# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

Awwww, congratulations to Sean and Ben! Ben has his FB mostly public so you can see the pictures if you search for him. (I couldn't post on congrat though, as I'm not a friend! Hee)

Clay's tweet for the day (so far):

Now we know what Clay has been doing this summer..talk about being out of the loop, LOL!:

Shaylan Miller ‏@ShaylanMiller

Clay Aiken, his husband and children are at the zoo today. I wish it was Channing Tatum instead.

Edited by ldyjocelyn
Edited to make font bigger for older eyes...ldyj

:GM_FCA:

80 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wow, I was just having lunch with cindilu2, claymatron and my daughter crimsonice and we were discussing gala, JNT tour dates and travel plans. Florida is probably a bit too far to drive for us though. ;) Bring on the Michigan date!

I wouldn't mind that WPB concert one little bit. I remember the venue from SRHP and it was divine! The problem is that it's the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) and I may have my Georgia family here. Why is there always some little problem when I need to see Clay????

:GM_FCA:

79 Days until the Gala!: :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Two days off again, before school starts in a few weeks. Tonight we're going to see Crosby, Stills and Nash in concert. I think it will be a great show. It's also at a theater that I've seen Clay twice in. I swear, following Clay has given me some great insight into how to buy tickets for other shows...

They should be finished eating by Friday. Tell them you are driving them part way home and in another direction.

:thinking:

Or, maybe I'll tell them I decided to come to Georgia for Thanksgiving! I'll work on that. Especially since there's another Florida date in Sarasota. Jacksonville would be nice too since my kids live about 50 miles north of there. I'm supposed to go to Georgia in October for my son's 40th birthday, retirement party and receiving his master's degree celebration. Can I do two trips? (That's me thinking aloud about flying that much!)

Tonight we're going to see Crosby, Stills and Nash in concert. I think it will be a great show. It's also at a theater that I've seen Clay twice in. I swear, following Clay has given me some great insight into how to buy tickets for other shows...

I'm jealous. I saw CSN in 1970, CSN&Y in 1975, and CSN in 1978. I've always been a HUGE fan of Stephen Stills. I even loved him when he was "Steve" Stills. Full disclosure, I go back to Buffalo Springfield days. Again, with emphasis, I'm jealous! And if they do Helplessly Hoping, don't even tell me about it.

There was another show discovered today in Sarasota, Fla. on Nov. 24...so those able can have two-fer!

Kim

Again, with emphasis, I'm jealous! And if they do Helplessly Hoping, don't even tell me about it.

Heh. I think she'd survive a detailed recounting.

Nancy and I went to Corning today to see the Museum of Glass. It has expanded quite a lot since I was last there. There is SO MUCH to see. I got to see a John La Farge stained glass window up very close (it was behind a protective glass barrier very close to the window itself, and the area in front of it was not roped off; it was actually built into the wall I think, so the light could shine through). I am somewhat of a fanatic about John La Farge, who was, in his day, much more famous than Tiffany and more respected. He and Tiffany were great rivals often engaged on lawsuits over techniques and patents. I also loved a chess set with all the pieces representing the Catholics v.s. the Jews. The pope was the King, but the Catholic Queen was a black queen. Not sure who she was supposed to be. All the pieces were detailed and realistic and yet exaggerated, like caricatures, all of them long and thin and colorful. And animated. Lots of headgear and props. It was marvelous. Made in the early 20th century. We also watched a demonstration of glass blowing on a set that was just completed last week. Electric ovens, four of them, all with different purposes. Everything in the museum was very organized and well run, with helpers everywhere. The helpers had little carts they could push around with drawers and a surface on top to write on or show a map, and a sign saying "Ask me a question." The museum sells tickets that are good for two days and I can see why. I heard a fellow speaking beautiful Mandarin (meaning even I could understand it) and people speaking a number of other languages--felt kind of privileged to not have to cross oceans to see the place. We both lingered the longest over the historical exhibits, but I also enjoyed the incredible creativity in contemporary art glass. There was one very spikey, sharp-edged block of white that was made entirely of broken lcd screens. The use of color and light throughout is so fantastic that it is almost overwhelming.

Again, with emphasis, I'm jealous! And if they do Helplessly Hoping, don't even tell me about it.

:evillaugh:

Man, for a bunch of "old hippies," Crosby Stills and Nash rocked the house! The Fox Theater in St. Louis is a gorgeous venue, and the acoustics were excellent. It was such a great show -- so much to sing along with! I had to buy the "Teach Your Children" t-shirt!

jmh that museum sounds great! I'd love to see that, I love glass art.

You lucky Florida people! Two concerts in two days...sigh. Hope they announce a show near me soon....

Another Fla venue

http://www.rutheckerdhall.com/events/?d=2012-11-25,2012-11-25&loc=mini-cal

I think this one shows me they are trying to do this tour responsibly. It's Sunday evening and not in the larger venue but a 655 seat one downtown called Capitol Theater. Makes a great deal of sense since people who go to Fla just for the shows will be traveling back after the long holiday weekend. He may catch a few locals though. I hope he sells out!

aikim is having a problem posting to the board this morning. Does anyone know why she might be? No other problems that I know of, but I am on my way home from the concert and can't look into it. Anyway, imagine her countdown here for now...

aikim], I don't know what to tell you. I've looked around the admin portion of this board, and can't find anything that could help. I'll keep looking though.

Another show!

Ruth Eckert Hall, Clearwater, FL

November 25. That makes a 3-fer for Florida!

:yahoo: My post box is back. For some reason this morning it was gone and I could not post. Tried logging in and out and that did not work. So that is why no morning post.

Had a library in-service today so I was offline all day. There is a 3rd Florida concert at Ruth Eckard Hall..I am still waiting for one in my area..come on Clay..this is all I got this year!

Kim

• Like 1