#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

I like to think of us as a flock following our shepherd. I luv ewe Mr. Aiken.

Is that a staff in your pocket or are you just...... :)

Funneeee, treenuts. I love a good laugh in the morning!!

And also by the walk down memory lane. Up 'til now I've been thinking something to do with AI, but now I'm wondering if it could be something to do with tours gone by? Wednesday evening can't come fast enough.
I must have speculated about every song he ever sang two bars of publicly, but then realized the stroll down memory lane could be any songs from the past. But honestly, the first thing that came to my mind was Always and Forever -- that is one huge song for him that I've never heard him sing other than on the AI audition. I've also thought back to the demos that had big orchestra backup, like Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, and a few others.

But ... if Clay Aiken ever sings He's Not Heavy, He's My Brother ... I'll just DIE!!!!! He has the perfect voice for that song and I think it has a Clay vibe to it. Or ... The Air That I Breathe ... Oh my God he's going to have to sing for another 50 years minimum to get in all the songs I want to hear on top of the original songs he'll sing. Which means I need to check into some life extension programs.

But ... if Clay Aiken ever sings He's Not Heavy, He's My Brother ... I'll just DIE!!!!! He has the perfect voice for that song and I think it has a Clay vibe to it. Or ... The Air That I Breathe ... Oh my God he's going to have to sing for another 50 years minimum to get in all the songs I want to hear on top of the original songs he'll sing. Which means I need to check into some life extension programs.

Hee, we used to discuss the songs we'd love to hear him sing ad nauseum, in the early days. We finally decided he really just needed to sing every song that has ever been written and recorded, to satisfy us all. I agree with you on He's Not Heavy....what a great song, and one that Clay would kill on!

I love your enthusiasm. I truly wish I was attending your first concert with you! I'll be waiting anxiously for your recap....it's sure to be out of this world!

So I'm sitting here, merrily making plans to go out for lunch with an old co-worker today, when it hit me that I need to be at my desk at 1 pm EDT today for Merrillville presales! Yikes! So we're going early. I lied and said I had a business meeting. ;)

ETA: Am I the only one struggling with extra white space? I have to post my responses then immediately go back in and edit them to get rid of it. It's driving me nuts!

Edited by luckiest1

treenuts you are a hoot. I hope you get your avi made. I have a ton of those animated avis in my photobucket, but no time right now to post them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GEORGIA CLAY..............

ldyjocelyn, Shanks sounds like a good one. Of course I thought all the "insiders" have already determined that David Foster is the savior Clay needs for his career. :cryingwlaughter:

couchie I absolutely agree 100 % with your post. I have been making requests :eusa_whistle: that Clay do exactly that. I understand why he quit posting blogs very often. His words got twisted and taken out of context and it was enough to drive everyone bat shitty. I think for awhile he just said to hell with the fans, I aint telling them nuttin anymore. However I am glad to see he wised up. When he tells his fans what is going on it does stop the stupid rumors, speculation, and the stupid censorship that get certain factions fighting with each other in the fandom. It takes their platform away, to continue spouting their garbage and angsting up the fandom. Getting threads closed etc. I hope he continues doing this.

rcknrllmom, cindi, YSRN, and all the others, thanks for posting all the avis.

Yep, keepingfaith is not going to know what hit her in Frisco. Wish I could be there to see her face.

Clay live is, well, just the ultimate climax. Be sure to pack several underwear changes................ :eusa_whistle:

I like your song selections for Clay. He could sing the very last ounce of emotion into them both.

GeorgiaClay!!! where are you girl???

:00003653:

a little admin note:

We have been getting a rash of spam bots trying to register. Most of the time we catch them before they can post but when they register early in the morning they can post some spam before we can delete them. To avoid this we changed the registration procedure. The admins will have to approve each registration first before they can become full members. We are still an open board but we simply need to make sure that its a live person registering. We will try to make the validating process as fast as possible. So for lurkers that wish to join the board we will need some answers to the homeboard question. If you are not part of a board just say so in the appropriate field.

I am really excited because after an endless parade of spam bots we approved two new members this morning MyZiggy and Goldarngirl...so welcome to our newest members.

If for some reason someone gets rejected as a member...try and contact me or the other two admins, Couchie and ldyjocelyn...its possible we simply thought you were a spambot...but we do take the time to make sure they are not legitimate Clay fans before deleting them.

I am really excited because after an endless parade of spam bots we approved two new members this morning MyZiggy and Goldarngirl...so welcome to our newest members.

Welcome MyZiggy and Goldarngirl. Don't feel shy about jumping into the conversation!

"Out! Out! Damned, spambots!" (tm Lady Macbeth)

keepingfaith, I'll be sure to look for you in Frisco 'coss I want to watch the spontaneous combustion! :Tour3:

Welcome, goldarngirl and MyZiggy! Hope you like it here. I rarely bite.

So....today is a momentous day at Casa Muski. The contractor is supposed to be repairing the walls damaged and putting up new drywall. We're having him reinstall the downstairs toilet, but not the sink or vanity. We're having him reinstall the washer and dryer even though we haven't put a new floor in either the bathroom or laundry area. The toilet and washer/dryer, however, MUST return!

AND! The water heater guy is supposed to be installing a new water heater when the contractor is out of the little cubby where it goes. We're just going to have to wait on re-flooring for a while. So in the dining room and kitchen, we'll be looking at ye olde harvest gold patterned linoleum of the late sixties-seventies--cracked here and there. In the half bath and laundry, ya gotchure good ole concrete slab.

Yessiree, we at Casa Muski know decorating. :lilredani: Martha Who?

But at least we'll have hot water to wash our bodies and our clothes and our dishes. 'Course, don't know when we'll do that since we have three softball games tomorrow and two on Sunday.

Claygasm, tickets you say? Tickets? What tickets? (Muski taps foot and whistles, waiting to hear the thud of CG fainting from across the continent... :whistling-1: )

Speaking of tickets, I still have one kickass ticket for sale for Frisco if anyone's in need. PM me for details...

And by the way, :F_05BL17blowkiss: to YSRN for all those gifs...and to cindilu. I LOVE that transformation one from AI CLay to TITN 'Lost" video Clay! And have always loved the one where he looks like he's going to gobble up KLo! :cryingwlaughter:

birthday12.gifGeorgia Clay

The D'CAT pin has arrived! EEEEEEEE

OH, I forgot to add my sympathy to Texans. I hope verything stops soon. It seems like this weather is between Dallas and Tulsa. 19 inches in 6 hours is unbelievable.

Edited by playbiller

I'm just getting caught up, and noticed this:

It just.... unfurls. :hubbahubba:

tongue4.gif

Oh! Oh! That's from the Denver 2005 JNT, and I was there!!! Clay did that right after he sang "A hug is warmer when you're in it" and hugged the pretty female dancer on stage. What was her name? I can't remember anymore!

GoldarnGirl - I'm so happy to see you here!!!

Hee - we got that tongue in Toronto too (though he wasn't talking about anything so nice as warm hugs (and hot keyboard players) this time.

TOtongue.jpg

I don't have an ani for it though, sadly.

Kicks stoopid spambots.... PPPFFFTTTT to you.

I'm home from work today, helping to get ready for my nephew's graduation party tomorrow, so I was able to get my mail in the middle of the day. I got my pins too! It's kinda freaky that those little brown envelopes are getting delivered from California to states so far apart all on the same day. Thanks Couchie and cindilu2 and everyone else who did work on the pins!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Sooooo.....no one's got the M&G email yet? :cryingwlaughter:

Wheeeeee! Our group bought tickets to the Merrillville Christmas concert today. Just so happy that we'll be in the building! *insert Happy Happy Joy Joy Christmas Tour emoticon here*

Okay, I gotta join in posting some ani's. I have a ton of them. Here are just a few, to help rev up even more excitement about Concert!Clay!!! Oh, and I love the morph ani, and the football-throwing one, too, so I had to include them (you might need to wait a bit for all of them to load):

WDCGrind.gif

sway.gif

post-98-1113013570.gif

blowingakiss.gif

bigbadman.gif

armflailing.gif

AI3_Fantasy_Flick.gif

aamorph-OMG-MORPH.gif

60secsjkgif-1.gif

ETA: There are a whole bunch more concert ani's I want to post, but I'll wait until a few more posts take us to another page. Otherwise it will take forever for the page to load!

Edited by Gibby

Got my pins! love love em....good thing hubby didnt get the mail....they were addressed to him! rotflmao!

oops sorry about that...I thought I changed the name on the spreadsheet.

so is it Totally's B'day too???

:00003653:

Does anyone have experience with Comcast? Comcast just took over for Time-Warner here. Supposed to be seamless they said .... but today I get a call from home saying that the high-speed wireless internet connection is down -- both computers.

So I call the local number for Comcast, but it's one of those fast busy signals for 20 minutes, so I call on my cell phone and get "Call Failed - Number Busy" .... so then I call the 1-800 number, which answers, puts me on hold, and then informs me that because of the high volume of calls they're going to have to let me go -- please try back later.

I can understand connectivity issues in the flooded areas of Texas, but we are high and dry and hot here ... so I don't get it.

With several years of Time-Warner there was never a time when they couldn't handle the volume of calls, even during hurricane season!

I hope Comcast doesn't make me conniption fit-thowing pissed at a time like this.

Clay live is, well, just the ultimate climax. Be sure to pack several underwear changes................

Maybe she is going to do a Britney!!!!

:cryingwlaughter::clap: Good one. LOL

Wheeeeeeeee! goldarngirl is here! :F_05BL17blowkiss: And welcome to MyZiggy, too!

Yes welcome to the newbies. I recognize Goldarngirl as luckiest1's montage cohort. Good job!

Sooooo.....no one's got the M&G email yet? :cryingwlaughter:

Wheeeeee! Our group bought tickets to the Merrillville Christmas concert today. Just so happy that we'll be in the building! *insert Happy Happy Joy Joy Christmas Tour emoticon here*

I'm glad you got tickets lucky. I know you will have fun............This tour better get here soon, because I am starving to death on my Clay Diet.

No pins in my mail today and no T-Shirt either. What have I done to anger the Gods? What what what...I ask you!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TOTALLY..................

I'm going out on a limb and guess Walter Afanasieff as Clay's new producer. :cryingwlaughter: .............He did the best songs on Clay's MCWL cd, IMHO. If I could pick the producer for him, I would choose Mutt Lange. Hands down.

I found this article interesting about how music is being made today.

http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_walter_afan...ning/index.html

Oops....I see keepingfaith is having a meltdown. {{{hugs}}} I have no experience with Comcast but I hope the problem resolves itself soon. I wouldn't want to be in your path, when you are having a hissing fit.

Edited by Clayzorback

Well, finally got someone to answer at the 800 number and she tells me that internet is down over the entire state of Texas. Okay. That could account for the high volume of calls. Then she tell me that they are trying to identify the problem, but that it could be 24-48 hours until it's back up ... although they hope blahdy blahdy blah.

It seems to me that if the system is down over the entire state, it should be easier to identify the problem ... but what do I know??? Once I go home this evening I'm on vacation til July 10th so if you guys don't hear from me for a couple of days, you'll know why and that maybe it's not a complete meltdown on my part ... but that Comcast has technicians who probably couldn't find their own asses with both hands and a flashlight.

In the meantime, I picked up a Houston Press today and found this in there .... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Clay-SummerintheCity.jpg

mmmmmmmmmm, I love seeing his hands in his pockets. :whistling-1:

goldarngirl!!! Welcome aboard. :clap: I love your montages!!!!!

Edited by keepingfaith