#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

I forgot all about the concert for Diana today, and I don't get VH1 anyways. Maybe I can catch any highlights on YouTube tomorrow (hopefully!)

Apparently they are streaming on VH1.com.

Elton John just came on. :)

Greetings all! Just spent a gorgeous day outside at the local zoo and botanical garden here in St. Paul. Lots of fresh air, so of course, I'm now dead to the world...but still at my computer. Hmmmm....

treenuts, from everything I've read about that play, it sounds like a lot of fun to me. It sounds like it could be "Bye Bye Birdie" for the 21st century, substituting Clay Aiken for Elvis Presley. (luckiest1 loves that description, I'm sure...) To me, it just suggests that he truly is a 21st century cultural icon. Sometimes we've got to take the bad with the good that comes with this status, but I'm willing. I've read reports of people who saw it and had a wonderful time.... And maybe Clay will actually go see it in a few weeks on a day off!

AHA! I've thought of what he'll sing that will surprise us, and I think luckiest1, that I'm going to substitute this in for the AI medley -- he's just gotta sing GREASE!!! Right? RIGHT?!?!? Can you just see it?!?!? Heh.

Actually, I think the 15 song limit is rather short too. I know there are songs I missed from ATDW that I'm now sure he'll sing (such as BYLM) and I totally forgot about Moon River. But, my game entry stands....

Welcome crimsonice! Give your Mom a hug for me next time you see her!

Karen Eh?, my travel mate Heidi and I are staying in the Hyatt on the 5th. Maybe we could meet up? And, pardon my ignorence, but what exactly IS The House of Pies?!?!

Ah man, I wish I could come YSRN... maybe I can escape the family.... and damn I want to go to Muski's tailgate party too. I bought fireworks on my way back from Calistoga...of course it illegal to fire them up in my city but that's never stopped me before.

YAY first mother daughter team in the FCA...welcome crimsonice.

Welcome to crimsonice. You have a neat mom.

luckiest1, I tried doing what you did. I also tried downloading a codec, keepingfaith was kind enough to send me a link to. However, I had no luck. I still can't get them to play, and have to shut down my computer and go change my settings to get it back to normal again. Xvids mess up my screen resolutions. No matter what I try to do. I just can't get them to play. Maybe it has something to do with me using Mozilla Firefox. Or else I have something wrong with my computer that won't allow it to work right for me. I understand the quality is awesome and I wish I could view them. I can't, though, and it frustrates me. Thanks for trying to help me keepingfaith.

I couldn't play avi on my computer before too. I had to get both xvid and divx codec to make them work. that was with my desktop that has an XP. Now with my laptop..I have vista and avi does not play again..this time divx is not ready for vista...sigh.

Now why do I get a knot in my stomach when I read this?

http://www.raleighchronicle.com/2007063001.html

Just one of those, "God, I wish they wouldn't have" moments of mine. I could be wrong (hoping, praying) but I don't know. It feels wrong when the headline reads the way this one does and I'm still not crazy about them using his silhouette. There's something about using his name/image to sell tickets to curious fans that screams of "tabloid tactics". I wish at times this fandom weren't so "transparent"!

Does this make any sense to anyone but me?

I wouldn't mind if this were a project that Clay endorsed; had a positive message for young people; Clay and his charities of choice would financially benefit from it....and so on. We shall see I suppose.

I really don;t get where your fear is coming from. I think the reviews by the Clayfans that saw it made me ok with the whole concept. They are not making fun of Clay...just the phenomena and I do think the message in the end is be their own idol. I actually think its coolcos it just lets the buzz about Clay going.

ok...been trying to post this for 3 hours now...kids are big distraction...

Happy Canada Day to fellow Canucks!!!

I forgot all about the concert for Diana today, and I don't get VH1 anyways. Maybe I can catch any highlights on YouTube tomorrow (hopefully!)

luckiest - the highlights are on tonight on NBC (I think) at 8PM (eastern)

Couchie...I've never done any Harry Potter stuff either. WooT, there are two of us in the wide world.

:allgood:

Awesome trip your kids are on Chach! I'm jellus!

YSRN - you and Couchie are in for a treat - that is, is you would pick up even the first Harry Potter book. It's really short and it'll take you about a day to read it. Then you'll know. And yes - Voldemort is the "He Who Must Not Be Named" extra-bad-evil-wizard-who-wants-to-rule-the-world.

I wish I had done something like Ecuador when I was younger!! I'm jellus too! I don't even track butterflies in my yard!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by cha cha trusty

luckiest - the highlights are on tonight on NBC (I think) at 8PM (eastern)

Wheee! Thanks. Don't want to miss Elton John.

Oh, RRM, how is her web forum going. I have not been over there lately since it seems more teen oriented and I did not want to put my older age angst in.

She has been working more on her other websites...very nice updates btw! She got frustrated with her message board.....no one seems to ever come and post...surely not just teen oriented! Mostly adult who belong...everyone and their viewpoint is welcome....she worked so hard, hate to have her let it go....

She has been working more on her other websites...very nice updates btw! She got frustrated with her message board.....no one seems to ever come and post...surely not just teen oriented! Mostly adult who belong...everyone and their viewpoint is welcome....she worked so hard, hate to have her let it go....

I had no idea - what is the url?

Ummm well Clayla919 is my daughter and I know she belongs here although I dont think she has posted in this thread......she will be my traveling buddy to Houston and Tulsa too....

ooopsie...how can I forget your very talented daughter. I know she submitted some really lovely banners. I don;t know if she ever posted...I hope she does. I would love some perspective from the younger fans.

awww sorry to hear about her board...I know we also had a slow start for FCA...but we stuck to it and now I am having a hard time keeping up.

oh I want to watch the highlights of the Diana special...I really liked her. She is one celebrity that was very real...with her flaws and all.

Happy 1canada_day1a.gif to all our Canadians, and greetings to all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Welcome to crimsonice! :nanadance: You are ahead of me on the list. :lol:

BOD and HEART retired from blogging for now, and the Carolina site got back on the Clay Aiken tour trail today. :TourExcite:

Brightstar posted this at CV today, and I asked if I could use it in the blog. I think it sums up the CA fandom's sentiments on July 1:

Happy Sunday!

Happy Canada Day!

Happy first day of July!

Happy beginning of concert month!

Happy beginning of cellcert month!

Happy anticipation!

Happy planning!

Happy packing!

Happy (and safe) travels!

Happy meeting new friends!

Happy reunions with old friends!

Happy pre-parties!

Happy concerts!

Happy cellcerts!

Happy bus lines!

Happy clack sharing!

Happy post-parties!

Happy concert reports!

Happy afterglows!

Happy travels to the next one!

I will try to put some thought into "the list." :)

Have a great evening and a super week, all! New Clack any day now! :lilredani:

Caro listen.gif

I can't wait for the tour to start! I've got a new external hard drive. I've got my video camera in the shop getting the zoom fixed (you can never get too close to Clay Aiken), and I'm shopping for shoes tomorrow. Wheeeeeeee.

Set lists? I don't have much of an opinion as I expect I'll love about everything he'll do. That said, I expect something spiritual or religious in tone. I expect some tunes from ATDW, MOAM, and some new stuff - maybe something he and Jaymes are experimenting with for the new CD. My guess for the bit that he and Jesse have worked out will be an American Idol medley. He'll do Invisible, and I expect, crave, and dream that he will sing Lover All Alone. But it's Clay, so I'm easy.

Edited by artquest

I thought the Concert for Diana was pretty fine. I enjoyed every act, but since I'm a big Andrew Lloyd Webber fan, those were my favorite parts.

I love that Happy list from Brightstar. I think I'd add Happy New Banter and Happy New Interviews, but maybe that falls under Happy Concerts. :TourExcite:

...and just to attention-ho a bit, I posted a new J&C skit today for anyone interested.

Caro, I have an orchestra question that maybe you could answer. If you had to ballpark it, how much would you think each member of the orchestra is getting paid for the performance? I assume it involves at least the afternoon practice with Jesse and partly with Clay, along with each evening's performance. I'm just nosy, and am curious about the cost. Forty-two musicians plus maybe the conductor plus the local guitar and bass players = what? Ten Grand? I have no clue...

The message board?

Aiken for More

the other?

graphics website....

September Skies

and her Clay fansite.

Aiken for More the fansite

rcknrllmom, I loved your daughter's site! I registered and I left her comments on her beautiful graphics. It looks like she's a Harry Potter fan.

And I have seen most if not all of your montages too. I'm a big fan :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The House of Pies?!?!

Oh. I confess. When I first saw this I thought it said "The House of Penis"

what.

Couchie, I don't know what's going on now re: tailgate party at the A's game. Turns out the softball team is having a practice from 5:30-7:30, and if Carrie misses it, she won't be able to start in the first game of the REgional tournament next weekend! I can't do that to her! She started this morning and was outstanding (not as pitcher, though...she hit a two-run, BUNT homerun! :scream: Amazing. She laid down a perfect bunt and high-tailed it to first, beat the throw, which was overthrown, and then motored to second--another misplay by the other team's outfield and she whizzed around all the way to home! Woo Hoo! Then later, she made two great defensive plays in left field and had a hard driven single that drove in two more runs! Her bat is back!

So I just can't cause her to sit out the first game because she misses a practice....I don't know what we're doing..I'll keep you posted, though, for sure. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Between games today, hubby and I went shopping at Lowes for floor tiles and appliances and countertop material...picked out a gorgeous tile...nice to think about, at least. No money for hte real thing right now, though.

Pooped again. :TourExcite:

Caro, I have an orchestra question that maybe you could answer. If you had to ballpark it, how much would you think each member of the orchestra is getting paid for the performance? I assume it involves at least the afternoon practice with Jesse and partly with Clay, along with each evening's performance. I'm just nosy, and am curious about the cost. Forty-two musicians plus maybe the conductor plus the local guitar and bass players = what? Ten Grand? I have no clue...

Here's the stab in the dark. I can ask a symphony player what the going rate is these days. My BIL is a minister of music, and musicians get paid by "services" -- a rehearsal and a performance are both called a service. Whether they symphony pays more for a performance than a rehearsal, I don't know. I have played in various orchestras, and it makes a difference if the symphony is union, too.

The going rate around here for church jobs is $60 for a rehearsal and $60 for one church service. Two Sunday morning services = two performances. Hope this helps. :)

Treenuts, that is awesome and a great way to have fireworks. :lol:

Caro

Edited by Carolina Clay

Here's the stab in the dark. I can ask a symphony player what the going rate is these days. My BIL is a minister of music, and musicians get paid by "services" -- a rehearsal and a performance are both called a service. Whether they symphony pays more for a performance than a rehearsal, I don't know. I have played in various orchestras, and it makes a difference if the symphony is union, too.

The going rate around here for church jobs is $60 for a rehearsal and $60 for one church service. Two Sunday morning services = two performances. Hope this helps. :)

Caro

I'm a musician - I play piano and keyboards. I recently got paid $100.00 for a funeral, which is the going rate when there's only a few day's notice. There was no rehearsal, and I played for a half-hour service. When I play for church, I get $80.00 for each service. If I rehearse with the church band, I get $30.00 an hour. Rehearsals are usually around two hours, and are actually a lot of fun. This is just my weekend 'job' - I have a day job during the week. It's a nice chunk of change for only a few hour's work.

I don't know if symphony musicians are paid on the same pay scale.

Edited by Gibby

whoo hooo..just spent the last couple of hours plotting stuff out for the California 4fer with Ansa...it seemed so far away before but now I feel behind. I'll start posting stuff in the thread this week. For those not attending the big Pala party, I'm having a picnic party at a winery in Temercula. I'll supply details for that later this week. I'll be hanging with my sister in law and don't think she's up for a full force Clay experience. The concert will be enough. :cryingwlaughter:

But eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... one month away. LOL..yeah yeah yeah I know it's just a few days for some of us...

I know it's just a few days for some of us...
Not even a few now, just TWO

:Tour3:

I'm having no problems staying up late at night to watch Clack --- tonight, some AC JBT I had not seen before, the Boston husband banter, and just lately I've come to hugely appreciate ANMHE. I've watched video of it from most of the venues and that one does draw me in.

And a montage to In The Air Tonight that LCV shared with me at OFC has required multiple viewings tonight. As if I wasn't in enough of a heightened state already!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0sfEjji1mw0

bwah don't even have to look and I know what that is...yep... it's quite stimulating.

ok different video..heee..love it..always loved that song.

Here's the stimulating one..do not open in mixed company or at work or around family and friends - you have been warned.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee Keeping faith... it's almost here!!

The House of Pies?!?!

Oh. I confess. When I first saw this I thought it said "The House of Penis"

muski, House of Pies is here. It's a delicious institution that has the best blueberry pancakes ever.

House of Penis is up the road a piece in Austin.

Clay content?? Um, I think I've covered it.

:lilredani: <<<<<<<That's her, officer, the one that tried to kill me!!

Seriously, I wanna know how this sqeezer person got into my safe deposit box. I never leave those kind of tapes lying around....never.

BOING!!! BOING!!!! BOING!!!!BOING!!!!BOING!!!!! All four walls and the ceiling!

Bounce much, K'eh?

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

Edited by Karen Eh?