#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

Shrieking during glory notes...

I personally am not fond of the shrieking during my boyfriend's singing - see 50% of my posts at the OFC - but I will cut some slack for 1) context (that looked more like either a summer tour or GMA - outdoor, not great sound quality anyhoo, ) 2) teeny fans shrieking and bouncing in unbearable excitement - I think it's their job. The closer they are to me, the less tolerant I am, though. If you're an old heifer, by now you know better. Shriek in between songs, unless he does something extra interesting, like shake his ass at me. Or better yet, touch me. Repeatedly. You might as well shriek at that point, because I will be shrieking (probably my home address and cell - oh wait, he already has that. And my credit card number. Well then, I'll just be shrieking for him to touch me some more).

KAndre, you truly crack me up....

The YT vid I posted was the reminder about how I felt about the Sedaka Tribute and the glory notes being drowned out to the point where he may as well have saved his breath. I was SOOO excited when I first saw the video available for view... hence the huge disappointment. Solitaire is special to me - it's the VERY FIRST SONG I ever heard/saw Clay sing as a guest on Season 2, and it remains my single favourite Clay performance. Up until that point, I am not sure I could have recognised him from a pic although his name had become familiar. Remember, I am a poor deprived Aussie. Solitaire was already a fav of mine as a Neil Sedaka fan myself, but as far as I am concerned Clay owns Solitaire, (and also BOTW - sorry Mr Garfunkle).

<sigh> I kinda feel that Clay surely would want us to listen to his glory notes to the end, THEN go crazy.... huh? huh?

Lordy. I'm neither a football or an AI fan - but I have to ask. Is this Superbowl XLII: The American Idol Edition? Ryan hosting a red carpet (????), Pauler singing. Randy dancing (???!!!). Jordin doing the anthem. Let me guess - the game's on Fox?

put mucho Scarlett mp4 songs from DCAT tour on for downloading while I slept....cool

Got up and the files downloaded were .txt files.

not cool.

crap.

Oh, no, Muski! They download to my laptop as mpg4's, and then it's simple as pie to just drag them into itunes, sync and play!

Wow, cindilu, I didn't know that AI was so involved with the Superbowl! So, what's Simon doing? Sitting on the sidelines and criticizing?? BWAH!

OK, I have a question that I have wanted to ask for a while.

I just did my daily quick look on YouTube to see if any new and interesting clack has been added in the last 24 hours.

I found this:

... and here is my question.

WHY oh why would a fan ruin a big note by deliberately drowning it out?

Am I overreacting?

These are kids. Kids scream.

Adults: Involuntary orgasm.

You know, Clay should just open a techie mail-order company --> everything you need to support your habit fandom, with specials for items pre-engraved with messages from him. Along the theme of the "Snuggle up with Clay Aiken" blanket *pauses to snuggle closer and tuck in the ends*, how about "Scan along with Clay", "Clay in your PocketPC", "Large (1 TB) Clay Hard Drive"etc.

:cryingwlaughter:Scarlett... great idea... I'd rather throw my money at him than at Best Buy. LOL

WHY oh why would a fan ruin a big note by deliberately drowning it out?

Am I overreacting?

These are kids. Kids scream.

Adults: Involuntary orgasm.

Wanda... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: You are really good at one or two line zingers! Ever thought of writing for late night comedians?

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Was that ^ ^ ^ for the hard-drive or the hair?

:cryingwlaughter:

I've been hanging around you guys far too long, for I read that as "hard-ON or the hair?"

It's a sickness.

Well, that hair shaking video has gone and done it! I went and bought a ticket to tomorrow's matinée. I'm going to take a two hour bus ride to NYC - I've never been to NYC by myself before. I'm terrified of the City. Clay, Clay, Clay, what you have done to me?!?!

So ...if you see a short woman who looks terribly lost (probably having a panic attack), it'll probably be me. But the end result is seeing my BF (if I don't get too terribly lost)!!

Now, back to watching that vid....

Well, that hair shaking video has gone and done it! I went and bought a ticket to tomorrow's matinée. I'm going to take a two hour bus ride to NYC - I've never been to NYC by myself before. I'm terrified of the City. Clay, Clay, Clay, what you have done to me?!?!

So ...if you see a short woman who looks terribly lost (probably having a panic attack), it'll probably be me. But the end result is seeing my BF (if I don't get too terribly lost)!!

Now, back to watching that vid....

YAY!!! you will be fine...Is someone else going tomorrow??? Play??? hee

I love how Clay has made us all more adventurous!!!

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Was that ^ ^ ^ for the hard-drive or the hair?

I've been hanging around you guys far too long, for I read that as "hard-ON or the hair?"

It's a sickness.

wandacleo :clap:

I sat the row in front of a bunch of teens in Kettering a few years back and they screamed and called out for Clay so much that he stopped his banter and looked right at them and asked them what they were saying....which means he was looking at talking right at me as well. For most of the show, I was a bit annoyed...after that I sort of enjoyed the screams. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

In NH during the JBT I saw spit fly from his mouth while watching the Jumbotron, and heard myself and others around me mummer/shout, 'Spit!!!'

Sometimes I think you just have to sink back and enjoy the nature of the live performance...both from the performer on stage and the crowd around you.

Oh, please, I already bought tickets for April 10th and March and am looking for Feb tickets to meet Scarlett and Perusing one. And I am still shopping for the finale. And Fear wants to come back and see it again....... Checks check book. need to put more money in the bank this weekend.

OK, now for something really different - if you did not see Jimmy Kimmel last night, the music video by Sara Silverman is now online and a fall down riot of foul language and outrageous behavior (no nudity though) Just when you think it might settle into boring it flies off in anotehr direction and you fall out of your chair again

Here is the link

Somehow, I think this would be a dream video for many Clay fans if Clay made it.

Must just be me, I don't find Sara Silverman's comedy all that funny; I've seen promo's on Comedy Central and frankly I find a lot of her stuff offensive and even though I haven't watched the video, there is no way I would want Clay doing a video with foul language.

Sometimes it isn't easy being conservative in this fandom; sometimes I really feel out of the loop.

Kim

NAh, I am a prude sometimes myself, I don't really curse in life and was never that "easy". I just thought this particular video was funny because it was so over the top and I did not particularly like Sara's TV series like when she joined an anti abortion group brcauseshethoughtit wasan animal rights group. This is more like the make out video with Clay only moreso with foul (bleeped) language but no nudity and every music video cliche.

then again, I was not embarrassed by the French Taunters, did not have to cover my eyes, I thought that was so OTT that it was hysterical despite their actions and language. maybe I am getting jaded after all these years. I used to never be able to say diarhea in public, now, I talk about it all the time to the digust of people around me. Must be just getting old and not caring so much anymore.