Wichita, KS -- Nov. 26, 2007

ldyjocelyn

CV stream didn't cut out - they crowd erupted at the end!

He said it is ok to scream in church, you don't have to be so quiet, before DSIAFCD.

They stood when he hit the glory note in DSIAFCD and never sat down till the end.

Doubts there will be a bus line.

More about the Afghanastan story
He always helped her with the christmas lights .. but was in Afghanistan ... so she left them up and turned them on every night until he made it home safe about 4 months after Christmas

Aww. :cry4:

bwah.... uh oh vinigrette watcher..heee I love teasing my big bad YSRN..she's such a softie

I agree about the voice... and I guess he is putting the Christmas back in his CHristmas show this year. I can live with that especially if the voice sounds like that in Minneapolis.

:lol: Yeah, I'm a sap!

Ok....I'll probably not listen to other cellcerts...I don't want to grow weary of the songs....and I can't understand what the storytellers are saying....I DO hope he can insert (heh) some levity at some point into the format---maybe a funny story here and there. The feeling of the show is very staid and controlled and formal---at least this one is...maybe it'll loosen up...

But ultimately....

the

VOX :Thud:

I'm proud of him.

Yay for audio clack. And I think I'll tune out and go to work. I jsut want to relish the sound of Clay's voice and his artistry..cuz to me that's what it is all about.

Muski I expect he will add some banter but not a lot because it will be in just a few specific places so as not to interrupt the flow of the show.

Ok....I'll probably not listen to other cellcerts...I don't want to grow weary of the songs....and I can't understand what the storytellers are saying....I DO hope he can insert (heh) some levity at some point into the format---maybe a funny story here and there. The feeling of the show is very staid and controlled and formal---at least this one is...maybe it'll loosen up...

But ultimately....

the

I'm proud of him.

But I think this is exactly the type of mood he is going for. The last two tours was practically the Clay Aiken comedy hour. I think this time around he wanted to focus on the spirit of the season...the music. I can see funny or fun story placed before the Its the most wonderful time medley, but its hard to see them coming in any other time.

If there will be a time he talks to the audience it probably will be before DSIAFCD.

I am so impressed at the music this time around. The arrangements are very complex and Clay was really playing around with th presentation of each song...

I can;t wait for Clack.

But ultimately....

the

I'm proud of him.

OK, even if I had wanted to listen I couldn't have because I fell asleep on my sofa right after I ate my dinner! Just woke up and now I'm not tired - just in time to go to bed.

Glad to hear the vox is in great shape. Sad to hear very little banter and levity. I LOVE funny Clay. I remember after Williamsport last year people who worked there kept commenting how funny he was. They LOVED that!

I am not going to judge stories - either the concept or the content - when I didn't hear them and wasn't there, but FOR ME PERSONALLY, the last thing I want to sit through are sad stories at Christmas. Its a depressing time of year anyway and there is so much sadness in real life - I don't need to be reminded of it at a concert. Clay can be so funny and joyful. Why insert sadness?

I don't know. Maybe it works in person.

Now, I NEED to see the PANTS and the HAIR!

That was wonderful.....wish I was going this year!

Poor Clay - now he will have to wade through the bunches of happy people at OFC who loved the show, just to read the criticism.

I have learned to avoid the aftermath of a concert, on most boards, it is like signing up for a downer, and in a way makes no sense at all.

I would love to hear Good News again.

Still trying to get my thoughts together on this show; wasn't what I expected at all and I am still not sure about the stories, but hearing it on a garbled cellstream versus actually being at the venue has to make a difference.

He sounded in great voice and even though the pictures were blurry, looked great! I am anxious to see the clack of the show...I won't be going until Merrillville and there is no way I can wait three weeks to see this.

Does seem to be much more of a formal show; but it was nice not to hear screaming through the show and "I Love You's".

Looking forward to the rest of the tour and seeing how he tweaks it (or not). I bet he will be on the OFC sometime tonight to get feedback.

Kim

I love the way Clay always keeps things fresh and new. He never bores me because he is always changing and trying out new things. I don't see the stories as inserting "sadness" at all, I am sure each one of them has hope to it. I think this show is going to be something amazing live. I am going to try not to watch too much clack between now and Friday, but I don't know that I will be able to resist it all. I just don't have the willpower! Must.See.OHN. And have it on my iPod. Hee.

I am appalled at the disrespect towards Clay that I've heard and read tonight, elsewhere. I will be staying away from most other boards this week. I want to celebrate Clay! There is so much to celebrate. I realize that everything he does will not be everyone's favourite, but let the man stretch and grow and expand his boundaries. Let him try out new things, let him experiment. Some fans are the worst ones for putting Clay in a box, IMO.

I only got in at DSIAFCD -- how many songs had different arrangements? How long did each half last? I skimmed and saw some of the new songs -Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! And he was always onstage but towards the back? Was the stage mostly dark or was the stage well-lit but their clothes were dark?

I certainly can't (and am not going to anyway since feelings are at stake here) the stories since I couldn't hear them One thing to keep in mind is that they will be different every night or most will be different. They didn't feel overly long to me..it's not like they went on for 5 minutes. And I just won't accept anyone's reaction to them but my own.

Scarlett...heee preparing for something are we LOL.

SO much more singing..so many more songs..because other than the stories it's all Clay singing. I bet it's 30 minutes more singing than last year. I'm sure someone will run a stopwatch on it heh.

ETA: Oh I like being on the other side of the world..... I heard FCA from the cellcert too..like somebody from here was getting clack. LOL...

Some fans are the worst ones for putting Clay in a box, IMO.

Oh, but dontcha know their box is vastly superior!

Play, don't tempt me, I cannot miss any work whatsoever, I signed the Contract From Hell this time.

I love seeing how Clay does things differently each year, and each year his voice gets more rich and sure - for me, a win-win. Of course, I am one who does things like turn off the TV if I don't like anything that is on, I don't watch or listen to stuff I don't like, life's too short.