#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Scarlett - I clicked on the Easy Downloader button, and got an exe file. Does that work only for that particular file, or do I have to download that every time?

ETA: Okay, it says I successfully downloaded it. So where is it? :lilredani:

061215_WestPoint_AltoidsEatMeBinocsJesseLikesKellyBanter_Scarlett_XViD.avi.torre

t.exe < this is what I downloaded and ran, and it said successfully downloaded, but I can't find it. ACCK!!!

Okay, nebbermind. I found it. Doh! The exe creates a folder in Program Files. But can somebody tell me a bit more about what I downloaded? I used GetRight, and it says I am sharing the file with other 'peers'. Am I? Does it do this in the background if so? Have I exposed my 'puter without realizing it? Help!

And now I downloaded another file - it went right to GetRight this time, but now I have two files

061216_RedBank_MGUCL_Solo&Scarlett.avi

061216_RedBank_MGUCL_Solo%26Scarlett.avi.torrent <do I need to keep this one?

And may I just add... *whimper* OMG, this is some stunning video. GAH. He's so beautiful and brave and I love this song. I don't care if it's July, I'm BLASTING it right now. Thank you so much!

edited yet again to add: Clayzor, if you watched what I just watched, you wouldn't ask 'why'. :Thud: Lawd Jesus, he's beautiful. The video is so sharp and clear. Wonderful!

Edited by cindilu2

Scarlett thanks for the heads up about the XVID files. I hate to, unknowingly, click on a video to watch and it turns out to be an xvid. I find that a lot of the videos at the Clackhouse are in this format. It messes up my computer big time. Takes me forever to correct it again. I don't know what you need to have, in order to play those type videos, but apparently I don't have it. I don't understand why fans use that format. Is there advantages to it or something. I'm clueless. LOL I don't think I am the only fan who has a problem with xvid, though, so I'm not the only clueless one. I watch most of my Clack at Pax's site. I never have a problem there.

keepingfaith, ice cream is why I'm having to diet. Ice cream, cake, cookies, pies, pastries. It's my weakness and I can't believe I don't weigh 350 lbs.

HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL THE CANADIANS.

Must. Get. Serious. About. Gathering. Tour. Stuff. Today.

:TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

061216_RedBank_MGUCL_Solo&Scarlett.avi

061216_RedBank_MGUCL_Solo%26Scarlett.avi.torrent <do I need to keep this one?

And may I just add... *whimper* OMG, this is some stunning video. GAH. He's so beautiful and brave and I love this song. I don't care if it's July, I'm BLASTING it right now. Thank you so much!

Ok, now you got me curious. I clicked on the easy downloader one and it prompted me to install something, so I did. Now I appear to be downloading the avi, so YAY! From what it's telling me, I only had to install that exe once, and from now on I can just click on the torrent file instead. Is that right? [/torrent virgin]

ETA: Wow. What a gorgeous piece of clack (and man, does it sound good on my noise-cancelling headphones!) Thank you.

Edited by luckiest1

8_4_103.gif

Hmmm - a different performance time (Mmmmm, more Clay)

After the game, Clay Aiken and the Philharmonic Orchestra will perform at Pizza Hut Park from 8 to 9:45 p.m

Back to laundry (also washing all the curtains in my over windowed house, heh - beautiful breezy cool sunny day.

Edited by playbiller

Hi All.

I'm Lindsay, luckiest1's daughter. She seems pretty excited about this little game of hers, so here I am joining in. It's all for fun since I could steal whatever I wanted out of her clack keeper at any given time anyways :P Actually, I am pretty sure her clack keeper is full of stolen goods that I lost possession of while I wasn't looking *g*

Back to the game - here are my picks. Definitely a fantasy set, for sure. In fact some of it is just downright silly. :Tour3:

Affirmation (Opener)

Shine

Measure Of A Man

A Thousand Days

These Open Arms

Everything I Have

Alone

Somewhere Out There

She Said Yes

Without You (Kim & Clay. :Thud: )

Tears Run Dry

Kyrie

All About Love

Seasons of Love (Cause the Rent junkie in me would die ten times over. Maybe more. Wishful thinking, I know.)

Lover All Alone (Closer)

Edited by crimsonice

Whew! I was trying not to get all freaked out every time I read about somebody else getting their San Diego tix...whew!

SPeaking of which..time to work on my spreadsheet. I swear I had to think long and hard the other day about where all my tickets are. heee

I think I'll now have ice cream at 1 in the a.m. Everyone seems to have been on a diet in preparation for the concerts ... but I've been eating more than usual for a few weeks now. I am predictable. When I'm down and blue, I can't eat a bite. Nothing. A normal day I watch what I eat. But when I'm really really happy and excited, I say "Hell yeah, I want whipped cream on that!" The extra rich kind.

heeee... well I eat when I'm stressed so no matter how hard I try..I can do well all day but at 9pm I'll usually go for whatever that comfort food is.

Hi All.

I'm Lindsay, luckiest1's daughter. She seems pretty excited about this little game of hers, so here I am joining in. It's all for fun since I could steal whatever I wanted out of her clack keeper at any given time anyways :P Actually, I am pretty sure her clack keeper is full of stolen goods that I lost possession of while I wasn't looking *g*

Bwah..Welcome Crimsonice and Lucky...you need a new hiding place!!

Happy Canada day. What do you Canadians typically do on this day.

Happy Canada day. What do you Canadians typically do on this day.

Ummm, some sit around and drink beer. Lots watch the fireworks tonight. Personally, I vote for stay in my pajamas all day and watch clack. ;) It's working for me so far......

Hey, crimsonice! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Nice setlist. You are just bitter that I stole your IT poster. *scurries off to find a better hiding place for the rest of the preciousssssssss*

Edited by luckiest1

OK - I'll play!

1. Solitaire (Opening)

2. Without You

3. Everything I Do

4. Because You Loved Me

5. Right Here Waiting

6. Broken Wings

7. Here You Come Again

8. Invisible

9. A Thousand Days

10. I Want To Know What Love Is

11. Run To Me

12. Moon River

13. Lover All Alone

14. A medley of some kind

15. Bridge Over Troubled Water (Closing)

Actually -- I think he's going to have more songs in there that we haven't heard. I don't expect a lot of the same covers he did in past concerts, because I think he'll want to sing fresh material. However, I do expect covers. And at most -- one or two new songs for consideration on the new album. And I think that medley may have some unusual choices.

Personally, I believe he's going to surprise most of us.

Edited by JennaZ

I've been trying to think of some songs to put down to join in and play this little game.

First I had to go back and look up the rules. Then I had to go and order my DCAT t-shirts... (I got scoop-neck plus size)

While I was doing that I decided to order a Harry Potter shirt too, since next week the movie comes out!

We bought tix to the IMax theatre near here to see it on Thursday! I'm so excited!

Here's what I came up with - if anyone is interested in having the file for your own shirt - let me know!

dieVdie-sm.jpg

I made it with a transparent background, but with the white letters, I put the black behind it so you can see it! I made one on a black shirt.

Now I have to find a quiet time to think about the set list for Frisco.

I've had this vision of him coming out singing "Moon River" - but what I've really wanted him to sing is "Somebody To Love" - but that is not necessarily an orchestra piece.

My brain is still fried from all the stress of the past few weeks (and days!).

:TourExcite: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :DoClay: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :TourExcite:

Edited by cha cha trusty

I laid in bed this morning staring at the ceiling until a list of 15 songs magically appeared up there for me. I told myself I wasn't getting up until I had something. So here's what was written on my ceiling a little while ago:

Invisible (Opener)

The Way

Perfect Day

Here You Come Again

These Open Arms

Lonely No More

Because You Loved Me

I Want To Know What Love Is

Everything I Have

Without You

A Thousand Days

Broken Wings

These Open Arms

Right Here Waiting

Lover All Alone

WOW! There isn't much gambling there is there? I'm wondering if the special project might involve an arangement of patriotice music for the 4th....destined to become a classice and all that. Oh, maybe not......hmmmmm, on this one.

There was video that magically appeared on my bedroom ceiling, too, but since the iHOP down the street is still full of churchgoers having their Sunday brunch, I'll save that description for later.

Welcome, Crimsonice!

cha cha, I'm glad your daughters are okay. I followed the link you posted yesterday, what an awesome adventure for them both.

I'll be at the Magnolia in Houston on the 5th and the 6th but I read somewhere that people are gathering informally at the bar in the Hyatt on Thursday night. Any of youz guyz going to be there? I was thinking of trucking on down there with some folks if that was the case. For a late night hunk of something yummy, it wil be off to House of Pies! Funny how when I mentioned House of Pies to everyone, not one person said they weren't interested. I've only been to the one on Westheimer, and I know there's one on Kirby, that would be closer to downtown right?

:TourExcite:

Actually -- I think he's going to have more songs in there that we haven't heard. I don't expect a lot of the same covers he did in past concerts, because I think he'll want to sing fresh material. However, I do expect covers. And at most -- one or two new songs for consideration on the new album. And I think that medley may have some unusual choices.

Personally, I believe he's going to surprise most of us.

I totally agree - I think he's got lots of tricks up his sleeve, and we probably won't predict many (if any) of them.

BTW I think you have ATD listed twice....and did you want to have BOTW as your guess for closing song? Thanks.

:fca: I just committed to plane & hotel tickets for Las Vegas in November. :scream:

While I was doing that I decided to order a Harry Potter shirt too, since next week the movie comes out!

We bought tix to the IMax theatre near here to see it on Thursday! I'm so excited!

Clay AND new Harry Potter movie in same week? Zowie!! :RedGuy:

I hope I get to see it before the end of summer, but I may be a little busy staring at my computer for some reason over the next two months. But I love HP books & films. They do a darn good job translating the story as written to the screen. Even if they do omit on average a 1/4 of the written story. :allgood:

I hope Clay has been focused on rehearsing these past few days and not too distracted by his new "iLady" ;)

Clay, no more RIFP!! K?

Welcome to crimsonice. You have a neat mom.

luckiest1, I tried doing what you did. I also tried downloading a codec, keepingfaith was kind enough to send me a link to. However, I had no luck. I still can't get them to play, and have to shut down my computer and go change my settings to get it back to normal again. Xvids mess up my screen resolutions. No matter what I try to do. I just can't get them to play. Maybe it has something to do with me using Mozilla Firefox. Or else I have something wrong with my computer that won't allow it to work right for me. I understand the quality is awesome and I wish I could view them. I can't, though, and it frustrates me. Thanks for trying to help me keepingfaith.

ChaCha I'm glad your daughters are safe. What they are doing sounds interesting.

ETA: Yep Clay only has 3 more days until tour starts. I bet he has been practicing, some, treenuts............BUT, taking long breaks in between songs to play with his new toy. I'd like to play with his toy. :eusa_whistle:

Edited by Clayzorback

Cha Cha..wanted to saw WOW about your daughters. I'm so glad I asked. Every time you posted about them goign to Ecuado, you seemed a little fearful. I was wondering why. I used to work for an adventure travel company so hearing about all sorts of exotic places was the norm for me. But tagging bears? Hmmm hee. No wonder. What a wonderful thing they are doing. You must be proud even if you worry.

Now why do I get a knot in my stomach when I read this?

http://www.raleighchronicle.com/2007063001.html

Just one of those, "God, I wish they wouldn't have" moments of mine. I could be wrong (hoping, praying) but I don't know. It feels wrong when the headline reads the way this one does and I'm still not crazy about them using his silhouette. There's something about using his name/image to sell tickets to curious fans that screams of "tabloid tactics". I wish at times this fandom weren't so "transparent"!

Does this make any sense to anyone but me?

I wouldn't mind if this were a project that Clay endorsed; had a positive message for young people; Clay and his charities of choice would financially benefit from it....and so on. We shall see I suppose.

(insert little "shrugging shoulders" guy here)

Quote:

ETA: Yep Clay only has 3 more days until tour starts. I bet he has been practicing, some, treenuts............BUT, taking long breaks in between songs to play with his new toy. I'd like to play with his toy.

Eehhmmm.....clazor, do you think his "toy" could handle both of us cause I wanna play too!

Silly question I know ;)

Edited by treenuts

Hey, I'm looking forward to the play. Some Clay fans have seen it already and they didn't seem bent out of shape. I know some FCAers are going. CG and Play..Scarlett aren't you going too? Anyway, it's good publicity for Clay even if every single syllable isn't glowing. And the tabloids will have fun as they always do but they will do that even if Clay is walking across the street drinking a soda. It's all good.

Hey, I'm looking forward to the play. Some Clay fans have seen it already and they didn't seem bent out of shape. I know some FCAers are going. CG and Play..Scarlett aren't you going too? Anyway, it's good publicity for Clay even if every single syllable isn't glowing.

-------------

You may be right......I HOPE you're right. But I will have some angst until I see how it plays out.

And the tabloids will have fun as they always do but they will do that even if Clay is walking across the street drinking a soda.

.....and scratching his crotch :whistling-1:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for the wandering warriors....... :RedGuy:

It's not the bears that scare me tho, apparently they are very shy, and are apt to run away.... it's the high altitude, rain forest environment, and various other things like camping out in the mud and stuff. But you're right - I am extremely proud of them!!

I decided to make it clickable - this leads to a huge file suitable for putting on a shirt!

dieVdie-sm100.jpg

btw - the Harry Potter movie is sort of more like next week - the 11th :medium-smiley-070:

THREE MORE DAYS!!!

:Tour3: ..... :Tour3: ..... :Tour3:..... :Tour3:..... :Tour3:

OK as someone who has not read one word of Harry Potter or seen one movie..the only thing I know about Voldemort is that it was Clay's nickname on TWOP during the phase when you couldn't mention his name wihtout fear of being banned. So he bcame Voldemort or he who could not be named. Wait, that is from Harry Potter isn't it?

OK as someone who has not read one word of Harry Potter or seen one movie..the only thing I know about Voldemort is that it was Clay's nickname on TWOP during the phase when you couldn't mention his name wihtout fear of being banned. So he bcame Voldemort or he who could not be named. Wait, that is from Harry Potter isn't it?

Hahaha..... yep, that's from HP.

What is TWOP? (pardon my extreme ignorance)

I can't come up with songs. I can't decide. LOL Story of my life.

I'm guessing that the opening will be a song we've never heard and will set the tone... it'll be upbeat and a cover of something like I dunno...

I Believe In Love, Kenny Loggins

Otherwise, I have no freaking idea, but I can't wait to find out!

I'm thoroughly enjoying this Concert for Diana on VH1. Will Young is like a little Robbie. I might have to love him. I didn't know Andrea Bocelli was blind. What rock do I live under? And God Bless Rod Stewart... he's just forever young... heh. And look, they're all backed by symphonies. LOL

I cleaned my house yesterday - like top-of-the-fridge clean. Yay!!

Any of you locals wanna come over on the 4th and play Clay and Fireworks? We have an awesome fireworks show in town - walking distance. I didn't invite my "real life" friends this year because I don't think I can explain my need to be at my computer for a couple of hours to listen to Clay in Frisco... :lol: It feels weird that nobody's coming over... Anyone wanna partay?

Couchie...I've never done any Harry Potter stuff either. WooT, there are two of us in the wide world.

:allgood:

Awesome trip your kids are on Chach! I'm jellus!

Everything you wanted to know about Voldermont, but really don't.

I am looking forward to the play, I am looking forward to the concert.

Not getting much done, seem to have had a relapse - must be better in 2 days. Must be! I thinkit is that I left my acidophilus at the beach and had to go and buy somemore and start taking it again. And lots of natural yougurt.

Edited by playbiller

Heck, if I was in NYC, I'd see that Idol musical in a New York minute. It sounds like fun to me!

I'm really looking forward to both the new Harry Potter movie and book, but they are both going to have to wait until after my NY 3fer and the Sterling Heights concert. Maybe I can fit them in before I jump back in the car to drive to NC on August 8th......:lol:

I forgot all about the concert for Diana today, and I don't get VH1 anyways. Maybe I can catch any highlights on YouTube tomorrow (hopefully!)

Thanks, Luckiest, for mentioning the duplicate songs on my list. I've revised it to add a new song.

The thing is, I think almost any song can be arranged for an orchestra, which means that almost any song can show up. I suspect we'll see a lot of new (to us) material.

I envy all of you going to Houston, because it's my hometown and I can't be there. (My parents are visiting me here in California.) I know House of Pies. I remember Jones Hall. I could have helped show people around. But alas, it was not to be. (Sigh!)