#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

I know Clay has snatched my mind up and is keeping it for his lovely self because I can't stop humming this to myself:

Love him, I love him, I love him

And where he goes I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow

I will follow him, follow him wherever he may go

There isn't an ocean too deep

A mountain so high it can keep me away

I must follow him, ever since he touched my hand I knew

That near him I always must be

And nothing can keep him from me

He is my destiny

I love him, I love him, I love him

And where he goes I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow

Hell always be my true love, my true love, my true love

From now until forever, forever, forever

This is a serious ride so far this year!

Oh my Lord! I'm going to NY with Little Peggy March! :cryingwlaughter:

BTW, I clicked on the local Clear Channel AC station in Houston, KODA, and they have the single up ... but it doesn't work!! Whatzamattathem?

One other thing ... I understand that the Clay and Cast dinner at Sardi's isn't going to be on 5/26, but on 4/26. Since the eHP will be in NY that day, couldn't one of you lovely evil-doers just win this thing so I could sit at a nearby table and pretend not to notice?

mornin' everyone..

my reaction of the video is twofold. First...EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! GAH!!! fgdfgdkgjdfkgj!!! he looks gorgeous. then...uh-oh, i hope it's not going to be another low budget MV!!!

The edit counter was removed due to poster complaints.
will YSRN relent if i protested loud enough? :cryingwlaughter:

i think i may be the only one who love the green sweater. it looks good on him.

Nope, I love the green sweater too! I didn't get to meet him at the Border's book signing but I was there and I thought he looked just adorable!

Watched the video at work, but had to have it play softly, so now that I am home, I am going to watch it again and crank up the volume. And to clarify; I am only listening to Clay's versions of the songs, not the demos.

Kim

Nice avatar laughn!!!

If you can, stream from your local Clear Channel station. Do a search from their homepage, and click on the link for Clay Aiken that comes up. There will be a box on his page for OMWH with the floor pic photo. Click on that, and a player will come up and play the song, after advertising Mariah Carey's video. Not my favorite site to listen from, as the song cuts off before it's over, and there's a "on demand" voice interrupting it a couple of times.

There are other Clay videos on his CC page, including the "Producers" and "Spamalot" webisodes.

OMG!!!!!!!!! From CH:

A Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!!

from CrazyDreamer at CB via andee1960 at CV:

Didn't anyone else find this yet? I searched and didn't see it. QVC will include a 5 Track Bonus CD!!!!

CLAY AIKEN -ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS Monday, April 28, 2008

07:00 - 08:00 PM ET

Multi-platinum selling singing sensation Clay Aiken is poised to release his first album of original material since his double-platinum debut, "Measure of a Man." This eagerly anticipated new CD, "On My Way Here," is set to release on May 6, 2008. Reserve your copy before it hits the stores, and receive a special 5-track Bonus CD created especially for QVC. He'll win your heart again, as Clay performs select songs from On My Way Here. Release date subject to change without notice

from Notacanuck at the CH:

From HDD, this is big news:

WEISS NAMED BMG CHAIRMAN/CEO, DAVIS NOW SBMG CCO, BOWEN, GOLDSTUCK OUT

Weiss Upped, Clive to Creative Post, Sanders Head of International

April 17, 2008

Happy bar mitzvah, Barry Weiss. You are now the man.

The veteran exec will assume the position of Chairman/CEO of the BMG Label Group, reporting to SBMG Music Entertainment CEO Rolf Schmidt-Holtz.

Weiss will now be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of RCA Records, Jive, J Records, LaFace, Arista, Volcano, Verity, GospoCentric and Fo Yo Soul.

Effective immediately, Clive Davis, who was previously Chairman/CEO, will assume the role of Chief Creative Officer for Sony BMG Worldwide, reporting to Schmidt-Holtz.

Weiss was previously President/CEO of the Zomba Label Group, where he signed and/or developed such artists as Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, R. Kelly, Backstreet Boys, Chris Brown, T-Pain and Three Days Grace. Weiss will continue to oversee Zomba as part of the BMG Label Group in his new role.

Richard Sanders, currently President of Global Marketing, will now become Head of International, responsible for operations and regional offices worldwide. He will continue to oversee Global Marketing.

As a result, SBMG COO Tim Bowen and BMG President/COO Charles Goldstuck will leave the company.

Said the release: “Bowen successfully worked across labels and regions to unify SONY BMG and expand its presence in markets around the world.”

It added: “Goldstuck helped to build BMG into one of the most successful music label groups in the industry during his tenure as President and COO. His many contributions over the years have greatly benefited the BMG Label Group.”

Sony-BMG Reshuffles, Gives Clive Davis A Gentle Shove

Peter Kafka | April 17, 2008 6:25 PM

What do you do when your industry is in a death spiral? Reshuffle your management ranks. EMI is in the midst of a headache-inducing org chart overhaul, and Sony-BMG just announced its own moves.

OUT: Charles Goldstuck, former President and COO of the BMG unit and a one-time rising star; Tim Bowen, Sony-BMG COO.

UP: Barry Weiss, former President and COO of Zomba Label Group (Britney, Justin Timberlake, Backstreet Boys et al), is now Chairman and CEO of BMG.

PUSHED POLITELY ASIDE: Clive Davis, former BMG Chairman and CEO, is now "Chief Creative Officer", a title we don't believe existed before, and which we're interpreting as "honorific title because we don't want to or can't fire you".

Clive is a legendary figure in the business, and the kind of legendary figure who doesn't mind telling you that he's a legendary figure, so this move is important for that reason. But in the big picture, this is unlikely to matter much: The people who aren't buying CDs anymore have never heard of Clive Davis. Press release for music industry Kremlinologists follows.

OMG!!!!!!!!! From CH:

A Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!!

from CrazyDreamer at CB via andee1960 at CV:

Didn't anyone else find this yet? I searched and didn't see it. QVC will include a 5 Track Bonus CD!!!!

CLAY AIKEN -ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS Monday, April 28, 2008

Multi-platinum selling singing sensation Clay Aiken is poised to release his first album of original material since his double-platinum debut, "Measure of a Man." This eagerly anticipated new CD, "On My Way Here," is set to release on May 6, 2008. Reserve your copy before it hits the stores, and receive a special 5-track Bonus CD created especially for QVC. He'll win your heart again, as Clay performs select songs from On My Way Here. Release date subject to change without notice

I am thinking I just need to sign my paycheck over to Clay, LOL!

Kim

Good criminy - I drove to town to run some errands (this is a 40 mile round trip.....) and all kinds of things happened. You just can't stay off the internet for a couple of hours these days.

Did Clay record TWO whole CDs with all these bonus tracks! This is amazing. Do you wonder if maybe some of the ones he had played around with before ATDW finally made it on a recording?

And Clear Channel! WOO HOO.

I don't know if this is a popular opinion on this board or not

No worries. This is a different sort of place. It's okay to state your opinion here...even if it might not be the popular one. You may find that others have a different opinion and they won't be shy about saying so. You may also find that others share your opinion. You may even spark a lively discussion. No matter. It's really okay.

Welcome aboard. :lilredani:

He looks beautimous.

:wub: He sure does.

Hee. I happened to stumble upon the video at Amazon today. I have to be on that site for my job pretty much everyday and oh ... sometime I check things out. Of course I have no audio on my computer at work so I just watched. But still.

Yay for Kimmel! And QVC! Yay!

This just in!

From Barnett2 at the CH:

It looks like he has an hour on QVC now:

CLAY AIKEN -ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS

Monday, April 28, 2008

Multi-platinum selling singing sensation Clay Aiken is poised to release his first album of original material since his double-platinum debut, “Measure of a Man.” This eagerly anticipated new CD, “On My Way Here,” is set to release on May 6, 2008. Reserve your copy before it hits the stores, and receive a special 5-track Bonus CD created especially for QVC. He'll win your heart again, as Clay performs select songs from On My Way Here.Release date subject to change without notice.

_______

OMG OMG OMG The video, the video, the video!!!!!!

What a fab day...a video to die for, KR gets put down, CD gets put aside, a 5 track bonus on QVC, Kimmel etc. Can it get any better?? ETA: I just read aikim's post and yes it can get better!!!!

I can just imagine that little s..t laughing his head off knowing we are all going crazy with all the stuff showing up!

I have come to a revelation........I am in lust with Clay Aiken!

Kandre :F_05BL17blowkiss: just becoss!

Someone needs to slow this bus down, yo!!

Clay doesn't have an hour... just the first half hour.

Show description on QVC site

From clayniac24 at the CB...via XYZ via LMNOP re: ordering the bonus stuff:

INFO: I just spoke to a supervisor at QVC. The item # for "On My Way Here" with 5 track bonus CD is: #FO5428. HOWEVER, they haven't priced it yet, and thus we can't reserve it until they do so. The gal said there was a possibility they would run out, so we should check back several days before the 28th.

Bwah, they might run out... hahahah... wait.... :cry4: *panics*

That ClearChannel shit doesn't work for me no matter what I do. Someone give a few extra clicks for me. Please.

Clive who?

keepingfaith Houston Hot hits 95.7 has all his videos up and if you click on the new one it takes you right to YouTube. It is just great. How many times can I watch it? To heck with the laundry and eating!

They might RUN OUT?????? Hmmmm. So, not ever having bought anything on QVC - are they saying we can reserve one of these before the 28th? And do you have to have an account with them or can you just use your charge card (which is already starting to smoke!)

WTF..what do they mean they might run out of the CD at QVC. CG will you be able to order when you're there? I'll be away on vacation and probably no where near a TV... can we order online?

yay for all the good news... JMH! LadyJ! anybody make sure I leave nothing out of the marketing thread please!

ETA: LOL about Clive... Might have to change our deignations heh since big bad chairman is no longer the big cheese.

Yay for all the good news - and to be REALLY messy - boo about Clive! I still say at 76, he's knows more about the music than all those dancing on his "grave" - lord knows he wasn't perfect but he championed some of my favorite acts of all time. And if the "Clay Nation" is annoyed at people discounting them because of their age, it seems more than hypocritical that they jump on Clive because of his. If nothing else, he actively demonstrated that old doesn't mean dead. I've never seen or heard him say a bad thing about Clay. I've never heard Clay say a bad thing about him. I do think his demotion marks the end of an era, but I think it was a perfect storm that created him and he's going out the same way. I wouldn't mind accomplishing some of what he's done when I'm seventy something. And I will laugh in delight if he manages to pull up one more superstar. And shoots the finger at his critics.

While I'm not totally sad that Clive is gone, I think KAndre speaks the truth to me, at least as far as the "age" thing goes. That's always bugged me -- just because he's in his 70's doesn't mean he hasn't a brain, either, just as we, who tend to be women of a certain age (NOT ALL OF US), are missing brain cells either. But....at this point, whatever....

....because there's so much more to EEEEEEEEEEEE about! I just set up my QVC account, so I should be ready to go. 5 extra songs? Wonder what they are? Could they be "rejects?" Could they be the album before ATDW? (Heh) Could they be live tracks? The mind boggles with possibilities.

I must say K.. I'm just happy that with Clive out and promo looking strong that the music will have to speak for itself. I do believe luck, timing, plays such an important role in this business..you just never know what will strike a chord with the public but maybe now we can move forward, stop looking back and even prefacing everything about this album with Clive or evil RCA. I mean the only place other than here that I read about Clay is TWoP and it was so prevalent there. Just enjoy the present. There is so much to enjoy.

My issue with Clive was never his age..he just seemed ghoulish and I've thought that since the doub plat presentation...but I don't think it's unusual for people to jump on the bandwagon of the hot thing and move on to the next hot thing. In fact I think it's pretty common.

so..uh..there's a video I need to go watch right?

KAndre - WORD to your entire post! Clive is not the devil incarnate. And he's probably got more music knowledge than 99% of the people in the business today. I don't think anyone except Clay and his team know what has really gone on with RCA/Clive/Clay and the "internet flogging" that's taken place in the Clay fanbase has always bothered me. If what alot of people on the boards say is true, rather than gross speculation and the mob mindset, it sure doesn't say much for Clay's ability to work his own career! It will be interesting to see if Clive keeps working or retires.

Okay, one of my questions was answered....you need a QVC account! (Iseeme scratchs head, wonders how to go about that!)

Forgot to comment on Kripa. I have a newfound respect for Priscilla Presley after this morning!!! It's too bad more guests on that show couldn't somehow get the same point across!

Think I'll mosey on over to Amazon and watch a certain video again.....

Whoever said that the green sweater little boy pic might be a photoshop... :cryingwlaughter: I believe that! Makes perfect sense!

KAndre... no one cares about Clive's age, so much, they kinda sorta dislike him (lettle understatement) cause he made Clay do his very important second cd of covers when he had to know, being in the business so long, how it would be received and then never put out a statement of how well Clay has sung those standards or how Clay had made them his own and then let the label release the very worst single to radio and didn't support it at all. If he'd been 46 instead of 76, the feeling would have been the same. JMHO, by the way! For me, age didn't enter into it... idiocy did!

What does OMWH on demand mean.

ETA: I like all the online promo but I do think Clay has a big fanbase that may not be on the internet so am really looking forward to seeing the tv schedule... but this stuff is just fantastic so far out.

I'm still swoooning over 5 bonus tracks. So I wonder if the itunes one is different than the QVC one. How many extra songs will we have...this should be a double album!

What does OMWH on demand mean.

ETA: I like all the online promo but I do think Clay has a big fanbase that may not be on the internet so am really looking forward to seeing the tv schedule... but this stuff is just fantastic so far out.

I'm still swoooning over 5 bonus tracks. So I wonder if the itunes one is different than the QVC one. How many extra songs will we have...this should be a double album!

OnDemand is the Clear Channel song preview thing where as it plays you hear a gal say, 'Music, On Demand' at the beginning and in the middle of the song. I just always want her to shut up. :P All Clear Channel stations should be carrying it.

I'm all registered for QVC... damn another password to remember. I just wonder how many they have.. might run out keeps going through my head.

Thanks for the explanation about the Clear Channel on demand. I guess people actually use this stuff although I always wondered what impact the sneak peaks had on ATDW. So should we expect the entire album up before or after the release date.

BWAH Merrieeee... it IS exhausting.

No one said it was easy being a Clay Aiken fan but this is getting ridiculous!

I've registered at QVC, I've pre-ordered at Walmart, I've pre-ordered at Amazon, I've got to order on iTunes on the 21st, I've got to get in early at QVC, on the 28th, in case they sell out, I've got to buy at midnight on the 6th, I've got to get a music pass, I've got to listen to every audio on the web so there can be hits, I've got to watch every webisode and video for the same reason and I've got to go to my 5 Spamalot shows with scads of money, to buy stuff to support charity! Gosh I am exhausted just typing this. Now is there anything I've forgotten....please say no*g*