#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

I don't have my player at work, so I can't answer the first 12/ top 10 question yet. But I just have to say to anybody who likes raspy voiced men singing catchy ballads, find and download Bulletproof by Jim Cuddy/Blue Rodeo. FLOVE this song. Would kill to hear Clay sing it, but I gotta say I love it just like it is.

I am a fan of Josh Grobin (one and only music DVD I own. TEAM CLAY IF YOU'RE LURKING WHERE IS THE $*@#^#*$^ CONCERT DVD, HUH????? but I digress....). I think he has a wonderful voice (and his song For Always (pure schmaltz but I'm a sap) even inspired my one and only fanfic) and from what I've heard/read is a nice guy. His voice is beautiful and so well suited to the popera sound, but I don't care for much of his 'outside his lane' stuff. Which brings me to why I love Clay so much. The guy can sing absolutely anything. And bar none, nobody has ever had the visceral effect on me that Clay does. I don't just hear his voice, I feel it. There are some words, some notes that I have to stop and listen to, no matter what I'm doing. (Can make for dangerous driving sometimes. Heh.) And I felt that long before I ever 'fell' for him. Before I knew what he could really do with a microphone and stage, or a tug of his shirt. The man is magical. He spoils me for other singers.

OMG ldyjocelyn...I thought there was something wrong with my computer...hee

well my ipod is sick...so I have to used my WMP first 12...

and I always use shuffle so I don;t have a top 10...

18wheeler ... pink

21 things I want in a lover ....alanis Morisette

50, 60, 70, 80, 90 medley JBT...Clay (put this in a group or else will dominate the list)

100 years ... five for fighting

321 .... Headley

1985.... Bowling for soup

The abduction... Man from La Mancha

Above you, Below Me ... Badly Drawn Boy

absence of fear...Jewel

absolutely...Nine days

Acoustic set Columbus ...Clay

across the Universe ... Beatles

this is interesting...I like seeing what others have cos I am reminded of artist I like...and songs I heard before.

I do like a lot of the songs my girls listen too...except for the hip hop. But I like the punk and alt rock groups they listen to like fall out boys, All america Rejects, simple plan, and the artists like taylo swift, Avril, Some of Fergie's and Gwen's are nice.

But recently I discovered Keane because of AI6, Trading yesterday because of Kelly...Robin Thicke ...because of AI6.

eta: play...ldyjocelyn and CG do not use mp3s so their playlist are empty...yup it stumped me too... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Interesting...I just clicked on Party Shuffle on my iTunes here at work and these are the first 12:

Scenes From a Coffeehouse---Blessed Union of Souls

Across the Lines--Tracey Chapman

Right Here Waiting---Clay

Blackbird/Yesterday---Beatles

Not Supposed to Love You Anymore--Clay

My Girl---Clay

While My Guitar Gently Weeps---Beatles (waves to Claygasm)

A THousand Days---Clay

These Dreams of You---Van Morrison

Layla---Eric Clapton

A Broken Wing---Martina MacBride

Dog and Butterfly---Heart

While My Guitar Gently Weeps---Beatles (waves to Claygasm)

My favorite!!!!!! One of George's masterpieces!!

I want an iPod. **stomps foot and pouts unattractively**

I love hearing what other people are listening too. It always makes me want to check out the ones I don't know.

OK, here's my first 12 on my iPod:

And here are my top 10:

I think my list matches Claygasm's!

Wow! They do match mine to a T! What are the odds! :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: As to the weather in Frisco next week..... Don't know how reliable this is but it is sure different than what the person at teh OFC posted!

Weather.com 10-day Forecast

:clap: Good one................. :cryingwlaughter: That's my list too..........

The weather for Tulsa on July 6th is supposed to be sunny and in the high 80's. Don't know what Saturday will be. I only got for the next 10 days.

Here are the first twelve listings in my iTunes library, in alphabetical order.
Heee! My turn:

1st ten in iTunes library:

100 Years - Five For Fighting

A Groovy Kind of Love - Phil Collins

A Piece Of Sky / Yentl - Barbra Streisand

A Thousand Days - Clay

A World Away - Avalon

Addicted - Enrique Eglasias

Addicted - Kelly Clarkson

All About Love - Steven Curtis Chapman

All Around The World - Oasis

Top Ten Played:

Dreaming My Dreams With You - Alison Krauss

Taken - Plumb

Run To Me - Clay

Here You Come Again - Clay

Did It In A Minute - Hall and Oates

Beautiful Disaster - Jon McLaughlin

I'm Doin Alright - JoDee Messina

There You'll Be - Faith Hill

Far Away - Nickelback

Here Without You - 3 Doors Down

and my iTunes Party Shuffle:

Everlasting Love - Gloria Estefan

Still In Love - Brian McKnight

If You Don't Know Me by Now - Clay Aiken

Somewhere In Between - Lifehouse

This Kiss - Faith Hill

That's The Way It Is - Celine Dion

It's In His Kiss - Vonda Shephard

Yeah - Usher

Everytime We Say Goodbye - Simply Red

I've Got You - Marc Anthony

this is fun!

Downloading: Limewire and occasionally iTunes

Gotta run! I'm off for a haircut and other such pretty'ing up before next week!

Edited by PuddinsJoy

Sorry if my little joke confused anyone.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think one of the reasons I've resisted doing much with iTunes is that if I DID start, I'd probably never stop! And then I'd be in massive debt, and that would not be good. (Yeah, I know...limewire, etc. I just feel kinda skeevy getting my music that way....)

I guess I really need to push for that iPod or mp3 player for my birthday present, eh?

ETA: I think one of the good things to come out of this "buying a song at a time" thing is that we CAN be so diverse in our musical tastes. I'm wondering if muski will back me up here with this statement -- I really think back in the days of AM radio, radio was much more open to all different styles of music on ONE radio station. That simply isn't the case today -- everything is so compartmentalized. But yet, looking over others playlists, I find a mix of pop, rock, R&B, musicals, and country, among others. There's no radio station that will play that. As I said, that is a good thing, IMO.

I keep thinking about the opening of the upcoming tour, and what he'll do. I still think that his opening song is going to be RHW (although I've been known to be wrong). What I can't figure out yet is what his encore song will be. I think he could go two ways, based on past history. IT, NAT, and JNT2006: he ended with big, bombastic stuff -- so that to me suggests WY. But the other two JNT's were Good News -- soft, contemplative. If he goes that way, I can see him finishing the show with LAA, just him, Jesse on the piano, and a solo cello player.

Either way -- I'm totally pumped for this tour!

ldyj, but what I love about the ipod the most is that every album I have already can be put into it. Before the ipod, all of my favorite music was collecting dust. It's not just for new downloads.If you have an extensive CD collection, you can have it at your fingertips. I left my ipod at home but you'll see my top ten favorites are all old school, right off my dusty CD racks.

Edited to remove my real name...I can edit other admins, can't I?

I LOVE seeing what y'all have on your iPods! I lost my play count when I transferred my songs to a new computer, but I recall that my most frequently played song was "Back For More." My latest shuffle:

Breakfast at Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something

Because You Loved Me - Clay Aiken

Annie's Song - John Denver

Beautiful Boy - John Lennon

Invincible - Pat Benatar

Swing, Swing - All American Rejects

Rich Girl - Gwen Stefani & Eve

Univited - Alanis Morissette

Crazy - Gnarls Barkley

Be My Baby - The Ronettes

Fernando - ABBA

Kiss From A Rose - Seal

For those of you who don't have mp3 players, I'd still love to know what songs you listen to (aside from Clay's).

It's fun to see the commonalities. 1985, Ansa! I also have a lot of Pink, Alannis, and Gwen. We must have similar tastes. Muski - A Broken Wing. I downloaded that after hearing Jordin sing it on American Idol. Was that your experience? Puddins, I also love Phil Collin's version of "A Groovy Kind of Love." I think I'll have to download that one, sometime.

TEAM CLAY IF YOU'RE LURKING

First of: Yikes! Skeery thought.

Secondly, Team Clay if you're lurking around to screen potential M&G winners, please be assured, despite what I might have posted from time to time, I clearly understand that LICKING IS NOT ALLOWED and I can behave appropriately. :P

Mostly.

I'm pretty sure... :unsure:

First 10:

'Way After One And My Daddy Ain't Come Home Yet - Edna Winston

(I'm A) Roadrunner - Junior Walker & The All Stars

(I Don't Want to Go to) Chelsea - Elvis Costello

(I Know) I'm Losing You - Rare Earth

(I Know) I'm Losing You - The Temptations

(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas

(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding

(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes - Elvis Costello

(You've Got) The Magic Touch - The Platters

30 Days in the Hole - Humble Pie

Top 10 (This is somewhat deceptive because I just got the iPod in December (hence AIW up top), and I still play CD's, including burns of various Clay songs. Right now I'm working my way through a Blues playlist on the iPod with over 300 songs on it.)

All is Well - AIW

Christmas Waltz AIW

Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel - AIW

Lover All Alone - ATDW

My Grown Up Christmas List - AIW

I Know How the River Feels - LWLHD

Rain [Live] - Little Charlie & The Nightcats

It Hurts Me Too - Elmore James

All Your Love - Otis Rush

Lonely No More - ATDW

Couchie, I love transferring old CD's to my Pod. I've purchased relatively little music for my Pod.

I wouldn't pay much attention to 10-day weather forecasts in Texas. In fact, I don't pay much attention to 2-day weather forecasts in Texas. How the lows, if there are any, move around, or stall, or dissipate is impossible to forecast. Sometimes, like NOW in North Texas and the Hill Country, the rain just sits there. I have two granddaughters in Marble Falls -- and so far they aren't flooded, but everything near the creek is, the winery has been destroyed and cars washed away ... and they opened the floodgates at the dam so its a serious situation, especially since more rain is expected tonight. They had 20 inches overnight.

By next week it could be dry as a bone. However, there WILL be mosquitos is any areas where water has pooled. Except for the Hill Country -- too rocky for mosquitos there. And here's one of my photos from South Texas at the Frio River .... only one guess necessary as to why it's called the Frio!

120-2077_img.jpg

ldyjocelyn Yep...I didn't have to go fishing around to find different things on the radio---had a fave station and it wasn't dedicated to one genre of music.

Jenna...that's when I first heard that Martina McBride song--when Jordin sang it...then when I heard Martina sing on AI, I HAD to go find more music from her. Picked four songs and bought from iTunes!

OT: Why can't all the people I deal with in my business be as smart as I am? (snark, fo' sho'! :cryingwlaughter: ) I swear I feel as though this audio visual company guy and I are speaking different languages. I send him a spreadsheet of our A/V needs for the various workshops int he various rooms for the various days and he sends me back a proposal that doesn't reflect the requests--- <_<

3 times.

Good Lord. :what_d_fuck:

Here are the first 10 songs I purchased on iTunes - in June of 2003. The June 20th Rolling Stone cover was my impetus to get started. Still haven't stopped. That first day I, too, went crazy and downloaded 27 songs, including a version of "When I Fall in Love" by the Lettermen with explicit lyrics. The Lettermen? Explicit lyrics? Scratches head in puzzlement.

The Cover of the Rolling Stone - Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show

Walk Like an Egyptian - The Bangles

Piano Man - Billy Joel

The Devil Went Down to Georgia Charlie Daniels

I Fall to Pieces - Patsy Cline

Hotel California - The Eagles

Take it Easy - The Eagles

White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane

Indian Lake - The Cowsills

Proud Mary - Ike and Tina Turner

Party shuffle? (What....I like this game)

Everybody's Got A Story - Amanda Marshall

Across The Universe - Beatles

Writing - Elton John

Bitter End - Dixie Chicks

Just Like Jesse James - Cher

Blue Suede Shoes - John Lennon

Perfect Day - Clay Aiken

Little Drummer Boy - Clay Aiken

I Believe In Love - Ryan Malcolm (Canadian Idol)

Sun King - Beatles

ldyjocelyn, it is so cool when you get your first iPod (or not-an-iPod) and you can methodically go through your entire CD collection, ripping them all to mp3 and filling it up. Wheeeeee!

I luuuuurves Jim Cuddy (of Blue Rodeo). Too Many Hands is one of my favourites. And Bulletproof for sure, as cindilu2 suggested.

Seriously......is it July yet????? :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

Edited by luckiest1

First off I want to send my prayers out to the citizens of two extremely "close to my heart" disaster areas, the fire ravaged South Lake Tahoe and flooded central Texas.

Now, I wanted to bring something over I posted in The News thread cause I have some thoughts on a portion of it.

Courtesy of the CB:

Clay or Ruben? Who will be crowned?

The Herald-Sun

May 18, 2003 : 10:59 pm ET

You can read the entire article there since it's a long ass one so I won't copy it over again here. But I thought it interesting that I have read sooo many comments across the boards in the recent and not so recent past regarding Clay's style/appearance. Such as hair choices & whose to blame sheesh (you name it), clothing choices (color of his vest on JKL, patterns in suits like that he wore at the most recent awards ceremony in NYC, etc) and let's not forget the great debate over the "TEETH" for crying out loud!

There is a lot in the article to remind us all that "this was and is Clay". It's who he has always been. It is what makes him unique and perfectly suited to show business. He's a showman; a quirky and somewhat flamboyant in personality individual. I wish I could say the fans need to embrace him for who he is and what he brings to the table but then I guess we would never have any " diverse discussions" and where's the fun in that! ;)

My husband, the really eclectic music person in my family (I'm just eclectic) has FINALLY started ripping music from CD's using Windows Media Player. So, I'll probably start in with that soon myself -- if I can find the damn time! Of course, this means I won't be starting this project until after August, right? And if I could just dump the job and have someone pay me to, oh say, surf the web and download music, I'd be good to go.

I, of course, really want an iPod, but hubby I think would rather have a non-Apple mp3 player.

Actually, it's interesting -- I have an old 3 CD changer CD stereo in our music room. Well, the CD player is dead -- skips constantly. Hubby and I were at Best Buy a few weeks ago looking to replace it -- and found a great one. What's interesting is that it has an iPod jack, of course, but it also has a USB port, so I could plug a 120 gig hard drive into it with all my Clay music! Hee.

Jenna asked, what am I listening to at the moment? Well, I mentioned Brad Paisley (he's got a new song out called "Online" that's a stitch). I've recently purchased a couple of old kd lang CD's...I love her voice, and would love for her and Clay to get together for a duet. I bought the latest Michael Buble CD...which I don't think is as good as his last one. (And I know I should be ducking at this point, considering how many people do not like him in the Clay Aiken fandom. *g*) I'm really loving the new Paul McCartney CD as well. But my favorite, hands down, right now, is Bruce Springsteen Live in Dublin. I used to HATE Bruce, with a passion. But last year, he released an album called "We Shall Overcome: the Seeger Sessions," which is old folk music with a dixieland/jazz twist. Actually, it's songs some of you might know from grade school music class -- "Erie Canal," "Shenandoah." The live album follows on it, and I think it's FANTASTIC! Talk about a party! What's ironic to me is that I first heard tracks from the Seeger sessions album when I was in Dublin, looking for traditional Irish music! And then he releases an album live in Ireland!

Hasn't the tour started yet? I want it to start now!

treenuts, I agree with your last statements -- but it will unfortunately never happen. Clay fans, IMO, are just too opinionated. It's how they express opinions that frequently causes some problems.

treenuts...there's no link to that article but anyhooo....I've always thought Clay is the one and only Clay. He doesn't change to fit fashion or fad or the coolness factor. He's just who he is and does what he does. To me, he's never given us any reason to think otherwise. And that confidence in his 'trueness' to himself kept me pretty calm through the whole tabloid shit and various media reports of his 'rude' 'diva' behavior to children, etc. I've never felt that he's been duplicitous in representing himself, so when I read or hear something that seems bizarro regarding his behavior or words, I can just roll my eyes comfortably, you know?

He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple.

and one hawt man. :Thud:

I mostly uploaded a ton of cds (including MoaM and MCWL) into the iTunes hard drive, but the first tunes I downloaded were:

Stand Tall -- Burton Cummings

Good Shepherd -- Jefferson Airplane

Cowgirl In The Sand -- Neil Young (4-Way Street)

Cortez The Killer -- Neil Young & Crazy Horse (Live Rust)

You Get What You Give -- New Radicals

I Am a Pilgrim -- The Byrds

Celeste - Donovan

Season of the Witch -- SuperSession (Stills, Kooper, Bloomfield)

TB Sheets -- Van Morrison

It Makes No Difference -- The Band (I loved Ricky Danko!)

Link to article treenuts posted - last post on page

Celeste - Donovan

Well I recognize Jefferson Airplane and Van Morrison. How many cookies do I win. hee

He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple.

and one hawt man.

thread title? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The Last Unicorn CD arrived yesterday. DD had had a rough evening, so she was doubly delighted to find such a wonderful present waiting for her! However, I haven't been able to remember or track down who found the Amazon.com listing. Whoever you are, MWAH!

Celeste - Donovan

Artquest scurries off again, this time to iTunes, to listen to these diddies. Edited by artquest

What's ironic to me is that I first heard tracks from the Seeger sessions album when I was in Dublin, looking for traditional Irish music!
Reminds me of my oldest son's visit to Dublin in March. He loves Guinness and went to the brewery and the whole bit. Then on his last night in Ireland he wanted to go to a real Irish pub and not a touristy place, so he wandered out and found a neighborhood Irish pub, an "authentic" one --- where most of the Irish patrons were drinking Coors Light. And paying imported beer prices for it!!! He said he and another guy were the only ones in the place drinking Guinness.

Well I recognize Jefferson Airplane and Van Morrison. How many cookies do I win. hee
I have a Snickerdoodle here if you like those. Ummmmm.

And you probably know who Burton Cummings is ... the lead singer for Guess Who ... American Woman, No Sugar Tonight, and all that jazz. I loved his solo stuff.

The Last Unicorn CD arrived yesterday. DD had had a rough evening, so she was doubly delighted to find such a wonderful present waiting for her! However, I haven't been able to remember or track down who found the Amazon.com listing. Whoever you are, MWAH!

Celeste - Donovan

Artquest scurries off again, this time to iTunes, to listen to these diddies.

OOOH! I have to check my order to see where it is! (Love tracking numbers!) And artquest! I also went to a site that sells movie posters and ordered a Last Unicorn poster and it arrived today! I'm going to give dear daughter the CD, the paperback book and a poster of the movie! Her birthday is July 11--her sweet sixteenth...I'm also taking her and three friends to the Santa Cruz boardwalk for a day and an overnight...

From that Herald-Sun article that treenuts referred to: (thanks for the link, couchie!)

"He also writes music," Bubel said during a phone interview from her house in Huntersville. "And he’d come in and say ‘Hey Diane, Emma (Bubel’s daughter), I wrote a song, what do you think about it?’ And then he’d bring in his laptop and play it for us. We’d say, ‘Why don’t you just sing it to us live?’"

Ah...the infamous quote about Clay's previous music writing hobby....One of these days those hand-scrawled sheets are going to surface somewhere and bring mucho bucks for some charity.... :cryingwlaughter:

Just heard from the hubby. Hopefully, the mold guy will take away the blowers and dehumidifiers from our damaged home this evening. We're moving back in tonight, even though we'll not have hot water until Friday when the contractor has finished repairing the walls and the plumber can install a new water heater. We're not going to have him reinstall the toilet, vanity and sink or washer dryer, though until we have the time to decide on the flooring we want and paint color for walls, etc. and get that done. Meanwhile we have a softball tournament this weekend and won't be home anyway much. Too bad this one's not a long-distance one---we'd 'have' to stay in a hotel. :RedGuy:

I need a drink.

I mostly uploaded a ton of cds (including MoaM and MCWL) into the iTunes hard drive, but the first tunes I downloaded were:

Celeste - Donovan

Ah, I love Donovan. Saw him live once, in the 90s....just him and a guitar on a stool. He still had it. Also love Burton Cummings (with or without the Guess Who). One of the best and most unique voices in all of pop or rock, IMO. I wrote a blog about him last year. You can find it here (scroll down to "Is It Soon Yet"?)

First songs I ever purchased on iTunes - actually only songs - the rest are full albums:

Play Me - Neil Diamond

And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind - Neil Diamond

One More Try - George Michael

Heaven - Los Lonely Boys

In Like A Lion (Always Winter) - Reliant K

Anyway - Martina McBride

Edited by luckiest1