#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

Somebody better hurry up and write that damn CLAY FAN MANIFESTO.

Things are clearly getting out of hand and we've been waiting....like....years.

:medium-smiley-075:

----

*looks down....whips out pitch-pipe*

mimimimiiiiiii

You're I'm the top!

You're I'm the Coliseum.

You're I'm the top!

You're I'm the Louver Museum.

You're I'm a melody from a symphony by Strauss

You're I'm a Bendel bonnet,

A Shakespeare's sonnet,

You're I'm Mickey Mouse.

You're I'm the Nile,

You're I'm the Tower of Pisa,

You're I'm the smile on the Mona Lisa

You're I'm the toooooooooop!

we could get 6-10 inches

:oh:

aikim! You lucky beyotch! Where you going to PUT all that? I mean, what do you DO with that much?

:sickyet::lipstick:

I'll never tell!

Kim

You know, I know we like to say..I don't want to be his mama..but I swear all of these lectures so that he doesn't get embarassed are straight out of the mama overprotective handbook. Neither of these incidents should have unleased an uproar if there is indeed one. How many people go to Spamalot not knowing what to expect. They don't need a handbook on how to act and neither does Clay Nation. I doubt Clay or the cast has given it a second thought. Clay is not made of glass. The moment doesn't warrant five minutes of board talk let alone a day. Most of us understand the Aiken fog, even if has never happened to you. I really hope nobody's day was ruined because they dared do the wrong thing. I think maybe there is some feelings of impotence going on..we can't give Clay the respect we feel he deserves so lord help us we can fix each other. Chil out! ETA: for OTT reactions only.

And if none of that makes sense blame it on my new medication. I swear it's doing weird things to me. I'll give it another day or so before I call my doctor. I just want to sleep all the time and lord knows when you're at work they expect you to actually work and not nap.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I got my Spamalot ticket. heee. I almost didn't open it..looked like junk mail. Lucky for Clay Nation it's not seat A 101. LOL.

Is it time for a very weird blog?

Judging American Idols as real people

This has been a subject stuck in my craw for some time now, and it perhaps opens a small window into what we go through as a news organization from time to time.

Some celebrities think they're such hot stuff they don't want to bother talking to the little people who have made idols of them. In this case, it's American Idols. We've been trying to interview Carrie Underwood several times before her appearance at local venues. Each time we've been rebuffed by handlers who offer only a few crumbs, that is, "Here's a biography. Read it and weep."

On the other hand, whenever Clay Aiken makes the rounds, he actually gets in touch with the local media and makes time to answer our questions -- live and in person. That's the way to win fans, and that says something about the character of the man.

I probably should give Carrie, or is that Princess Carrie, the benefit of the doubt. She might not even be aware that her handlers are mishandling her. There could be some stuffed shirt running interference and blocking certain news media because they serve only "the little people."

Something to think about, Carrie if, by chance, you see this.

While I agree taht Clay is a nice boy, I understand that Carrie is quite shy, so maybe she is not happy being interviewed. Heck, if she read some of Clay's interviews, I don't blame her, no controlling those Arteeste writers, as opposed to regular people writers.

On blog watch here is another quick mention - This is a musician's blog talking about how they were working on an album and got a call they thought was frm a friend and then realized they did not know this person

o I hop off the 48 this morning on my way to work and my phone buzzes - same 859 number. Alright, now I'm interested so I pick it up. Some guy with an accent just starts talking. My first thought is that my friend Nick is on a business trip, bored and calling me from some strange number as a prank. But the guy keeps talking and I begin to realize that it's not Nick and he's serious. He's doing the classic 'name drop' routine (Clay Aiken, Live Aid type events, etc), the same song and dance that makes everyone is music (and many other aspects of life and business) skeptical. Half of the stuff I missed cause I was sitting there thinking 'how in the hell did this guy get my number?'

When he finally took a breath, I asked for clarification. Who are you again? How did you get my number? He said he found me on myspace (of course) then looked me up and spoke with Paul. I'm thinking 'Paul'? Ohhhhhhh! You spoke with MY DAD?!? So, I have to admit I was intrigued at this point. Skeptical mind you, but intrigued none the less. He said he sent me a track via email that he's trying to get produced and at this point I'm walking into work so I say I'll check it out and be in touch.

Great- another idiot blogger just posted some personal information about Clay - asshole. I swear some people should have their internet taken away. ETA - no, I did not bring the personal information here, nor will I provide a link to it. People should know better than to put it on theri blog.I assume it was for hits, but the way it comes up in google, most people would not hit it and seethe additional information. But this wasa hater, it turned out, so they probably get their giggles doing it.

Playbiller, I don't understand your concern regarding personal info regarding Clay? I interpreted it as the musician blogger was talking to a stranger who was trying to push him into listening to a track he emailed after getting the musician's info from MySpace and was trying to establish credibility by name dropping, i.e., Clay Aiken and Live Aid type events -- and the musician didn't buy any of it. That was my read. ETA: Oops I just realized that the two things weren't related and your comment about the personal info was about another blogger.

Regarding Carrie Underwood not talking to the local press, I think Clay has gotten some decent interviews from local press -- not so much the LA, NY and national media the past few years -- but local press interviews as I have seen them posted have been much better. I like that Clay was the example cited of an artist who cares about local fans. That was nice.

omg!

I have a video ipod! Unreal. Luck. Wow. Cheap. Holy moly. Not the newest one but still....

Now what do I do? :huh:

I don't remember anything about how to convert or get what I want onto my ipod? I didn't have mine long enough two years ago to really learn before it was stolen!

Scarlett! Gibby! some other techie! Help! I'd love to get some things up/downloaded for my Houston trip!

Please :praying:

Great- another idiot blogger just posted some personal information about Clay - asshole. I swear some people should have their internet taken away. ETA - no, I did not bring the personal information here, nor will I provide a link to it. People should know better than to put it on theri blog.I assume it was for hits, but the way it comes up in google, most people would not hit it and seethe additional information. But this wasa hater, it turned out, so they probably get their giggles doing it.

Play... it is an unfortunate fact that on the internet anyone can say anything. With Clay's desire to be enough of a star to "make a difference" he has to learn to navigate thru this sometimes murky world and so do we, as his fans.

I was a teen fan and back in those days, besides walking to school uphill both ways (tmCHA), I waited with bated breath for each month's teen magazines to get glimpes of my idols. Occasionally, I could see them on Ed Sullivan or American Bandstand.

Nowadays, with the instant speed of the internet, we practically know when Clay brushes his teeth (I said practically). LOL Unfortunately, there are no ethics or checks and balances on the internet or in journalism today. We gotta upgrade our internal hard drives (our minds) and learn to cope with this new world and maybe work toward change whenever we can. Don't know what we can do, but if something occurs to anyone, please share, cause I would love to do something besides wring my hands when yet more crap hits the fan.

omg!

I have a video ipod! Unreal. Luck. Wow. Cheap. Holy moly. Not the newest one but still....

I don't remember anything about how to convert or get what I want onto my ipod? I didn't have mine long enough two years ago to really learn before it was stolen!

Scarlett! Gibby! some other techie! Help! I'd love to get some things up/downloaded for my Houston trip!

YAY, Muski! It's soooo fun to have a new toy, especially one that allows you to enjoy Clay anytime! Check your PMs. :)

I just got a new toy tonight, too - a new HTC 8900! It's a pocket PC, so it's my phone, PDA, mp3 player, on-the-go internet connection, and video player all in one. I'm having fun figuring it all out!

And I got my new 22 inch monitor today! Toys toys toys.

Tomorrow is the last day this monitor will be on sale and it is great! - you just can't turn it around like I used to do with my old one - and set it up sideways.

If anyone who does not yet have Kimmel on can watch hiom - Sara Silverman did a hysterical video, worth staying up late for.

omg!

YAY, Muski! It's soooo fun to have a new toy, especially one that allows you to enjoy Clay anytime! Check your PMs. :)

I just got a new toy tonight, too - a new HTC 8900! It's a pocket PC, so it's my phone, PDA, mp3 player, on-the-go internet connection, and video player all in one. I'm having fun figuring it all out!

Yay, Muski!!! I still keep most of my files on an original video iPod. My favorite converter is a free one called Videora but many of the popular files in the vault have been converted to mp4. All of the ones I've uploaded (eg. the DCAT shows that I have processed and the Holiday on Ice clips) have mp4 downloads and they're all in an inner directory.

Can't wait to see yours on Monday!

I dropped my primary cellcert phone into some water during opening weekend so I need a new phone. I ordered the 8GB Nokia N95 today.

Whee on the Pocket PC, Gibby!!! And for the new monitor, play!!!

Scarlett....what do you mean, "they're all in an inner directory"? If I go to a vault, do I have to just go to a concert venue, then pick a videographer and then check to see if there's an mp4 version of it? Or is there a way to find out what exists in mp4 version and then select from that?

It seems hunt and peck to do it the first way....

Thanks...I'm going to bed now---got another early morning and a full day of the conference tomorrow. I get on the plane Sat. afternoon, so I hope I can get some loaded on my new toy by then!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Scarlett....what do you mean, "they're all in an inner directory"? If I go to a vault, do I have to just go to a concert venue, then pick a videographer and then check to see if there's an mp4 version of it? Or is there a way to find out what exists in mp4 version and then select from that?

It seems hunt and peck to do it the first way....

Thanks...I'm going to bed now---got another early morning and a full day of the conference tomorrow. I get on the plane Sat. afternoon, so I hope I can get some loaded on my new toy by then!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Run a search for "mp4"" on the CH "Clack Alerts forum" to bring up the ones that already have mp4's. Also the iPod love thread has lots of links posted to converted files -- lindylo at CV and gerwhisp @ CB do a lot of conversions. And you can post requests too.

I mentioned the mp4 directory specifically for my files because all of mine have had them for over a year -- I convert my own straight from the HD files so try to use them instead of running conversions from the wmv's.

Eeeeee, Kareneh! (pauses to imagine what sort of things you're scanning)

You know, Clay should just open a techie mail-order company --> everything you need to support your habit fandom, with specials for items pre-engraved with messages from him. Along the theme of the "Snuggle up with Clay Aiken" blanket *pauses to snuggle closer and tuck in the ends*, how about "Scan along with Clay", "Clay in your PocketPC", "Large (1 TB) Clay Hard Drive"etc.

I thought this was kind of a cool recap, it was posted by GBB at the CH:

Just got off the phone with LPB, who got to see Spamalot tonight for the first time. She loved it!

She said he was "sooo good" and she's "sooo happy." :) He glows! He has really great timing - remarkably good timing. His comic bits are just hilarious. Every moment he's on stage he glows.

For the first few seconds of the guard scene she didn't realize it was Clay.

It was definitely NOT a Clay crowd and not particularly touristy. It just looked like a typical NY crowd.

Clay seems just like a member of the cast -- a really popular member of the cast. He was fabulous. Definitely got the biggest applause at the end (even cooler since it wasn't a Clay crowd). He looked like belonged. He held his own. Clay looked really gratified when he got the biggest ovation at the end. She thinks it's because he realized it's not "his" crowd.

This was neat. Where she was sitting she was "surrounded by lots of guys." Not all together, in different clumps and groups. There was no indication they were Clay fans or there to see Clay. They seemed to be Python fans. A older few businessmen types. Some younger guys. Anyway, at intermission, Clay was the main topic of conversation among the guys around her. They all seem really favorably impressed with him. Talked about how good he was. Someone said something about him not winning AI and another said something like "Yeah, well it's a fixed popularity contest. He has a better voice." Someone mentioned the New York Mag article but not in any kind of bad way -- one person wondered casually if he really wasn't seeing anyone, that was about it.

She couldn't do the stage door thing, but she looked down the alley as she left and said there seemed to be a sizable crowd at the stage door, with a lot of guys.

A couple of show notes: the Knights of Ni added "Me & Mrs Jones" to their new name. King Arthur seemed to have a little trouble not laughing at that one. Clay didn't sing the Amen during Bro. Maynard.

SNOW DAY TODAY!! WOOHOO!!

:deepersnow: :bier:

ldyj, I don't know about you, but as long as I keep electricity (and my computer) I can get pretty comfy on these kind of days.

from last night...terter4aiken posted them at CV, but didn't say where they came from

th_stagedoor130pt10586.jpg th_stagedoor130pt10464.jpg

OK, I have a question that I have wanted to ask for a while.

I just did my daily quick look on YouTube to see if any new and interesting clack has been added in the last 24 hours.

I found this:

... and here is my question.

WHY oh why would a fan ruin a big note by deliberately drowning it out?

I truly felt that Clay's performance at the Sedaka Tribute was ruined somewhat because of the screams during his big notes. It isn't right that this happens. I, for one, really was disappointed when his singing was drowned out... I mean, it wasn't a rock concert. There would have been many people in the audience who were NJUs (see, I found out what NJU stood for in here!!) and goodness me, they may have never heard the familiar big notes that WE wait for. Although live artists love and NEED enthusiastic participation from a live audience, surely they can't be happy about the level of disruption that compromises their performance, especially during a special event and during a special moment in a song that they have become known for.

Sorry if this issue was already addressed before I joined this forum. I just know that if I had travelled a great distance to see Clay live, I'd be furious if every big moment in a song is drowned out by over zealous fans.

Am I overreacting?

Good Morning All,

Snow day here too, but I normally don't work on Fridays although I was supposed to go int his afternoon to set up the book sale we are having tomorrow...guess I will just have to wing it tomorrow morning!

Safe travels to all those heading out today!

93 Days until the Closing Night of Spamalot!

95-102 Days unti the New CD (still keeping fingers and toes crossed!)

Everyone having a great day!

Kim

Is the moon in the Techie House tonight? I ordered a scanner from Comp USA.

**Sniff** No new toys for me.... (I can't even figure out how to upload new songs on my new/old iPod mini....)

Besides, right now, I think I would rather spend what little extra money I have on, oh, maybe a few train tickets to NY to see some Broadway show.....

Any recommendations?? :lol:

Hee, the kids are conspiring to all chip in for my birthday present this month. I've already asked if it's more tickets to Spamalot and they say no, so maybe it's techie? I can always hope! A new video iPod or equivalent player, or a new laptop would be most welcome........in case anyone is lurking. :imgtongue:

Shrieking during glory notes...

I personally am not fond of the shrieking during my boyfriend's singing - see 50% of my posts at the OFC - but I will cut some slack for 1) context (that looked more like either a summer tour or GMA - outdoor, not great sound quality anyhoo, ) 2) teeny fans shrieking and bouncing in unbearable excitement - I think it's their job. The closer they are to me, the less tolerant I am, though. If you're an old heifer, by now you know better. Shriek in between songs, unless he does something extra interesting, like shake his ass at me. Or better yet, touch me. Repeatedly. You might as well shriek at that point, because I will be shrieking (probably my home address and cell - oh wait, he already has that. And my credit card number. Well then, I'll just be shrieking for him to touch me some more).

Shrieking during glory notes...

I personally am not fond of the shrieking during my boyfriend's singing - see 50% of my posts at the OFC - but I will cut some slack for 1) context (that looked more like either a summer tour or GMA - outdoor, not great sound quality anyhoo, ) 2) teeny fans shrieking and bouncing in unbearable excitement - I think it's their job. The closer they are to me, the less tolerant I am, though. If you're an old heifer, by now you know better. Shriek in between songs, unless he does something extra interesting, like shake his ass at me. Or better yet, touch me. Repeatedly. You might as well shriek at that point, because I will be shrieking (probably my home address and cell - oh wait, he already has that. And my credit card number. Well then, I'll just be shrieking for him to touch me some more).

bwah...what a thing to wake up to. hilarious.

Happy Super Bowl Friday everybody. Go Giants LOL.