't hear anything official until after the tour.

Put some chili in the slo-cooker before I left this morning..smells wonderful!

Kim

Thanks guys. He's asking to be brought home by ambulance as I have no way of getting him into the house. He can't walk and has no upper body strength anymore. I'm going to have to figure out how to pick up a six foot 220 pound man.

Now I'm worried about being able to go to the concerts. I've put up quite a bit of money so far for hotels and tickets. Selfish, I know. :smack:

Thanks guys. He's asking to be brought home by ambulance as I have no way of getting him into the house. He can't walk and has no upper body strength anymore. I'm going to have to figure out how to pick up a six foot 220 pound man.

Now I'm worried about being able to go to the concerts. I've put up quite a bit of money so far for hotels and tickets. Selfish, I know. :smack:

Oh, I am so sorry..hope you can work things out..I assume he will be getting physical therapy..if the therapist comes to the house..have him do the lifting.

ETA: Just got a call from my boss..the library director finally made a decision and we are closed tomorrow.

Kim

aikim, glad you and your daughter made it home safe. I just read that LakeShore Drive is closed because of the waves from the Lake! YIKES!

Fear, take of yourself as well as your husband. If you need any help...well, we might not be able to help physically, but I'm sure you might want to vent once in a while!

They cancelled my college by 4:00 this afternoon. Thank goodness, as it's REALLY bad out there. My husband did a pass with the snowblower on our driveway 4 hours ago, while I did a pass with the snow shovel on our small porch. Right now, you can't even tell we did that work. The main concern, however, is the power. If it goes out, it's gonna be COLD...and probably also kind of boring around here!

Hope Clay is somewhere safe and warm.

Thanks for the update on the Clay and Decca thing. Nothing really surprises me with the music business. My cousin lost her job with Universal after 20 years on the job. She's not even really looking to stay in the music business at this point.

Bottle, my mom is doing well. They are just keeping her until they feel certain she can go back to normal mobility without falling. So she's just having occupational and physical therapy daily. After that, it's bingo, puzzles, tv, chatting, and free food. LOL. We go by every evening after work for a few hours.

Thanks LadyJ for all your work on the time lines.

Fear, be careful!

:GM_FCA:

Lots of drifts here too and are front door is blocked...no plows down the street yet...very quiet. Luckily we did not lose our power.

Anyone else having trouble getting into the OFC...I can't get in at all..keep getting server error message.

5 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

:yahoo:

8 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I sure hope Mother Nature got it out of her system. You guys were bombarded.

We had a lovely Spring today. Although I didn't get to enjoy it, it was nice not to have to wear a coat while running errands. :twinklewhore:

merrieeee, it is a nice Clay shelter here. I wonder how people know what Clay is thinking?

So I take it there is nothing official about Clay's status so that means that void will be filled with a bunch of other stuff. Not all of it bad I'm sure. Some of it interesting. But I wonder if anything is new. I doubt it.

Love the snow pictures. Thanks for sharing.

My mom's being released on Friday. Glad she's coming home. I'll be able to get some sleep!

Has anyone in the bay area that pledged for concert tickets at KQED gotten them. I'm just afraid suddenly that I threw away my tickets. They send so much pledge mail that I started throwing things away without opening..totally forgetting about the tickets. Hopefully they haven't been sent out yet. Can't wait for the concert. I feel so virginal LOL.

We were supposed to get around the same amount Chicago did but a dry slot of air came in and broke up part of the system (that apparently none of the local models predicted!!), and just before that, the ice/sleet line made its way up by us, so our totals were at least 5" lower than what was expected. I think we only got a total of around 6" here, so we got off super lucky.

We were also fortunate that the owners here take care of big snow removal, so all we had to do was clean off our cars and the snow drifts between them. They even came up our steps and on our porch and did it all! Very impressed.

merrieeee, it is a nice Clay shelter here. I wonder how people know what Clay is thinking?

Heh, I'd like to know that too.

Couchie good to hear your mom can come home. :)

I have a question about PBS tickets too...is anyone going to Houston and gotten theirs? Or know someone who is and has? Not that I'm going, but I want to know for a friend. Apparently they're selling pit seats at the Houston Symphony site and she went ahead and bought one of those, but none of the seats I saw people get through the OFC are pit. Were they maybe being saved for PBS and had some left over to sell?

Good morning!

couchie, thats great your mom is being released. Have a nice nap. :nightienight: I hope your mom will be much improved.

Glad all our folks survived the storm without too much damage. Glad to hear you missed the worst shortyjill.

I haven't receoved my Charlotte PBS tickets either, but did get my OFC tickets. Unless Clay is on PBS, I doubt I'll be buying tickets from them again, but I'll always donate cash as I would miss several of their regular shows should they lose funding as has been threatened by some politicians.

I'll always be a Clay fan despite some of Clay's fans. :breakpc2:

:GM_FCA:

4 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

7 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Amazingly, I have one more day off work today due to weather. I hear the rural roads still are not that clear, and then there are the temps -- it is just below zero right now, with wind chills in the -20 range.

couchie, glad to hear Mom is doing well. And I think you are right about the Clay stuff as well. Speculations will abound for a while...

Off topic but wanted to say I've seen more of AI this year than I have in the past 5 because I'm usually at the hospital when it comes on. At home my mom usually goes into her room to watch it. But I have to say that I think it was Simon I couldn't stand (my mom's favorite) because the show no longer bothers me AT ALL. Don't mind the new judges Maybe the show will be put back on the singers where it belongs anyway. I thought Casey was great last night but have only seen a few people that I thought were actually good, let alone great. I do know I'm so over the bad auditions - never my favorite part anyway. But it doesn't seem as mean spirited as before.

Ok good to know nobody else has received tickets. KQED is one of my charities anyway so was happy to donate. Clay being on killed two birds with one stone for me. But they will paper you to death with requests for more money.

Ah, ticket woes. Still waiting on a set from the OFC, that I need to forward on to someone else in the USA. Still don't know my seats from Charlotte PBS or from Cleveland venue as no tickets have been received yet. At least I have Greenville tickets in hand!

I found this new interview linked over on CV from NC:

North Carolina always home for 'Idol' Clay Aiken

And this article from Cleveland:

Clay Aiken Set to Play PlayhouseSquare, 2/19