#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

I'm loving the recaps. At this point it's all about the Clay love at Spamalot. And where I sit, I'm all about the Clay love and I want a whole new album of new Clay music and I want it in 52 hours or else. I'm seldom demanding, but this is different. I can't wait much longer. My expectations are through the roof and I normally don't do expectations - but this isn't normal circumstances and I'm not normal right now and I want this music in a couple of days or I'm going to go crazy. I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. Just knowing the CDs are in the mail, and maybe they could come Monday and then it would even be sooner than 51 hours and 51 minutes, good God! I need to be sedated.

Thread title? BWAH!

tell me when you get tired of these and I'll stop...really. lol

from tiggy52winkle at the CB

Intermission report from ClaysFayevorite:

Jason, the waiter at Jr.s saw the show today and LOVED it!!!

Last night he told her that she thinks it was another waiter there that paints and Clay bought 2 of his pictures. Also left a $100 tip. They asked what he ate and he had the bacon cheeseburger and raspberry swirtl cheesecake (to go!)

When French taunter was making rude gestures, Clay was covering the King's eyes. Toooooo funny!

Today after the nun spun on the floor the whole back of her dress flipped up, everyone laughed.

Crowd is really good and really cheering for Clay! They think it must be sold out or close to it.

When they were walking over the mountain Sir Bedevere was waving his tunic like he had just let loose and Clay was waving his hand in front of his nose trying to get rid of the odor.

She'll call back after the show...

Thanks for bringing my Quiana post over. I just can't keep up since the job started!

Here's my musing for tonight and the weekend . . . Since I can be there only in my imagination!

There's a chattering buzz bouncing from the walls and ceiling of the old theater.

An occasional shouted greeting breaks through the hum, above the din. Friends smile across the expanse of seats, waving an unspoken exclamation of shared anticipation.

Playbills, jackets, purses rattle. People line up for a last chance at the bar. Or the restroom.

Over and under it all there's an electricity like no other.

They all prepared for a uniquely shared experience. What is about to happen will never be repeated. Oh, the show will play again. But nothing will ever quite the same as THIS night. A line here. An eyebrow raise. Laughter in an unexpected place. A new gasp at some slight tinkering from a player onstage.

Soon, the preshow announcement and overture will briefly quiet the audience, bringing audience and players together. Like saying, "Buckle up, we're in for a once in a lifetime ride".

They make a pact, players and those on the other side of the fourth wall. The crowd agrees to open themselves up. The players agree to give their all, pouring it out beyond the lights into the laps of those who have come.

To forget about the world.

Forget troubles. Forget work. Forget real life.

And allow themselves to be carried to another place. Another time. Allow their eyes, their ears to open in a new way. To allow their hearts to open a bit.

The players say, "Let's make believe!"

When we were little we said, "Play like . . ."

And so - close your eyes for a moment. Listen. To the rustle. The cacophony. The buzz.

The yearning to be entertained.

Now, the lights blink. The room quiets.

And musicians, actors, costumers, makeup artists, lighting and stage hands and a multitude of offstage craftsmen blend their various talents . . .

and make . . .

Magic!

Hold on! You're in for a rollercoaster ride to the Bright Side of Life!

And in the center of it all - on this night - is a Nerd cum Superstar - a most unlikely Knight!

Cotton.... Love this! Beautiful and added to my Spamalot book of great posts that make me schmoopie! Thanks!

keeping... calmese (calm yourself in Spanish... IIRC) :cryingwlaughter: Soon... it's coming soon (the real soon)!

Something to calm you all down tonight...

080501_Spamalot_StageDoor_AAIT_l-1.jpg

See... doesn't that make you feel better, now??? :hubbahubba: Hope he keeps up a good exercise program... :whistling-1:

Been a long day today -- nothing bad, just a bunch to do. The college where my husband works had graduation today. Held outside. Cloudy day. 50 degrees. Strong breeze blowing. We freakin' froze. Certainly a memorable graduation. Then, hubby and I went shopping for a new grill (not purchased yet, but we think we know which one we want) and a fun shopping trip to Sam's Club -- where it is almost impossible to get out without spending $200. Tomorrow, just as much plans -- my bell choir finishes the season tomorrow with 4 pieces being played twice over the span of two services. And then, a picnic. And then -- I'll be here to cry along with all of you as Clay finishes Spamalot. *sigh*

Cotton -- :F_05BL17blowkiss: :clap:

'night all!

So this won't get lost....for atinal...

I've gotten both Western Digital and Seagate external hard drives, and have no problems with either. My husband did have a problem with a Western Digital one though, but we think it was because he left it plugged in all the time, and the power gave out for some reason. I know people who have hated both brands too, but as I said, I've had no problems. My current one is a Seagate.

Thanks for the input ldyj, I was looking at Seagate and Maxtor earlier. I've seen the Western Digital as well. KAndre has got me thinking about thre 250GB now, it doesn't look like there is much difference in the price

Hi y'all! Checking in from our hotel room in NYC. What a great day! Long, but great. Don't really have the energy to do a full recap since we've been up since 2 am, but wanted to say how much I enjoyed both shows. cindilu2 & I made it here in record time, landed at JFK probably half an hour ahead of schedule and took the subway to Manhattan. Met up with couchie before the matinee, and annabear before the evening show. Found a little diner across the street with reasonable food and think we'll probably stick with it all weekend.

I can't believe how many things Clay has changed since March! We sat in row G orch this afternoon and row D mezz tonight. Place was packed both times with a good mix of fans and NJU. Incredible energy! Wonderful ovations for Clay at the end of each show. He sang the amen tonight, wheeeeeeeeeeee! He is doing the finger thing each show, counting down. Tonight he did 2 fingers. It's going to be v.v.emotional tomorrow I think.

We didn't even try to do the stage door either time because it's just insane here, and I know it's only going to be more insane tomorrow. Shubert Alley was a madhouse, you could hardly find a spot to stand let alone walk. I'm happy that I had that experience in March so I can just stay back and watch this time.

Off to bed, more tomorrow if I get a chance. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

YO! Muski, Claygasm, Couchie and our lurker friend are hanging here in our big hotel room...having wine and cheese and listening to Couchie's recap of her two Broadway Cares shows and going over in detail the great things about the shows today...

OH! FINALLY! I was at a show where Clay SANG 'Amen" as Brother Maynard and he RAWKED! It wasn't at all the way I expected him to do it. I thought it would be very church-y--but it was down and soulful! ANd then King Arthur repeated it and the knights repeated it! So very cool. I'm loving, loving the love I feel for Clay from everybody.

Oh, and the French taunters this afternoon..holy shit! I think they must be trying to pull out the stops! I think they're trying to get Clay to fall out of character...make him laugh. Anyhoo...you know how Rick straddles the castle top and humps it fast? Well, today he didn't do it fast...like a parody. He did a slow, sloooowwww, undulation that looked remarkably REAL...whoa, mama! It was hot and hilarious and then the other taunters' gestures and movements were soooooo exaggerated and it was wild! Although Clay had his back to the audience all that time, when he turned back around, it was obvious to me that he was barely keeping his giggles in...LAWDY, LAWDY...it CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: I mean...Rick was REALLLLLLY slowing simulating intercourse up there...whew... :hubbahubba:

Sigh...I want Clay to come back to Spamalot as the French taunter... :whistling-1:

So now we're hoping to luck into some tix for tomorrow's matinee...we never go those...I'm checking last minute attempts to sell on the boards and if all else fails, I GUESS we'll pay for the shitty seats that are left...We just hate to pay full price for them... :cry4:

So cute at the end...he pulls his white tux pants up and shows Hannah his mis-matched striped socks. She shakes her head and laughs...And I'm ready to commit a felony against the seamstress because it's OBVIOUS that Clay's tux is now better fitted...the pants are long enough and they evidently lengthened the crotch because the hem is over his shoes and the whole effect is of a much looser, more comfy fit. Damn it.

Oh well, I saw the show in March...before he got them to give him more room... :hubbahubba:

Why the hell did we just buy two bottles of wine? :huh:

Why the hell did we just buy two bottles of wine? :huh:

Cuz one's for me!

Have a glass for me, you lovely beyotches! I wish I was in that room with you. *pout*

Have fun, everyone there. I'm getting all sentimental-like. Don't tell couchie! She HATES when I get like this. Hee.

Two fingers. Awww.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :cry4:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh - you guys in NY are great! Sharing everything. I feel like I'm almost in the hotel room with you! Isn't it funny how Clay's striped socks have become a legend almost..... You wonder just how many pair he has! And he doesn't have to worry about them matching! Guy heaven!

Thank you for the recaps.

:cryingwlaughter:

I love the joy, I love the happiness. Today was a busy day with The Fears and I am exhausted. I never got to try on what I am wearing tomorrow, so I hope there is something nice I can fit into. I am feelaing quite bloated and thing I have gained weight or something,maybe because I have been taking so many stupid things that may very well not be playing nice with each other.

Well, the beach will be here soon and I will be plenty busy with painting and gardening and enjoying the fruits of my labors. And through this summer I will have all my new Clay music to play. I will be looking for people at Olunneys tomorrow, I have some posters for a few of them.....If anyone sees Karen Eh, make sure she shows up!

So far, I have been very zen about Clay. I did not expect rave reviews, grammys and tonys, just something I would enjoy and that others will enjoy as well, and so far, so good. I am looking forward to the next few days.

I hope that my plans stay on track and don't go awry, I am so looking forward to all parts of tomorrow. From early in the morning to late at night. And then to the release date!!!!

Now to my very sad part - please scroll if you don't want to see me spitting flames. I am a goodie two shoes. I am sad that there is a leaked album out there. I am particularly distressed to see that some fans are actually participating in this illegal activity - grown mature people who know that they are stealing, but are rationalizing that they bought or are going to buy (maybe) etc. Theft is theft. If you are not stealing to feed your starving family or you are not going to die tomorrow, then exactly how can you excuse stealing "because you can't wait one more day?" These are the types of fans that suck the fun out of fandom for me. If you are a fan of Clay and you can steal from him, how can I trust you won't steal from me?

Seeing all over the boards where OMWH has been leaked and people are downloading it! I'm as anxious as the next fan to have that music in my hands but I will not cheat Clay out of his 5 cents or whatever he makes on a CD - not to mention the tally of CDs sold! Theory is only CDs with a buzz would be leaked. Who knows. Not sure why people feel they have to do this when you only have to wait a few more days - not to mention we have snippets, Slovenian snippets, QVC, etc.

Yes

I have no desire to download the CD either; haven't listened to the snippets, have only heard what was on QVC; but I am perfectly content to wait until Monday to hear the whole thing; kind of makes me sad that some aren't. But to each his own.

Kim

Yes

I ran across a few blogs with links to download the CD... personally I think anyone invested enough to seek out and d/l an early leaked copy will definitely be buying the (probably multiples) CD anyway, so I don't think it's too much of a big deal. All albums leak early. I'm surprised this one took so long actually.

Maybe, but they are giving these sites hit, making money for crooks or haters, why is stealing from Clay justified because people claim they will play later and hitting these sites will get them higher on the sort meter so many more people can steal. Do you think the haters won't post these links everywhere and encourage theft? Why do fans complain about the haters and then enable them?

I'm not going in search of the leaked album. I've already listened to all of the snippets out there, and I don't want to spoil the album any further for myself. I want some surprises when I get the album in my hands! Of course, I'm hoping that one of the copies I've ordered will arrive in the mail on Monday, but if not, I'll be buying it at midnight.

There's a CD review thread over at CV where people are talking about the illegal download of the CD available online. Apparently they're raving about how wonderful it is. I'm very carefully avoiding that thread, because I don't want any more spoilers.

I'm just glad at this point that the CD release is so close. If it weren't I might cave and download it ahead of time! But that would spoil the fun of ripping the wrap off of that CD in desperation to hear it IMMEDIATELY, and of turning the volume WAAAAAY up in my van to hear it on the way home after buying it at midnight. No, I don't care if it's too loud for the cars next to me! This is CLAY AIKEN's NEW CD, people!!! And I'll have to be rilly, rillly careful not to get any drool on the CD case when I'm looking at those HAWT album pics in my own little hands. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

So there are clay "fan" boards allowing people to openly discuss where to get the link to steal from Clay (actually they are allowing people to openly ask for PMs to the link sites). We are talking about adults here- right? Sounds like a bunch of entitled prats to me without the patience to wait a few days. Are there any mods on the boards or do they condone stealing as well? Yeah, Clay needs more fans like these. Are these the same people that know how to run Clay's career or ruin it? (oh more publicity will help Clay, but here is a link where you can get it for free) I don't understand why boards people think are against Clay will not allow this practice and fan boards will.

OK, I am bitchy about it, but really, we are talking about 2 days and about stealing!

Disclaimer, this is my opinion, I stand by it. I deleted some statement since it has been brought to my attention that I have stolen copy written material (Clack), not that it would ever be sold, but it is copy written (best of ET text messages?), I try and tape things (because I live in the dark ages), but sometimes, I just don't get it in my area or just mis tape. I have a huge file of tapes I don't watch and have started taping over. To date, I don't think anything I have taped and kept has ever been available for sale.

What I meant to write was "Why did we buy JUST two bottles of wine---not why did we JUST buy two bottle of wine..."

So I was perusing other boards and I saw another 'critic' review...and then something about VH1 taking a couple of cheap shots at Clay...and yeah, it hurt. But then...then I saw in my mind Clay. Clay onstage and absolutely BEAMING...and drinking in such love---from his peers, from long-time theater stars...from his fans and from others in the audience who were laughing their asses off at his masterful turn at Sir Robin.

I'm so fucking proud of him. I'm so fucking proud of that man. And I want such wonderful things for him. And when I read some of these so-called 'experts' taking cheap shots at him---WHY? I don't get it, honestly I don't.

But I just want to be happy for him and WITH him...because I really believe that he IS happy these days. I believe he HAS 'taken his life back' and with his recent success on Broadway and a CD that he loves? And now, soon he gets to go home. To Raleigh and his own house. His doggies. His family and friends. And he'll be able to hear the birds instead of the car horns. *g*

I want to be like him and JUST.NOT.READ. the shit. And if I DO read, then I want to be more like Clay and just say, 'Here's to not caring."

I need to remember that if HE can do that---when the venom is targeted at him---then surely I can let it go...

Right?

I'm so fucking proud of this man.

Now...since everybody else here has stopped drinking, I'll go ahead and finish that last glass of cabernet, 'kay? :lilredani:

So that means you don't have any clack downloaded? Or the TITN video (the leaked one), or any copyrighted pictures saved on your hard drive? Never involved in a cellcert... nothing of the sort. Never passed around downloads of copyrighted television shows? Nah... Cuz, you know, that would be stealing.

Thanks for calling me names, tho. I appreciate that.

rolleyes.gif

I have never downloaded any clack that was or would be for sale. In the most recent years, I tend to only download shows I have missed - i.e. QVC where my tape malfunctioned, I don't think QVC minds or other things, I still watchthe shows, I don't download until after I watched ashow, except, where my video taper downloaded.

Yes, I should not have some clack and I don't own the news reports I have uploaded on youtube, yet news seems the exception.

OK, Although I never named a person, I did change the "name calling" to a question. I am not ashamed to edit. - if people are discussing it as an illegal download, does that not make it like illegal? If it is illegal, is it not stealing? 2 days, Why can't people wait? I cannot comprehend it and I do believe every time a fan downloads, a hater laughs.

There is something special about a shared experience, we are not having that shared experience.

play, I think the thing to remember -- is that I can't do anything to stop it. I simply can't. Do I like that some fans went ahead and downloaded, even if they will buy a copy as well? Not really -- but it's their choice. And yeah, maybe the "hatahs" laugh...but again, I don't care about the "hatahs." It's their problem. I get the feeling that not as many people are listening to the new album this go around as last time, so I do think something was learned there. And so also, I do believe that there will plenty of shared experiences come midnight Tuesday evening. Finally -- I don't think this is a "Clay exclusive" problem. I'm sure there are other artists possibly "lose" money via illegal downloads. Again, I don't like it -- but I'm not in charge of looking into the problem either.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night, and kept thinking about his last night in Spamalot. I wonder what he's thinking right now. I wish I could share this final day experience with him. *sigh*

Break a leg, dude.

I'm grieving for the upcoming loss of Spamalot. The music business in not a joyride. Spamalot was a total joyride. People in the entertainment business don't have to shoot bullets at people. I think we've seen that. I won't listen to the music until Spamalot is over tonight. I fear I'm losing my mind. LOL!!!!Something hurts inside my heart.

I wish I could share this final day experience with him. *sigh*

Break a leg, dude.

Really, really wish I was there too! I do think this has been a fantastic time for Clay and probably surprised him too how much he enjoyed it. It's opened up his world a little bit more and I can't wait to see what's going to happen in the future.

Sending a big :F_05BL17blowkiss: to all the FCA crew who will have the joy of seeing Clay in his final Spamalot performance today. Have fun!

...this made me *sniff*

But I just want to be happy for him and WITH him...because I really believe that he IS happy these days. I believe he HAS 'taken his life back' and with his recent success on Broadway and a CD that he loves? And now, soon he gets to go home. To Raleigh and his own house. His doggies. His family and friends. And he'll be able to hear the birds instead of the car horns. *g*

It was a good sniff...thanks muski

As for the DLs of OMWH out there. This is still a shared experience. We're sharing this. There are some in the fandom who haven't listened to the snippets, yet we still talk about them freely.

It is what it is. I didn't put the DLs up, but I won't fault people for listening or wanting to listen. If they are on a board, I believe they will be buying the CD as well, and in multiple, because multiples are better. My wish is that the free DLs found a home in a few computers that have never heard a Clay Aiken CD before....and even if they don't spend their $ on this one, I hope it will make the owner of that computer open his heart and mind the next time they see a Clay Aiken CD in the store. I hope it makes them want to not toss around the cheap jokes about Clay Aiken and his talent. I hope it makes them want to hear more. I hope. (tm Morgan Freeman/Shawshank Redemption)

This seems like it was just yesterday...

th_Spamgoingintheatre.jpg

...and this will be what we get see for the last time tonight. :cry4:

th_20080118-027-SpamOpeningNightCC.jpg

Bravo, Clay!!

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

3 Days until GMA!

4 Days until The View!

5 Days until The Today Show!

8 Days until Leno!

12 Days until The Climmel/Rachel Ray!

16 Days until Craig Ferguson!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Play I understand where you are coming from and I will not argue about the morality of illegal downloads....BUT I am totally not concerned about this because this is what viral marketing is all about.

First of all about the fans that are doing it, I bet most of them already have several copies preordered and will be buying the cd first thing on May 6. So Clay probably won't lose out on that. Yes they are giving these sites hits and brings attention to these sites for illegal download but I don't think it is necessarily bad for Clay. I guess there will be people that already like Clay but just dl Clay instead of buying it...I don't think these people would've bought the CD anyway even if it was not leaked. There is always a way to get songs on the net if you know where to look.

We all know that Clay has a huge image problem that keeps some people from actually checking out his music. BUT how many times has it happened that the voice simply clayvert people when it is given a chance. Most of the nonfans that will dl this album are probably doing it out of curiosity. Most of them would probably never buy a Clay Aiken CD without hearing it first. But if they can DL it, some of them may get clayverted and several things can come out of that. They may end up going to one fo his shows...they may buy his next CD...or they may just recommend this cd to others. Since Clay does not have radio to introduce people to his songs...then he has to rely on TV and the internet.

Now I am not saying illegal dl is not a problem for the industry and that artist don't lose money because of it or that I'm advocating it. I just don't get too angry about it cos its a situation that cannot be stopped, is happening to all artist out there and can actually benefit Clay in the long run IMO.

Last Spamalot day...I am so glad so many FCAers are there to experience it. I will be shedding a tear or two with you just as I did during opening night. Show Clay extra love for those of us who couldn't watch it....

very anxious for your reports!!!

Yeah, what Ansa said...

But still....

I'm a kitty cat!

And I dance, dance, dance!

Dance, dance, dance!

And add a little

Happy happy joy joy!

while I'm at it!

I guess what bugs me is that some of the people who have illegally downloaded the CD are the ones who are usually the most vocal about Clay's CD sales when they are not what they think they should be and I guess I just don't get that.

Kim

Today is a day of personal mini-mourning.

I mourn the end of Spamalot and all the joy it brought.

But mostly, I mourn the fact that I will never......ever......see Clay in Spamalot. All hopes of 'maybe' go out the window tonight.

:cry4:

On the up side?

I am full of anticipation for what the future has in store. A new CD. A rush of TV appearance. And somewhere up the road......another tour. Thank heaven, so far Clay has loved him some Michigan.

:lilredani:

In the meantime, I sit here at my desk, waiting to hear about and there by share in the adventures of all the FCA'ers in NYC!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Have a blast ya'll!

(Oh fine. So I will be in and out, doing laundry, getting groceries, preparing for another week.....but I will be at my desk around show time!)