#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Got the interview but no time to watch it... I'm tired!! I'll watch it some time tomorrow. :) Got really busy today and spent almost the whole day out. Even heard of a job/internship possibility. Not sure if I'll follow through since it's in Detroit (a long drive) and they wouldn't pay me, but it's at an art gallery which I would love to work at!

I liked it. It answered several of the "constant" questions belaboring the boards of late.

All I know is that I've missed him and this was a GINORMOUS "Clay fix" for me! He is fucking gorgeous! Looks relaxed, happy and so damn handsome! Loved hearing him laugh. And talktalktalktalktalk. Teh boy sho can talk! I'm going to be rewatching this for sometime to come. Did I mention he looks gorgeous :Thud:

Special thanks go to the camera person for their fine zoom-in shots of that mouth! :hubbahubba: Oh my, they seemed a bit shakey/nervous when doing this but it was so much like a fan video :hysterical:

:GM_FCA:

Beautiful day here today; looking forward to listening to the interview again...had problems with the sound last night.

61 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Got the interview but no time to watch it... I'm tired!! I'll watch it some time tomorrow. :) Got really busy today and spent almost the whole day out. Even heard of a job/internship possibility. Not sure if I'll follow through since it's in Detroit (a long drive) and they wouldn't pay me, but it's at an art gallery which I would love to work at!

Maybe they would agree to a part time position to cut down on driving time. Sometimes you just have to take the opportunities that appear. Take the time to do something you enjoy- like Clay is.

Couchie, have fun don't sample too much wine.

aikim, sounds like Clay confirmed that internet video, which should appear in a few weeks according to the interview.

Clay is definitely a different pop star and doesn't always play the games that the music industry requires. As far as I know we get one chance to live and is it more important to accumulate stuff or to make the most of your life? Of course he has way more stuff than I'll ever have. I'm so happy to hear that he has made peace with his choices. Good for him; lucky for Parker.

Why oh why didn't I check the board before I came to work? Now I have to wait until 5 pm to watch the interview! Ah well, it'll be something to look forward to when I get home. Thanks for the links and the gist of what he said. From the sound of it, no surprises to me.....and hell ya, if I could take a year off, I would. Especially with a 2 year old at home. I spent a lot of yesterday transferring old home movies of my kids from VHS to digital. What a lot of memories that I wouldn't exchange for the world.

Finally saw the interview. I thought it was good! And good for him for taking time off and spending time with his son...can't be upset with him for that. In the meantime I have a life I can go on with while he has his and when he's got something, I'll be here! :)

Speaking of which, I'm taking an interview for that internship! It really can't hurt, even if I'm offered the position I know I don't have to take it. It'll help my interview skills too.

Reading around you would think that Clay personally dug the grave and shovelled the dirt over himself. I love to hear about him, see him, and listen to him but do not need the constant reinforcement that he appreciates me. Some fans are really into the fact that he does not think about us and that he will loose so many more fans with nothing on the horizon. They feel he has no ability to pick up any new once he decides to become busy again. I am sorry but this is bullshit!! Some of us will stick this drought out and when he does have a new project I hope he picks up a shitload of new fans. I am so tired of the poor me syndrome.

gbmifan, one word came to mind reading your post: clingy. You know, as in the relationship kind of clingy....where one person bugs and bugs and bugs the other to the point where they say they can't be a part of that anymore.

Reading around you would think that Clay personally dug the grave and shovelled the dirt over himself. I love to hear about him, see him, and listen to him but do not need the constant reinforcement that he appreciates me. Some fans are really into the fact that he does not think about us and that he will loose so many more fans with nothing on the horizon. They feel he has no ability to pick up any new once he decides to become busy again. I am sorry but this is bullshit!! Some of us will stick this drought out and when he does have a new project I hope he picks up a shitload of new fans. I am so tired of the poor me syndrome.

yeahthat.gif And might I add I will never know why some hang around when all they do is bitch and complain; never like anything Clay does; criticize every decision and think he is ruining his career...move on then and find someone who will do all the things you think he should do for his career that Clay is not. I mean honestly, how many times does Clay have to say he will not twitter before some fans get it or maybe they just like banging their heads against the wall. I really try to understand that they want the best for Clay but they have to realize that what they want and what Clay wants is not necessarily the same thing. As much as he appreciates us and our support and loyalty; I think it can be suffocating at times and he needs time away from us; it is totally unfair for some fans to make Clay personally responsible for their own happiness. That is on us and us alone..Clay is a bonus...to make him one's whole life and then freak out when he is not around is just not healthy.

Kim

ITA, aikim. I watched the interview last night and wow, he looks great! I loved every minute of it. I think Clay has a very healthy view of his life. I don't think he wants the same career many want for him. When things are happening and there is a tour or Broadway then I get sucked right back in, but when he is away I don't think about it as much as I used to. He has his life to live and I have mine. I hope he is enjoying his because I am enjoying mine! :twinklewhore:

I do regret that I won't be at gala this year because it seems like the only public event on Clay's plate for the rest of the year. But instead, I get to deal with my freaking brother in Taiwan who is being a bit of an ass. He tried to get us to cancel our trip, which we haven't, but now he is resisting letting us talk to his wife about our plans. Since she is the one who will be there when we visit (he will apparently be in Vancouver), it seems logical to me to want to touch base with her and make plans with her. However, his stance is "what does it have to do with her"? :whistling-1:

60 Days until Clay is on DDD! Yahoo.gif

Kim

Tweet:

QUOTETomKuell Tom Kuell

@taylor_sage and clay aiken came through the drive through today! what a pleasureful day at chick-fil-a!

Wow Luckiest. That is just crazy. Hugs from me and i hope everything works out. I think once you get there and he's not there it will!

I think I've come to the conclusion and it's not that deep that we all just handle our fandom differently based on personality. A little bird might have whispered something in my ear similar this weekend. Some people are just sky is falling type person in probably everything they do in life. Some are worriers. Some are live and let live. Others are supportive while others just enjoy the moment. There was a rush and intensity that came with the first few years of this fandom. Something was always going on, in the beginning tons of things all at the same time. That intensity is just not there anymore. You can breathe and go on about life without actually missing anything. And honestly that first year or two intensity level wasn't going to be sustainable for any reason. As I was telling friends this weekend, I was on multiple (like 6 or 7) boards early on, with TONS of info every day and I was constantly running to read even more. And there was this fear of missing anything the second it was posted. I think I gave up tv for two years LOL. Even in the midst of all that success there was negativity, worriers, doom and gloom, and everything on the opposite end of the spectrum. At concerts some people are smiling and floating on air afterward while others start out by listing everything that he did "wrong." I think all of that will be with us always.

I also think that high of those first years seriously warped our expectations on how things were always going to be. So instead of looking at things like - the average musician has a 5 year career which Clay has surpassed - it's look what he had with a myriad of conclusions about how his decisions or circumstance muffed that up.

Wow Luckiest. That is just crazy. Hugs from me and i hope everything works out. I think once you get there and he's not there it will!

I think I've come to the conclusion and it's not that deep that we all just handle our fandom differently based on personality. A little bird might have whispered something in my ear similar this weekend. Some people are just sky is falling type person in probably everything they do in life. Some are worriers. Some are live and let live. Others are supportive while others just enjoy the moment. There was a rush and intensity that came with the first few years of this fandom. Something was always going on, in the beginning tons of things all at the same time. That intensity is just not there anymore. You can breathe and go on about life without actually missing anything. And honestly that first year or two intensity level wasn't going to be sustainable for any reason. As I was telling friends this weekend, I was on multiple (like 6 or 7) boards early on, with TONS of info every day and I was constantly running to read even more. And there was this fear of missing anything the second it was posted. I think I gave up tv for two years LOL. Even in the midst of all that success there was negativity, worriers, doom and gloom, and everything on the opposite end of the spectrum. At concerts some people are smiling and floating on air afterward while others start out by listing everything that he did "wrong." I think all of that will be with us always.

I also think that high of those first years seriously warped our expectations on how things were always going to be. So instead of looking at things like - the average musician has a 5 year career which Clay has surpassed - it's look what he had with a myriad of conclusions about how his decisions or circumstance muffed that up.

I think you nailed it..I was the same way..always worrying I was going to miss something..it really became all encompassing and I don't think that was healthy. I am enjoying it much more now because I can check in and see if there is any news and then go about my life. My feeling has always been it is Clay's career and life and I have no control over either so no point in worrying about it.

Kimj

Thanks couchie, but I think after a few more email exchanges this morning we have given up hope of going to Taiwan this year. Thankfully I didn't book the flights yet, but all the arrangements for time off work have been made for those dates. So now we are thinking of going somewhere else during those dates instead....maybe a cruise.

Thanks couchie, but I think after a few more email exchanges this morning we have given up hope of going to Taiwan this year. Thankfully I didn't book the flights yet, but all the arrangements for time off work have been made for those dates. So now we are thinking of going somewhere else during those dates instead....maybe a cruise.

That's the spirit. The world is our oyster!

My feeling has always been it is Clay's career and life and I have no control over either so no point in worrying about it.

Honestly I don't know if that was always my feeling but it certainly became so around ATDW.

Couchie I agree with everything you said. I remember sitting on the boards for hours on end worrying about missing something. If I had to go off somewhere, I always asked someone to text me! lol Now I can go away for a few days and know that I most likely haven't missed anything. It's kinda nice.

My feeling has always been it is Clay's career and life and I have no control over either so no point in worrying about it.

Honestly I don't know if that was always my feeling but it certainly became so around ATDW.

I will personally always mourn the CD that never was that turned into the ATDW project.

Luckiest you will have fun whatever you do! If you still want to go to the other side of the world, it'll be spring in the southern hemisphere and Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti would be great vacations!

luckiest, sorry to hear about your plans falling through (for whatever reason) for Taiwan. Enjoy the time you have on a vacation you know you will enjoy!

I think you nailed it..I was the same way..always worrying I was going to miss something..it really became all encompassing and I don't think that was healthy. I am enjoying it much more now because I can check in and see if there is any news and then go about my life. My feeling has always been it is Clay's career and life and I have no control over either so no point in worrying about it.

Kim

To be perfectly honest, that's one of the things that I've really learned about LIFE by being in this fandom -- that we all deal with things differently. I mean, I always kind of knew that, but being on message boards has really crystalized that for me. It's also translated back in the opposite way with me, and my work. I find myself trying to understand the worriers there as well, even though they frequently frustrate me.

You can ask my husband about 2003 and 2004 and how I barely left my computer. I agree, things are changing for the better, IMO, in that regard. It's nice to actually "have a life" besides my life with Clay Aiken. He's just one small facet of my being. I love him to bits, but I also love spending time with my husband, dealing with work (which has gotten much better in the past two or so), and just enjoying outside.

What's ironic is that the technology today, being more mobile, makes it way easier for many of us to stay connected to what's going on in the fandom. I'm speaking from personal experience here. In 2003, I had a cell phone, but it was "dumb" and I didn't know how to send text messages with it. Today, I LOVE my smartphone -- being able to check the boards from practically anywhere, knowing that people will text me with important stuff regarding Clay, etc. (I also realize that there are many in the fandom who still don't have a cell phone, let alone a smartphone!) At the same time, though -- I'm not COMPELLED to do it all the time. But it's funny that the technology today would have served me well in 2003!

From CV:

Clay is not at the RBC tonight. According to Mimi at Claymaniacs -

At DPAC for spamalot and CLAY is here! Not spiked hair sith mom and brother!!

She is all in white, clay has a blue striped shirt on. They are five rows ahead of me!

No stubble. Clean shaven! Blue jeans. We tried to get a picture but its just too dark.

Hope Clay had a good time at Spamalot...nice that the family had an outing together.

59 Days until Clay is on DDD! :yahoo:

Kim

From mimi at Claymaniacs, via the CH:

Just got back from Spamalot. When I saw Clay coming up the aisle I scared poor Stacey to death I hit her so hard. That guy is something else, the temperature outside was 93 but he had on layers..a navy blue long sleeve shirt with the sleeves pulled up and over that a navy polo shirt/with white stripes.Blue jeans & tennis shoes. His hair looked really good ...short & no spikes,,clean shaven and no stubble. Faye was all in white. When they came in they came in thru the exit. I did not see anyone who seemed to reconize him.They sat 5 rows up from us and I had a good view of the back of his head.(but a fine head it was) During intermission they all stayed in their seats. Stacey took several pictures but of course they are all of his head,and wide shoulders(and fine shoulders they were)

After the Grail was found in the audience and they brought the lady on stage,the King said now Raleigh/Durham has another idol Judy ,along with Scotty & Clay Aiken(lots of applause).

During the encores Clay Mom & Brent left out thru the exit. They may have been going backstage.

I think I read that Clay had commented that this was not the broadway version during a M&G. I didn't see hardly any differences, other than Clay was in the audience & not on stage. The costumes were all the same as was the scenry..The guy who played Robin did a good job but Clay did a lot better.

The theatre was full even the balcony.Its a lovely place & the ushers and personeel are very friendly & helpful.

This just made for a perfect night, especially seeing Clay. I wish you all could have been here with me.