#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Thanks everyone for your IPod 101 discussion. Am really flying around a lot this summer and am going to look into that backup battery Artquest. Never knew they even had such a thing. And I guess all the other little thingys that go with the Ipod.

And NOW Mr. Geek decides he wants a phone that probably has all the Ipod features and more. Too much electronic diversity, too little time!!!

You gave me a lot of info and will seriously begin a search for this stuff. Didn't realize the screens were the same size, just the capacity was different. I have seen that screen and it is amazingly clear.

...off to google Ipod details...

Personally I would kill for ANY avitar with Clay in it. I'm, frankly, a bit non-techie when it comes to this stuff. I usually just stand with my nose pressed against the glass from the outside looking in.

But if there is a santa clays out there somewhere dying to put their artistic ability to good use may I put in a request on bended knee? I have watched clack of boy friend in Red bank (over & over & over) where he is trying to get the spotlight turned off/down making the eheheheh sound with his hand over his eyes saying "that one must be really hard to turn off".

K, begging with specifics is really humiliating.....

but if it works :RedGuy:

BTW, will there be any cellcerting taking place on this board? I've looked in the 2007 SST thread and didn't see anything.

6 days 2 hours 47 min.EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hey....thats a very intriguing and specific scene...I will be curious to see it too. Too bad I don't know how to do one but now I want watch that piece of clack...hope you get your avatar,

About cellcert...we don;t set up cellcerts since we are not big enough and frankly I don't know how...

but we do a chat during the whole concert...I will put up the link to the thread. What happens is...I get a cellcert so I report on the board everything that I hear. We also go to CB, CH and CV to quote their reports..that is why we get an interesting mix of reactions. If someone here has the CV cellcert and would like to report on it ....it will be appreciated. So we invite all FCAers that won't be attending the concerts to join us on the concert threads to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE together. We have done this for every concert since we opened and its great fun.

I love all the avatars...rcknrllmom...can I steal the last one???

I am so excited that I don't know what to do with myself. I really don't. I'm getting to the point where I can't post anything about Clay because anything I write is goofy. I can post about iPods, other music, logistical plans, but I feel the keyboard equivalent of tongue-tied when it comes to posting about the tour, and seeing Clay in concert in just 6 days.

I get up from the computer and do other things. but then I can't stand it and have to come back and read around for a while. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Up and down, in and out, like an automaton.

If I write some really off the wall stuff, just overlook me for a while. This is uncharted psyche, and waaayyy beyond anticipation. And here I am someone that has rarely, if ever, done "anticipation." That was one Carly Simon song I could never relate to -------- before. What the hell????

I guess it won't be a bad thing to have a nice looking-single-middle aged man in tow either. This is going to be one interesting trip.

Ahem! Calling Claygasm! :whistling-1:

Just to be clear......the blonde one? He'd be my husband. :D

Ooops! Forgot to mention he has a very good job too.... :whistling-1:

Okay, back to the nametags.....if I'm still saying that come next Thursday, block me, okay?

Yes, but is he tall?

Do I still have time to drop 20 pounds?

And does this mean I will have to actually attempt to look decent? Now there's a funny thought! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm tired. Sooooooooo tired. I may totally lose my mind before I ever get to Frisco. I had a nightmare last night that my flight to Dallas - where I have to change planes in Houston - got cancelled in Houston and I was running around desperately trying to find a rental car so I could drive to Frisco and when I finally got one, the road I was driving on disappeared just as "Invisible" started to play on the radio! No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make my way to Clay!

How scary is that?

I haven't read back much, but did I read Clay blogged? Or did I hallucinate that? Guess before my head hits the keyboard I'll go over to the OFC and see.

What does a nervous breakdown feel like?

If I can just keep visualizing this pretty rcknrllmom posted, I know I can make through the next few days.

micstroke.gif

Did I mention I was tired???

And is Marble Falls, TX anywhere near Frisco??

Marble Falls is the home of my former DIL and two of my granddaughters are there right now. I talked to them yesterday, but haven't been able to get through today. It is near Austin, about 250 miles from Frisco. But then, the Dallas area is getting it's share of rain, too.

Here in Houston it was sunny and hot today.

ETA: At least where I am. It could have been completely different across town!

Edited by keepingfaith

You know keepingfaith one of the neat things about this fandom is that a lot of us understand exactly what you are going through!

I am so excited I don't know if I am going to make it! When I read today he blogged my stomach did all sorts of funny things and I clicked on the fan site so fast my mouse was smokin'.

I am soooo glad you get to go to Frisco. It is going to be a blast!

Have you thought about the Xmas tour yet? :eusa_whistle: Just sayin'

I'm hoping for Atlanta or somewhere in the South. I don't do cold too well. On the other hand the JNT06 3-fer in New Jersey was really good but then it was 50 degrees in NY City.

If someone here has the CV cellcert and would like to report on it ....it will be appreciated.

Well, I get the CV cellcert, but I won't be home for the first concert..... :whistling-1:

Marble Falls is the home of my former DIL and two of my granddaughters are there right now. I talked to them yesterday, but haven't been able to get through today. It is near Austin, about 250 miles from Frisco. But then, the Dallas area is getting it's share of rain, too.

Here in Houston it was sunny and hot today.

OMG. I hope they all stay safe and sound, if not dry. It looks awful on TV.

It better stop raining in the Dallas area in time for Freeeeeeeeedom Fest. Just in case I'm bringing ponchos. I have two - one for you muski! They're very pretty. And they've been to a Clay concert before. They rather enjoyed the Delaware State Fair during the NAT.

And muski, while you're trying to fit everything in just one suitcase, DON'T FORGET THE FRISCO TICKETS!!!!!!

Fun blog. I am very curious that he chose a producer with eclectic taste. That's the part that jumped out at me. Inquiring minds can't wait to know.

Frankly, I am kind of surprised the "experts" (HA! HA!) haven't figured it out yet!

I've been praying for good weather next week for the past few months now....heh. But I do seriously hope that the people in water-logged Texas get some relief soon.

keepingfaith, I hear ya -- I'm getting so pumped for next week. I can't imagine how it will be for you, being you're a virgin and all!

CG, I'm certainly not an "expert" but I did do a little bit of research this evening, and my speculation is John Shanks.

In 2005, John Shanks received the Grammy for Producer of the Year and he has had twelve #1 singles, seventeen #1 albums and sold over 50 million albums to date. “John’s records have become the sound of Top Forty radio,” Clive Davis told Rolling Stone. “He’s the father of that guitar-driven kind of pop sound.

John is a life-long guitarist who began his career as a session and touring musician. He recorded and toured with Rod Stewart for two years. However, it was his touring and later recording tenure with Melissa Etheridge, that culminated in his producing the rock icon (and co-writing the song "Angles Would Fall" for her album Breakdown, which picked up four Grammy nominations, including "best rock song" as well as "best rock album" in 1999.

Since that time, Shanks has become one of the industry’s most in-demand studio collaborators; Billboard dubbed him “today’s hottest producer”, Parlaying his success and skills working with recording artists in the genres of pop, rock and even country. “He’s a rare combination of songwriter, musician and producer,” observed Interscope Geffen A&M Chairman Jimmy Iovine in Billboard’s profile of Shanks, “but he also has a great feel of working with artists, that’s hard to find.”

For seven years in Studio C at Henson Studios, the guitarist, songwriter and producer has worked with some of the biggest names in the business, from Rod Stewart, Santana, Fleetwood Mac, and Bon Jovi to Keith Urban, Take That, Sheryl Crow, Kelly Clarkson and Celine Dion. Equally sought after for his songwriting skills as his studio expertise, he has the Midas touch, and his name has graced many chart-topping albums and over a dozen Top 20 singles in the last year. As Sheryl Crow ventured to Rolling Stone, “John knows how to make stuff sound like it belongs on the radio.

Please note the Clive Davis connection. *g*

OK, I'm done for the night. See y'all from Minnesota!

I'm a member of the OFC to support Clay and to read his blogs. Really never cared before how much he blogged. But I have to admit I enjoy that he is doing it more frequently. I just think it's good for the fandom in that it keeps people happy. It keeps us from canibilzing each other for a bit. Plus if he's giving out information ridiculous rumors can't take root and grow. To me this is the most important thing. And for that reason... I'm hoping for continued tidbits of info every few weeks, especially once the tours end this year..

I've caught up reading everything but no time to respond. I just want to send :F_05BL17blowkiss: to everyone. And I'm so out of it..what they hell is up in Texas? Storms? It will clear up for Clay. I have faith!!

I am so excited that I don't know what to do with myself. I really don't. I'm getting to the point where I can't post anything about Clay because anything I write is goofy. I can post about iPods, other music, logistical plans, but I feel the keyboard equivalent of tongue-tied when it comes to posting about the tour, and seeing Clay in concert in just 6 days.

I get up from the computer and do other things. but then I can't stand it and have to come back and read around for a while. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Up and down, in and out, like an automaton.

If I write some really off the wall stuff, just overlook me for a while. This is uncharted psyche, and waaayyy beyond anticipation. And here I am someone that has rarely, if ever, done "anticipation." That was one Carly Simon song I could never relate to -------- before. What the hell????

Let it all out, keepingfaith. I live for that enthusiasm posted on boards right before tour time. Let.it.out!

Oh Lord, I have a whole p'bucket folder full of ani's... like:

WangoTango.gif

upsetclay2.gif

TITN3.gif

th37bca7dd.gif Hee.

shebangs.gif

natpoint8go.gif

lenobeautyde9.gif

iwcy.gif

And, weren't we talking one day about why RI YGAF happened? Well, this was Clay teasing Angela for her "headlights" the night before (or two)... Payback's a bitch... er, good news for us! Hee.

headlights2.gif

Caught up?? What's that???

I have been busy with family stuff for what seems like months, and have barely been able to keep up on the blogs and various other happenings (whatever they are...*g*)

I did have a little time to do some stuff on my website tho...

In case you haven't seen it... I decided to take a little walk down memory lane with Clay......

MEMORY LANE pt 1

MEMORY LANE pt 2

MEMORY LANE pt 3

Enjoy!

I loved his latest blog!! I am excited knowing he is excited! I can't wait to see what his "classic project" turns out to be!!

I'm a member of the OFC to support Clay and to read his blogs. Really never cared before how much he blogged. But I have to admit I enjoy that he is doing it more frequently. I just think it's good for the fandom in that it keeps people happy.

Yeah, for me, his blogs alone are worth the cost of membership, no matter how often he writes them. I am glad that he's feeling comfortable blogging more often, even about inconsequential matters like iPhones or Jericho. I do agree that it's a good way to feed the voracious and insatiable fandom. Though everything he says gets picked apart, and though someone always finds something to whine about, on the whole, his words do a lot to raise morale and stimulate interest.

Personally I would kill for ANY avitar with Clay in it. I'm, frankly, a bit non-techie when it comes to this stuff. I usually just stand with my nose pressed against the glass from the outside looking in.

But if there is a santa clays out there somewhere dying to put their artistic ability to good use may I put in a request on bended knee? I have watched clack of boy friend in Red bank (over & over & over) where he is trying to get the spotlight turned off/down making the eheheheh sound with his hand over his eyes saying "that one must be really hard to turn off".

K, begging with specifics is really humiliating.....

but if it works :RedGuy:

BTW, will there be any cellcerting taking place on this board? I've looked in the 2007 SST thread and didn't see anything.

6 days 2 hours 47 min.EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hey....thats a very intriguing and specific scene...I will be curious to see it too. Too bad I don't know how to do one but now I want watch that piece of clack...hope you get your avatar,

About cellcert...we don;t set up cellcerts since we are not big enough and frankly I don't know how...

but we do a chat during the whole concert...I will put up the link to the thread. What happens is...I get a cellcert so I report on the board everything that I hear. We also go to CB, CH and CV to quote their reports..that is why we get an interesting mix of reactions. If someone here has the CV cellcert and would like to report on it ....it will be appreciated. So we invite all FCAers that won't be attending the concerts to join us on the concert threads to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE together. We have done this for every concert since we opened and its great fun.

Thanks, Ansa. I'm hoping somebody has a clue how to capture that one scene for me. It would be like X-mas in July!!

And I will be here for the board cert/chatter for sure. I'm starting to feel like CG & keepingfaith, the craziness enthusiasm is mounting. Ooohhh...just had an image of BF mounting and yowza! Hang tough ladies, we have a long way to go still. :fca:

hey treenuts...like this one?

herkie1nb.gif

Hmmm...that one might be too big... heh.

WAAAHHH.....I can't see it!!

Yeah, for me, his blogs alone are worth the cost of membership, no matter how often he writes them. I am glad that he's feeling comfortable blogging more often, even about inconsequential matters like iPhones or Jericho. I do agree that it's a good way to feed the voracious and insatiable fandom. Though everything he says gets picked apart, and though someone always finds something to whine about, on the whole, his words do a lot to raise morale and stimulate interest.

ITA

I like to think of us as a flock following our shepherd. I luv ewe Mr. Aiken.

Is that a staff in your pocket or are you just...... :)

If someone here has the CV cellcert and would like to report on it ....it will be appreciated.

I do, I do! And there is no way I'll be anywhere other than in front of my laptop wearing noise cancelling headphones next Wednesday evening.

5 more days!!!!!!! :Tour3: :TourExcite: :DoClay:

keepingfaith, I know where you are at. I love that we have some newbies here! It makes it all the more exciting.....not that it isn't exciting all on it's own! I'm just so intrigued about this special project that he says is destined to become a classic (does anyone elses snark-o-metre just go up into the red zone at that statement? :lol: ) And also by the walk down memory lane. Up 'til now I've been thinking something to do with AI, but now I'm wondering if it could be something to do with tours gone by?

Wednesday evening can't come fast enough.

th37bca7dd.gif Hee.

I won't tell you how long it took me to get what that ani was all about. D'oh!!! :whistling-1:

So if Clay was in NYC last week for DCAT rehearsals, do you think there's a chance that THE HAIR stopped in to see Steeve? I've still got my fingers crossed that the Canadian spikes were just an anomaly, and that the bangs will make a return.

Hairstyled.jpg

Good Morning, FCA! :goaround:

You know, I was just looking at the avatars on this page---each one shows a different, unique aspect of the man...he's infinitely fascinating, isn't he?

Amen, sistah! That man has blown my water heater a thousand times over. Isn't it the coolest thing that we'll never ever totally figure him and all of it....out.

Muski and Karen -- I think most Clay fans could have written these posts. I know I could, so DITTO! :)

Love Clay's blog! I had finished putting up my groceries (HINT: Don't go to the store at 2 o'clock on such a hot and humid day!) and signed back in, refreshed my blog, and realized Clay was in the list. I immediately looked at the assembly below, which was very light for his having just posted.

Of course, by the time I checked here and CV, the alert had been sounded. LOL, then came the invasion. It's amazing how much activity his blogs inspire. Nope, we're not excited at all. :lol:

The iPhone does look very kewl, though the price tag is a little much. I have TODAY on, and others -- Microsoft -- are working on mucho competition.

Enjoyed Kayla's avatars, Rcknrllmom! :clap:

Happy Birthday, GeorgiaClay! :fest09:

Safe travels to all taking off this weekend. Maddy is in Maryland this week and, per her email, had to leave extra early to drive through flooded areas to get to the Dallas airport. That was a couple of days ago.

Y'all have a great day! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

I'll also have the CV cellcerts and would be willing to report. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It could get interesting, however, as I may, given both schedules, also be streaming a Twin's game & participating in a game thread. Just don't be surprised if I start blathering on about LNP & the Piranhas, the B.O.D., Kubel's problems at the plate w/RISP and the inevitable @$&%*# GIDP! *g*

On the flip side, I also hope to avoid any mention of Clay's Pants during the 7th inning stretch. Somehow I think you guys would be more understanding than they would.

:cryingwlaughter:

---

EEEEEE! THE BLOG! What a nice thing to come home to!

I just think it's good for the fandom in that it keeps people happy. It keeps us from canibilzing each other for a bit. Plus if he's giving out information ridiculous rumors can't take root and grow. To me this is the most important thing. And for that reason... I'm hoping for continued tidbits of info every few weeks, especially once the tours end this year..

I agree!

:allgood:

Edited by jamar1700

Morning FCA. :DoClay: and WILL in just a few days. (Yeah, doing him by phone, but still...)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The program I have(had) for decompiling (the only way I know how to make avi's) video crapped out, and I can't get it to work again. I am considering buying it this time (other one was a demo) and will if there is much call for it. I enjoy doing this stuff, but hate doing it just for them to sit in my PB. I will make them on request (though I won't be doing any like the Clay/Ryan one). Let me know!

These are a few I've made (not all avi sized though)

Animation4.gif

Fant3.gif

TVSLOa.gif

Walla.gif

gmaclay.gif

Edited by cindilu2

A few more I've collected (don't know who made them though)

Guh

hands.gif

I love this one

makeover.gif

and rhis one

album_pic.gif

and this one

UNICEF3.gif

keepingfaith, your post made me smile so hard this morning. I love how excited you are, and I LOVE knowing that you won't be disappointed. No matter how much Clack you've seen, or how many times you listened to him sing, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, like the electricity in the air when he takes that stage. He was born to be there! You are in for the ride of your life!

Edited by cindilu2