#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Is it cool to anyone else that I'm writing this post on my laptop? :rolleyes:Snort.... dork.jpg

Ok......wait for it.........

4 more days!!!!!!! :Tour3: :TourExcite:

:ole0: :club0: :ole0:

All I really, really, really want to hear during the DCAT is Broken Wings in some form or other. Did I mention I really, really want to hear it? Just as much as the iDork King wanted his new iPhone, I want to hear a live version of Broken Wings.

bird_flying.gif

OK here is my submission:

Opening: Invisible

from AI:

DLTSGDOM

ICHM

TLS

BOTW

MOAM:

RTM

MOAM

ATDW:

LNM

EIH

HYCA

SSTBHW

BYLM

IYDKMBN

LAA

closing: BW

Really can;t think of any new covers...I think he may have an AI medley

I also think we may hear a new original. Not very innovative but he has so many songs, limiting it to 15 is tough but thats why its a game...hee

Off the top of my head here is my list......I reserve the right to change it after I've had coffee and more time to think about it. I am hoping he will sing more than 15 songs, in an hour and a half. However, I'm sure we'll get a half hour of banter time. *g* In no particular order............

1. Invisible-Opening Song To re-familiarize his new audience?

2. Run To Me

3. Lonely No More

4. Measure Of A Man

5. These Open Arms

6. I Want To Know What Love Is-He always gives "shine time" to Quianna or Angela

7. Broken Wings

8. If You Don't Know Me By Now-Possible encore song.

9. Here You Come Again

10. Lover All Alone

11. Everything I Have

12. Touch-Surprise project?

13. Everytime You Go Away

14. A Thousand Days

15. Everthing I Do, I Do It For You

Because You Loved Me-Encore Song

ldyjocelyn, have fun on your vacation.

muski I am glad that your repair job is coming along. My hubby put our garage project off until October. *sigh*

keepingfaith, thanks for the scan of the ad. He is getting great press for this tour. Poddies can't spin it any other way. Glad that Comcast fixed their problems. I have high speed internet through Cox Cable and really enjoy it. I hope the rain stays away for Clay's Frisco & Houston concerts.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FEAROFH2O

cha cha thanks for posting your montages going down memory lane. I've watched a couple, so far, and plan to watch the rest later. I am enjoying them.

treenuts, love your new avi. I think I might swap mine out for Clay's crotch grab. Don't anyone steal it until I get around to it. Hee

YSRN, glad you got a concert lined up. I still think you should come to Tulsa too. Gosh who did I forget, what did I forget? Clay's blog....How could I forget those . Men and their electronics. He is like a kid in a candy store. It makes me happy to see him so excited about something.

Oh yeah. I was going to post some animation stuff too. I hope I don't repeat anything here.

feet-1.gifrc9yu.gif

clayhairbl_gerwhisp1-1.gifpost-70-1093818707.gifpost-222-1083736380.giftongue.gifAIGloryAv-1.gif

Edited by Clayzorback

I am not musical at all, so I can't come up with the setlist order and flow or whatnot, so I'm just going to throw a guess out there of songs from MOAM and ATDW that I think would sound good with an orchestra, plus songs I really want to hear:

From MOAM:

I Will Carry You

The Way

Measure of a Man

Perfect Day

Invisible

From ATDW:

A Thousand Days - Opener

Lonely No More

Everything I Do

Broken Wings

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word (this tour's When You Say You Love Me - the Random Lyric Generator works overtime)

Lover All Alone - Closer

Special Assignment: A Motown / Soul medley section, including If You Don't Know Me by Now

Mysterious and Something about You - from the alternate ADTW track listing that was floating around before the release

Alone - loved the short version from the JBT, and really want to hear the whole thing.

:TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

I see Ansamcw and I picked the same opening song. Great minds? Hee Bottlecap I laughed at the Random Lyric Generator comment. I had put down I Will Carry You as a choice, but changed my mine. I remembered that he always forgot the words to this song and figured he wouldn't try to sing it this time around. It used to make me so mad when he would forget the lyrics, because IWCY was one of my favorite songs. I used to get frustrated that he messed up the words to WYSYLM, too, for the same reason. :cryingwlaughter:

Morning gang!

Not a lot of time, and I'd love to comment on stuff....but I'm gonna throw my game suggestions out while my hubby is in the shower.

From MOAM:

MOAM

Invisible

IWCY (Clayzor, the only time I remember him messing up the lyrics was during the Oprah performance, but that was so beautiful I easily forgave him)

ISY

From ATDW:

RHW (opener)

IWKWLI

SSTBTHW

ATD (last song of the concert proper)

HYCA

EID

LNM

WY (encore)

EIH

LAA

And an AI medley of some type.

You'll notice that I did NOT put BW on there. I know, it kills me too...but I'm thinking that might be rather difficult to pull off, especially in an outdoor situation. It's such a complicated arrangement. I hope I'm wrong; as a matter of fact, I worry more about this one being left off the set list than LAA.

I think 15 songs is too limiting!

I just got this update notice on my computer from Apple-iTunes...

With iTunes 7.3, you can now activate iPhone service and sync it with your music, TV shows, movies and more. Also, you can now wirelessly share and enjoy your favorite digital photos from any computer in your home with Apple TV.

ldyjocelyn he would switch verses around and mess it up. Routinely IIRC....Can't think of the exact tour stops where he did or what shows he did it on. I just remember getting upset when he did. LOL Of course my memory is not as good as it used to be, oh let's face it it sucks, and It could be another song entirely that I have confused with IWCY. Somebody help me out here!!! LOL The sun is coming out here today. Hooray. I think I will go for a swim later.

Oops! Looks like I didn't read back enough pages....I missed seeing a couple other birthdays today!

Happy Birthday to Georgiaclay and Totally!

Picture1364.gif

cool graphics...can we add it please couchie...hee

I totally missed all the birthdays in the past couple weeks - been too busy!!!

HAPPY HAPPY TO ALL I'VE MISSED! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

UPDATE on the Ecuadorian travelers:

I left them in the security line yesterday (which was moving fairly fast) after standing in the check-in line for almost 2 hours.

It was past boarding time, but the flight was delayed...........

When I checked from home it was 2½ hours delayed which meant they missed their connection in Miami.......

SO............. they are out there somewhere, but I haven't heard where....... :scream:

They packed no cell phones but promised to send email from Quito when they arrive.....

:fca:

On a lighter note - I received my pins yesterday - they are WONDERFUL!! Thanks to all for making them!

Edited by cha cha trusty

Cool, thanks for the entries, I am keeping track of them in a nice little spreadsheet (SHUT UP cindilu2 :lol: ) and will tally the results on Wednesday night. I already can see that I am going to be a little bleary eyed on Thursday....concert starts 9 pm our time, with all the recaps and excitement who knows what time I'll finally get to bed. And you know what? I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! :Tour3:

BTW ldyjocelyn, you only submitted 14....want to add one?

Getting ready to leave for our cluncheon now....later, peeps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

((((chacha)))) I can imagine how nerve wracking that could be. But I'm sure they got another flight, just had to wait a little longer.

So where is that couchie...did all that spa treatment melt her away???

well going to the carnival with my kids this afternoon. goign with my friend who has a DS son same age as Caitlin...and a 16 yr old very cute son. I don;t know if I should worry more about the two 6 year olds or the teens...hee

But damn...the weather is not cooperating. its pretty chilly and overcast...hope the rain holds off.

You'll notice that I did NOT put BW on there. I know, it kills me too...but I'm thinking that might be rather difficult to pull off, especially in an outdoor situation. It's such a complicated arrangement. I hope I'm wrong; as a matter of fact, I worry more about this one being left off the set list than LAA.

BlahBlah.gif... I'm not listening...He has to sing Broken Wings or I will run screaming into the night.Ahh.gif

OK - thanks clazorback!!

But here's another stoopid question:

How do you find the FCA/DCAT shirts from there? That's what I really need!!

((((chacha)))) I can imagine how nerve wracking that could be. But I'm sure they got another flight, just had to wait a little longer.

Thanks ansa....... the part that bothers me about them getting another flight was that the next change was in Panama City and I heard them say that there are only a couple flights from PC to Quito, so I am hoping they didn't have to spend the night inthe PC airport. It's a Mom thing, I can't settle my nerves until I know how things went!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: will keep you posted!

But here's another stoopid question:

How do you find the FCA/DCAT shirts from there? That's what I really need!!

You have to make your own. Go to the Summer Tour forum, choose a design template, upload it to CafePress and make whatever shirt/bag/item you'd like. :)

It's easy peasy.

Is it cool to anyone else that I'm writing this post on my laptop? :rolleyes:Snort.... dork.jpg

Of course, because dorks ARE cool in clayworld! ;)

luckiest, I want to play but can only come up with opening & closing guesses due to limited brain power on only one cuppa. Oh hell, I'm just lazy :P

Opening - ATD or

Because You Loved Me as a shout out to the faithful & devoted! weeping now

Closer - Lover All Alone (oh dear god let it be so) more weeping still

I want to publically acknowledge cindilu2 for her valiant efforts to creat my gif/avi per my special request. She did an amazing job! Unfortunately we are both in agreement that it does not translate so well as an avi without the sound. :( But I love it and will keep it in my PB. I wonder if I can use it as a sigi or something. Ideas are welcome!!

Isn't he just too cute -

treenuts.gif

cindilu2 :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Rules - pick up to a maximum of 15 songs. Points will be awarded as follows for all correct guesses, as long as he sings even a portion of the song (i.e. as a part of a medley):

1 point - any song from ATDW (plus bonuses), MOAM, or the singles he has released as a solo artist (BOTW/TITN etc)

2 points - any song he has sung since or during AI (i.e. on AI, on any tour, on TV or at a public appearance)

3 points - any song he has sung prior to AI that we have clack of (i.e. Hometown Connection, Demos, etc)

4 points - any song he has never sung before (i.e. no clack exists) - so this would be new covers, or if you are psychic, the name of a brand new Clay Aiken song! cryingwlaughter.gif

5 points (bonus) - guess the opening or closing song of the tour!

OMG...rules...ack! I suck at rules...and I'm a little bit crazy besides....

Like first of all, for the mystery project he put Jesse on, I can see a whole medley of songs with 'moon' lyric, like ATD and Moon River...I say this because it fits my fantasy of hearing him sing Dancing In The Moonlight to me. Moondance would be fine also.

from ATDW

HYCA

BW

LNM

WISYS

IWTKWLI

TOA

EIH

and...

IYDKMBN and hopefully some other funky soul sounds from Clay, Quiana and Angela

I want LAA, but I know you don't always get what you want.

Not Supposed To Love You and She Said Yes would satisfy the country in his soul and be a bit of fun.

I think BOTW will be the last song of the night. I have no idea for the first one.

That's all I got.

Edited by laughn

CHA CHA... pick a final template from this thread. If you want a I did Clay at blah blah shirt and you don't see a final template for the one you want... just let YSRN know which one you want and she'll make it for you. You can find some of the examples here.

But I'm a skeered he would meat meet my eyes and I'll pass out cold in his lap.

Hmmmmm.....(begins concocting evil plan #1)

BWAH Treenuts

I wonder if we'll 'know it' when we see it?

I mean the 'mystery project', ya pervs!!!!

LOL this cracked me up.... I hope we know it when we hear it too!!

Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!

thread title?

CG :F_05BL17blowkiss: for your busy busy office closing

Cha Cha - thanks for the walk down memory lanes

Keeping Faith - I can feel your anticipation

Happy Belated Birthday to Georgia. Where the heck is she....

It could get interesting, however, as I may, given both schedules, also be streaming a Twin's game & participating in a game thread. Just don't be surprised if I start blathering on about LNP & the Piranhas, the B.O.D., Kubel's problems at the plate w/RISP and the inevitable @$&%*# GIDP! *g*

OK even as a gigantic sports fan I had to read that a million times and still don't get it all :cryingwlaughter:

Happy Birthday Totally!!

:welcome:Goldarngirl and MyZiggy!

Ah man, isn't Merrillville on Dec 22nd? That's the one I wanted tickets too..thought they went on sale today... fudge.. but I'll worry about this later.

Another birthday... Have a good one Fear of H20. I've always loved your screen name.

So where is that couchie...did all that spa treatment melt her away???

yeah, it did, literally. I went to this spa and had 4 treatments. Sigh..I literally felt like a limp noodle after it was over. But of couse I did something stupid as usual. I took 2 benadryl so I wouldn't be bothered with the irritating sinus problems...and those babies kicked in on the way home and I could barely keep my eyes open and I was driving. Had to pull over ..went into Starbucks to buy something with lots of caffeine in it. To make matters worse, my temperamental ipod decided that the little spin wheel wasn't going to work so I couldn't blast Clay (I'd never fall asleep on Clay)... anyway by the time I got home I just went straight to the sofa. It was only 7PM and I didn't wake up until 9AM this morning. Needless to say I am very well rested!

I want to publically acknowledge cindilu2 for her valiant efforts to creat my gif/avi per my special request. She did an amazing job! Unfortunately we are both in agreement that it does not translate so well as an avi without the sound. :( But I love it and will keep it in my PB. I wonder if I can use it as a sigi or something. Ideas are welcome!!

Isn't he just too cute -

treenuts.gif

cindilu2 :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You're welcome.. any time. (and I mean that sincerely - I'll make you anything you want in place of what you have now, lolol) It's a great sequence when you can hear him!

luckiest1, your game sound like fun - I'll think on it a bit.

couchie, I am SO JELLUS. I wanna go to a spa. But not so much on the falling asleep at the wheel part! Thank god for Starbucks!

Just got back from the pool. The sun came back out and I ran over quickly and got about an hour in, and swam a few laps. My shirt came today. It is pretty thin and the color is not very bright on the lettering. Maybe I should of chose the other option for which way to have it printed on the shirt.

cha cha if you order the woman's v-neck white T-shirt then you need to order a size larger than you wear. IMO In fact I wish I had of ordered an extra large, instead of a medium, and I weigh 130 pounds. I can wear it but it is more snug than I prefer. Couchie did I give you or Ansamcw a mailing address to mail my pin? I can't remember?

Hope keepingfaith is enjoying her vacation from work.

I may change my mind about the encore song, muskifest. I'm thinking Clay might sing IYDKMBN instead of Because You Loved Me. Hee

clickable

Front: D'Cat Tour 2007

th_DCatTourT-Shirt002.jpg

Back:(not a good picture) I Did Clay In Tulsa Between a Soft Rock And A Hard Place

th_DCatTourT-Shirt001.jpg

P.S...................Where is kandre and her boo boo? Is she still on that Morphine high? Self medicating with Vicodin and in la la land? :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by Clayzorback

Hee! I'm at a Caribou Coffee, drinking a skinny iced mocha and sucking up free wi-fi as well! My hubby is out at a favorite store of his, one that takes him at least an HOUR to go through, so he drops me off here and I'm a happy camper.

luckiest1, my 15th choice was the AI medley. *g*

I knew I'd get more than a few people's attention if I said no BW. And as I said, I'm deathly afraid of the revolt that could happen if he doesn't sing that song. I really want him to sing the song too, but I've also just got to be prepared for any and all possibilites. That's the way I am.

I think I'm with playbiller that I do think the Frisco show will be different from the Houston show, and subsequent shows thereafter. I don't think there will be THAT much of a change, but I can see the time factor being a big thing with the Frisco show. With a scheduled time for fireworks, that could be a reason to cut a song or two out of the set. I also do wonder if there will be time problems/union problems with some of the shows too. You know Mr. Chatterbox -- once he gets going with his banter, especially in later shows, I'm fully expecting his shows to run 3 hours. Hee. (Of course, this also makes me a bit sad, since I'm only going to two early shows....)

I keep telling my husband that a spa day would be a good present for me for Christmas some year. Of course, I've now also told him that I want an iPod for my birthday, and a new set of cookware for Christmas. That spa day will have to be in the future. Glad you had a great time couchie!