#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

:hb2: kareneh!!!! You sly person you. Have fun today -- you eHP people keep her out of trouble, OK?

Yeah, right!

rohdy, it sounds like you're doing a FINE job with the book donations! The whole "rolling the books on stage" thing sounds wrong to me too; I like the idea of having an announcement during the intermission.

cindilu2 -- :woman:

Regarding the GMA thing this morning....see, I think Clay knew in his heart-of-hearts that he was onto something with his medley. Maybe just a little before the curve, but still.

Have a great day everyone!

AHHHHH! I'm on top!!!! And I think I'm falling......help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

well Karen eh...they are all pretty energetic and excited now....have fun guys and we expect a hello !!!

(((00lsee))) hope you are feeling better soon.

this weekend I gotta study for my drivers learners permit. Yeah I still do not have a license. I tried to get one 19 years ago bu when i flunked my first driving test I never tried again. Now I'm ready to try and get that license. Tuesday will be the first step. I took a preactice test and I did very well...but I still need to read that thick driving manual.

I finished my Christmas playlist. There are 230 songs...60 is Clay and this is the first step to getting in the Christmas mood. I am one that totally love Christmas. I don't even mind Christmas songs getting played or Christmas decoration going up in the stores early. I love Christmas music so I enjoy listening to it and I just think Christmas decorations make stores and homes prettier. This is also one time I enjoy shopping for gifts. If I have money I like to be generous with my gifts. I love thinking it out and planning things. Wrapping the gifts and seeing the tree full of presents. Unfortunately ...my hubby does not have the same love for Christmas ...so he grudgingly puts up the lights, buy gifts and get into the spirit, so I totally understand that not everyone feels the same way about this time of the year.

I was thinking though...that having such a big annual celebration is something that people need. I think even if Christians never existed, I believe something like Christmas will still exist that allows people to slow down and look back on the year and get together with family and celebrate.

well better start with studying...no more procrastinating...

Happy Birthday, Karen Eh!

ansa, good luck with your driving test. I failed my first one too, but I still maintain that it was because the woman testing me was a total bitch and made me nervous. Passed the second one no problem. Then when I went to get my school bus license, in a totally different city, who should the tester be but the same freaking woman as the first time? I mean, what are the odds???? But I was pissed enough that I didn't let her intimidate me that time.

I finished my Christmas playlist. There are 230 songs...60 is Clay and this is the first step to getting in the Christmas mood.

Hee, my Christmas playlist has exactly two songs on it that are non-Clay. One is the Bing/David Bowie version of Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy. The other is a song I discovered a couple of years ago by Relient K called In Like A Lion (Always Winter). I used to have a bunch of other stuff, but I just don't feel the need to listen to it anymore. Clay's versions of the classics are so much better than anyone else's. :)

merrieeee, I would miss your extra ee's! :cry4: Happy to hear you got your clack back! Now you should back it up somewhere else, just in case.....

Beautiful Cotton; I lovebird watching! I was putting out nuts for the squirrels this morning and there were 3 blue jays in the tree...they like peanuts too and it is fun to watch them swoop down and grab one and then fly away.

Picked the last of my parsley and oregano from the garden this morning; I was suprised it was still growing. It smells wonderful and it is nice to have that last reminder of summer.

Thinking I might start my Christmas baking today as my week-ends are going to be filled up with WFI and I won't have as much time.

Kim

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN EH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bday:

Thank you for bringing so many pretties to us!! It was so great meeting and getting to know you this summer.

Have fun with the eHP, minus Solo. Of course, how can you NOT have fun with the eHP (even without Solo....)!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ansa - Good luck with the driving!!! You know what they say - better late than never!

Beautiful Cotton; I lovebird watching! I was putting out nuts for the squirrels this morning and there were 3 blue jays in the tree...they like peanuts too and it is fun to watch them swoop down and grab one and then fly away.

Picked the last of my parsley and oregano from the garden this morning; I was suprised it was still growing. It smells wonderful and it is nice to have that last reminder of summer.

Thinking I might start my Christmas baking today as my week-ends are going to be filled up with WFI and I won't have as much time.

Kim

What kind of baking do you do? I'm kind of in the mood to bake for Christmas this year but don't know what I want to bake....since it's just me, it's kind of crazy to bake too much stuff...

Baking!

I love to bake!

I'll be baking my Nannie's Pound Cake - it is YUMMY!

And I made lemon bars last week that turned out pretty good, so I think I'll do them again. Plus - pumpkin pie and apple pie.

If I have time I'll do a chocolate chess pie, too!

I wish I had a freezer so I could start earlier! (I may get one for my b'day, but that's not till the day before T'day!

I haven't done a turkey in the last few years and have to do one this year. Hope it runs out alright! I'd be just as happy doing nothing but deserts, but somehow, I think people might want something else to eat!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Here is a cool CLay Mention:

THE ANSWER BITCH

Q:"Who are the most rabid, most passionate, most loyal fans in Hollywood? Is it the Trekkies? Claymates? Brangelina followers?"

A:"Depends on what you mean by most rabid. If you mean cougaring around on the Internet for any scrap of information about a not-gay crooner who knows his way around a flat iron, then the Claymates have that arena bagged and tagged. And yes, I just turned cougar into a verb.

"There's no comparison whatsoever!" exclaims Lycos spokesperson Kathy O'Reilly. "No other male celeb, band or movie star receives the amount of search activity that Clay generates."

There must be a way to turn "COUGARING" into a thread title!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

thBirthdayCakeClay.gif

KAREN EH?!!!!!!!

fruit.gif

Kim

What kind of baking do you do? I'm kind of in the mood to bake for Christmas this year but don't know what I want to bake....since it's just me, it's kind of crazy to bake too much stuff...

I usually just bake cookies; my kids don't eat a lot of sweets, but I like to give them to my co-workers at the holidays. Most of my recipes are family recipes that my Grandma used to make.

I usually do the frosted sugar cookies and gingerbread men and a few others. The favorite is a butter crescent cookie that is rolled in powered sugar; it has pecans in it so it is off limits to Clay.

If you would like any recipes, let me know. Do we have a recipe forum here? Might be a fun thing to do.

Kim

Boy did he think he was sexy. And I kept thinking..you aren't sexy.
BWAH! Couchie, this CMSU!

And am I the only one who thought this balloon looks like a sperm unit? :cryingwlaughter:

2.gif

Happy Birthday, Karen!!!! Enjoy your day!

Hey, KarenEh? I wanna be at your birthday lunch, dang it! :cry4: All your picture posting makes it like somebody's birthday here lots of times....Have a SUPER DOOPER day, babe! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And yes...that AIW picture IS one of my faves, too...ldyjocelyn, remember when I had that pic enlarged (heh) and on a poster waiting for you and the Pink Posse in Chicago last year? If I remember correctly, I'd written next to the pic, "C'mon in, ladies...I've been waiting for you."

:hubbahubba:

{{{jumpingjacks}}} Sending positive thoughts your way. Keep on keeping on like you've been doing. Your attitude and strength of spirit are good medicine.

Happy Birthday, Kareneh I'd find something cute to put here but I can only spend a minute to check the boards.

Only 2 days left of my vacation and I've been working harder trying to get things done in the house than I ever do at my job. I think the cleaning spray is giving me a high, I was in the kitchen till 3 am and went through a whole box of toothpicks cleaning with them. Someone stop me.

Ciao!!

Kim, my parsley and oregano grow thru the winter but our temperature rarely gets below 28 or 30 deg. Damn oregano is like a weed and just takes over the garden! A recipe forum would be fun.

Yep muski, it looks like sperm that got away.

AI rewind in 2 minutes.........bye all.

Kim, my parsley and oregano grow thru the winter but our temperature rarely gets below 28 or 30 deg. Damn oregano is like a weed and just takes over the garden! A recipe forum would be fun.

Yep muski, it looks like sperm that got away.

AI rewind in 2 minutes.........bye all.

Here in the Chicago area 28 or 30 degrees in January is considered a heat wave, so I am glad I picked it today...don't think it would have lasted much longer.

Kim

The favorite is a butter crescent cookie that is rolled in powered sugar; it has pecans in it so it is off limits to Clay.

Kim

Recipe, please!! Thanks!

Okay here you go!

Christmas Crescent Cookies

1/2 pound butter

2 cups flour

2 cups chopped pecans

7 tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 tablespoon water

1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and add sugar, vanilla and water. Sift flour and salt together and stir into mixture. Add pecans and miz thoroughly.

Using portions the size of a small walnut; roll into crescent shaped cookies. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 325 degrees. While still warm, roll in powder sugar.

Thanks, Kim, they sound YUMMY!

Oh they are, I usually have to make a couple of batches during the Holidays. They are a bit fragile so be gentle when doing the powder sugar...I usually just sift the sugar over instead of rolling.

Kim