#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

then again, I was not embarrassed by the French Taunters, did not have to cover my eyes, I thought that was so OTT that it was hysterical despite their actions and language. maybe I am getting jaded after all these years. I used to never be able to say diarhea in public, now, I talk about it all the time to the digust of people around me. Must be just getting old and not caring so much anymore.

I've read some fans reactions to the French taunters on other boards, and it blows my mind. That scene is fall out of your chair funny! I can't imagine covering my eyes because someone makes a hand gesture? Different strokes, I guess.

I've been away testing some new waters, and I don't even know how to swim. covereyes-1.gif Silly silly zena.

Did you know? sniff-1.gif

It's a real jungle out there?

I'm glad I'm back home again.

I just caught up on the last 15 pages or so....and it's just downright nice to sense the "space" between the different opinions and posts; the kind of space that allows me to form or share a view of my own.

I love you guys! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You know, in 15 pages there were a whole lot of people I dearly wanted to quote....but I'm trying really hard to write shorter posts. :cryingwlaughter:

But, wandacleo, you are my favorite 'cryptic' hero!

Right on.

Has the ClayNation forgotten the word "fan" comes from "fanatic"....

but then again, there are many kinds of fanatics; fanatics to the left, fanatics to the right...

aaaaaargh....pullhair.gif

Only one thing I know for sure is that this first experience of my being fanatical about a real person is as unpredictable as anything has ever been in my life. I ain't sayin' nothin' about nobody. tapedshut.gif

Except of course, that I love Clay Aiken!!!!!

Don't shoot me.

It's good to see that the Fake Baby Mama and her co-hort M&J could be first in line for autographs. Seems odd that you'd need your lover's autograph but, hey, that's just me. *insertYOOGEeyerollhere*

Those chicks got guts...or...they truly are insane.

The hair shake has had me tongue tied all day...wow.

then again, I was not embarrassed by the French Taunters, did not have to cover my eyes, I thought that was so OTT that it was hysterical despite their actions and language. maybe I am getting jaded after all these years. I used to never be able to say diarhea in public, now, I talk about it all the time to the digust of people around me. Must be just getting old and not caring so much anymore.

I've read some fans reactions to the French taunters on other boards, and it blows my mind. That scene is fall out of your chair funny! I can't imagine covering my eyes because someone makes a hand gesture? Different strokes, I guess.

Well, since it some people rationalized that it was not-Clay-but-his-character saying sh*t, maybe they can get through this scene by telling themselves it's the actors playing the ROLE of French taunters, not those nice young men themselves. Because THEY would never gesture like that or say such things in real life.

Ahem.

That being said, the castle scene would embarrass my mother into crawling underneath her chair. As you said, different strokes. lol

but then again, there are many kinds of fanatics; fanatics to the left, fanatics to the right...

Only one thing I know for sure is that this first experience of my being fanatical about a real person is as unpredictable as anything has ever been in my life. I ain't sayin' nothin' about nobody. tapedshut.gif

Don't shoot me.

Ha! I immediately started hearing in my head,

Clowns to the left of me,

Jokers to the right,

Here I am

Stuck in the middle with you!

I can't even remember who sings it.

It's good to see that the Fake Baby Mama and her co-hort M&J could be first in line for autographs. Seems odd that you'd need your lover's autograph but, hey, that's just me. *insertYOOGEeyerollhere*

Seriously. But hasn't enough 'ink' been given them already? Whatevah.

:cryingwlaughter:

SaraS's MusicVideo! Yes, it's bleeped to heck and back, but at least it's BLEEPED! I hate the overdone sexual innuendo - actually there's no innuendo at all - the overdone INYOURFACESexualOvertones of today's music videos and I think that was a great take off on them!

CMSU when the camera revealed Matt Damon sitting there! And the "We've run out of time" line - just dead on!

But - the - er - Hair Shake by Mr. Aiken - now that's downright SEX-AY!!!

:hubbahubba:

Oh, yeah. He knows!

I'll admit when I saw the touring show of Spamalot, parts of the French Taunters scene made me go "EWWWW!", and I could live without the benefit of the bodily function humor. That said, it's very Pythonesque and almost cartoon-like and oh-so "guy stuff', ya know? :imgtongue:

hi, guys,

can anyone here give me a link to David Hyde-Pierce's performance of "You Won't Succeed On Broadway", the one on YouTube? I've tried it from a million different directions and come up with bupkis!!

oh yeah--hi!!

I'm Penny, I'm kinda new here. I post mainly over at LBFCA but I've lurked here for a while. I'm 57 and live in Maryland.

Thanks!! You'll see me around now that I actually REMEMBERED MY PASSWORD AND USER NAME!!

what a dork....

WAAAAAH can't watch the video since I am not in The US..sigh...any you tube links?

Hey Zena...welcome back!!!

baby mama...hee that is just so ridiculous...is the autograph for the baby???

Fans shrieking... Claytonic I understand being annoyed that the glory notes gets covered up by the shrieking. I know that you are not alone in that annoyance specially in this board, but personally...I really don't mind. I guess I simply expect some audience reaction whe its a live performance. I have a very different reactio to the spontaneous cheers he gets on Solitaire...I also remember that visit to AI3 ...I thought the audience reaction was perfect and was soo electric as he holds that note and the camera goes around him...what a huge spontaneous roar that was and for me...it was exciting. I actually think I miss it when I listen to the recorded version. BUT as they say...different strokes for different folks. Just sorry that the reaction upsets you at times.

I really don;t mind when obscenities are used in a comdey sketch because thats what is being made fun of...I just can;t stand it when some comedian uses it for shock value or to seem edgy.

hi, guys,

can anyone here give me a link to David Hyde-Pierce's performance of "You Won't Succeed On Broadway", the one on YouTube? I've tried it from a million different directions and come up with bupkis!!

oh yeah--hi!!

I'm Penny, I'm kinda new here. I post mainly over at LBFCA but I've lurked here for a while. I'm 57 and live in Maryland.

Thanks!! You'll see me around now that I actually REMEMBERED MY PASSWORD AND USER NAME!!

what a dork....

Hey penny...welcome to main!

are you just looking for that particular performance? because we do have links to the whole show with DHP here...the broadway number is in the first part of clip no. 3...

Don't shoot me.

Ha! I immediately started hearing in my head,

Clowns to the left of me,

Jokers to the right,

Here I am

Stuck in the middle with you!

I can't even remember who sings it.

Stealer's Wheel was the name of the group...I had to Google because I started singing it in my head too... :cryingwlaughter:

I was just telling a friend that my husband had cold feet the day he was going to propose and ended up waiting one more day to pop the question...the reason? I told him an off color joke while we were at dinner that night. LOL I still laugh over that...The man was a sailor at the time...and I scared him. :cryingwlaughter:

I swear far less now than I did when I was younger, but I'm still not easily offended. That said, everyone has their own limit.

Seriously. But hasn't enough 'ink' been given them already? Whatevah.

Sorry. Won't say another word.

Well! *I* never swear or make crude jokes or rude gestures.

*dares luckiest1 or goldarngirl or FromClaygary or heinz to post after me*

But the French Taunter's scene is sooo OTT it's a caricature. I laughed and laughed and laughed some more. 'I bourst mah peemples at yuuuu'. OMG.

Even *I* (who never swears or makes crude jokes or rude gestures) gasped a little when Tim the Enchanter, ummm, tells them where the cave is. And then I laughed so hard I nearly peed.

Ahhh foul language. I can curse up a blue streak. But I think taking the bus may have cured me. I was at the stop the other day when about 7, I would guess 7th or 8th graders, walked up to wait for the bus. Lordie, the language out of their mouths. And I guess we have the rappers to thank for the fact that the word I heard most out of their mouths was "nigga." That's how they speak to each other - never thought I'd see the day when nigga was a term of endearment between vietnamese teens. I need to join some sort of committee or something.

I always thought it funny that baby mama and company had to buy their own tickets to Clay concerts..and why do they need autographs..don't they have enough text messages saved? Bunch of loons.

Stealer's Wheel was the name of the group...I had to Google because I started singing it in my head too... :cryingwlaughter:

And the singer for Stealer's Wheel was Gerry Rafferty who went on to big hits like Baker Street and Right Down the Line -- just more of the useless music trivia that overloads my brain and prevents me from retaining anything truly meaningful.

This FBM and M&J in the autograph line -- they're probably selling his autograph on EBay. I don't think they're insane or loony -- I think they're criminals. JMO.

And ... I cannot tolerate angry cursing -- but I love a healthy dose of profanity with my humor. To me it's all about the emotion behind it. Coming from a time and place where my peers used the F word as every perceivable part of speech -- and enjoyed the fuck out of it -- I'm immune to being bothered by it.

Apropos of nothing except BEATLES FOREVER:

NASA Launching Beatles Tune Into Space

NASA to Launch Beatles Tune 'Across the Universe'

AP News

Feb 01, 2008 10:47 EST

The Beatles are about to become radio stars in a whole new way.

NASA on Monday will broadcast the Beatles' song "Across the Universe" across the galaxy to Polaris, the North Star.

This first-ever beaming of a radio song by the space agency directly into deep space is nostalgia-driven. It celebrates the 40th anniversary of the song, the 45th anniversary of NASA's Deep Space Network, which communicates with its distant probes, and the 50th anniversary of NASA.

"Send my love to the aliens," Paul McCartney told NASA through a Beatles historian. "All the best, Paul."

The song, written by McCartney and John Lennon, may have a ticket to ride and will be flying at the speed of light. But it will take 431 years along a long and winding road to reach its final destination. That's because Polaris is 2.5 quadrillion miles away.

NASA loaded an MP3 of the song, just under four minutes in its original version, and will transmit it digitally at 7 p.m. EST Monday from its giant antenna in Madrid, Spain. But if you wanted to hear it on Polaris, you would need an antenna and a receiver to convert it back to music, the same way people receive satellite television.

The idea came from Martin Lewis, a Los Angeles-based Beatles historian, who then got permission from McCartney, Yoko Ono and the two companies that own the rights to Beatles' music. One of those companies, Apple, was happy to approve the idea because is "always looking for new markets," Lewis said.