Wichita, KS -- Nov. 26, 2007

ldyjocelyn

I also think it would be better to wait and see what you get before not liking it, A cellcert does not a concert make.

Disclaimer, you will have to rip my cellcert from my cold dead hands. I am not against technology, I just think that you should not fool yourself into thinking you had a concert experience based on a cellphone.

Yup, and my cold dead hands likewise. Not sure why, when the sound sucks this bad, but I gotta have it. More than "Heroes".

I thought the reception on the cellcert was pretty bad. I can't figure out how you can judge a show by that!

You can't--not really.

Hell, half the members here didn't know it was a board until they joined heee.

maybe I need to hire a publicist

BWAH!!!

oops wrong quote...hee

CG...I wouldn;t presume anything from that. For all we know the tour is stressful for Raleigh and this is something she wants. I really would be careful making conclusions about a family and their motivations from what we can observe in the surface.

CG... we have absolutely no idea why Clay may have left Raleigh behind. Maybe she is pregnant, or sick or... Maybe he wants some one-on-one time with Durham to teach him some manners. Maybe he will do half the tour with each dog. Maybe we'll find out the reason from another M&G. Is that enough "maybes" for everyone??? LOL

Read that someone got video of the entire concert. eeeeeeee!!!

Geez! I cannot believe anyone here thought I was really mad at Clay because of Raleigh! Only couchie got that I was kidding!!

(Although I do feel bad for Raleigh....)

Pfft, I thought you all left here already

So from Smartypantsuz on CV

The readers did get to meet Clay. He had the stories typed up on card stock and he signed them. He told them each why he picked their stories. They didn't think that Clay was there for the rehearsal but she saw him. He had a shirt or something that said Canada on it. She just got word Sunday that she would be reading it. Clay told her that no matter how slow she talked it wouldn't be too slow. She talks FAST!!! Long coat is from JNT'05! His hair was feathered and he's got the old cheekbones back. Has lost weight.

I'm with DJS, it is fine if someone does not enjoy a show, Clay cannot be everything to everyone. But don't claim that all fans won't like it. Diverse, people!!! We are diverse! I also think it would be better to wait and see what you get before not liking it, A cellcert does not a concert make.

And weren't there a whole lot of naysayers the first night of the summer tour? Especially over the medleys? People who ended up being ok with it once they saw it and it evolved a little bit? I'm more than willing to wait until I see it live to make up my mind... but I admit it, I'm pretty easy to please so I am ok with what I heard tonight... I'd like to think that he'll be doing this for years to come so there's plenty of time for all the songs that people don't get now, for shows to have more banter, etc., etc. I like the change ups from year to year... I do love his banter but this is a Christmas show so it doesn't surprise me that there might not be that much of it this year. I love the funny, but maybe this year, this isn't the time or the place...

Awww sorry I misread your post CG....I just know that you love animals so much and how soft hearted you are...

Nice save! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And if he is fitting into the long black coat from the JN05, he really has lost weight! I think that was the skinniest I had ever seen him. He was almost too thin!

Must go to bed - even if my little nap seems to have revived me!

But I sure would love a picture before I go.....

I'm listening to Deborah's mp3 from the beginning -- OMG! This is just beautiful!!! I love that he started with Emmanuel -- sets the right tone.

ETA: I *heart* "everlasting light" from "O Little Town of Bethlehem"

Thank you for the heads up...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Good God... (heh). Silent Night is mahvelous!!!

Yes YSRN, it seemed like another song that was also named "Silent Night".

I'm on the 2nd set now and Eeeeee for starting on OHN. Perfect choices for starting songs for each set!

This is up at ClackUnlimited, right? If not, here are temporary links:

Set 1 - deborah760

Set 2 - deborah760

JaMar and I are just back from the concert. Yep, we hung around until the buses pulled out at exactly 12:01...no busline. We're frozen.

But still, it was a wonderful concert, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. My fingers are too frozen to type right now though. We met up with Gibby. She has clack and we're on our way up to her room to watch.

post more later when I thaw out.

Good God... (heh). Silent Night is mahvelous!!!

Yes YSRN, it seemed like another song that was also named "Silent Night".

I'm on the 2nd set now and Eeeeee for starting on OHN. Perfect choices for starting songs for each set!

This is up at ClackUnlimited, right? If not, here are temporary links:

Set 1 - deborah760

Set 2 - deborah760

I think Scarlett left out a word in her links. These should work:

Set 1 - deborah760

Set 2 - deborah760

Hee. The smuttiest person I know left out the word "members" in a url.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to Couchie

Hey, my FCA peeps! Sounds like ya'll are enjoying the audio from deborah. It's gorgeous, isn't it? Clay was wonderful tonight. The concert definitely had a more formal feel to it, and the VOX was front and center. I loved it.

I'm too tired to give a detailed recap. Jamar and Bookwhore came to our room to check out the little bit of clack I got. Heee, we saw Perma's post about Clay's blog and they came FLYING across the room and yelled at me for not pulling it up on the screen fast enough!! We loved the blog. Almost as much as we loved the concert!

I do have a little bit of clack for you. Unfortunately I'm just learning to use a new, fairly inexpensive video camera, so the clack isn't great. Apparently SLC got video, so I won't post much of mine, 'cuz I'm sure hers is much better! Anyway, here's part of the Jingle Bells medley:

Partial Jingle Bells Medley (mpeg)

ETA: I converted the mpeg to a wmv so it's smaller file and doesn't take as long to download:

Partial Jingle Bells Medley (wmv)

hey gibby...thanks for the clack I'm about to download.

I have to tell you... listening to the cellcert..well half listening... all I Heard was FCA. ANd I knew it had to do with someone from FCA having clack. It was so funny to hear our little invisible board's name on the cellcert and someone claiming us as their own. That turns out to be you heee. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

wahhhhhhhhhhh I can't figure out this stupid megaupload. What am I doing wrong.

don't I sound mature. hee

yes then it said wait 45 seconds... then what.. I get a link but it won't open..

you showboat LOL I will stay up all night until I watch clack.

OK duh..downloading ...and watching GH heee I forgot all about it in my Clay excitement

WOW! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT TIDBIT. WOW! I love that arrangement.. that's not my mother's winter wonderland and jingle bells heee.

Gibby, please send more. *puppy eyes* My dear Disney pal & RC-front-seat buddy SLC will upload a lot of purty clips, but I'd love to see yours because they're yours.

Thanks v. much for what you've sent so far!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Scarlett, you're very sweet! I have another clip uploading right now.

Hey, since you're such a clack goddess, maybe you can tell me if there's an editing program that will take out some of the orange cast in some of my clips. They aren't all orange, but some are verrrrry orangish. Any suggestions?

Scarlett, you're very sweet! I have another clip uploading right now.

Hey, since you're such a clack goddess, maybe you can tell me if there's an editing program that will take out some of the orange cast in some of my clips. They aren't all orange, but some are verrrrry orangish. Any suggestions?

Eeeeeeee! Thanks Gibby! Sony Vegas (premium) is what I use for changing hue; it's somewhat pricey though. There may be others that can do this as well.

Or if you're not in a hurry, I could edit it for you sometime (eg. after Christmas); I just have too much committed right now and have also had some rather significant items happen in RL too.

The tint issue tends to happen a lot with the JNT shows -- remember Invisible926's Good News photos from Atlanta JNT04 (wow, that was long ago!) I did edit ClayFaninVA's (aka LonelyNoMore's) Red Bank clips to bring down the reds&oranges and bump up the blues&greens.

Thanks again for all this! (Oh and btw, if you run into VWP please give her a v. big hug!)

ETA: I'm glad TC learned to value lighting enough to create a position for it in the tour. Dare I wish for lighting design by David Hersey? (yes, I'm dreamin)

I didn't get home until 3:30 am but I'm still wide awake. My daughter and I drove up to Wichita for the concert. She has never seen Clay before. I'll admit I was disappointed when I realized she wasn't going to get to see how funny he is, but in the long run it didn't matter, she thought his voice was beautiful and she absolutely loved the concert and him.

May we have a moment of silence as we say a fond farewell to his hometown connection roots while welcoming the new standard of professionalism in musicality, appearance and tone of this concert. The music, arrangements, voice, sets, nice fitting suit and the girls dresses were outstanding and get a :perfect10: from me.

I was one who wasn't sure about the stories and I loved them. Yes, the one about the woman losing her son just before Christmas had me in tears, but although her story was sad, it was inspirational as to how she was able to find her way back to having joy and hope again. I ran into her in the ladies room and hugged her and told her how much her story meant to me and that was the truth. The stories got to me and made me all mushy inside and as much as feeling mushy is something I try to avoid, it felt good.

I wish I'd known you guys were at the buses, I would have liked to have met you. We didn't plan on staying for the buses but once we got out there it was hard to leave. It was fun and we did get one little wave as he got on the bus.

Also, thanks Couchie, my pins arrived today before I pulled out so I wore my favorite DCITH one and my daughter wore the other.

can't figure out how you can judge a show by that!

Bwah! If you have already decided you are not gonna like the show, or that you are too cool or sophisticated to like that kind of show, or you feel as if you should somehow be entitled to design the show to suit yourself, because yourself is the bestest uber-cool superior-type fan then it is tres easy!

Really after years of this, there should be a drinking game designed around the traditionally negative comments - maybe we could post our predictions like a DWTS contest - points for nailing exact comments, points for predicting who made them. Or MAD-Libs.

Really, it has gotten so predictable it is kinda funny, some of the comments and commentators make me feel that Actual Clay disappeared a loooong time ago for them, it really is not about Clay any more, but about themselves.

Which of course is their right, but now I see the humor in the predictable reactions, and those reactions don't have much effect any more, I just find it odd that people hang around hoping Clay will morph into someone else that suits them better.

So that is why I don't think many of the happily-harsh-your-high peeps are all that into Real Clay anymore, this is some kind of weird pastime that evidently they are contractually bound to or invested in. Like scrapbookers who are kinda tired of scrapbooking, but have spent a lot of money on fancy pinking shears and stickers, they enjoy the get-togethers, but not the actual scrapbooks.

Maybe that is a natural progression of any entertainer's fan base - some fans no longer are content to watch or listen, they feel the need to direct and participate. They are more fans of themselves. JMO, after reading years of posts.

It is like feeling that one must critique every TV show, every CD offering, etc., not just pick and choose the ones you really like - yep, it is subjective, but this is a fan club, not a job. If I don't like something, I don't watch or listen, it makes no sense to do that. Unless, I guess, I somehow thought that my sensibilities were so superior that others must feel that way too. If a person is continuously unhappy with both Clay and the delusional tasteless fans who love him, there would seem to be a clue in there somewhere.

Seems to me that there are fans who really have somehow never been happy with Actual Clay at all.

Heeee....like if some of Kenny G's fans would love him best if only he would sing.

That's not a rant, that's just my now-giggling reaction to the continuous and ongoing tentacle-filled Mist that seems to surround anything Clay does. Good grief, I used to think fans were people who enjoyed an entertainer in real time. I would apologise for anything I said that seems a downer criticism, but people seem to feel no need to be sorry to inflict downers on me, so I call it even.

Yay! Got my pins today, both designs are festive, thanks to all who envisioned, designed, ordered, and sent them on their merry way!