#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

QUOTE("Ms Marmalade")

Some info from GAD about the AI2 Rewind Final 2 and Finale:

The Final 2 show is literally what was broadcast on TV 5 years ago -- More fluff to me than anything. Inane Q&A's, plus Erin the Claymate answering trivia questions about Clay. We get Ruben singing "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" and Clay singing DLTSGDOM. Also 2 group songs (WTWNN and GBTUSA). Clay talks about why he chose to go second, the main reason being that he would be the last person the audience saw perform and he thought that would make him memorable for people to vote, but apparently he guessed WRONG. HAHA tmCHA

The Finale is going to be tough to watch, I think. There is a round robin of other commentators from the AI Rewind series saying who they voted for. Hearing Kim Locke say she put her money on Ruben to win and she wants her money with a wink came off as mean. Pretty much all the finalists from the show chose Ruben as their guy to win, except Trenyce who cited Clay's ridiculously huge fanbase (as Corey Clark says "the Claymates" with a laugh, also saying we're "dangerous"). Josh is not here to comment, nor is Carmen. Julia says she doesn't know why Ruben had the edge to win, except that he had that whole teddy bear thing and was so likable.

Clay says he didn't cheat, but he saw the card with Ruben's name as the winner. So knowing he didn't win made the final moments less stressful for him. He chose to look at Ruben in that strange way on stage because Ruben didn't know he had won and Clay wanted to be the first to see his face when Ruben heard his name. Ruben says that winning the show didn't matter so much to him, except in that moment when Ryan was about to announce the winner. In that moment, it was the most important thing in his life. If it wasn't his name called, it would have just been "wrong".

There is a short soundbyte in the beginning of the show where Clay says something like he allowed himself to think that maybe that night, after than one night (after singing BOTW), that maybe he could win this thing, that he believed ... and he laughs.

It still stings.

I don't think there is a "Where are they now" piece to the Finale episode, and it is the last show of AI Rewind Season 2. The show description has changed. I'll know for sure next week.

|--

OK, I'm sitting here chuckling over Clay saying that he'd give the winner a hug and a kiss and licking his lips to drive up the price. OMG, why isn't there clack? And why don't I live in NYC?

Since Canadians and other international fans can't order the Walmart exclusive bonus track CD, can we maybe set up a thread for requests and offers to help?

PLEASE?

OK, I'm sitting here chuckling over Clay saying that he'd give the winner a hug and a kiss and licking his lips to drive up the price. OMG, why isn't there clack? And why don't I live in NYC?

Since Canadians and other international fans can't order the Walmart exclusive bonus track CD, can we maybe set up a thread for requests and offers to help?

PLEASE?

I think they will be available in the stores. If not, I'd be happy to help.

It says on the web site that they are not available in stores. Thanks for the offer to help, Thankful4Clay. I am covered, but I bet there will be many that aren't.

I wonder if it will really have an alternate cover? That will be so cool!

luckiest1, the ones on the WalMart site without the bonus track also say "not available in store."

I know it says that the format is "CD" on these -- but I wonder if one might be a digital download only. I think I'll wait a little bit more before trying to figure out which one to preorder, or if I even need to preorder in the first place.

PLEASE?

OK thread created here so please use VIEW NEW POST link to periodically check this thread for requests.

From Notacanuck at CH:

Show: Jimmy Kimmel Live

Episode: 2008/05/15

Network: (ABC) ABC Television

Date: Friday - May 16, 2008

Time: 12:05/11:05c AM

Duration: 1:00

About: Jimmy Kimmel Live: 2008/05/15

Actor Josh Holloway; musical guest Clay Aiken (panel guest and performance).

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ETA: Wait, does that mean Thursday night but since it's after midnight when it airs it's actually Friday? Hee, good thing I'm not in LA trying to get tickets.

From Notacanuck at CH:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ETA: Wait, does that mean Thursday night but since it's after midnight when it airs it's actually Friday? Hee, good thing I'm not in LA trying to get tickets.

EEEEEEEEE! Lost conspiracy theories and Clay Aiken in the same show. I'll be a happy camper!

I think the show is recorded actually on the 16th - of course I ran over to Kimmel's ticket site which says:

Thursday, May 15 @ 5:30 PM

TBD << GET TIX >>

DIERKS BENTLEY Outdoor Mini-concert << GET TIX >>

Friday, May 16 @ 5:30 PM

TBD

From Notacanuck at CH:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

EEEEEEEEE! Lost conspiracy theories and Clay Aiken in the same show. I'll be a happy camper!

:hubbahubba:CUTE GUY overload alert! :hubbahubba:

Good morning everyone! What great news - a Kimmel appearance! I don't know if this is a popular opinion on this board or not but I'll just throw it out there and then get ready to duck.....I HOPE Clay's exhuberant fans don't bombard the studio with gifts!!! I personally have always thought that was embarassing to Clay! JMO!

And I would be more than happy to volunteer to smuggle a WalMart CD to a Canadian(s) Have done it in the past!

I'm not sure I'll be watching the finale on AIR. I was pretty upset when the winner was announced and now it kind of niggles at me that the other Idols were so sure it was going to be Ruben. Is that because he was frankly pimped by the judges for so many weeks? Are we blind and have a tin ear? And then I had a friend who was so Ruben-centric that she called me and crowed when the winner was announced - knowing how much I wanted Clay to win. I hung up on her, thought she was being really mean. Didn't speak to her for several weeks!!! Funny thing is - she wanted to go to NY with me to see Spam and was miffed when she wasn't invited to do the 4-fer in California last year. I still give her a bad time about that phone call. But I think she finally "gets" Clay!

Eh, I don't care about the gifts - it's not like I've ever provided Kimmel with anything but the honor of my presence (lucky man!) but the "gifts from fans" thing isn't even close to be unique to the Clay Nation...so I don't think Clay cares either. I think Jimmy cares because I think he's the kind of guy that likes loot. I like that about him.

Well, honestly - there really are a lot of people who did like Ruben better than Clay, especially viewing this just as a reality show, popularity contest, whatever. Shoot, my sister called me up to do a war dance of triumph over the phone, but if Clay had won, I would have done the same to her. But then again, that's how my family dynamic is set up. But when I spent last weekend cleaning my mother's place, I played Clay all day and she was fine with it. I don't take Clay's loss personally, and I don't take other people preferences personally. Lord knows, I never saw what anyone saw in Elliot Yasmin or Kellie Pickler or Bucky Covington (picking some names from that People success story thing). I don't like their voices, their performances, their looks or anything about them. But apparently a fair number of people do. And even through Ruben didn't have the success of Clay, he still has had a good deal of success. Hell, Clay hasn't had the success of Kelly or Carrie - but it doesn't negate the sucess he has had.

The thing Clay really did do for AI was remove it from the "all or nothing" category. And I think that's better for everybody in the long run. That you don't have to win to be really, really successful. And ultimately, I think that's what everyone who tries out for AI really wants - a chance at success - and what they define as success.

thefacts-1.jpg
OMG muski!!! :hubbahubba: i've been looking for that hires Rolling Stone pix for AGES!!! can you PM me the full pix? I'm a big fan of chest hair (funny since I never liked 'em before Clay :lol:)

YAY for Climmel!!! :dancingpickle:

I think the show is recorded actually on the 16th - of course I ran over to Kimmel's ticket site which says:

Thursday, May 15 @ 5:30 PM

TBD << GET TIX >>

DIERKS BENTLEY Outdoor Mini-concert << GET TIX >>

Friday, May 16 @ 5:30 PM

TBD

The listing comes from here, which doesn't show Dierks Bentley either night. Seems like one site or the other isn't up to date.

You know, my gut reaction to the AI Rewind description was "eeep, maybe I won't watch it" but nah, I've decided I'm over it. I think I'll watch it after all. But I hope they do the "where are they now" episode that they originally talked about. I was looking forward to that one a lot!

Gifts at Kimmel? Don't bother me. I think Clay gets a kick out of it. So does Jimmy.

Yay for Klimmel...I'm sure all the tickets are gone so I won't even bother. Doesn't look like he's singing anyway.

Can some researchers/librarians/anybody look at this and tell me how scammy it is please

ummmm couchie...he is musical guest AND panel guest...according to the info posted anyway.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE love the Klimmel

I really don't think the gifts bother Clay and/or Jimmy, but I do think its pretty contradictory when fans complain that the media always makes fans part of the story yet we insinuate ourselves every chance we get. Like Clay can;t survive without our presence. The other thing that bothers me about gifts is how show offy they have become...at times its like a competition between groups of fans and I shudder at the money spent when it coudl;ve gone to BAF or UNICEF. But I made my peace with that. Some fans will always feel it necessary to constantly proclaim to the world that they are there to support him.

Couchie....that looks like something I would delete... :unsure:

footloose--that cropped chest is all I have in my Photobucket account, sorry! I remember, though, when this first came out. My buddy Totally and I were getting out magnifying glasses to 'see through' his shirt to confirm the chest hair! :cryingwlaughter:

Glad to see Clay's going to be on Kimmel's show. I won't be going, however. Been there and done that twice and that's just fine. I'll be happy to watch it on TV and get reports from those who do go, but I've pretty much decided I'm not all that comfy as 'one of those Clay fans' that descend upon the studio and camp out on the sidewalks when Clay's there. :cryingwlaughter: What IS certain is that he'll bring high ratings and his chat will be hilarious and he'll sing purdy. :wub:

So sleepy..but gotta get some work done while the attendees are offsite on their school and museum visits...

Oh, and I want Clay to smack and lick his lips in preparation for kissing MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :hubbahubba:

It says on the web site that they are not available in stores.

I would hesitate on believing this after what happened with All Is Well. I do remember that when it first went up on Walmart Online, it had the same designation "not sold in stores" and that caused all kinds of insane consternation at OFC, and probably elsewhere too. Oh the weeping and wailing! I vaguely recall that Walmart halted the online ordering process after a few days -- probably because of the limited number of EPs that were pressed, and wanting to have some to go on the shelves.

I want to see what the bonus track is before committing to buying it from three different sites. If it says "exclusive" bonus track, well that's another deal then and my money is DOWN.

If I lived in the So. California area I would be clamoring for a Kimmel ticket. Nothing is more fun than The Climmel! Hmm, this puts Clay in LA on the Friday night before the AI Finale. He could be the musical guest for the Top 2 results show on the 14th, or participate in the Finale on the 21st.

If he's back in NY on the 26th, I'll keep hope alive that he'll be in the City that week prepping for SNL on the 31st. Or he could be taping something with 30 Rock and I wouldn't cry about it! I'm hoping that since SNL was dark for several months this season, that they'll run the show into June this year.

Okay, well, I guess I wasn't too off-the-wall with my opinion. I just haven't seen any other celebrity get bombarded with stuff and always thought it played in to the OTT description some of Clay's fans get from the media. I've even had family members ask me if I contributed to the eleventeen pizzas sent, etc. I tell them I contribute to TBAF where the money will go to some good!

I know Ruben was popular and loved - I just didn't think he was all that on AI. I do like him. I do like his voice when he isn't singing hip hop crap. And quite frankly, looking back, I'm glad Clay didn't win. He'd still be in servitude somehow to that show. It launched him, got him exposure on a national level, created a loyal fanbase for him that hopefully is still growing, but it still pains me to see that final announcement. Sorry. I won't be watching it.

I know people have different "tastes" when it comes to music but I never got Elliot Yamin or Bucky or Jasmine Trias or even Ramielle from this season. Nothing different about them in my mind......good karaoke singers! But - if we didn't all have different tastes than all music would sound the same.

Tickets to SPAMalot and Champagne toast with Clay Aiken 4 $1,000.00

Free 6d 23h 14m

Clay Aiken's costume from Broadway SPAMalot 3 $222.50

Free 6d 23h 20m

"Assistant" Drummer to Sean McDaniel in SPAMalot - $50.00

Free 6d 23h 22m

Clay Aiken's costume from Broadway SPAMalot - $50.00

Free 6d 23h 24m

Dinner with Clay Aiken and SPAMalot cast members - $50.00

Free 6d 23h 25m

Walk on role in Broadway's SPAMalot with Clay Aiken - $50.00

Free 6d 23h 32m

Well that spamalot auction seem to got reset and every bid is now just 50 bucks. I wonder if the former bids had problems like they were bogus.

I hope people arenot messing with this auction...its for a really good cause.

the items are...

ticket and champagne toast...that is now up to 100

2 Costumes...up to 200

assistant to sean

walk on role to a show

and a dinner with Clay and tickets.

right now only the first 2 items have any bids.

well the champagne toast jumped to 1000 right now...who is putting the bids so high right away??? from100 to 1K in one bid?is that normal?

The additional auction added today is this:

Perform on Broadway in SPAMalot with Clay Aiken!!!

Play the part of "the monk" in one scene with Clay Aiken. Date of performance to be decided by the winner and stage management. Date of performance must be between April 29th and Saturday evening's performance on May 3rd. Must be available for rehearsal and costume fittings the day of the performance. Access restrictions may apply and are subject to stage management approval.

___

In work woes...I hate my job. Budget time sucks. And I think my boss, who is supposedly "training" me, is doing a not-very-good job of it, asking me to do things before she actually thinks them through, which is messing me over big time. I know, it's part of the learning curve, but I don't understand her reasoning on a bunch of stuff.