# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

So am I the only one who is scared spitless for him then? *bites nails*

:clay:

Permaswooned, you gave me goosebumps (the good kind!) reading your post. Awesome!! Go CLAY!!!

I honestly don't know how I'll live through his debut on Broadway - I get all knotted up just thinking about it. :-}

Cindilu No, you are not the only one, I get very nervous for him before performances...actually to the point, where I sometimes can't even enjoy it until it is over and then I have to watch it again to really appreciate it. Don't know why because he never disappoints; I think a lot of it is because I worry if he isn't just so, the fans will be getting on him and I hate seeing that on the boards.

Kim

So am I the only one who is scared spitless for him then? *bites nails*

Permaswooned, you gave me goosebumps (the good kind!) reading your post. Awesome!! Go CLAY!!!

I honestly don't know how I'll live through his debut on Broadway - I get all knotted up just thinking about it. :-}

Ditto to the goosebumps from PermaSwooned. Awesome post, Perma! :clap:

But I never get nervous for Clay. Come on, folks, Clay is a pro. If he's nervous, it won't show. Actually, as an entertainer, he will be in his element. A little bit of nervousness keeps you on your toes. :)

Caro listen.gif

aikim and Caro, I knowwwww he's a pro, and he never disappoints (not actually possible as far as I'm concerned) and I know it's not rational. And I can't explain it. But it's real. I can hardly watch a live show. Ask luckiest1. *g* There's a reason my 'location' used to be 'hiding behind the sofa cushions'. :cryingwlaughter:

Permaswooned... WOW!!!... that picture is a work of art... the shadows, the coloring! WOW!!!

Then your post... :clap:

I thought something changed for Clay the night of AI2 Solitaire. He just looked like he really finally felt he belonged up there. There was utter self-confidence in him that night. Just a calmness and peacefulness, like he had looked into the future and it was good.

And, AI3 Solitaire. That walk out onto the stage... pure awesomeness in motion. I thought that note would never end and have replayed both so many times.

I have no doubt he'll nail it tonight! He always does when it is important... he pulls something extra out of himself when it matters the most. He is just so extraordinary!

Hope we get clack... and we know we'll get verbal clack at the very least.

Then 11 days till Vegas! Have we figured out where to rendevous that night?

aikim and Caro, I knowwwww he's a pro, and he never disappoints (not actually possible as far as I'm concerned) and I know it's not rational. And I can't explain it. But it's real. I can hardly watch a live show. Ask luckiest1. *g* There's a reason my 'location' used to be 'hiding behind the sofa cushions'. :cryingwlaughter:

Hee, she's not kidding. I'll never forget the AI5 experience for as long as I live. :cryingwlaughter:

I used to feel the same way. I'm not sure when exactly I got past it....but it was a while ago. I still get butterflies in my stomach, but I am able to enjoy live appearances more than before, for sure. I just don't worry about him anymore. I know he's going to nail it, every time.

Although opening night on Broadway.....that's going to be something! :clap:

Cindilu No, you are not the only one, I get very nervous for him before performances...actually to the point, where I sometimes can't even enjoy it until it is over and then I have to watch it again to really appreciate it. Don't know why because he never disappoints; I think a lot of it is because I worry if he isn't just so, the fans will be getting on him and I hate seeing that on the boards.

Kim

I think the nervousness is a legacy of AI. I know I can never relaxed when watching a show thats why it would be so much fun to watch t all over again when we know what happens. I do remember how the boards were when we found out Clay was goign to sing Solitaire... How people were so upset about the choice and were so sure that Simon would crucify him for it...hee

About fans reaction...right now I pretty much know what boards to avoid. I usually stay here now when something is happening live and do not take some people's report to heart. There are just people that love of be the bearer of bad news.

Perma...thanks for the walk down memory lane.

To those attending the show...HAVE FUN!!!

can;t wait for your reports...

Yup...that's pretty much still me! :clay: I completely know it's not rational, but it just is! Concerts I have no problem with, because, I think, I think of him as just being with family and friends.

So, I'll be here at home, willing him through it tonight. :lmaosmiley-1:

I think we'll at least have audio clack; I received an enquiry from a friend who uses the same capture device that I have, as to how to get it uploaded when she has it. She's set to go with the info, and with the device...keeping my fingers crossed!

Fear will be copying my comments to here at intermission and after the show.

I never worry about Clay, he has a quick mind and can change any disadvantage to his advantage. Critis - pfft, I no longer wait for him to thrill critics, most of them make up their mind before they attend these affairs.

OK, off to shower and dress and go.

weeps again for Sedaka...

And yes, my appointment is 26 minutes from now...

And no, I haven't left yet.

I'm sorta trying not to hyperventilate....

I feel so stupid to be so afraid...

But I really am going...

Tonight's the Night??!!! Holy Crap, I forgot! :onFire: Why didn't somebody remind me? I've gotta wash my hair and shave my legs! :onFire: What'll I wear? OMGosh!! :onFire:

I have a date with my Supersexyhottformecan'twaittodohimoverandoverandoveragain boyfriend tonight!!!! :yahoo:

I'm not actually going, you understand. But I'm sure there'll be a 'cert somewhere. I better go start getting ready...:lipstick:

But I really am going...

:console: I hope it goes well.

But I really am going...

My appointment/date with the devil is next Friday. Just think...by then yours will be over.

:)

You can do it!!!

I have this tendency of trying not to post after several people before me have already spoken my very thoughts so well that I just don't feel the need to be redundant. (Ha, maybe this is why my post count remains so low!)

But here, at FCA, I am getting just a teensy tiny bit braver. ......one small step for zena.....

I cannot, not respond to your post, Permaswooned. You have been so blessed to have been able to experience, in person, some of those "starshine" moments Clay has . And I, among many, as you can see, am very grateful that you share them so eloquently and generously with your words and those :Thud: pictures of light and shadow and angles of the essence of Clay. Just WOW and thankyou.

And the strangest thing is that for me, thousands of miles away, literally and figuratively, from those kind of live magical moments, I have always known, even through the blurry mirror of television and clack and my sometime rose coloured glasses, that he is "every inch a star".

I can't get nervous for him. He has proven himself again and again. I believe he considers himself his strongest critic, and has long past learned his present and his future belongs only to him. It will be Neil Sedaka's night but Clay cannot help but shine.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

:clap: Wonderful post, zena. I'm so glad I got to meet you in Houston!

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip down memory lane. Those of us who were there were trying to imprint every second on our memory's so that we could fill in all the details. Of course, AI tapes LIVE to the east coast, so others were seeing the same thing we were, but there's always extra things happening that don't show up on TV!

And since you are a fan of light and shadow....here's one more Solitaire moment to share

JBTBos1.jpg

S-O-L-I-T-A-I-R-E!!!!!!!

I am ridiculously excited about an event I am not attending.

GO CLAY!!!!!

Those pictures from the JBT are of a different man from the one shown in pics from the DCAT, aren't they? I mean...the MAN'S not different, but his countenance is---the face is soooooo different.

Look at the angles and edges and chiseled features here....then look at some of the DCAT pics...amazing, really.

But then...not. If I were to put a today pic of MY fat face up next to a pic of that same face two years ago...I'm quite sure we'd be searching for some missing angles and edges on the current pics...

indeed. :cry4:

I'm pooped. Absolutely exhausted. I've been totally useless the last two hours here at work--I hit a wall and am just thinking and going in circles. I think I'll pack it in for the day and resign myself to spending some hours back here tomorrow. shit.

Sunday? Nope...got softball and soccer to watch! :clap:

Ooooh....I hope KAndre's toofie's okay... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OMG! What time does Clay sing? It's already 7:30 pm where he is! :party038:

Break a Leg, GibbyJr!

Thank you, Cotton! I'll let you know how it goes. The kids are all really excited about the show.

I was reminiscing over at CV about seeing him at the AI3 taping where he returned to sing a shortened version of his Solitaire single. A friend of mine got tickets and invited me to go. My fellow fans and I held our breath and grabbed each other the whole time he was singing. He came in looking every inch the star.

I noted that the TV studio where the show is taped is "mic'd" for the TV feed, and the sound is really muffled and hard to hear in the studio. It was the final 12 results night show, and their group song sounded soft and flat. That's why it was so stunning when Clay started to sing. His voice was so powerful it absolutely filled the entire studio. Unbelievable. You could feel his voice reverberating in every cell of your body. We let our breath out at the end and just hugged each other with tears in our eyes. I'll be forever grateful that I got to experience that in person.

I also went to the Leno taping in Las Vegas. The one where he was wearing his glasses and wore that quirky outfit. Because the stage is small, they had to completely clear it of the desk and couch at the last commercial break to make room for the band and for Clay. Jay and the guests stood over at the far edge of the stage while he sang.

There were plenty of fans there, but lots of regular folks and high rollers taking in a Leno taping. Clay sang and absolutely blew everyone completely away. He got a standing ovation, which was still going on as the credits rolled. We got to watch Jay and the guests and staffers come up and just shake their heads and just gush all over him. It was that remarkable. What a special moment.

Wow, you're giving me goosebumps, just from reading the description! What fantastic memories for you. I'm jellus. :)

But I really am going...

Please come back and let us know how it went! What does your dentist do to help you out when you get there? It sounds like he's a pretty amazing dentist.

JBTBos1.jpg

S-O-L-I-T-A-I-R-E!!!!!!!

GO CLAY!!!!!

GAH, what a gorgeous picture of a gorgeous man!! Thanks so much for posting it.

Muski, I hope you're able to relax some this weekend and recharge your energy! Sounds like your job is going to be pretty demanding for a couple of weeks.

S-O-L-I-T-A-I-R-E!!!!!!!

I am ridiculously excited about an event I am not attending.

GO CLAY!!!!!

You're not the only one. I'm jumping up and down and have to keep reminding myself there's no TV, no cellcert, no nuttin', so I'm getting myself worked up awfully early. I'm sure we'll get some reports from playbiller and Scarlett, and from other boards, and hopefully eventually some clack, but chances are there won't be much for hours. Which is why I just made myself a cup of coffee. EEEE!!!!!!!!

PermaSwooned thank you for the life like description of Clay's performances. You made me feel like I was right there with you....you have a wonderful way with words.

Pets KAndre because she's so brave. :whistling-1: Hopefully your experience will make you less anxious in case you have to do this again. :cry4:

Play, you are so right about Clay's critics. They have their articles already written before the event takes place. If they do attend I hope they realize that he isn't a petite blond with blue eyes who lived with his mother right up to the day he auditioned for AI. Can't wait for your observations!

:hugs-1::elephanthugs: to all you SoCal peeps.

KarenEh, what's the latest in your busy global life?

EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kewl. I'll tune in. Thanks, bottlecap!!

From CH:

Corabeth just checked in from the theater:

The theater filling up, tons of men there. She hasn't seen anyone famous yet; seats are sold up to the highest level. Clay is listed 2nd in program (it's not alphabetical). She's not sure if that means he's performing 2nd or not. Natalie Cole is listed first.

More later. There won't be an intermission.

Lakelady posted at CV:

My sister Playbiller just called and the place is packed. She said they are still seating people so it will be late starting. She is going to call me as things progress. If she can. She has front row mezzanine and has a great view.

We have sond at CV! Whether we can understand the talking is still up for grabs! :lol:

Caro

Good question, jamar. From FearofH20 reporting at CV:

My sister Playbiller just called and the place is packed. She said they are still seating people so it will be late starting. She is going to call me as things progress. If she can. She has front row mezzanine and has a great view.