#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

another major influence is the 24 hour cable news networks. They have so much time to fill that they just put everything out there, and what makes it worse is that it is repeated every hour or so. Add to that the fact that they not only use bloggers as sources they actually have them on their shows as contributors or "experts" There is no standard and they use no filter, it's just all put out there.

Except actually, like, coveringthe news? There is a lot of news - I was shocked to find my state wants to privatize the lottery, they think it will bring more money - why not cover the prvatization of America and how it is agive away to rich friends?

Good morning, friends. And I call you friends because that's what you seem to me so often. I've been struggling with this latest 'news' reporting of ANY.THING.CLAY!AIKEN! and just want to tell you how helpful it is to come here and read through the many varied 'takes' on it---written in a rational, calm way. It really IS like talking things over with friends when you're troubled and having a group of people I can discuss Clay thing with who won't smile patronizingly all the while looking furtively around for the white coats is worth more than I have to pay!

I slept very little last night---not because of Clay---but over things at my job. This morning I came to read a pm and then some posts on the thread, and they helped me put things in perspective and that is this:

Ultimately, we each have our own lives to live the best that we can. Some of us will have few resources to draw upon to manage our lives; others are blessed with more. Clay definitely has his crosses to bear, but so do we all. Luckily, every word or action I take while keepin' on isn't considered newsworthy by national media, so I don't have to deal with the many interpretations and extrapolations of them. What seems to be true is that even though Clay's words and actions ARE--for some reasons that reflect very poorly on our current society---scrutinized until the horse has multiple deaths, he DOES have extra resources---both internal because of his strong faith and sense of self, and external because he has money and influence and family and friends---that help him fight the good fight.

Meanwhile, each of us has what we have and so must do what we can with that. I imagine Clay feels as I do at times---like I just want to scream and cry and run away and set up camp by myself in some solitary place and just BE without having responsibility to anyone or anything else. Maybe my reasons are financial or work related or family related; maybe his are the media and the asshats and Paxil. Hell, who knows really? Maybe the poor guy's suffering from a pimple on his butt. Poor baby. :cryingwlaughter: (lemmekissitmakeitfeelbetter :hubbahubba: )

Anyhoo....I sign off here now with the little adage that always seems to make sense to me if I let it:

Wherever you go, there you are.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

heh, Muski, many jobs suck. I had great jobs and sucky one, great ones are better. Now I have no job, that is kind of sucky in a different way.

On topic, Clay seems to love his latest job and his fellow workers seem to like him.

That Happy Birthday picture makes me think that Clay may have gotten that guy out there under false pretenses. Another practical joke?

Someone once told me she believed the crap written in the tabloids. THis is what I said:

The average IQ in the United States is 100. It takes a whole lot of people with IQ's BELOW that number to balance out those above. You are living proof.

That ended THAT discussion.

You know how Liver's got my nose to the grindstone on Canandaigua, right? :officework:

/JK :)

Hee, yeah I know, mine too! No worries, we appreciate everything you do!

I resemble that remark. Look at it this way, we will all have smaller noses when we are done this. No consolation???? Ah well, I feel bad about putting you

both through this awful tedious work of playing with Clay. Sorry :wub:

Liver

Someone once told me she believed the crap written in the tabloids. THis is what I said:

The average IQ in the United States is 100. It takes a whole lot of people with IQ's BELOW that number to balance out those above. You are living proof.

That ended THAT discussion.

This is great!!! I'll have to memorize that little comeback!!! BWAH!

I thought since I left the board signed on for the past 24 hours I should probably post so no one thinks I have keeled over here at the keyboard! There's been a lot to read the past day or two!

One thought occurred to me in regards to the original article which seems to have sparked a firestorm of controversy yet again.

One of my first thoughts when I read Levy's article - particularly the bit about the accent - was that she has been reading some of the message boards (as well as LTS) and that she thought she was being clever by mocking Clay's accent just like some of the fans do. In fact, any journalist could write reams of stuff about Clay w/o ever going near him by just reading a few of the message boards. Maybe some do. And that's a scary thought. Sometimes I think some of Clay's fans are his worst enemies! 'Nuff said. (No one here fits into that category! I love this board! :D)

KarenEh? -- in reference to your bandwidth question -- I googled "bandwidth usage" and found a Bandwidth Calculator. I am not sure if this will help as I am not a math person and numbers tend to confuse me! I then went to my webhost and checked to see how much bandwidth my site uses monthly. I hope this will help you!! My entire website with its many hundreds of pages uses under 6 GB of bandwidth per month. Maybe Gibby can shed some light on this as well! It seems hers has run out in the PB account for this month! How much do they allow you Gibby? :)

I need a little help, too. I am working on a compilation of lyrics and I was wondering about one particular line. In the "All For One" song, has anyone figured out the line after Clay sings "I'll be the idol of my age..."? The two shows I went to, the screams drowned out his next line and I couldn't make it out. Anyone who has seen it on a less fan-attended night might be able to make it out!

Anyone?? Bueller??

eta: I forgot to mention that I gave in to impulse and googled that photographer, and found some of his other works, including "Piss Christ." Apparently Jesse Helms was really hard on him when he did that! Anyhow, he totally favors the "up the nose" angle in many of his photographs. So that explains that!! Somewhat. or whatnot. or whatever... :D

There's got to be a pony in here somewhere.

:cryingwlaughter: Yes I smell the presence of that pony!!!

another major influence is the 24 hour cable news networks. They have so much time to fill that they just put everything out there, and what makes it worse is that it is repeated every hour or so. Add to that the fact that they not only use bloggers as sources they actually have them on their shows as contributors or "experts" There is no standard and they use no filter, it's just all put out there.

Except actually, like, coveringthe news? There is a lot of news - I was shocked to find my state wants to privatize the lottery, they think it will bring more money - why not cover the prvatization of America and how it is agive away to rich friends?

I think John Edwards has been trying to get this across for years. Regulation is not a dirty word when the alternative is sanctioned profligate theft at the expense of the middle class and working poor. If rampant cronyism didn't catch fire as an issue after 9/11 and Katrina -- is there hope?

In my opinion the devaluation of the news didn't start with cable TV. The day Russert/Meet the Press put Rush Limbaugh on, and attempted to bestow some credibility or even acceptability, that was a sign of the apocalypse and the mark of that beast hasn't been removed.

I resemble that remark. Look at it this way, we will all have smaller noses when we are done this. No consolation???? Ah well, I feel bad about putting you

both through this awful tedious work of playing with Clay. Sorry :wub:

Liver

Hee, and such horrible, horrible work it is. BWAH. Geesh, to be made to watch Clay over and over and over........ ;)

I need a little help, too. I am working on a compilation of lyrics and I was wondering about one particular line. In the "All For One" song, has anyone figured out the line after Clay sings "I'll be the idol of my age..."? The two shows I went to, the screams drowned out his next line and I couldn't make it out. Anyone who has seen it on a less fan-attended night might be able to make it out!

Anyone?? Bueller??

As per RunningFree at CH, it is:

"Before our battles I would always sing

for I have got a voice to thrill a king.

When I'm up here on the stage I'm the idol of my age

and you can hear my golden larynx ring"

Sorry, I am watching TV now and John Edwards is dropping out. JMHO is that this will hurt the party.

ETA - ChaCha - it was nice meeting you and I agree about many fans - food for the haters. But it has always been a group of free speakers and that is how some feel.WOuldthat they be under a microscope ofr a few hours to see how it feels It is onething to say you don't like something one or two times and another to actually harp on it.

TYhe lyurics tothe line have been posted a few times at the CH - something like "people comne to hear my golden larynx ring". A search of larynx should bring you right to the exact line.

ETAA - crap crap crap. I missed a post last night selling row b tickets for the last day probably by 1/2 an hour. Crap crap crap crap. Can't live ont he computer and now I am off for the afternoon..

Nothing angers me more than gossip mongers, and I never cease to be amazed that people will buy tabloids KNOWING that it was probably full of crap, that any story that has an ounce of fact is probably stretched beyond any semblance of reality.

In one Australian Idol season, we had a popular female singer who did a hit song by Dusty Springfield. Shorlty after that, I was in a chat room full of her supporters and one of them said "hey, she sang a Dusty Springfield song. Let's spread the word that she is gay.". I immediately PM'd him and said, "are you kidding me? How can you say that when you know it is not true"" His reply? "Gay people love gossip, we don't care if it is true or not, it's fun".

Now, the person concerned worked in some gay club as a female impersonator. He didn't think there was anything wrong in fabricating a story for his own enjoyment.

I do get mad when I read stuff about Clay in the media that I know will hurt him and/or upset him. But I always remind myself that despite Clay's appearance in 2003, he is as tough as nails. Clay has amazed me with the way he has taken some things on the chin or let it fall away like water off a duck's back, but then stood his ground when enough was enough. Refusing to answer questions that had become OLD (yawn) shows that he wasn't going to let them use him for their own "glory". And for that, as well for others things that he does to benefit OTHERS, I admire him.

(No offence to anyone here who may be gay. I am just reporting what I was told by that guy, but his views could well be his own. Since he was so comfortable spreading a obvious lie, perhaps is other statement about gays is also fiction.)

A propos of nothing whatsoever, I was looking at Qiuana's website and notced she has a link to Finding Clay Aiken. Unfortunately, the link is broken. I know it can't be fixed from this end, but thought you might want to know.

Here's the page: Quiana's links

OMG!! You don't suppose she printed out our limericks and gave them to Clay??!! ACK!!!!!!!!

Ah, it's that time again, folks...

:onFire::Ahh: :hitsfanrs5:

:fca:

All righty, then....I feel better. Sooooo.... :whistling-1: how's it hangin'?

Oh, long and to the right! :hubbahubba:

Speaking of which...I was riding in the car with my driving teenaged daughter and she asked if she was too close to the right curb. I said, Heck no! You tend to drive too far from the curb, babe! Move over a little.( I said this very calmly, even though I thought we would go head on with every approaching car! :scream: )...she didn't make any changes and so I said, "Alex, honey, you need to go right...you tend to hang too much to the left side."

I started giggling uncontrollably when I heard the words :cryingwlaughter: and turned my head away to hide my goofiness as much as I could. She said, "What?!?! What am I doing? What's so funny? MOM!?!?!?!"

I almost explained it to her (without the specific Clay reference, of course) but chose to just do the tried and true "Nothing honey, I was just thinking of something silly. Nothing to do with you. You're doing great."

It's a sickness, I tell ya'! :lilredani:

I am just reporting what I was told by that guy, but his views could well be his own. Since he was so comfortable spreading a obvious lie, perhaps is other statement about gays is also fiction

No offense taken claytonic, but all I can tell you is that the gay people in my life do not like or engage in gossip. I think, just as any other group of people, you can not stereotype. This doofus apparently just likes to cause trouble. Meh.

I just wanted to chime in my banner love here. It's a beauty. :clap:

I was going to weigh in on the sad state of the media but everything I was going to say has been said. So for some humourous diversion....LBFCA has a new main page up in celebration of Clay's 5 th anniversary also at CH I found this link to a DHP hilarious performance at Just For Laughs The Therapist Song

Enjoy.

Thanks for the banner-love, ladies :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I made a February calendar wallpaper loosely based on it. If you want, it's located here on my yuku page along with another one. There are also clickable links for the same papers without the dates on them.

They're good, but I guess I'm like a NJU is about Clay---I just don't get what all the hubbub is for.. :lmaosmiley-1:

Not TOO far behind, much! :cryingwlaughter: They're not that great now because you're eating an apple that is out of season and has been in storage....I can't stand storage apples. Blech!!!!

Try again in September next year...they're orgasmic, I promise! Well, not as orgasmic as some other stuff, like some of those pictures from the stage door showing eyelashes and chest hair and ......oh, but I digress...

I was going to weigh in on the sad state of the media but everything I was going to say has been said. So for some humourous diversion....LBFCA has a new main page up in celebration of Clay's 5 th anniversary also at CH I found this link to a DHP hilarious performance at Just For Laughs The Therapist Song

Enjoy.

:cryingwlaughter: If you didn't click on that DHP link, you HAVE to! That was hilarious, thanks for bringing it over!

His French is pretty darn good! I'm impressed!

Thanks for the banner-love, ladies :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I made a February calendar wallpaper loosely based on it. If you want, it's located here on my yuku page along with another one. There are also clickable links for the same papers without the dates on them.

Oh, I forgot to tell you how adorable the banner is :clap: :clap: :clap:

and I love the calendars :woohoo: even though they make my heart stop!!! :ilovemypc: and :F_05BL17blowkiss:

A very interesting and descriptive (heh) recap of last night's show from dreamlarge at CH:

I laughed so hard last night that my stomach hurt. And I don’t even like Monty Python. This cast is just superb.

I think that Clay has the best “big” number of the show. And sitting front row center last night...well, the Jewish dance sequence nearly killed me. I thought he did a great job on his big number when I saw him opening night, but I felt like I could see the wheels turning in his head as he thought through the sequence of steps. The concentration on his face and his physical effort was very visible to me.

It appears that he’s totally assimilated the pieces and now it all just flows. So he gets up from the piano, faces the audience and he is stunning. He raises his arms and stomps down that size 13 1/2....and my God he is HUGE. He IS this dance. He drops to his knees, flings out that leg and slides himself forward... and then again....his head and shoulders are erect...and again he slides...closer....his eyes are DIAMONDS...and again ......he's intense....sleek and ferocious .... closer.... he’s nearly right on top of us.......

I think that’s when I passed out....because the next thing I know, he’s standing on top of the piano and I need a cigarette.

Yeah. It was good for me. He's doing a great job in this show and it sure looks like he's having a blast. And eeeee! I got my first autograph.

That's quite the visual, yes?