#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

I'm caught up, both here and in the Kalamazoo thread. I didn't see anyone mention cindilu2's cleavage, though. Were y'all sleeping through the post-concert CV cellstream report? :imgtongue: She even EEEEEEEEEEEEEE'd into the phone, and said 'fucking gorgeous' in public. *ducks*

Hmmmm...who to believe?...who to believe?...

I thought this had been debunked as total myth. I thought she said:

"Oh yeah, and if anybody was listening to the CV cellcert - I just want to say that I was never in Kalamazoo. Didn't happen. No matter what you may have heard. "

It seems we have conflicting versions. :whistling-1:

I'm caught up, both here and in the Kalamazoo thread. I didn't see anyone mention cindilu2's cleavage, though. Were y'all sleeping through the post-concert CV cellstream report? :imgtongue: She even EEEEEEEEEEEEEE'd into the phone, and said 'fucking gorgeous' in public. *ducks*

Oh, burrrrn.

Hmmmm...who to believe?...who to believe?...

I thought this had been debunked as total myth. I thought she said:

"Oh yeah, and if anybody was listening to the CV cellcert - I just want to say that I was never in Kalamazoo. Didn't happen. No matter what you may have heard. "

It seems we have conflicting versions. :whistling-1:

Me. Always believe me. :blush:

Okay, clack is up of the Jazzy medley from last night. Do NOT miss this. I swear it may be my single favorite thing from all my concert experiences. His whole demeanor just exudes confidence, and his voice backs it up. I'm hoping beyond hope that somebody got him 'full body' on this one, or at least below the waist. (Down, muski!!) toni7babe, are ya listenin'???

Wow!!! It's been NINE whole days since I've posted. Did ya miss me?clean4.gif

I've only had a chance to read here and there in the last while, and I was sorely tempted to jump into the conversation a whole bunch of times, but there just wasn't time for making what I was trying to say sound credible so I just tapedshut.gif

However, it's December now and MY official Clay Christmas concert countdown month,

so if you'll excuse me, I'll be bugging you a least once a day.hellosanta.gif

Thank you so much for all the wonderful concert clack, and recaps.

I alternate days when I choose to be a concert virgin and when I choose to be an downloading fool.

It makes my heart glad that Clay appears to have created the kind of concert he had envisioned. The stories, written and read by fans are an integral part of that, and somehow, to me anyway, have only deepened the respect and love we have for Clay. Perhaps, his taking the risk in asking us to participate is an indication of his trust in us as well; he has certainly gotten to know more of us through our stories.

Duh! Is 'gotten' a word?

I am wishing myself out of my sticky floury kitchen tonight where I am surrounded by windows white with swirling snow, into a little corner of the couch in Divayenta's living room. I am pretending I can hear her playing the grand piano while I get to know all of you there. Sigh.

Seventeen more sleeps....... til Minneapolis.

:2:

For those of you who don't use the ignored wonderful view new posts button...

At our extremely busy board mistress's request, I'm starting a thread for Must See! clack.

If something really strikes your fancy, please post it, and if possible a clack file name/location.

I'll start it off by saying... ANY clack that might turn up of the Jazzy Medley (Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Jingle Bells, Sleigh Ride, Winter Wonderland) from the Kalamazoo show. Awesome!!

Thread is here.

P.S. I call DIBS on the Jingle Bells 'HEY!' thumb-point, knee-bend, hip-thrust for my avi. Just as soon as some clack appears with it. *g*

In fact, I want it made known right now that I will be marrying this medley and all you other beyotches wonderful ladies should just step off. :hubbahubba:

So CG and I just had a great dinner, emptied a bottle of cabernet and watched a DVD of the two Atlantic City JBT! I hadn't watched that one in a long time---fun, fun, fun! And whoa! The last show's performance of ICMYLM was incredible! I didn't remember hearing that one and it's likely that by the time that last show came around, I was drowning in CLACK and might not have even watched it, you know?

Anyhoo...it occurred to me while watching Clay and listening to him that he's been "in the business" twice as long now as he had been when he did JBT....and besides the hair differences and the change in his body shape :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba:, his BEING is the same....so many familiar gestures and expressions, movements. His voice seems so much fuller now, richer somehow...but his smile and silly giggles..

sigh. :flirtysmile3:

He's so CUTE! :cryingwlaughter:

Clayperfect... in her recap of her M&G from St. Louis...

He refered to it doesn't matter what he wears, hairs, songs, set etc.. someone always criticizes and picks it apart.. so he no longer worries about that and doesn't even give it the time of day..he is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.

I wish this could be posted on the front page of every board in the ClayNation! He gets it, now some of the fans just need to. LUV this man! (oh, I think I've said that before sometime or another... LOL)

Cindilu... I totally agree about the Jazzy medley. It is just the bestest of the best! He and Jesse had a bunch of fun with that one! You can tell he loves doing it, too!

Thanks, playbiller. That's really interesting.

{{{Keepingfaith}}} I feel you babes. I read through your eyes some today after your post. It was sad. I still feel sorry for myself though. :cryingwlaughter: For several years there I was deeply engaged in concert season in all its many aspects, I had my Posse, I lived in the heart of Clayland, I went to at least two, usually four or five concerts a tour. And had get-togethers in between times too. It's really different for me now, and I miss my goombas, but there's no doubt I'm excited to be going to this one concert, and having DC be the closest one is fantastic. I'm going with my new concert buddy, and we will squeeze in some sightseeing, and we're taking the train, which I love. I just wish I were there tonight too. I will count my blessings. It's all good.

I'm packed. I have to get up around 3 or 3:30. That's when I usually go to bed. :cryingwlaughter:

Has anybody heard from one of Divayenta's party goers? Inquiring minds want to know! Have you guys seen the amazing picture jojoct from CH posted? The stage all black and empty except for a spotlight on the microphone right after Clay poofs! and is gone at the end of AIW? It's great...of course, I'm too lazy to bring it here... (This is Muski...CG is probably NOT too lazy but I'm hogging her computer...heh.)

I'm back from the final Madrigal dinner of the year. Thankfully I didn't fall on my ass -- the roads were actually pretty good with no ice, but the parking lots and sidewalks were a different story! Plus, wearing medieval garb didn't help....

{{{{{{{keepingfaith}}}}}, just 'cause.

Yeah -- where's KAndre and Diva and cha cha trusty and the rest of the gang?

I hope someone brings over that picture that muski is talking about -- I want to see it. ETA: Awesome!!! Thanks liney!

Watching the clack from last night, it's interesting to me that he's tweaking the show already. The introductions of Jesse and crew at the end of the show. The different lighting. I think this is a sign of a good director. I also actually love that he's "boxed himself in" on that little piece of stage. I think that will be good practice for him when he starts Spamalot and has to hit his mark! Heh.

But then, I could be blowing smoke out of my butt.

We're baaaaaaaack!!! I'm not a recap kind of gal, but luckily for y'all, I was sitting beside luckiest1, the recap guru. So, I will just utter a pre-emptive, yeah, that!!! and offer my one word review.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Cindilu2, love all the recaps today; and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing you on the CV cellcert night. LOL, every single word! :cryingwlaughter:

So much beautfiul clack from Kalamazoo. I finally made a slide show to get more photos in my blog. :clap:

HappyBirthdaySingingHeart.gifSheiladownunder!

Have a great evening, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

Wow, that was an amazing "story telling" experience 2old4clay posted. Thanks for the link, playbiller!

I wish it was possible for all of us to experience concerts live, and even, (seein' as I'm wishing) for those who really would like that "moment" with Clay to have it.

But the temptation to let the wishing become wanting, and then needing, can really become overwhelming if I gave it permission. It's funny, isn't it, how a memory that became a story because of Clay's blogging was sent in the single hope that Clay himself would read it. And now I find myself planning to have a laptop with me in Minneapolis, just in case. doh.gif

Zena steps away from the wishing well before she falls in.

hellosanta.gif to Divayenta and all the partygoers!

Laughn...I loved your minni recap...same with cindi and luckiest, quickie...

but I really got schmoopie with smittens recap that was quoted in the Kalamazoo thread...she was the one who read the Christmas thong story...her reaction to being able to read her story...to having the audience react to her...was just soo precious. What a gift this opportunity is for all the ladies that get to read. And not only to those ladies...but I have to say I haven't heard a dull story yet. The writing and the delivery has been spot on.

Just downloaded this from canfly's clack. I loved hearing Smitten read it, she has a great voice.

Oops, I'm embarassed to quote my BD greeting but I can't see how to remove it. Oh I see it now, it's an emoticon.

Rep[rinted with permission - 2old4clay's excellent recap for those who are not members of CV.

The Heart in My Christmas This Year….

I started this 4 day adventure by driving to the Indianapolis Airport to pick up smittenwithclay, since she lost all her travel buddies and had already booked her flight.

We had never met before and so that only added to our adventure. The fact that we were both waiting and waiting and refreshing and refreshing emails gave us much to talk about on the way back to my house.

While smitten was settling in for the rest of the day, and weary from her 12 hour travel from Oregon to Indiana, I went back to finish packing for the 3-fer as best I could. I decided to separate my hanging clothes into 3 travel bags, so that I wouldn't have to carry 4 days worth of clothes into every hotel along the way.

Since it was already Tuesday afternoon and I had refreshed and checked and moaned and groaned out loud about that 'secret' email me and everyone else was waiting on, I arranged my clothes to what I would wear, with no thought of reading a story. It's not that I didn't have black, because I did, and plenty of it. Whether or not I would have black clothes with me had nothing to do with being on stage, I would be in evening dress for all the concerts. That's just me…I like to dress up and I don't have the opportunity except for something like this.

Trying to save myself time for our morning departure, I took all these prearranged clothing bags out to the car, so all I had to deal with was the suitcase in the morning. I then settled in to watch DWTS and House, and whatever other Tuesday program is on my agenda for the evening. Smitten had decided around 9 P.M. that she had to go to bed; she was just beat from all the flights. I had my laptop going all the while watching TV. I was pretty depressed. I thought, why don't they just send out rejection emails, at least I would know something. Around 10:30 or so I heard the little ding from Outlook Express and didn't think much of it, I really had lost all hope. After reading some more on the boards about everyone's concert experiences I decided to look at my new email.

I about fell off the couch, laptop and all when I saw the heading "Clayonline" …South Bend. Now that really confused me because I read that someone was told the only emails not sent out had been for Waukegan and Kalamazoo (so I was still crossing my fingers for that possibility) but SOUTH BEND…what are these people thinking? I could be on the road and never get this message…I could be without the required 'black'…well I could be just about anything …except ready! I continued on to read the body of the email to see which of my stories had been selected. I saw that it was the light hearted one about my son and his "Santa Claus" denial year. Then it dawned on me…oh no….I did not arrange my clothes in these 3 little bags to coordinate with a 'stage appearance'…so I run out the door to the cold cold garage and at

11:30 I am rearranging everything along with coordinating shoes, underwear and jewelry. So much for pre-packing!

I had just hung up the phone a bit earlier with a friend….I had to tell someone, so I called her back and told her my exciting news. I also knew I had to tell smitten but she was sleeping, it would have to wait until morning. I felt bad for her because just hours before she and I were patiently waiting and now I had the good news and she did not.

In the email I was asked to be at the venue at 4:45 the next day. Did they even know I would be in town by then? Obviously, like all of you, nothing could have stopped me.

There were 4 of us there and Jamie had all our stories in a nice binder, each story with our name on it and in the order to be read. We each went through our reading, and amazingly enough…we all were very calm and did quite well with the reading. Jamie gave us preliminary instructions on where to stand, and where she would meet us prior to the concert beginning, and after the concert for our meeting with Clay.

After Jamie brought us all in after the concert she kept walking us behind the stage area, walking and walking…like finding a place to put us. I thought this was a temporary stop until a room or something was available, but next thing I know here comes Clay bounding through the big steel doors (we were like in the loading dock area) of the venue. He said hello and then started with the introductions in the order that we read our stories on stage. As he did that he talked to each one of us individually about our stories. Not necessarily any specific content or why they were chosen but about how they each would fit into a different part of the concert with the appropriate song choice.

He didn't want us to tell him our names, he said he knew who we were, so when he came to me he said…"don't tell me …you're a…a... Georgene"...and I said yes. Then he came straight up to me and started telling me how he changed my story around and did I notice the difference? I said no I hadn't noticed. He said he didn't want my story to say that there was no Santa because there could be kids in the audience and he didn't want to ruin anything for them… but it was okay to talk about whether he existed. Oh yes, "and you know, you will be reading again tomorrow?" I said "I am? No, I didn't know"….so he says "didn't you get my email" and I replied "no I haven't, but I haven't had time to check" I thought to myself …I should have said "no, is it 10:30 yet?" (also, he could have said "didn't you get the email" but in my head he said "my"! because this conversation just seemed too personal. All the while he was telling me about changing my story his hands were describing how he changed the words! Very very animated hands.

He continued to talk to each one of us, but he definitely did all the talking. This was no question and answer session. We commented only on things he said in reference to our stories. Then it was picture time, so Angela and Quiana came out in their beautiful ball gowns and each us were able to have our picture taken with the 3 of them. My arm around his back, his around mine, being next to him….wow….just wow. I have seen this man up close before (at the Gala) and I cannot believe he is so absolutely gorgeous. He just takes my breath away. I remember when he was talking to me, he stood about a foot away and I seem to remember looking up (as I am only 5') and watching him talk, as if I was lip reading or something…I remember getting a real close look of his lovely mouth and teeth, wonderful wonderful view.

Next thing I knew he said he had something for us and went bounding out the steel doors, and then bounding back in. He said something about not being able to get us frames because most of the stories were on 2 pages. He handed each of us a beautiful printed copy of our stories which he autographed and dated. He wrote "Thanks for sharing the spirit of the season with us" Clay Aiken 28 November 2007. on mine.

After that he was gone in a flash, evidently they had forgotten to take the Meet and Greet pictures and they had called all them back after the concert to get the pictures done, so he was on another mission, while Jamie led us back out to the lobby. As we walked out we were talking about everthing that just took place and how fast it went. I was the only one that he actually told I would be reading the next evening, so the others did not know that they had been selected also. The email was there when I got back to the room and checked. I also found out that 2 others, Marilyn and PinkArmchair were sent emails to read so that was pretty exciting for all us the next day.

Clay told me that I didn't need to come to the venue the next day, but we three decided we needed to see the stage set up, and find out where Jamie would want to meet up with us. I was curious as to whether or not we would get to meet Clay a second time, Jamie said she didn't see why not, but she would have to check. I also asked about taking individual pictures with Clay, although I was pretty sure he would say no and I would be okay with that.

When Jamie met us again prior to the concert, she told us that we would be able to see Clay again, but no individual pictures, it wouldn't be fair to the rest. At that point, just seeing Clay again was the icing on the cake, we were fine with that.

After the concert in Waukegan we were again taken to a hallway area, but it was comfortably warm. Within a few minutes Clay, Angela and Quiana appeared with Clay commenting something about a delay because the girls had been eating chocolate that they had received and of course he is allergic to it.

He was much more relaxed with us this night, which was easy to see. He came up to each of us and thanked us again for reading our story and gave each of the other 3 ladies a nice hug. I was standing to the side of him, and they were facing him, so the conversation started going again regarding the new reader jtgranny and her story and how he had changed it. A few other things were said, and there I am standing waiting patiently…because as yet…I didn't get any hug/thank you…so I finally said "excuse me…but I don't think I got my hug yet!" he turned and laughed and said, "Georgene..I'm gonna give you a hug" and with that he came up to me and wrapped those long arms around me and gave me a nice hug and said thank you for telling your story again (hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!)

Then he asked us if we still wanted pictures. Well…just what do you think we said, but of course we want pictures. So, in a much more casual atmosphere then the prior night we each jumped in next to him when it was our turn…trying to figure out which side is 'our best' side and him being very accommodating to our wishes and our rotating positions.

The pose with slightly different with him leaning into each of us a little more for a cozier look, plus in South Bend he didn't have his jacket on and in Waukegan he still had the long coat on, which made him look so amazingly slim.

He did say that he didn't think the story selection was being kept a secret, but I told him that it certainly was. I said he would be surprised how little had been said in public about what was taking place, and that he'd be proud of the way people were trying to be discreet. I think that pleased him very much.

I know this is very very long, I tried to give an idea of how it went. He was a complete living doll and usual funny self. He certainly knew what he wanted in these stories and how they would work. He commented about the stories being kept a secret, as I think he wants each to be fresh when it is heard on stage, particularly if he uses it again.

I think we should all be proud that he thought we were special enough to want to read our personal stories, whether we were chosen or not.

For me this was the greatest gift that my heart could have received during this holiday season, and for that I will be forever in awe of Clay Aiken.

The grand finale of the weekend, smitten, too, was chosen to read her very funny story, so we spent the trip back to the airport reviewing everything that had happened to us both this week.

Yes, Couchie and Ansa, I have now asked her if you can post it on the website. I will let you know when I get a response.

Everyone just left, it was a real FCA party for sure! I wrote and performed my operatic takeoff on Clack gatherers, and we're gonna try to do it again tomorrow at dinner, since everyone joined in. Look for it on YouTube!

I can't believe the eHP made it here all the way from K'zoo! Also in attendance were Remedial , chach, Karma4Clay, newland and kimiye and some local friends of mine. The Celtic harp was lovely and we all joined in singng with me fluting.

HubbyDeev outdid himself with the hot spiced wine, turkey and poached salmon.

Everyone got raucous watching the Clack of Clay singing on GMA last year- dayum, did he ever look hot with the longer hair. Still had the old teeth too.

Wish y'all could've been here. Oh, as my husband brought the turkey breasts out, as I was in the bathroom , I overheard Kandre telling him what beautiful breasts he had! :cryingwlaughter:

DIva that sounds like a great party I am sooo jealous and looking forward to this clack you speak of....

Play thanks so much...what concert is this waukegan???

O still need a recap from that....he was in great voice and I am waiting for Meriee's promised longer recap...

Cotton... my answer from page 53...

About the eye.... he has always had that slightly wonky eye that partially closes when he is tired/stressed. I have noticed over the tours that when the eye starts closing more and more in the vids/pics is when he wears his glasses. I noticed in the 4th concert that the eye was closing and sure enough, the next night, glasses. That's all the eye thing is. Just my personal observation. Not that I watch Clay a whole lot or anything like that. LOL

Diva... the party sounds wonderful! Wish I lived a little closer than Orange County... LOL

Diva Party Short Recap before I collapse!!

It was a great party. Got there about 6PM and KAndre and Remedial (+mr) were already there - plus the harpist and local Broad Ellen. We had some mulled wine and smoked salmon (yummy!!)

About an hour later the eHP arrived. That was merrieeee, solo, scarlett, 00lsee, karma, and perusingone. Right after that, kimieye and newland arrived! I took a nose count at one point and counted 15 people!

After we all ate and drank a bit, Diva got out her flute and jammed with the harpist - and in between songs we had a few "stories". KAndre told a good one about getting the "days of the weeks" panties from her g'ma - but only the "Tuesday" one! Diva told her story about her dad and the bells song. I told a little story about how my aunt used to make fruit cake, starting in Sept with candying grapefruit rind!

Afterwards we were treated to a rousing rendition of Diva's Ode to Clack Gatherers, which was captured on video, but may be repeated tomorrow, in which case either one may go up on youtube!!

After another rousing rendition, this time of several Beatles tunes, we all had to say g'night. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Wish you all could have been there!! Posting a couple pix in the members only thread!