#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

OK, all you [people who are interested in an after the show get together -

Does it have to have alcohol? There is an ice cream store (cold stone creamery?) on 42nd street that is open until midnight. Now the show is over at 9:30, by 10/10:30 the milling around the theater will be over - ???

OK, I will check places open until midnight with WIFI.

OF COURSE it must have alcohol. You don't have to drink alcohol if you don't want to. You could be the designated coherent person! I vote for a fun place with alcohol, non-alcohol, eats and preferably WIFI.

I keep remembering the bar at the hotel in West Palm after that concert! Hee! What fun. There was even karaoke "Solitaire" and "Invisible"! :cryingwlaughter:

I think that review is pretty good considering the thing he liked least isn't anything to do with Clay. Basically he said Clay's amazing voice and interpretive skills saved the song from being too, too trite. And I would take a radio hit on just about any format!! People who listen to AC and Hot AC buy CDs too, you know!

I'm excited about going to QVC! I will call someone (muski?) immediately after with a full report. Of course, its live TV and you all will have been watching it. Of course, those on the west coast who are at work will have to sneak a peak at the webcast. This will be a quickie with Clay to be sure, but hey! A quickie with Clay is still memorable!

From About.com via CH

Clay Aiken - "On My Way Here"

Rating three-half out of Five

By Bill Lamb, About.com

The Bottom Line

The title song and first single from Clay Aiken's upcoming album is not likely to get him back on mainstream pop radio. However, the lush arrangement and his vocals that flow like honey could spell an adult contemporary smash. Trite lyrics threaten to sink the recording, but Aiken's vocals here will remind many listeners why he charmed TV viewers enough to just miss being an American Idol champion.

Pros

* Clay Aiken's warm, polished vocals

* Lush strings and keyboard production

Cons

* Lyrical cliches

Description

* Written by Ryan Tedder, Hunter Davis, and Chris Faulk

* Produced by Kipper

* Released April 2008 by RCA Records

Guide Review - Clay Aiken - "On My Way Here"

Enlisting Ryan Tedder as the lead name in writing the song Clay Aiken hopes will bring him back to the widespread attention of pop listeners is a good move. Tedder's group OneRepublic have proven their staying power with their own top 10 hit "Stop and Stare" following the band's monster debut with Timbaland, "Apologize." Ryan Tedder is also a co-writer of Leona Lewis' #1 smash "Bleeding Love." Musically, "On My Way Here" maintains the Ryan Tedder touch filled with big strings and keyboards in a production that stops just south of a Broadway sound.

Lyrically, the song attempts to sound autobiographical. However, cliched lines about faith conquering fear, trying and failing, and being loved and lied to threaten to sink the project. Fortunately, Clay Aiken sings the words with such conviction it's rather easy to ignore the weakenesses.

Clay Aiken fans will be quite happy with this recording. It showcases the natural, polished warmth of his voice. It's not too difficult to imagine this could be a track he might have chosen to sing on American Idol. Unfortunately, it's difficult to imagine the extremely lush production on current top 40 radio in the US. A niche at adult contemporary, alongside fellow AI alum Kimberley Locke, is much more likely.

Hey I'll take a 3 1/2!

The last time I complained about cliches, I was told that cliches WORK, that is how they become cliches. i.e. used as a popular way to communicate a point, a feeling, a message. Since then, I've not been so judgemental about the use of cliches and note that when simplicity works, I'll take it.

What I got from that review is that Clay's amazingly warm and naturally magnificent voice will sell this song. His voice is the star, without any lyrics or violins or guitars. He does sell this song with exquisite phrasing and control supporting the gorgeous sound of his voice.

And while you probably can't have a Top 40 hit without a driving dance beat or provocative lyrics, the reviewer seems to predict it will be a "smash" AC hit. And if that's the case then the song will be played on the radio for the next, oh, 25 years! The Top 40 "hits" are here and gone; the AC tunes that are smash hits never die. Inasmuch as RCA is releasing OMWH to AC, I think this is exactly what they're after here. And I agree with the reviewer that, while the lyrics alone aren't inventive, Clay brings them to life with a subtle poignancy and obvious emotional connection that is intoxicating. Yes, I think that's what he said.

That, and what Muski said -- that it's a good thing that Clay's doing a Ryan Tedder song, the same Ryan Tedder who wrote the cliched lyrics that seem to be the only problem the reviewer dude has with the song. Huh?

Ok, OK, booze - it was just a passing thought.....

Away from the light and back into the dark.....

Hmm, how many bars have wifi?

I don't need no stinkin' booze. Clay is my high! :cryingwlaughter:

I'll take an AC smash hit anyday. It CMSU that anyone (reviewer or fan) thinks that Clay wants to be on Top 40 radio. He talked about it as a lot a crap, and to me, that's what it is as well. I won't listen to it.

Some Spam reviews from last night:

Toni7babe at CH:

Great show tonight! Crowd was very lively and big cheers for Clay tonight as well as the rest of the cast. Great ovation when he appeared in the tower and when he sang his Idol line and of course for his big number.

He teased us as he sat down at the piano to play. He ran his fingers accoss the keys without playing a few times.

Finally after all the shows I have been to he sang the Amen as Brother Manyard tonight. Loved it!!

Loads of teens at the stage door and guys too. Cheering like crazy for everyone who walked out the door and waiting for Clay. Snapping pics of him like crazy when he did come out. He looked adorable with the some real messy hair!!! haha!!! It was raining slightly, misting so I was surprised he came out but he did and signed fairly quickly.

I had blown up the hoody pic I had taken of him showing sa few chest hairs and a weeee bit of skin and he signed that tonight for me.

I sure did miss Rick Homes though as Lancelot and Brad Oscar was also out.

Here are a few pics from tonight. I didn't get many and they aren't too good but got a few of our messy hair boyfriend tonight:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...ot/IMG_7777.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...ot/IMG_7770.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...83_filtered.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...ot/IMG_7787.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...ot/IMG_7778.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...ot/IMG_7772.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...ot/IMG_7786.jpg

Shadylil at CH:

How about another NJU story from last night's show?

After I sat down, a couple came and sat next to me. The girl got up to go to the bathroom and after she left, I leaned over the empty seat and asked where he was from. Houston, he said. I told him that I'd know that accent anywhere, my brother lives in Houston, so we started chatting. He got to the box office at 10:00 am that day and grabbed the front row. Chatted about different Manhattan sites then I found out that they were on their honeymoon. He said, 'We're a bit older than the normal honeymoon couple so we decided to do something a bit different. Today we spent 5 hours in Central Park". It was a gorgeous day in NYC, 70, sunny, with a slight breeze. They were perhaps in their early 30's.

I asked if they knew that Clay was in the show. Yes. I asked if they were fans. The girl smiled and said, yes, I like him. I asked if they ever saw him in concert. No. I said, run, do not walk to one of his concerts.

They both LOVED the show, they laughed all the way through it. At the end, Hannah didn't lob her bouquet into the audience, she tossed it, with a huge grin on her face, right to the girl. I figured that the conductor, whose head was about 8 inches in front of ours, overheard us talking about honeymooning in NYC, told someone and it filtered up to Hannah. After the show was over, the girl said, 'What do I do with this?' She was so cute! I said that Hannah always threw the bouquet into the audience, but usually to around row 10 or 12 but obviously she knew it was their honeymoon. The girl didn't understand how Hannah could know that, but I said it was probably from the conductor overhearing them talking about it. Her husband then said, what a wonderful keepsake it was.

They were just a nice, sweet, young couple who had the time of their lives at a Clay Aiken performance.

Oh! One cute thing. One of them asked me if Hannah was a female impersonator!!! It took me a few minutes to convince them that she wasn't!

irishbookgal at CV:

I just heard from toni! It was raining a little but Clay did do the stage door. He signed pretty quickly. I forgot to ask if they were using the new SD system. There was a huge crowd though. She said there were a lot of young people out there and they were cheering for everyone who walked out the stage door. They must have screamed and cheered 3 or 4 times while I was on the phone with her and Clay was already gone!

Clay was wearing a powder blue sweater and sandals. He may have had on jeans but she couldn't tell for sure. His hair was a little messy. He was gorgeous!

Just before Clay went back into the theater, he stopped and signed for a little girl on the side.

Toni did get a few pictures. She's not sure how they came out though with where she was standing.

Clay was fantastic during the second half and he "kicked butt and was awesome"! He was hamming it up big time!

Clay was teasing and ran his fingers over the keys on the piano for a long time before he started to play. He got "to die for cheers" at the end of You Won't Succeed On Broadway.

The peasant was from the CB and was very cute up on stage.

Good Morning Everyone,

I have been bowling for 25+ years and last night I got my first 200 game, actually a 203...had a spare or strike in every frame and I beat my husband! Probably never happen again, but I was excited...yeah, it doesn't take much!

16 Days until Clay is on QVC!

22 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

24 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm on the clock here, using the hotel computer, and I already used up 10 minutes catching up with all you crazy texting ho's. So i'll have to shorthand our day yesterday: Disappearing deli's (I swear it was there last night), Rockefeller Center, walking past Kathy Lee Gifford and the other anchor chick broadcasting outside, FAO Schwartz, walking, walking, more walking, lunch at a verra, verra nice French restaurant (no cows were flung), a trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and finally back to the hotel room to get ready for the evening show.

By the way, if you travel with YSRN, you can't publicly demonstrate that you're a Clay Fan. She gets a bit testy, if say, you are standing in line waiting to get into the Shubert and you loudly yell "Hey, there's Jerome!" Ooops. (He was carrying a bag from Pizza Hut, I think. It looked like maybe it was a pasta dinner.)

What can I say about Spamalot from Row B? I kept nudging laughn before the show started and saying: "He's going to be right there in the tower!" It was directly over our heads, and it was just astounding to me that, after months of thinking about this trip and reading every recap I could find about Spam, I was finally going to see it live and in person. EEEEEEEEE!

My time is winding done, so I'll just post a few thoughts. Clay was tres CUTE. I swear he winked as he strutted out on the stage for "All for One". I couldn't hear any of his comments to the chorus girls or any of the other knights in "Knights of the Round Table", but I think he was keeping up a constant stream of chatter. A funky, almost gospel riffy sung "Amen" by Brother M. Clay had the loudest cheers, and Hannah either said or gestured something to Clay that made him double up with laughter during the finale.

Gotta go! Two shows today and home tomorrow!

CONGRATULATIONS aikim on the 200 game! I kinda miss bowling on a league...but that would seriously cut into Clay time. *g*

By the way, if you travel with YSRN, you can't publicly demonstrate that you're a Clay Fan. She gets a bit testy, if say, you are standing in line waiting to get into the Shubert and you loudly yell "Hey, there's Jerome!" Ooops. (He was carrying a bag from Pizza Hut, I think. It looked like maybe it was a pasta dinner.)

LOL! But how loudly did you yell? Did Jerome notice? Do you think you're on the list now? *g*

What can I say about Spamalot from Row B? I kept nudging laughn before the show started and saying: "He's going to be right there in the tower!" It was directly over our heads, and it was just astounding to me that, after months of thinking about this trip and reading every recap I could find about Spam, I was finally going to see it live and in person. EEEEEEEEE!

It is an amazing feeling, isn't it? I surely wish every Clay fan could experience that!

I'm so glad you're having the time of your life bottlecap! Say "hi" to everyone from me and all of us here at FCA.

Hubby has a business trip in Chicago today; the damn alarm went off at 4:00 a.m.! Fortunately, I went back to sleep for a few hours, and now I'm in bed with the laptop. However, I will probably get some work done -- it's always easier to try to thoroughly clean some rooms of the house without hubby around (such as my office). I'll check in from time to time though....

CONGRATULATIONS aikim on the 200 game! I kinda miss bowling on a league...but that would seriously cut into Clay time. *g*

Thanks! And yeah, there are some Friday's when things are going on in Clayland and I wish I could stay home; but hubby time is important and we really do have a good time when we go...we are there just to have fun as evidenced by our 17th place in the standings.

Sounds like you all are having a wonderful time bottlecap; so wish I could have a made trip out to NYC, but just not doable. Hubby and I are actually on vacation next week and believe me I was so tempted to try and talk him into a trip to see Spamalot, but we really can't afford it and have so many things that need to get done around the house...and of course, now with the wedding coming up, we have to save every penny.

But I am looking forward to seeing Clay on TV when the CD promotion starts and hoping that I can see him at the end of the year when he tours (keeping fingers crossed!)

Kim

What I got from that review is that Clay's amazingly warm and naturally magnificent voice will sell this song. His voice is the star, without any lyrics or violins or guitars. He does sell this song with exquisite phrasing and control supporting the gorgeous sound of his voice.

And while you probably can't have a Top 40 hit without a driving dance beat or provocative lyrics, the reviewer seems to predict it will be a "smash" AC hit. And if that's the case then the song will be played on the radio for the next, oh, 25 years! The Top 40 "hits" are here and gone; the AC tunes that are smash hits never die. Inasmuch as RCA is releasing OMWH to AC, I think this is exactly what they're after here. And I agree with the reviewer that, while the lyrics alone aren't inventive, Clay brings them to life with a subtle poignancy and obvious emotional connection that is intoxicating. Yes, I think that's what he said.

That, and what Muski said -- that it's a good thing that Clay's doing a Ryan Tedder song, the same Ryan Tedder who wrote the cliched lyrics that seem to be the only problem the reviewer dude has with the song. Huh?

:clap: That paragraph sounds eerily familiar. Like maybe some of us have said that so many times in the last year or so. AC is where he belongs with his style of singing. I don't ever see Clay as a fit on Top 40....Hot AC/AC is where I see him. I think that is a good thing too. Longevity on AC radio makes a nice career. Don't hear too many one hit wonders on there, do we? No rocker Clay. Time for those dreamers to accept this or move on. Not that that will happen, or that I'm trying to tell anyone what to do. Their money is as good as mine. I just wish they would take that tired old discussion off the boards, or go secret......

YSRN............ :F_05BL17blowkiss: I knew you'd be back. I'm sooo glad too. I'm glad that the 3 of you had a good time in NYC.

Claygasm, I'm green with envy...........One day my prince will come to my back yard too. At least that is my hope.

ETA: I hope that if the fans on his OFC start brutally trashing OMWH, like they did ATDW, that Clay will close down the message board part of his OFC. It has long been an embarrassment to him and not conducive to attracting, and more importantly keeping, new fans when OMWH comes out. JMHO

Goood Mooorning FCA!!

Why Yes, I am still a bit overexcited!

I haven't time to catch up fully but I just wanted to check all is well in spamland and say hello from Washington DC.

Today I get to meet the lovely Cha Cha and Mr Cha Cha!

Tomorrow we are heading to NYC!!!!!

Cheerio for now :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It's great to hear from our travelers. Have fun Ausdon... you'll love the Cha Chas. Yep, I always walk so much in NYC. Wish I was there with YSRN in my Clay Aiken t-shirt just sharing the sites, kissing busses, and such. heeee. Can't wait to thear from the third part of the trio! Laughn come out come out wherever you are!

Yay for the bowling score. I suck at it but it's a fun game.

ETA: Wonder how Jamar is doing. I still have her in my speed dial from Xmas :whistling-1: Nah, I won't mess with her. hee

Good Morning Everyone,

I have been bowling for 25+ years and last night I got my first 200 game, actually a 203...had a spare or strike in every frame and I beat my husband! Probably never happen again, but I was excited...yeah, it doesn't take much!

16 Days until Clay is on QVC!

22 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

24 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

aikim... CONGRATS!!! Hey, you made a map, so your bowling ball may make that trip again. So kewl!!!

Hey, I found out where half the young people of OC/LA counties spend their Friday nights... Downtown Disney. I'm talking teenage thru mid-20s. Amazing! There was a violinist on one corner, a jazz guitarist on another corner, and a Peruvian band on another corner. A movie theatre and many restuarants/eating places. Lots of places to sit. Perfect! It was packed.

After much walking miles in and out of Disneyland, I found half of what was on my DD's shopping list. The only ride I went on what Pirates, cause that has always been my favorite and I love the Jack Sparrow additions.

Clayzorback... I agree with you totally. I think Clay will always occasionally play rockin' songs, but will never be "Rocker Clay." I wouldn't mind if one of his uptempo songs from this new cd makes it in Hot AC, tho! It would be nice for the masses to realize he does sing something other than ballads. LOL

WooHoo for ausdon meeting up with cha cha trusty! I love this "I can travel anywhere and find a friend" kind of thing.

I just heard from laughn -- she's having trouble remembering her password to get into FCA (LOL), so she told me I could bring her SD recap over from getclayaiken:

just to mention a few odds and ends...I'll do better later, I swear.

Stage door stuff...

Lin had grabbed a spot up to the front and was trying to hold it for me to switch out, but I told her to stay and take YSRN's camera...unfortunately, I was too far away to show her how to use it...I think there are a couple that worked...I got to see him pretty close...looked like jeans to me...lol

I stood next to the gal who caught Hannah's boquet. She was still super excited. The girl that Clay spoke to at the end of the stagedoor was actually a teen, I believe. She came up along side me before Clay ever came out. She was with an older friend/sister woman. She was in a wheel chair and had some motor issues, CP, perhaps, but I'm just guessing.

The standing gal kept asking if some would step aside so the wheelchair could get closer. I don't think anyone but the few could hear, what with all the shouting and calling, etc. After Clay walked by and went down about half way, the women in front of her could finally hear. They parted right away.

Actually, the walking gal said, 'well, do you think you will let us up there now?' More frustrated than anything. She had kept looking down at the girl in the wheelchair as if to say she was doing everything she could to get her a spot to see from. Lin was up front and helped pull her up the rest of the way. Everyone around the two women said, 'don't worry, we're sure he'll come back and say hello'...and of course, he did.

From what I heard, he was just very kind and signed her t-shirt, said her name and called her 'darlin.'

I think it turned out pretty nice. It is a mad house. I don't think I was prepared for the real sense of 'crush' you feel out there.

Oh...and same old barrer system...nothing different as to how the stage door was run.

WooHoo for ausdon meeting up with cha cha trusty! I love this "I can travel anywhere and find a friend" kind of thing.

I just heard from laughn -- she's having trouble remembering her password to get into FCA (LOL), so she told me I could bring her SD recap over from getclayaiken:

just to mention a few odds and ends...I'll do better later, I swear.

Stage door stuff...

Lin had grabbed a spot up to the front and was trying to hold it for me to switch out, but I told her to stay and take YSRN's camera...unfortunately, I was too far away to show her how to use it...I think there are a couple that worked...I got to see him pretty close...looked like jeans to me...lol

I stood next to the gal who caught Hannah's boquet. She was still super excited. The girl that Clay spoke to at the end of the stagedoor was actually a teen, I believe. She came up along side me before Clay ever came out. She was with an older friend/sister woman. She was in a wheel chair and had some motor issues, CP, perhaps, but I'm just guessing.

The standing gal kept asking if some would step aside so the wheelchair could get closer. I don't think anyone but the few could hear, what with all the shouting and calling, etc. After Clay walked by and went down about half way, the women in front of her could finally hear. They parted right away.

Actually, the walking gal said, 'well, do you think you will let us up there now?' More frustrated than anything. She had kept looking down at the girl in the wheelchair as if to say she was doing everything she could to get her a spot to see from. Lin was up front and helped pull her up the rest of the way. Everyone around the two women said, 'don't worry, we're sure he'll come back and say hello'...and of course, he did.

From what I heard, he was just very kind and signed her t-shirt, said her name and called her 'darlin.'

I think it turned out pretty nice. It is a mad house. I don't think I was prepared for the real sense of 'crush' you feel out there.

Oh...and same old barrer system...nothing different as to how the stage door was run.

There's that Clay Aiken fellow... making me all schmoopie again! What a sweetie!!!

Pink Armchair wrote another Climmel and the monologue she wrote for Jimmy should get her a spot writing for him in RL. Cracked me up...

Kimmel: Thank you. I’ve been asked tonight to introduce Simon Cowell. Actually, a lot of people were asked to introduce him, but no one else would do it.

Simon Cowell is the reason Governor Schwarzenegger must work to secure the borders of this country. All the good feelings about the British Mary Poppins brought here, he has undone.

This event tonight is for a wonderful cause, but I think we should set just a little bit of the money we raise tonight aside to buy Simon a shirt that fits him. Simon, I know you’ve had that black v-neck since the fourth grade, and I’m sure there’s an emotional attachment, but it’s time to let it go...it really is.

They say people like and relate to Simon because he says what the rest of us are thinking. But if that’s the case, why hasn’t he said anything about the fact that his nipples are the size of pepper mills? On many nights, it looks like you’re smuggling the Olsen twins in under your shirt.

Fortunately for Simon, they do draw attention away from that ridiculous haircut. Honestly, who parts that for you? Moses? Is that a hairstyle in England? Because I’ve never seen it here before. Simon, you make 40 million dollars a year -- it’s time to step up from Super Cuts, it really is.

But back to Simon’s nipples, if I may. You know, people sometimes think Paula is crying on the show -- no! His nipples keep poking her in the eyes.

Truth be told, I know Simon. He’s a good man, he supports a number of charities, not just this one, and he supports PETA and their work against cruelty to animals. Simon feels strongly that cruelty should be reserved exclusively for the contestants on this show.

But the fact is that American Idol without Simon Cowell would be like Christmas without the Grinch...it would be like a picnic without ants...it would be like Ryan Seacrest without the faux-hawk. And I think I speak for all of America when I say: let’s see YOU sing something, Simon. And button your shirt.

Ladies and gentleman, Simon Cowell.

YAY for bottle, laughn and of course YSRN!!! And there's another way we're Twins!! I am always a teensy bit uncomfortable around those with Clay Aiken t-shirts and who yell hi to Jerome etc. Then again, in my real life, only a handful of people even know I am a Clay fan! :ph34r:

Anyway, glad you all liked "Spamalot". Can't wait to hear what YSRN has to say about it.

These are such fun times in this fandom!

Pink Armchair wrote another Climmel and the monologue she wrote for Jimmy should get her a spot writing for him in RL. Cracked me up...

Kimmel: Thank you. I’ve been asked tonight to introduce Simon Cowell. Actually, a lot of people were asked to introduce him, but no one else would do it.

Simon Cowell is the reason Governor Schwarzenegger must work to secure the borders of this country. All the good feelings about the British Mary Poppins brought here, he has undone.

This event tonight is for a wonderful cause, but I think we should set just a little bit of the money we raise tonight aside to buy Simon a shirt that fits him. Simon, I know you’ve had that black v-neck since the fourth grade, and I’m sure there’s an emotional attachment, but it’s time to let it go...it really is.

They say people like and relate to Simon because he says what the rest of us are thinking. But if that’s the case, why hasn’t he said anything about the fact that his nipples are the size of pepper mills? On many nights, it looks like you’re smuggling the Olsen twins in under your shirt.

Fortunately for Simon, they do draw attention away from that ridiculous haircut. Honestly, who parts that for you? Moses? Is that a hairstyle in England? Because I’ve never seen it here before. Simon, you make 40 million dollars a year -- it’s time to step up from Super Cuts, it really is.

But back to Simon’s nipples, if I may. You know, people sometimes think Paula is crying on the show -- no! His nipples keep poking her in the eyes.

Truth be told, I know Simon. He’s a good man, he supports a number of charities, not just this one, and he supports PETA and their work against cruelty to animals. Simon feels strongly that cruelty should be reserved exclusively for the contestants on this show.

But the fact is that American Idol without Simon Cowell would be like Christmas without the Grinch...it would be like a picnic without ants...it would be like Ryan Seacrest without the faux-hawk. And I think I speak for all of America when I say: let’s see YOU sing something, Simon. And button your shirt.

Ladies and gentleman, Simon Cowell.

Actually, this is the monologue Jimmy Kimmel used in the Idol Gives Back special the other night. I know because I was flipping channels and just happened to catch it. It CMSU, too. But it has nothing to do with Pink Armchair.

Thanks for bringing that over! Hee, I know all about forgetting my password and trying to log in on others' computer while on the road! Usually, I forget and mistakenly post under someone else's user name.....oops. BTW, I keep seeing references to the getclayaiken.com board, but when I try to go there and check it out, I get url not found. Is it a private site?

BTW, I keep seeing references to the getclayaiken.com board, but when I try to go there and check it out, I get url not found. Is it a private site?

I just tried it from my bookmark, and their site seems to be down at the moment. Bad timing, for I think all their admins are in NYC...*g* Anyway, it's not a private site, not that I know of. I mean, they let me join. *g* ETA: they seem to be back up now.

CG, I understand ya....and yet, I love wearing my Clay t-shirts out, and have been known to involuntarily say "hey, there's Jerome" or "ooooo, pretty marquee with Clay's picture" loud enough for others to notice. (Note the word "involuntarily" there. Heh...) There are times when I feel the fandom is embarrassed at being a Clay fan. I think part of that is because of the OTT of some fans, sure. But I also get the feeling that some don't want to be identified with someone (Clay) who is considered "not cool" by much of the general public.

I'm one who is proud of my fandom. I don't PUSH my fandom to every single person I meet, to be sure. When I wear my Clay shirts, I'm not saying to people, "isn't the guy on my t-shirt great?", but if someone notices and starts a conversation with me about it, I don't have a problem... But, at the same time, I like being able to show the world that I'm a Clay fan. *shrug*

EEEEEEEEEEE great to hear from Bottle, laughn and YSRN!!!

and ausdon...have a great time...same to all those on a trip...

I feel like I am just getting over my own trip. Coming home I ended up with a bad cold and its just clearing up. But now time to get real and get my own work life in order...

I do think that Clay's problem is that people still don;t know where he belongs. I really don't have a problem with him settling in on AC and hot AC radio as long as his music can get more national and international exposure.

YAY for bottle, laughn and of course YSRN!!! And there's another way we're Twins!! I am always a teensy bit uncomfortable around those with Clay Aiken t-shirts and who yell hi to Jerome etc. Then again, in my real life, only a handful of people even know I am a Clay fan! :ph34r:

bunch of amateurs... and here I am walking around the "hood" ok it's not really the hood but I proudly show my love heee. Heck I wear them to the gym when I go. I'm not a clayverter though. When Muski and I used to go walking she'd never wear a Clay Tshirt yet she has told many stories of how she clayverts people, show them video etc.

Such a nice day today... yet I need to be focused on 2 weeks from now. Sigh. Back to work.

Getting ready to leave for the matinee soon! EEEEEEEE! <= Our row for this afternoon's show, please an annoying uncontrollable fangirly noise.

Thanks for the good wishes. I miss "talking" to you guys and feel a little out of touch with all things Clay, even though we're here, seeing him in person. It's a bit weird....