# 62: I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving!

ldyjocelyn

Another new tweet:

Part of this comes from fans reacting to an interview with Penn. An Interview with Penn Jillette of The Celebrity Apprentice. Here are the Clay mentions:

You seemed to have left out a few cast members. How was your time with Clay Aiken?

We worked together very, very closely. The reason I didn’t mention him was, although I kind of liked Clay Aiken, he really hated me. When someone hates you, even if you don’t hate them, it can make it uncomfortable.

Did he tell you he hated you?

Yeah. It could have been because I get excited and go off on tangents and he wasn’t interested. And I didn’t high five him. I loved when I was around him and he was singing in tune, because you don’t usually get to hear people up close and live sing perfectly in tune. But I studied music a lot and I played Bebop Jazz. He is desperately ambitious and kind of interesting to watch.

Do you think people carry grudges after its done taping? Will you talk to these people again?

Some of us will never talk to each other again because our paths don’t cross. I hung out with Adam Carolla a couple of times. I’ll work with Arsenio Hall again, certainly. I went out with Paul Senior just last week. I wouldn't do anything to avoid Clay Aiken at all.

IMO, it seems that we're kinda back to the "poor wittle Clay, don't pick on him" mentality; that's going to be really tough because this show has a lot of backstabbing kinds of comments throughout.

I also think it's going to be very interesting how perceptions change about all the celebrities. I kinda like Penn, but I'm wondering if I still will after the show is over. I'll just have to watch and see. I think there may be all kinds of minds changed -- on Clay and almost everyone else around him during the show.

LOL at Clay the twitterer. Well I for one don't care if any of the other celebrities like Clay or is his BFF. The man sounded sincere about how he thinks Clay feels about him and he didn't sound vindictive. Or it could just be build up for the show. Either way it goes, Clay can take care of himself. Clay's already warned his fan base and they need to take that to heart before the show starts. I'm not going into this thinking Clay is some victim that needs protecting or that if someone doesn't like them then I must hate them. I'm sure he will give as good as he gets. And maybe he will be reasonable or unreasonable. Nobody is perfect. One thing I have learned about these types of shows is that they are heavily edited. So I will likely go out of it just like I go into it -- not giving a damn about any of them but Clay and Arsenio. And if Clay and Arsenio happen not to get along for whatever reason that's between them.

Clay's talking on WRAL-FM right now!

Didn't want to do another reality show, but thought about this one for a long time and finally decided to do it.

It's really HARD to do this one; AI was singing, and that was easy for him. CApp is doing things he doesn't know how to do, and that's tough.

Talks about the first impressions, and trying to decide who was the crazy one -- eventually deciding that it might have been him!

And that's it. It's over already. But more tomorrow!

:GM_FCA:

3 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

4 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

:yahoo:

40 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Penn Jillette was an ass long before he met Clay - and is very pompous and condescending (his attitude always reminded me of my ex...they seem to think they are the center of the universe and that everyone and everyone hates/thinks about them all the time) - and will be an ass long after CA is over. The interviews (and the show) will be heavily edited, but Penn really does that passive aggressive shit to people he doesn't like (oh, look at the childish things Clay wants me to do, but I'm a bigger man (heh, heh) and will show how evolved I am). It seems to be his default mode. But if Clay actually does dislike him, I'll bet it has more to do with a lot of his attitude. If you want to see Jilette at his condescending best, watch "Bullshit", the episode where they "take on" the ADA (Penn thinks its stupid and unnecessary) and especially handicapped parking. I actually agree with many of his points (not about the ADA though), but he is so clearly biased, one-sided, and just as "hysterical" as the people he's debunking, he tends to work my nerves. But I also think Clay has just about always been able to take care of himself. Nobody has to like anybody, not Clay, not Penn, not even the Trumpmeister, but they do need to get it done.

Via the CH: CV found a link to

Turn your head sideways to watch (shades of the old days!), but the sound is very good!

Bwah! Proof that nobody reads my posts?! (look at top of page) :P

I FLOVE the more recent, close-up one!! Made my heart pound to hear those screams and listen to his powerful vocals! Love his laugh and the kiss on the head he gave her and.....shit, I'm blathering. #iwantanotherrockintoursoondemmit

Via the CH: CV found a link to

Turn your head sideways to watch (shades of the old days!), but the sound is very good!

Bwah! Proof that nobody reads my posts?! (look at top of page) :P

I FLOVE the more recent, close-up one!! Made my heart pound to hear those screams and listen to his powerful vocals! Love his laugh and the kiss on the head he gave her and.....shit, I'm blathering. #iwantanotherrockintoursoondemmit#

Hey, wait a doggone minute here! The one you posted and the one I posted are two different clips! Don't go blamin' me none! tongue.gif

I too FLOVE the most recent one. Especially this exchange:

"It's Clay Aiken! Holy Shit! Shut Up! Oh My God!"

Yup, the crowd's reaction did me good.

For the record, I watched that video 5 times in a row while at the gym. It made the bike ride go a hell of a lot faster (got a better workout in too!)

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until the premiere of Celebrity Apprentice!:yahoo:

3 Days until Clay is at Carnegie Hall!

:yahoo:

39 Days until Steadfast is available!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Rolling Stone Introduces the 2012 Cast of Celebrity Apprentice

The link takes you to Clay's picture (with Arsenio) and this text:

Clay Aiken

Claim To Fame: The doe-eyed North Carolina-native welled America's hearts with his beatific balladry on Season Two of American Idol. (He ultimately took second-place to Southern big-boy Ruben Studdard). Aiken has since released six full-length albums, performed on Broadway and after coming out as openly gay in 2008, has become an outspoken activist for gay rights.

What To Expect: Don't let the fact that he sings like a mermaid misguide you; if preview clips are any indication, this ginger-topped crooner's got some bite behind that boyish charm. How he matches up with The Donald, however, might be a different story.

I'll post this in the news section sometime today or tonight!