#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

Our mod in charge of birthdays fails again and as soon as I figure out who they are they are fired. hee

So it's still Solo's birthday in Hawaii! Or is her birthday on Friday. I'm so confused!

Whenever it is...Happy Birthday Solo! Get lots of presents.

Gibby, I'm a musician too, but I couldn't put the kind of detail in my analysis that you did. That was fantastic, thanks! (Although, I would say -- as a flute player -- that I prefer the key for ALAWH to be D flat minor, not C sharp minor. *g*)

Heeee - who knows, maybe it is! Same difference as to how it would sound!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SOLO!!

:balloons::Pogo0::balloons::Pogo0::balloons:

Well, well.........

CG asked for a wallpaper and I gave it a try........ but after 3 margaritas ... well, wellllllll.......

here it is!! It's a 3-fer!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

3-ferWSwp.jpg:hubbahubba:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOLO!!

{{{COUCHIE}}}

Wow, chach, thanks so much! It looks gorgemous on my new 17" monitor!

Heeee, KAndre did a great musical analysis, didn't she? Wonder if she will do that again if I review more songs? :imgtongue:

testing new avatar

<--------------

jmh... YUM!!! Your avie is almost too purdy!.... NAH!!!

KAndre... :cryingwlaughter: Your "bridge" analysis was verra verra funny! Hope to meet you and the eHP with you at Kimmel! I'm sooooo excited he's going to sing! If I swoon, let everyone know it's ok to step on me if it helps them see Clay better... anything for my FCA pals! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

i was just checking in before heading off to bed and read:

OK, this is totally off-topic but if you love Michael Jackson, you gotta see this!

http://www.snotr.com/video/1178

Thank you claytonic Really enjoyed this and loved the expressions on the judges faces when the second dancer came on with the broom.

What a wealth of beautiful photographs today of OBF...I am overcome and having difficulty expressing myself. He looks so delicious I would just love to eat him up....mmmm...that may be the wine talking.

I swear, I never seem to know what's going on anymore. Busy stinks.

...but this much I can figure out...

Happy Birthday Solo! :2164:

(((Couchie)))

Clay...? :kiss: :ilovemypc::hubbahubba:

Waiting to see what Clay cooks up with Rachel today

(see, a pun. get, it?...ok, now I'll shut up :P)

Good Morning Everyone,

Busy day for me so I am not sure If I will be able to catch Rachael Ray; grocery shopping this morning, then over to the library to set up for our book sale this week-end and then home to get ready for our Bowling Banquet tonight. I will be home before Kimmel; we usually just eat, visit, collect our prize money and head home. They have a DJ and music but we are not dancers ( I am lucky if I get one slow dance from hubby) and he will be tired from working. So I will probably be home around 11:00.

3 Days until Craig Ferguson!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The high res photo sent to FCA...

20080507_D0474-1.jpg?t=1210907373

Rachel looks so short next to Clay. And I really, really want her koi necklace for some reason.

I saw the promo for Clay's appearance on Rachel's show this morning when I was getting ready for work. EEEEEE! Hope our recappers and screencappers are ready to fill in those of us stuck at work!

And the eHP takes Kimmel today! Almost too much good stuff!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who all from FCA is going to Kimmel tonight? Should I be expecting a cellcert somewhere?

___

2008 Champions of Change Gala

2008 Champions of Change

October 18, 2008

It is with great pleasure that The Bubel/Aiken Foundation invites you to sponsor and attend our annual

“Champions of Change” Gala.

Featuring a special performance by Clay Aiken and recognition of our Champions of Change honorees. The gala will be a celebration of the inclusion of people of ALL abilities. The evening will promote awareness of the benefits of inclusion and support The Bubel/Aiken Foundation’s programs which give children with disabilities the opportunity to experience life with their typical peers.

“We hope everyone will join us for an enjoyable evening including dinner, silent and live auctions, entertainment - all in support of inclusive opportunities for all children,” said Clay Aiken

Event Details

Champions of Change Gala

October 18, 2008 at 5pm

Join us for a formal evening recognizing our Champions of Change honorees.

Evening Activities:

•Dinner

•VIP Reception for Designated Sponsors

•Silent and Live Auctions

•Entertainment by Clay Aiken

Raleigh Marriott City Center

501 Fayetteville Street

Raleigh, North Carolina 27601

http://www.marriottraleigh.com/

To receive a special rate on your accommodations, please call 1-800-228-9290 and ask for The Bubel/Aiken Foundation special rate.

Platinum Sponsor: $25,000

Secures table for ten. Includes:

•Designation as Corporate Event Host

•Premium seating

•VIP Reception with Clay Aiken

•Individual photos with Clay

•Event Host identification in all promotional and program advertising.

Gold Sponsor: $10,000

Secures table for ten. Includes:

•Reserved seating

•Group photo with Clay

•Excellent placement in all promotional and program advertising

Silver Sponsor: $5,000

Secures table for five. Includes:

•Reserved seating

•Group photo with Clay

•Ad in program with prominen placement

•Excellent placement in all promotional and program advertising.

Individual Sponsor: $250

Individual admission

* Space is limited. Early registration is encouraged.

To sponsor a table, email contactus@bubelaiken.org or call 919-882-2152.

Individual tickets will be available for purchase online. Date to be announced.

I'd go to this, but it's about 2 weeks before a long-planned 10th anniversary trip to Disney World. Wah!

___

People.com

Star Tracks

GOING BACK TO CALI

Clay Aiken – whose new album, On My Way Here, debuted at number four on the Billboard charts – hangs with friends in Brentwood, Calif., after wrapping his Broadway run in Spamalot on May 4.

3 Days until Craig Ferguson!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

***Sniff***

Only one more thing on the calendar??????? :cry4: Surely he can find a few more things to do, you know, to ween us off gradually??? The CD still needs promoting and I still need to see him! Can't he relax 6 days a week and promote one???

Is that too much to ask?????? Is it?? (**stomps fiot and bites hand trying not to weep..... tm Sir Lancelot)

I will echo what bottle said - hope those who get to watch Rachel Ray are prepared to help those of us who have to work to watch it vicariously!!

ChaCha Thanks for the wallpaper!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

***Sigh*** And this is why he must try to keep promoting this CD for awhile longer, IMO. At least try and keep it on people's radars. From Notacanuck at the CH:

HDD has posted their projections for this week's sales and Clay's not mentioned in the Top 10. Neil Diamond and Madonna are sliding towards #6 with 55-60k; Toby Keith is estimated at #9 with 45-50k.

Out of the top 10 after one week. How long will it be until its off the chart completely and out of people's minds? If the CD doesn't sell, there probably is less chance than there already is of getting radio and without radio or promotion, who is going to hear the album and buy it?

Individual tickets will be available for purchase online. Date to be announced.

Yeah, that will be a stressful day. There is no way I can afford anything but the $250 individual ticket (and afford is used v.v. loosely in this sentence, heh).

If the CD doesn't sell, there probably is less chance than there already is of getting radio

Why? KLo's CD sure didn't sell but it got mucho radio play. I don't think the one relies on the other. In any case, there is nothing "we" can do about it (unless"we" plan to go out and buy a new copy every week) and of course request at AC and Hot AC as Clay has asked us to do. I think my days of worrying over Clay's sales or career in general have passed. He has it under control, he's doing everything he can do, and we've done everything we can do as fans. Like he said in that Steppin' Out interview yesterday, if people like him, great, if they don't, that's ok too. Not everyone is going to see what "we" see or hear what "we" hear (although for the life of me I don't understand how they can't!) :P

Looking forward to Rachael Ray recaps. I found out that I can watch it when I get home from work at 6:00 pm, so that's cool! It'll be all Clay, all night tonight! Wheeeeeeeee!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! I had a lovely dinner last night with Scarlett but it's hard to make a big deal of a birthday when you're in L.A. and the rest of your posse is in Houston. KAndre and PerusingOne had to work or do some other trivial thing and aren't joining us until today. If you're in So Cal this weekend and see a convertible with 4 women inside blasting Clay Aiken, wave to us.

Who all from FCA is going to Kimmel tonight? Should I be expecting a cellcert somewhere?

KAndre, Scarlett, and I will be there. We'll call someone and give a report. Clay's going to sing to me tonight as a belated birthday present. Isn't he a thoughtful boyfriend?

recap of RR show from CB

Just saw it- but missed the first 2 minues- I figured he would be on later in the show not the first guest!!!

He had on that linen/denim jacket that he has been wearing (very well I might add). What I heard/saw was some talk about living in NY was better than he thought- he won't be running away from NY but running to NC. Loved that you could order in food all day and night as he doesn't cook. they talked about his accent- he mentioned a cousin who came up with a strong accent and the NY folks thought it was hilarious- he doesn't think he has an accent- he turns to the audience and asks them if he does. They laugh and Rachel says just a smidgeon. Talked about Spamalot- Rachel mentions he was great in it and had great reviews which doesn't happen often (or something like that). He said he enjoyed it and how they can change things up a bit and how he was just getting comfortable in his part and they kicked me off. Oh and how after he lands on the floor he watches the Prince Hebert scene and laughs.

Mention the cd- everyone in audience gets the cd and how it is life lessons (not sure that was the phrase though).

It was a great appearance.

A brief summary...may not be in correct order.

Clay was on during the first few minutes. Segment was set up with video from Invisible, A Thousand Days and OMWH and still shots from Idol and UNICEF work . He seemed relaxed and talkative during the entire interview. He said he enjoyed doing Spamalot and found something new to laugh at during every show, even when he was lying on the stage watching the other actors. He also enjoyed living in New York, but is looking forward to returning to North Carolina.

They also joked about accents...he doesn't have one, of course. LOL.

He said that Idol is much more developed from a production standpoint from when he was on....his season sang with tracks, etc.

Plugged the CD....journey...learning from experience.

Ended with pics and talking about UNICDF work.

happy birthday Solo!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Claygasm :console: we can worry together...

I think my days of worrying over Clay's sales or career in general have passed. He has it under control, he's doing everything he can do, and we've done everything we can do as fans. Like he said in that Steppin' Out interview yesterday, if people like him, great, if they don't, that's ok too. Not everyone is going to see what "we" see or hear what "we" hear (although for the life of me I don't understand how they can't!) :P

This is me as well. As much as I want the world to know about this album, I realize that it's all a crap shoot, really. I think he's done his best to promote this album so far, and so has his team. Many of "us" have done the same -- bought two more copies this week to give to people here at work (although I've just realized I neglected to email my local station to request OMWH. Bad fan.). Yes, it does hurt a bit to see the sales numbers, but Clay seems to be a "chips will fall where they may" type of guy, and I'm sure he will do his best to keep chugging along, keeping at his career.

Looking forward to Rachael Ray recaps. I found out that I can watch it when I get home from work at 6:00 pm, so that's cool! It'll be all Clay, all night tonight! Wheeeeeeeee!

Who will be home to watch this in "real time" today? I know Ansa is working, so she won't be around. I'm at work as well, so I want recaps too! ETA: well, that was fast!

Clay's going to sing to me tonight as a belated birthday present. Isn't he a thoughtful boyfriend?

He is! He did that for me too one year, releasing ATDW the day after my birthday. I thought that was so sweet of him.

Glad to see that the 'cool' mag--People online---showed one of the GQ pics of Clay on the streets of LA (or wherever)...wish they'd used one of the phone ones with the trummy revealed 'coss let me tell you...I put one of those in the center of my screen on my laptop and when I opened the lid this morning? And that long, tall, blonde tech-loving god showed up, I actually gasped! I'd forgotten I'd changed the background and it actually did a double take.

Now THAT is a hot man right there. :hubbahubba:

I just can't do the angst thing every week for this cd or I'll gain mucho chocolate stress pounds that I cannot afford to gain. The Serenity Prayer is my best friend.....The man is hot. He's happy. He's doing what he wants to do. Soon he'll be Mr. UNICEF ambassador and Mr. PlayingwithmydogsinmybackyardinRaleigh and Mr. Sleeptil3pm or whoever he wants to be. Even if the cd doesn't stay on the charts in a prominent position (heh), I just do NOT worry about Mr. Aiken's longevity in this business. He's got staying power. (heh)

Hellacious softball game yesterday! Carrie's team vs the other really good team in the rec league. We lost but it was a seesaw and fun game. Great weather, too!

TGIF, babybee!!!!! :yess::woohoo:

Crap! Happy Belated Birthday, Solo!

Screencaps of RR Show in this thread at the CB (via gerswhip). Also, keep an eye on this page from the RR website: Web Exclusive: Clay Aiken answers your questions! Nothing there now, but there will be soon!

*joins muski in the Serenity Prayer*

Song for the Day: Everything I Don't Need!

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Solo!

:bday:

Enjoy partying with Clay & the rest of the eHP in SoCal tonight!

*joins ldyj and muski in the Serenity Prayer*

I learned the hard way that it's destructive to me to stress over things I can't control. So, I'm gonna be zen about the album sales. It will be what it will be.

This man is sure purdy! Can't wait to see him on my teevee screen.

arr5.jpg?t=1210944401