#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

Heeee.

I was watching AI tonight...a little Filipino girl came in...playing...oh so shy to the HILT...just like someone else I know...little whispery voice...

Came out belting Aretha's Natural Woman like she owned that...I got someone to watch!

Heeee.

I was watching AI tonight...a little Filipino girl came in...playing...oh so shy to the HILT...just like someone else I know...little whispery voice...

Came out belting Aretha's Natural Woman like she owned that...I got someone to watch!

Hee she reminded me of someone too...very deceiving..dynamite in a small package.

gah hate that JULIE...than god they didn't let her through...

KAndre & Ansa,

:whistling-1:

I resemble that remark. Look at it this way, we will all have smaller noses when we are done this. No consolation???? Ah well, I feel bad about putting you

both through this awful tedious work of playing with Clay. Sorry :wub:

Liver

Hee, and such horrible, horrible work it is. BWAH. Geesh, to be made to watch Clay over and over and over........ ;)

It's cruel and unusual punishment! Hey, luckiest1 I can take your next watch!

Yep - she acts like the kind of person for whom American Juniors is gonna be the high point of her life - but hell, she was precocious at 12, 4 years didn't help.

Ha! I see someone who could give little Filipino girl some pointers!

Recap from tangerinee at the CB:

We went to spamalot last night, 1/29. Our first show! There were lots of Clay fans in the first few rows. Clay was AMAZiNG. I laughed WAY harder this time than when I saw it in Dec for sure. He just totally belonged with the rest on stage. You would not have known he had only been doing this for the last few weeks!! He was so handsome as sir Robin and his dancing is so SEXY!!! He was shaking his shoulders at the half naked girls from camelot... OMG... Laughed my head off whenever he's on stage!!! And I was surprised that I enjoyed and hollered at the other performers too. The knights who say niee added at the end of their new name, dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Dontcha? Dontcha? So funny!

Clay added AMEN as brother maynard. This was apparently new. He SANG amen... It is the MOST spectacular beautiful AMEN I have EVER heard!!!! His solo got lots of applause and then the rock was revealed and it said C101. The young girl was very cute on stage and later we think she knew someone in the show because she went backstage with a friend.

We got autographs from Clay, but he moves fast! I was only able to take a few pics. I told him he was a really great dancer. He said thank you. You don't know how hard it was to teach me. Then I think he said, "It took me months!" LOL!!! But now come to think of it, didn't he only have a few weeks to learn it between the tour and the show? His hair was messy, wavy and he had the black winter coat on.

We had a GREAT TIME and loved every min of the show!!!!

I am just reporting what I was told by that guy, but his views could well be his own. Since he was so comfortable spreading a obvious lie, perhaps is other statement about gays is also fiction

No offense taken claytonic, but all I can tell you is that the gay people in my life do not like or engage in gossip. I think, just as any other group of people, you can not stereotype. This doofus apparently just likes to cause trouble. Meh.

I just wanted to chime in my banner love here. It's a beauty. :clap:

OK, but see what I mean by the fact that we can never be rid of those kinds of troublemakers who influence weak minds... people who cannot think for themselves and believe what they hear in the media.

I have one "friend" in the USA who made a statement about Clay ... she had no interest in him, does not know his music but her statement, as if it was a fact, resulted from media gossip and lies. I told her "and you KNOW that is a fact?"... then she said... "well that is what I have read."

I prefer the way Clay has decided to deal with it, i.e. just refuse to play their stupid games.

chacha - you asked about how much bandwidth I get per month on Photobucket. I have a free account, and get 25 GB of bandwidth per month. That's usually enough, but I posted a lot of pics this month. The hi res pics from ClayAikenpix.com took up a lot of bandwidth. And someone might have hotlinked them to another site, which would eat up even more bandwidth. Anyway, I'm not going to pay for an account with them unless I start running out of bandwidth every month.

Here's a very nice review from Farouche. After reading this, I'm thrilled with my center Row B tickets in March!

I'm cold. Our heat went out yesterday and because I was going to be out of town, it couldn't be taken care of yesterday. Unfortunately, there were no technicians available today -- so no heat until tomorrow. At least the upstairs furnace is working.

I'm not much of one for writing recaps. Here is a quickie:

First, the crowd: The main floor looked pretty full, as did the mezzanine. I don't think they sold any balcony seats. It looked to be completely empty from our first row vantage point. It was not primarily a Clay crowd, although there were definitely pockets -- it's pretty obvious from the cheering at certain moments where the Clay fans are. It was a pretty good crowd, however, although there was certainly nowhere near the energy in the audience that I experienced on opening night.

Clay seemed more relaxed than he did on on opening night. It was evident in his dancing and in his pacing. He looked good, too -- especially in the first tower scene where he is in profile.

Now, sitting in the front row has its advantages and disadvantages. It is not, obviously, the best place to see the show as a whole but having already seen it from row K, I enjoyed being so close up. It was kind of fun to be able to peer into the pit and it was also a different experience to "see" the actors working. I liked that perspective personally. The other payoff: Clay heading straight towards us on his knees during his big number. I can't quite explain the effect of that raw energy, concentration, and intensity heading straight towards us and stopping just at the edge of the pit. My friend said that is the sexiest she's ever seen him. I can't disagree.

During the finale, Clay seemed especially relaxed. He and Sieber both sort of broke character. They were smiling and laughing and whispering to each other. At one point, Clay deliberately bumped shoulders with him. It was a little step back in time -- it's just the kind of thing he and Ruben used to do. It made me feel happy for him; he seems to be getting along with the rest of the cast.

Last night's peasant was in seat C101. The onstage prop was labeled C101 and there was dialogue specifically tailored to that number (e.g., is it supposed to be ciao?).

Prince Herbert was even funnier last night than he was on opening night. He seriously cracks me up. Even his posture is funny.

I'm not good at estimating numbers, but I think there were probably 30-40 fans at the stage door. Clay signed something for just about everyone there. I tried to take photos -- some of which I posted last night -- but it was awfully dark to get good shots of a moving subject.

ETA: There were a few different things in tonight's show (at least different from opening night). Clay sang "Amen" when he was Brother Maynard. There seemed to be something different in the All For One song, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Did I mention he was coming straight towards us on his knees or did I forget that part?

eeeeeeeeeeee I have my tickets and flight for another round of Spamalot....now if only the end of April would hurry up and get here!

I refuse any more to allow the bottom dwellers to steal my joy! Clay has some mighty fine people out there that respect him and will not say anything bad because they know who he really is. Class will win out!

Some people are just jealous of him.

Shhh - Fear is plotting more ways to get back to NJ to see another show Shhhhh

Addictive little bastard <- using definition number 7 here or 2b - whatever.

bas·tard /ˈbæstərd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bas-terd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. a person born of unmarried parents; an illegitimate child.

2. Slang.

a. a vicious, despicable, or thoroughly disliked person: Some bastard slashed the tires on my car.

b. a person, esp. a man: The poor bastard broke his leg.

3. something irregular, inferior, spurious, or unusual.

4. bastard culverin.

–adjective

5. illegitimate in birth.

6. spurious; not genuine; false: The architecture was bastard Gothic.

7. of abnormal or irregular shape or size; of unusual make or proportions: bastard quartz; bastard mahogany.

8. having the appearance of; resembling in some degree: a bastard Michelangelo; bastard emeralds.

9. Printing. (of a character) not of the font in which it is used or found.

Some recaps from the CH...from Runningfree

Just got home - there was a mixup with my train and I wound up taking 6 different trains instead. I'm still panting and it's not just a fit of abject horniness (maybe I do like this phrase).

I saw the show for the first time. Loved it. I laughed out loud trough the most of it. At one point I thought I'd better put a sock in it and not scare the children. I was sitting behind the all boy school, literarly. Four or five full rows of the orchestra center was filled with teenaged boys. The guy to my right was laughing as loudly as me. The guy on the left was more reseved, but enjoyed it a lot as well.

There were quite a few empty seats in the orchestra, especially on the right side.

Clay blended in with the cast and became each characters he was playing, like it wasn't Clay, the pop star up there. I kind of thought that being a member of the ensamble must be a bit of a vacation for him. A vacation from being the lone center of attention he has been many times.

The knights that say ni changed their name to knights that say soome bunch of words my milkshake brings the boys to the yard etc. They even did a bit of a butter churning motion.

I didn't notice much singing done by brother Maynard. I may have gone in a fog and just missed it, but I don't think he did sing extra beautiful and amazing notes or Amen done as a scale.

In the Russian dance scene he was all that dreamie described. So natural and comfortable up there doing a bit of that feral stuff he does so well. I'd love to just be able to hit that rewind and see him stand up and do that Russian dance few (hundred) times. Most exciting moment of the play. There were some screams at that point. (it wasn't me, I swear).

I was surprised that sir Robin did this dance with minstrels and the unnamed knights. Somehow I expected the other knights to join him.

I was disappointed when I saw the note in the playbill that Hannah Waddingham was not going on and the Lady of the Lake would be played by Jenny Hill instead. She turned out to be OK, but I didn't get those WOW moments with I hoped for from this part. I have been looking forward to seeing Hannah perform.

Later, when Christopher Sieber came out of the stage door and signed autographs, he said she wasn't feeling well. I got him to sign my playbill.

Then Jerome came out followed by Clay. There were at least 50 people waiting for him. He was still wearing stage makeup, was dressed in the black jacket and jeans, and sneekers and looking good. There should be plenty of photos on line, as there were many taken. Clay got his face close to several women, so they could take a picture with him. There were men waiting too, but mostly stood a bit father away.

clayngel at CB via CV wrote:

Just back from show number 3!

Tonight I was in the 1st Row of the mezzanine, so I had a completely different view than being in the 1st and 4th rows because I was able to take in everything happening on stage without even trying to. Because, let's be honest, when I'm up close it is nearly impossible for me to tear my eyes off of Clay. But tonight it was really clear that he completely meshes with the ensemble and looks like he has been doing this forever. However, what is really amazing is that he stands out all on his own, not because he is Clay Aiken, but because he has a special star quality and energy that draws your eye to him. He is always in character and has completely embodied that character! I know I said this last week, but he amazed me again by how much more comfortable he is on stage and how much more of "Sir Robin" has come out of him. (Does that make sense? lol)

The other thing I noticed more tonight was the joy and happiness in his performance. He just looks like he is in his element and having the time of his life. I think the combination of silliness, fun, comraderie with other very talented people, singing, and yes even dancing are perfect for him. It really struck me to see how free and unreserved he looked when dancing around the stage and how he added new little nuiances to lines and ad libbed with the other actors. The whole time I was thinking to myself how happy and confident he looked. It's a wonderful thing to see!

Now moving on from gushing to business matters.....

1) The wig is definitely different. It is more brownish than red, shorter and less curly. It looks more natural than the one that was used in the promo shots.

2) While I have to give credit to the woman who stepped in as The Lady of the Lake tonight (it must be difficult!), she was no where as good as Hannah and her timing was a little off at times for the songs and jokes. So I hope Hannah will be back soon!

3) The Knights of Ni used the "Milkshake" song again tonight for their new name.

4) The woman who was called up on stage was adorable! She really didn't look like she knew what to expect and played along with the jokes. When they brought out the little award she went to take it and then I think it was Patsy said "Wait, it's just a nomination!" It was really funny and cute. Now to anyone worrying about embarassing Clay, please don't. I wouldn't have known she was a fan if I wasn't on the board and if she did say "Hi Clay" no one heard it, but him and he is quite capable of staying in character. She did nothing up there that would be considered inappropriate. As someone who was up on stage last with him last week I can tell you it is a little hard to think straight! And for a lot of people the closest they have ever been to him so cut your fellow fans some slack! It is such a fantastic and wonderful experience that I would hate for her to come here and have it ruined and feel guilty for really no reason.

5) The stage door was great! Christopher Seiber came out first to sign autographs and forgot a pen at first so went back in to get one. Almost all of the Clay fans out there wanted his signature and were telling him how great he was. He was very nice and gracious. Then when Clay came out Christopher said "And here he is!" It was so cute. When he was first coming out I guess he has just gotten the wig off because he was running his fingers through his hair and shaking his head to get it "poofed out" a but. Is it odd that I found it really attracitve and adorable??? Anyway he made the rounds and I'd say there were about 50 people there so I think almost everyone was able to get something signed. At one point someone said that they hoped this wouldn't be his last Broadway show and he replied "We'll see if this one doesn't kill me first!" Once again so cute!!!

I think that's it for now!

I have to say it again, he is just amazing in this role and I love getting the chance to see him so happy in it! I can't wait until my next show!

Good Morning Everyone,

94 Days until the Closing Night of Spamalot!

96-113 Days until The New CD (Still keeping fingers and toes crossed!)

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks for bringing those reviews over! It's too bad Hannah isn't feeling well, I hope she can perform tonight.

ETA: Does anyone know when that NYC event is that Quiana was participating in? I thought I remembered that it was in January, but maybe it's not until next month.....

While I see that the "controversary of the day" hasn't yet been discussed here, (not that I want it to be!), I thought that 00lsee had a wonderful response to it over at another board, and I just have to ask....

"Lighten up Francis"........... is that from "STRIPES"???

Posted by playbiller on January 24:

Well..... anyone in NYC on Monday, February 18 at 9:30PM and wanting to support Quiana - she will be appearing in Tammy Faye Sings: Songs from Big, Tent The Tammy Faye Bakker Musical will be presented at the Metropolitan Room (34 West 22nd Street, between Fifth and Sixth Ave).

The concert will feature current Stephanie J. Block (Wicked, Boy From Oz, The Pirate Queen) and Sebastian Arcelus (Jersey Boys, Wicked). Plus Leah Hocking (All Shook Up, The Wild Party), Jim Stanek (Lestat, Frankenstein), DB Bonds (Make me a Song, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels), Kate Rockwell ("You're the One that I want"), Jenny Hill (Spamalot), Natalie Douglas (Mac Award Winner), Quiana Parler (Clay Aiken Tour, Dreamgirls), Linda Balgord (The Pirate Queen, Jerry Springer), Jodie Langel (I Love You/Perfect, Les Miserables), Eric Briarley, Casey Clark, Ryan Driscoll, Hedi Weyhmueller; as well as the composers Ben Cohn and Sean McDaniel on piano and drums, Ric Molina and Dave Kuhn on guitar and bass. The evening will be hosted by the show's book writer Jeffery Self.

Maybe it will get her bigger name gigs - this is a good group to be in and it is a Monday, so Clay could support her. Not who is credited as the composer! Thik we know how she got this gig.

The search function of FCA can be your friend. *g*

laljeterfan

"Lighten up Francis"........... is that from "STRIPES"???

LOL! Yes! Hate it when hubby says that to me. :)

Psycho: The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Leon: Ooooooh.

Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.