# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Good Morning! Just popping by to see if anyone is going to the gala. I bought myself a last minute ticket when it occurred to me that since we are on a 2 week road trip holiday in the U.S. (just kind of wandering here and there)....might as well wander on down to Charlotte and go see Clay. It's been a few years since I've been to a gala, so I'm pretty excited! I'll be going alone unless I can convince my husband this is something he wants to do. Right now there is a seat open next to me in the balcony...he still has a chance. I am so glad I kept the room I booked at the Marriott when the gala was first announced. We'll be staying there, so if anyone sees me, wave hello! We are arriving from Asheville on the 11th.

• Like 1

OMG after posting about being in the balcony, I went searching through my emails for my gala tickets to print them, and came up empty. Apparently I never received them. Luckily, I was able to log into the site (after retrieving my password) and do the "chat with an agent" option and get them resent just now. So happy I remembered now and not next week!

It made me really smile to see that tweet. :)

Well I would love to be at the Gala but timing and finances make it impossible this year.

Woohoo! Another tweet from Clay -- and congratulations to Nick!

She said YES! Congrats to @NickLeisey and his fiancée, Courtney! pic.twitter.com/Dt3i3t8NnG

BVxVBPZIUAA6X7U_zps23ead110.jpg

And via the CH, from Twitter:

Carolyn Beezley @CarolynMerlin

@qparler Have you guys heard anything about the radio show or can you say?

4:30 PM - 3 Oct 13

Quiana Parler @qparler

@CarolynMerlin hey. Keep your fingers crossed.

8:29 AM - 4 Oct 13

• Like 1

Well I would love to be at the Gala but timing and finances make it impossible this year.

Kim - that's my problem! Family event that I didn't know about when I bought the ticket.

And I thought I was getting off easy getting the $75 ticket!

Then my daughter and SIL want me to babysit our grandson - overnight at our house!

It'll be the very first time they will leave him overnight - it's their 11th anniversary. :)

I am willing to donate the ticket if no one else wants it!

I think it only natural that Clay seems to be back in NC. I mean, the Gala is this weekend, right? I'm sure he's very busy trying to get everything together for it! I hope it is wildly successful for the Project.

I'm looking forward to reports from both Friday and Saturday evening. Oooo, that reminds me -- better tell hubby that I'll be holed up with my computer both those nights.

Anyone going want to give me a call/text me/FB me/tweet me during or after both nights?

I'm still very zen at the moment about everything going on. This, to me, feels like a combo of 2006 and 2008 -- the uncertainty of what's going to happen next combined with the reactions (IMO over-reactions) of fans to what he's said. However, I believe Clay will be happy, and so I'm going to stick with that!

I can text you on Friday night goings on ldyj. I still have your phone #, unless you have an iphone. I found out yesterday that some iphones only get texts from other iphones. I can text my son on his iphone but not his girlfriend on her iphone. May be her setting or her provider. PM me if you changed your number in the last few years.

Yikes, it sure is quiet around here! We have decided to leave tomorrow after work and stop in Ohio for the night. That way, we should be in to Charlotte Friday at a decent hour. Not sure what we'll do all day Saturday until gala, but hopefully eat some yummy food and sight see. :)