#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

I just watched/read this on my other thread... it is sooo beautiful, I wanted to share it. It touched me in relation to Clay. It's a YouTube.

Life is an ocean

I am a sailor, you're my first mate

We signed on together, we coupled our fate

Hauled up our anchor, determined not to fail

For the hearts treasure, together we set sail

With no maps to guide us we steered our own course

Rode out the storms when the winds were gale force

Sat out the doldrums in patience and hope

Working together we learned how to cope

Life is an ocean and love is a boat

In troubled water that keeps us afloat

When we started the voyage, there was just me and you

Now gathered round us, we have our own crew

Together we're in this relationship

We built it with care to last the whole trip

Our true destination's not marked on any charts

We're navigating for the shores of the heart

I have built my relationship with Clay to last the whole trip and many other have, too. Unfortunately, too many others have not. They looked at him and saw something that they wanted to see... not what was really there. Now, they're angry and hurt. I hope they can resolve it, for themselves and for Clay.

Clay is so intriguing and loving and giving and fun and I just love him. Sometimes, I wish he'd keep his feet outta his mouth, but I love those feet and I love that mouth, so.... he's stuck with me. And, I sure hope I'll be stuck with him for many years to come!

Off the current topic....

Am I recalling INcorrectly that the musicpass cards were to be available in June? Does anyone else remember?

Cause, God knows, I need another copy of OMWH. :cryingwlaughter: (PS according to this these are supposed to be very good files.)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: I DID look last night at my Shoppers, and no Clay musicpass....

Am I recalling INcorrectly that the musicpass cards were to be available in June? Does anyone else remember?

Cause, God knows, I need another copy of OMWH. :cryingwlaughter: (PS according to this these are supposed to be very good files.)

The music passes will be available on June 24th. I thought it was a Target exclusive only, but I could be wrong on that.

Kim

I believe Music Pass will be available June 24th. I didn`t think it was an exclusive though, because I remember being excited that maybe we could buy them in Canada, at Best Buy, etc. We don`t have Target in Canada.

Bringing those instruction forward for FromClaygary again.

For those on Windows though:

Start --> Settings --> Control panel --> Sounds. Then, click on the sounds tab, and look in the list to find the "event" you want the sound associated with (such as "windows shutdown"). If there is a sound associated with it, it will have a little speaker next to it. After you select the event, then you can browse to your sound files and find the file you want to attach.

The music passes will be available on June 24th. I thought it was a Target exclusive only, but I could be wrong on that.

Kim

Definitely NOT a Target exclusive; detailed in the page I linked. Thanks for the date!!

Bringing those instruction forward for FromClaygary again.

For those on Windows though:

Start --> Settings --> Control panel --> Sounds. Then, click on the sounds tab, and look in the list to find the "event" you want the sound associated with (such as "windows shutdown"). If there is a sound associated with it, it will have a little speaker next to it. After you select the event, then you can browse to your sound files and find the file you want to attach.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Thank you!!

Kim

hello !!! I am a newbie here!

I saw other music passes at target too, so i know here to find one..yeah... i really need another OMWH, too but.....I Can't Help Myself!

hello !!! I am a newbie here!

I saw other music passes at target too, so i know here to find one..yeah... i really need another OMWH, too but.....I Can't Help Myself!

claikendee... WELCOME!!! Post away!!!

I found it........... it is that batch of interviews...... Part 5 is the one that statement is in......

He clearly says, "Well, the assumptions are wrong." It is stated by Kimberly Caldwell that it's part of a Diane Sawyer interview, but maybe that is wrong?

Here's a link for clackunlimited

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/TV_App...5_dm2_large.wmv

it's starts around 3:35 and his statement is actually around 4:17.

Who is Angela Peel???

eta: Well... KC says it's late 2006 after ATDW came out, but this clip is not from then, because he still has the spikey hairdo...

I found it........... it is that batch of interviews...... Part 5 is the one that statement is in......

He clearly says, "Well, the assumptions are wrong." It is stated by Kimberly Caldwell that it's part of a Diane Sawyer interview, but maybe that is wrong?

Here's a link for clackunlimited

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/TV_App...5_dm2_large.wmv

it's starts around 3:35 and his statement is actually around 4:17.

eta: Well... KC says it's late 2006 after ATDW came out, but this clip is not from then, because he still has the spikey hairdo...

Exactly- when the initial interview that this clip was taken from aired, they conveniently left out that part of his commentary- but it then resurfaced at a later date in that TV Guide channel interview. My thought at the time was, wow, he answered the question in that interview-AGAIN- they just chose for whatever reason not to include that part of it when they first ran the interview- probably because it was so much more newsworthy for them to edit it to make it look ambiguous.

Thanks for all the investigative work, y'all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

*waves*

I'm still here. I just seem to slip into lurking more and more. I don't really mean too. It's just that by the time I've gotten home from work...all the good stuff has been said. *g*

----

I'm still in the we-really-only-know-this-much car. I haven't seen anything to indicate any truth beyond Jaymes being pregnant. I still don't think we are going to hear anything from Clay about it, not anytime soon anyway. And that silence doesn't tell ME anything except that Clay doesn't respond to tabloid gossip and he doesn't talk about his personal life. Even if it got picked up by mainstream press it is still gossip about his personal life. :shrug: He just spent the better part of 2 album cycles reiterating that it isn't something he's willing to discuss. To change horses now would seem counter-productive to that message. He drew a line in the sand. He can't just hop back and forth.

---

I was on my roof this morning (split-entry) cleaning out the million little maple trees

that were growing in my gutters. I don't mind being on the roof but the ladder skeers me. E was there to hold it and encourage me. And mention the snake that was climbing up the ladder with me.

Now there was a moment. :cryingwlaughter:

There were so many of them growing up there it looked like a terrarium. They are so darn pervasive. Of course if you actually wanted to grow little trees on top of your house they'd be gone with the first puff of wind or drop of rain. :huh:

*waves*

I'm still here. I just seem to slip into lurking more and more. I don't really mean too. It's just that by the time I've gotten home from work...all the good stuff has been said. *g*

waves back!!

yeah it's funny.... we still just know the one basic thing so far! It seems like so much more LOL. And I found it funny that the CNN thing this morning really reiterated that his personal life is his personal life and he ain't talking about it.

Wow. Y`all have some smart snakes that know how to climb ladders!

I`m weeding. Need to find some gloves for the prickly ones. So I`m taking a break and surfing the boards. ;)

Funny thing, how all of a sudden I`m starting to read about fans who realize that maybe Clay`s private life is none of their business, after all, and never has been. Hey, it only took them 5 years to get it. :cryingwlaughter:

I've been reading some of the other boards too and although there are still some people freaking me out a little, it does seem that a lot of people who were initially having problems with the situation, have started to get it that Clay's personal life is really none of our business and are feeling ok about that. Forget which board I read it on, but I thought it was funny that someone said they'd still like to know more but they'd also like to see Clay naked (that's something that is on my personal wish list also); it doesn't mean its going to happen.

Thank you to all who have explained how to get Clay sounds on my computer. I've been working on that since its too hot to actually have to do things like work. Now, is there anyone here who has more clips than the baby daddy, all done darling, and wassup, I'd appreciate it. I think there was a whateva one at one time but I can't find it, and any others would be appreciated because that aol welcome just drives me up the wall.

Welcome to the newbies! :clap:

jamar, babe, this is dope, dawg! :headbangerf:

I'm still in the we-really-only-know-this-much car. I haven't seen anything to indicate any truth beyond Jaymes being pregnant. I still don't think we are going to hear anything from Clay about it, not anytime soon anyway. And that silence doesn't tell ME anything except that Clay doesn't respond to tabloid gossip and he doesn't talk about his personal life. Even if it got picked up by mainstream press it is still gossip about his personal life. He just spent the better part of 2 album cycles reiterating that it isn't something he's willing to discuss. To change horses now would seem counter-productive to that message. He drew a line in the sand. He can't just hop back and forth.

One of the most interesting observations of people's reactions to this newest 'news' is realizing how opposing opinions are actually using the same 'evidence' to come to their contradictory conclusions. That is, his silence on this either means it's true OR it means it's false and believers of both opinions will point to the fact that he IS being silent as proof that they're right! :blink:

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

Ain't that just the way? :lilredani:

BEEYUUUTEEEFul day here in the Bay Area---I think hubby and I might take the doggie for a long walk...

There used to be a site that had hundreds of Clay wav files - maybe someone else has it bookmarked.....I lost all my bookmarks when my last laptop died. Now I only have FCA and a couple of torrent sites bookmarked!

I go back and forth on the silence thing.....some days more than others *waves to cindilu2* but ultimately I don`t think it ``proves`` anything.

I shouldn`t laugh about others figuring out the privacy thing, because it`s honestly a good thing that they are. It`s just that some pretty obvious (to me, and I think to many of us here at FCA) things are being heralded as wonderful revelations. Like Clay`s private life is really private. We don`t really know him. And there is no point worrying about Clay`s career and sales numbers, etc, because it`s his, not ours. And yeah, I`m paraphrasing and generalizing. But I do find it pretty ironic. In the end, though, I hope that most fans can come to a comfortable place in their fandom and still be supportive, whatever it takes.

My computer is doing that weird thing again where the keys aren`t typing what I think they should. I mean, if I try to type the board code for putting something in a quote, this is what I get:

^^quote¸¸

And a question mark has become:

É

I think I need to reboot. Or find my manual. :cryingwlaughter: