#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

All this excessive fan policing and deciding who are good fans and who are bad fans and blasting them on the boards makes me want to puke.

Propounder made an excellent post at the CH. I agree with everything she wrote. I don't know how to bring it over here.

My thoughts :

In the spur of a moment everyone will just react differently.

I wish people would stay away from all those blogs who blast Clay constantly but they don't.

I wish people would stop being so judgemental .

But in the end they are just people reacting in their own way.

So, like you, Wanda, I don't understand it, but that is the make up of this big and diverse fandom.

-----

On to a happier topic. It seems that Clay is really enjoying him in Spamalot and I hope as many of us as possible will be able to see him. It seems he has found his "click" !!!

All this excessive fan policing and deciding who are good fans and who are bad fans and blasting them on the boards makes me want to puke.

Exactly. Its a shame that the minute or two of pure excitement for these fans is hosed down by people who believe they know how the actors feel about this spontaneous reaction.

Even the joy of being picked to read a story was totally squashed by some who thought it was favoritism or who were upset they werent chosen, or that there were any stories at all, or that Clay picked a story more than once.

I understand that some did not like the stories, that is their prerogative and life is all about opinions, but some of the comments have been extremely hurtful.

So-I personally do not think the reactions of these two fans were that bad. Sure, maybe they should have not done it, but I do not think either of them ruined the play, either. And its true that sometimes when in Clays presence you get flustered.

I do think it is inappropriate to address him as "Clay" during the performance and I said so politely on my home board. That does not, however, mean that I think this lady is a "bad fan." In fact, I know the lady personally. I'm sure she was just excited and didn't even think about it.

And just as her actions do not make her a bad fan, my opinion does not make me a shrew.

I probably should have kept my mouth shut and not made any mention of it on this board at all, as it wasn't already a topic of conversation.

I don't see anything at all wrong with politely expressing your opinion-however, I saw some reactions that went WAY OTT, if you know what I mean. I think her reaction was fairly benign, and she didn't deserve being kicked around by some who didn't agree.

keldanker-{{{hugs}}} (Where's that hug emoticon when you need it???)

don;t worry about it ...it is an interesting issue and I was just about to mention it here when you started the discussion.

I never saw your post keldanker and I don't think sharing of opinions is a problem. But I also saw a lot of reactions where people seem to want to shame the fans that were having very natural reactions. It will be a shame if people's reaction will taint this special memory for this fan.

And I agree with both of you. She certainly did not deserve to be kicked around. Opinions can be shared respectfully. I saw quite a few of those, so just wanted to remind that not everyone was attacking her. Nothing wrong with bringing the discussion here at all. In fact I came over here to see what FCA was saying about it because I find the discussion here to be intelligent and interesting. Respectful discussion about it on the boards could serve to alert future peasant-fans to think more about what they do when they get up there. Or not...... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Heh, artistic members - I am sure Muski can do something with that, I am getting a blank.

News breaks to talk about Britney? Really, nothing in the world is happeningthat is more important. As much as Clay gets hounded, at least he can walk around without the accident inducing papparazzi. I know, he tried to befirend them when he was in the West Coast, didn't do him any good though.

It seems he has found his "click" !!!

Uh...underthespell?

I see by your post count that you're relatively new here, huh? ;) I can't imagine any of the veterans here making that statement without just KNOWNG I'd say something...

I mean....really. LOOK at that word in quotation marks....tell me, what does that REALLY look like?

hmmmmm? :whistling-1:

With 00lsee having Clay getting his fish slapped on stage and now you having him finding his dick click, no wonder he looks joyous and happy up there! :lmaosmiley-1:

Let's see, play....'artistic members'..... :think: Well, we DO know that Clay could paint some BROAD strokes with his, don't we? :rimshot:

Uh...underthespell?

I see by your post count that you're relatively new here, huh? ;) I can't imagine any of the veterans here making that statement without just KNOWNG I'd say something...

I mean....really. LOOK at that word in quotation marks....tell me, what does that REALLY look like?

With 00lsee having Clay getting his fish slapped on stage and now you having him finding his dick click, no wonder he looks joyous and happy up there! :lmaosmiley-1:

Let's see, play....'artistic members'..... :think: Well, we DO know that Clay could paint some BROAD strokes with his, don't we? :rimshot:

This little conversation should have been on page 69!! :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks to folks who gave me the lyrics I was looking for.... I will have a page up in the next day or two!!

No comments to the "Hi Clay" escapade, or nods to the fan police. I act of my own accord in any given circumstance, and will probably continue to do so!! Because I'm NOT YET DEAD!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

WORD! It's totally a turn off to see the judgments going on about minor things like this and I really feel for the woman who was so happy to be on that stage. "Shrews" doesn't begin to describe them for me.

Soooo, the scandal of the day

Is you can't say "hi Clay"

Oh there simply must be, Arthur, trust me

Simply must be shrews!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Atinal... :cryingwlaughter: Excellent manipulation of words!

I think there was/is a lot of "ta dew" about "not much" going on. Those incidents were so mild. I know people are afraid they will esculate, but I think the cast can handle it, Clay included.

What interests me is that the "Claystein" fan told Sean she was sitting in A101 8 times and now they have new scenary saying C101 instead of A101. After so long with the A101 set. Methinks they decided to give her one time, but make the bit match another seat for awhile. Coincidence? Maybe. Made me go hmmmm!

I wish the reviewers would go see the play and write their reviews already... I'm sooo anxious. From recaps I can tell he's doing great, so, it's just a matter of whether the reviewers will be fair or not. Fantasia made a map for an AI'er being great on Broadway, so I'm crossing everything possible for him and us.

ETA: I thought they said around 2 weeks for the reviewers to be invited... it seems like it has been longer to me - I thought almost a month, but he started on the 18th and it will be 2 full weeks tomorrow night. LOL I'm an anxious idjit. :cryingwlaughter:

Liney I have seen it reported that they usually change the peasant number ...I doubt they would create a whole new script and prop just for that when they didn;t even choose that number the first time they did it she attended.

I really think this is the only way to do it have some surprise element. I don;t think it would be put in place only for clay fans...cos Monty Python fans also go to this show multiple times.

Uh...underthespell?

:cryingwlaughter: I also had to look twice. I must have been listening to Muski for too long! (me being as pure as the driven snow and all) :28:

Jump in the middle of thread and saw "controversey of the day" and thought I missed something...then I saw what it was...big eyeroll.

Bracing for another winter storm; we could get 6-10 inches...it is really going to be a crapshoot for those leaving from O'Hare tomorrow for NYC. They have already cancelled some flights.

Kim

Bracing for another winter storm; we could get 6-10 inches...it is really going to be a crapshoot for those leaving from O'Hare tomorrow for NYC. They have already cancelled some flights.

Kim

Its cold but clear in New York- I sure hope everyone can get here OK. Keeping my fingers crossed for those traveling.

My cartoon that I could not get to work for theend of my post up there

attitude13.gif

i LOVE it.

Pass the barf bucket, wanda.

Dumbass me, I just had to read around a couple of boards this afternoon to see what all the stink was about. Much ado about ab-so-lutely jack. Fans giving advice and instructions about how to watch the show? I've seen it all now!

I've yet to see Spamalot -- although my days are coming -- but I'll be damned if I need to follow "Instructions for Clay Fans." If I want to watch Clay the whole time, dammit I will, openly and unabashedly. Since I'll be seeing it mumbledy-mumble times I may do just that one night. But, you know what, it goes beyond Clay. For instance, I'm a fan of Antonio Banderas and if I had had an opportunity to see him on Broadway I probably would have paid my money, taken a seat, and stared at him all night long. There aren't any freaking rules!!!

Are you banned from Broadway if you have too much fun?

Kim

Its cold but clear in New York- I sure hope everyone can get here OK. Keeping my fingers crossed for those traveling.

They have already cancelled 500 flights at O'Hare; couple of friends that are heading to NYC this week-end have a 10:00 a.m. flight tomorrow; if it gets as bad as they say, I don't think they will be getting out.

Kim

FWIW, I've called and gotten on a flight the day before, when a big storm was anticipated. They don't want to get stuck with all those stranded people either. It's late, but if I were those folks, I would give it a try. They'd have to find a room in NYC on short notice. It would be a hassle, but better than missing the show.

ETA: lilyshine is representing at Spamalot tonight. Hope she has a blast!!!!

My cartoon that I could not get to work for theend of my post up there

attitude13.gif

i LOVE it.

Pass the barf bucket, wanda.

Dumbass me, I just had to read around a couple of boards this afternoon to see what all the stink was about. Much ado about ab-so-lutely jack. Fans giving advice and instructions about how to watch the show? I've seen it all now!

I've yet to see Spamalot -- although my days are coming -- but I'll be damned if I need to follow "Instructions for Clay Fans." If I want to watch Clay the whole time, dammit I will, openly and unabashedly. Since I'll be seeing it mumbledy-mumble times I may do just that one night. But, you know what, it goes beyond Clay. For instance, I'm a fan of Antonio Banderas and if I had had an opportunity to see him on Broadway I probably would have paid my money, taken a seat, and stared at him all night long. There aren't any freaking rules!!!

Are you banned from Broadway if you have too much fun?

Amen...nothing gets my blood pressure more than fans trying to control other fan's behavior and even think they can have a say on what Clay or TC does.

I am naturally shy. I don;t think I will ever wear a clay t shirt except to sleep and that was during my one and only Clay trip. Thats just the way I am. I love to jump and dance and have fun in concerts but I don;t like attracting attention to myself. I actually admire fans that can go all the way and wear Clay tshirts or can decorate their car and make it a Claymobile and attend a concert with a Tiara ... I say have fun and more power to them...as long as they do not directly affect other fans fun that is.

We are looking at 6-8 inches of snow tonight through tomorrow. I have to work about one hour away and called another employee who lives near by and she agreed to pick me up. Hope we do not get stranded there because I am leaving on Saturday morning for a week skiing in Vermont. No internet access for one week, will I survive!!!! I will miss the recaps and photos. He is looking mightly fine these days.

As far as other fan behavior, I will not comment. It is hard being in someone elses shoes.