#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

remembers Random Cute Guy with extreme fondness...

Just sayin, this polygamist camp FCA spa better have a real spa in it - with real hot masseuses...camp my butt...

I'm with you there, too, KAndre.

th_notcamping.jpg

I keep this little notebook on my desk, and never write in it because I don't want to use it up.

Random Cute Guy explanation - KAndre approached Saltie's husband at the CITH show in DC to 'interview' him for the CH cellstream. She referred to him as a Random Cute Guy. That was how I met KAndre, as I was at the show with Saltie and her husband - and cagney, too. That was a great night!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

All these hook-ups... :cryingwlaughter: I think I'm with djsfan (since I'm not sure I spelled that right, probably won't be with her long), but I'm not totally sure and since this is going to be a polygamist spa,.... 00lsee... you busy???? :cryingwlaughter:

One thing is for sure, if that child is Clay's, this was a long talked about and worked for happening and I sure hope the baby comes healthily for Jaymes and the baby (regardless of who the father is).

I just want Clay to be as happy as he was during promo the next time he appears... or happier would be even better!

Random thought of the morning. (I know, scary...)

There are some fans that are upset, and think that Clay should have told us SOMETHING, because "we're family." He said as much at the last DCAT show in Orlando. In a way, I do think that is true -- Clay seems to be a master of making families out of those around him (his Spamalot family, his touring family, and while it may be totally wrong to assume this, us as well). Families, as a general rule, tend to be protective, and want the best for their members. (Generalization there, but work with me on this...)

However...

...every family usually has one person that, for whatever reason, doesn't get all the information that being a family usually means. Example: I just don't tell my own mother that I go on Clay trips. She wouldn't understand that at all, and would probably think that I should be going to visit my sister in Florida on a regular basis instead. Again, a big generalization, but I think almost every family has a situation like this. You may tell everyone in your family (including Uncle Frank) some sort of news about your life -- except for Aunt Helen, who would not deal with the news very well, for whatever reason. Doesn't mean you don't love Aunt Helen, you just need either a better way to tell her about the news later, or in the end, she may not need to know at all.

In this case, and IIT (thanks for the explanation Iseeme, I needed help with that one too!), I'm thinking we as fans may be "Aunt Helen." He loves us, to be sure, but I would venture a guess that he pretty much knew that the emotions would run the gamut from "love this idea" to "how could you even think this Clay?" And lots of other stops in between. Since unfortunately, the squeaky wheels in this fandom often get the grease, he may have just decided that he wanted to break it to us gently, and later. Unfortunately, in this case, Uncle Frank had a big mouth, and broke the news before it should have gone out. That's the pissy part of this....but I've also seen that happen in families too.

And, to show that it can possibly work....

People magazine reports that Vin Diesel and his girlfriend had a baby:

Vin Diesel and his girlfriend, model Paloma Jimenez, have quietly become parents of a baby girl, his rep tells PEOPLE.

Diesel, 40, and Jimenez welcomed their first child on April 2.

I just did a search on People's website, and they didn't even have it announced that he was going to be a father. Yes, maybe Vin Diesel isn't as big of "star" as Clay Aiken, but I can see where Clay may have wanted it this way as well.

OK, off my soapbox.

Can't we all just have one big commune of love -- without the mud, but with hot tubs and such?

Iseeme...Have fun at Lake Tahoe... we actually have a time share up there.... we keep trading our time for other places though. I kinda miss it.

Clay Aiken is not our friend and damn sure ain't family. He gave us what he "owed" us a month ago..now I know it's not all platinumy or gold but it's still the most beautiful gift of thanks I've ever gotten. We are just not inner circle or on the same level as his REAL family and his REAL friends and that's as it should be. I'm sure Clay was going to tell us but that was usurped. So Plan B, whatever that is. Now, with the media interest anything he says will be news in two seconds. And I'm sure he thought about that before hand. But here's the thing, the only way to guarantee that this wouldn't get out before he had a chance to do it in his own way (IF IF UH) was to tell us the moment after conception. And personally I think that's a bit much to ask. I can so understand wanting to wait until the baby is born. Good for Vin. This is so weird even using the IF IF UH. I'll crack up if this is completely false LOL..and just thinking of all the backtracking will be fun to watch...especially coming on the heels of the Angelina thing. This could be a doubly whammy!!

Happy Friday. I'm going away for the weekend so ya'll be good... not that I won't be checking as I'm going to a house with more electronics than Scarlett hee. Hmmm haven't packed, have to work until noon where I have to put my office back together because they retiled the floors last night..still haven't figured out my parking situation. Yep this is going to be a stress free day.

ETA: Hey if our "fearless leader" can have an untraditional lifestyle IIU...so can we LOL....

interesting about Vin Deisel, ldyj...I was reading the latest Entertainment Weekly while waiting for my latte this morning and turned the page to find a small head-only pic of Clay on their "Monitor" page--the one that lists newsbites in groups like "Expecting" "Births" "Married", etc.

The first group is "Expecting" and Clay's pic and 'story' are the first things on the page:

Singer Clay Aiken, 29, will reportedly become a dad in August after artifically inseminating his music producer, Jaymes Foster. Aiken's reps wouldn't comment on the reports...

The pic is sorta weird to me, but then most of the pics of celebrities they use on this particular page ARE weird because they just use the face and head---no neck or anything to suggest that the face and head are attached to anything else! :cryingwlaughter: His hair looks not so good, but he's got a great smile goin' on!

It's becoming something of a sport to watch just how many ways these 'news' outlets can word the 'news'! We've heard that Clay has 'impregnated', 'artificially inseminated', 'fathered'...etc. I'm waiting for some rag to say Clay 'got jiggywiddit' any time now...

ETA: Ah...shucks, Couchie...I was gonna see if you wanted to watch some good softball with me this weekend!

I'm sure Clay was going to tell us but that was usurped. So Plan B, whatever that is.

What if he built a large, wooden badger......

I took today off from work, just 'cause I can! :tongue09: It's supposed to be close to 95, so I guess ice skating is out of the question! I'm heading out to get gas (OUCH!) then some iced coffee and a good book.

Have a good FRIDAY, everyone! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I found this this morning in an article in The Daily Mail "Cannes of worms: The ugly truth about the world's most famous film festival".

There I was, watching the stars going up and down in the glass lift, when I noticed yet another teenage model with a man who looked old enough to be her grandfather. No one batted an eye.

But when Sharon Stone had been in this very bar with a lover who was obviously 20 years her junior, and at the end of the evening had stood up, raised an immaculate eyebrow and summoned him to bed, everyone looked so shocked.

The talk of Cannes is how the stars' relationships are faring. My new TV presenter friend says: 'A cable channel has hired an interpreter of body language to spy on Angelina and Brad to find out whether he loves her.'

'Let me tell you,' adds a producer, 'I went to Brad and Jen's wedding, and they snogged for an hour. At their own wedding! That must be true love!'

'But I hear Jen is so boring,' interrupts my friend.

And so it goes on: the shredding of the people who have made it to the top, wanting to bring them right back down to the bottom again.

I see Michelle Williams braving the red carpet to promote her new film as shouts from the paparazzi, begging her to give just one soundbite about the death of her former fiancee; Heath Ledger, rain down on her narrow shoulders like hail.

The press reaction to Clay is all part of this ugly celebrity gossip culture justified because it sells papers, it keeps people watching the celebrity gossip television shows and because "we're just giving people what they want".

Bread and circuses...while millions around the world are starving, while the cost of oil is rocketing up to $200.00 a barrel...bread and circuses.

As long as Clay is a celebrity this crap will continue.

Does anyone out there have a joke? I'm feeling blue, the weather here is terrible, rain and 50F and a long range forecast for most of June being like this.

ps thanks for all the recipes for sexy cakes.

I was thinking........... (ok - go ahead and say you smelled something burning... I'll wait)

:drumsfingers:

Ok - well, anyhow, just thinking of random cute guy......

Maybe Jaymes wanted a baby and instead of going to any RCG, she had Clay. Right there.

I still hope they are a couple.... yes I do! ________ yes.I.do.

Anyhow....... I listened to the song OMWH this mornign with this in mind.... try it!!

I haven't read all the great posts from yesterday yet, I was busy watching SYTYCD pick the final 20, and you know you can't read and watch peeps dance at the same time!

Then I got caught up in a show called Celebrakadabra, in which apparently celebs have been doing some sort of magic competition. Next week is the final competition in Vegas. C. Thomas Howell and drawing a blank on this guy's first name Sparks. I set the recorder for next week so I don't miss the finale!

Yes, I am easily amused. What?

Off to lunch with a Clay friend and then to see "What Happens in Vegas" (I already saw Indy Jones!) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

All these hook-ups... :cryingwlaughter: I think I'm with djsfan (since I'm not sure I spelled that right, probably won't be with her long), but I'm not totally sure and since this is going to be a polygamist spa,.... 00lsee... you busy???? :cryingwlaughter:

blueeyes.gif

*Waggles fingertips*

Hey, if there's a spot there to ask Clay a question, go for it! I don't think you were rude by saying "what's happening". Hee. And in the spirit of "might as well laugh", I had the iPod on random this morning, and I got Tampa TV Medley. Clay and the girls are joking around about the Maury Povitch (sp?) show and Clay says, in an imitation-type voice "who's your baby daddy!" CMSU. Might have to make it my new Windows shut down sound or something. :cryingwlaughter:

Wheeeeee! Tonight I'm gonna get my Broadway Cares DVD! Thanks to FromClaygary! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clay and the girls are joking around about the Maury Povitch (sp?) show and Clay says, in an imitation-type voice "who's your baby daddy!" CMSU. Might have to make it my new Windows shut down sound or something. :cryingwlaughter:

Heh. I still have "all done darlin'. All finished" from the UNICEF Afghanistan video as my shut down sound on the laptop.

I could make "who's your baby daddy" the log on to Windows sound though...LOL.

Wheeeeee! Tonight I'm gonna get my Broadway Cares DVD! Thanks to FromClaygary! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

YAY! Very cool.

Yesterday, for some reason, this song popped into my head. And then I thought it apropos to Clay...

Make your own kind of music,

Sing your own special song,

Make your own kind of music,

Even if nobody else sings along...

Love Mama Cass' voice....

playbiller, I think that's been there since the beginning of the OFC redesign. I've just never thought I had anything to ask him! Hee.

Man, working on a Friday sucks. Especially where there's NO ONE here.

On the OFC, on Clay's page, there is an ask Clay a question button. I have never heard anyone talk about it though. Is it new?

It's been there since I can remember. Since the site was revamped awhile back.

ummm, or what ldyj just said *blush*

...ask him a good one, k?

Hey Lotus, this is for you. Sorry if its a little politically incorrect.

GEORGE CARLIN'S NEW RULES FOR 2008

New Rule: No more gift registries. You know, it used to be just for weddings. Now it's for babies and new homes and graduations from rehab. Picking out the stuff you want and having other people buy it for you isn't gift giving, it's the white people version of looting.

New Rule: Stop giving me that pop-up ad for classmates.com! There's a reason you don't talk to people for 25 years. Because you don't particularly like them! Besides, I already know what the captain of the football team is doing these days --- mowing my lawn.

New Rule: Don't eat anything that's served to you out a window unless you're a seagull. People are acting all shocked that a human finger was found in a bowl of Wendy's chili. Hey, it cost less than a dollar. What did you expect it to contain? Lobster?

New Rule: Stop saying that teenage boys who have sex with their hot, blonde teachers are permanently damaged. I have a better description for these kids: 'Lucky bastards.'< B>

New Rule: If you need to shave and you still collect baseball cards, you're a dope. If you're a kid, the cards are keep sakes of your idols. If you're a grown man, they're pictures of men.

New Rule: Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here's how much men care about your eyebrows: Do you have two of them? Good, we're done.

New Rule: There's no such thing as flavored water. There's a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but, without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

New Rule: Stop screwing with old people. Target is introducing a redesigned pill bottle that's square, with a bigger label. And the top is now the bottom. And by the time grandpa figures out how to open it, his ass will be in the morgue. Congratulations, Target, you just solved the Social Security crisis.

New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the asshole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a 'decaf grandee, half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low, and One Nutra Sweet,' ooooh, you're a huge asshole.

New Rule: I'm not the cashier! By the time I look up from sliding my card, entering My PIN number, pressing 'Enter', verifying the amount, deciding, 'No', I don't want Cash back, and pressing 'Enter' again, the kid who is supposed to be ringing me up is standing there eating my Almond Joy.

New Rule: Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you Spiritual. It's right above the crack of your ass. And it translates to 'beef with broccoli'. The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high.

New Rule: Competitive eating isn't a sport. It's one of the seven deadly sins. ESPN recently televised the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating, because watching those athletes at the poker table was just too damned exciting. What's next, competitive farting? Oh wait, they're already doing that. It's called 'The Howard Stern Show'.

New Rule: I don't need a bigger mega M&Ms. If I'm extra hungry for M&Ms, I'll go nuts and eat two.< U>

New Rule: If you 're going to insist on making movies based on crappy old television shows, then you have to give everyone in the Cineplex a remote so we can see what's playing on the other screens. Let's remember the reason something was a television show in the first place was that the idea wasn't good enough to be a movie.

New Rule: And this one is long overdue: No more bathroom attendants. After I zip up, some guy is offering me a towel and a mint like I just had sex with George Michael. I can't even tell if he's supposed to be there, or just some freak with a fetish. I don't want to be on your webcam, Dude.& nbsp; I just want to wash my hands!

New Rule: When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear '27 months'. 'He's two' will do just fine. He's not a cheese. And I didn't really care in the first place.

New Rule: If you ever hope to be a credible adult and want a job that pays better than Minimum wage, then for God's sake don't pierce or tattoo every available piece of flesh. If so, then plan your future around saying, 'Do you want fries with that?'

I love George Carlin's new rules. And I have no problem with it not being politically correct because pc should only refer to computers. People should be able to say what they want, although it would be nice if some people weren't assholes.

FromCalgary, thanks for bringing over the post about later in life pregnancies. I'm never sure what can be brought over. I just thought it illustrated how much this baby was wanted, even if Clay is not the father. And because Clay loves Jaymes, he is probably both excited and worried about her. And I don't get the Jaymes hate I've seen on some other boards. What the hell did she do to any of them? I don't gets it.

And there was something else I wanted to comment on but I lost it between starting this post and finishing it. Well crap.

Now i remember, how do you do the sounds for shutting down the computer and the welcome to Clay? I'd love to have Clay talking to me everytime I shut down and signed on.

And there was something else I wanted to comment on but I lost it between starting this post and finishing it. Well crap.

I swear this could be my life's theme right now. I need to start working on ways to keep my brain sharp. heh. Took forever to hook up my phone, computer, credit card machine... this is the 21st century..haven't they thought of a way to retile without having to move everything? No?

Well of course it's ok to hate Jaymes cuz if it weren't for her Clay would be on tour right now doncha know. IIU and now that we know why he just had to have it out by May ..the reason ain't good enough. I can't remember more than a few instances of their public interaction -- I didn't realize she was Fran reincarnated instead this time she got the naive man rather than just his company. I personally never noticed the drool running down her chin. I do hope we get a yes or no answer and that's it. The rest is not our business...as nosy as I am.

I I U ...sooooo how many more months of I I U - LOL

Heh. I still have "all done darlin'. All finished" from the UNICEF Afghanistan video as my shut down sound on the laptop.

I could make "who's your baby daddy" the log on to Windows sound though...LOL.

OK, techno dumbo checking in here. How the hell do you guys do these things? :blink:

LOVE the Carlin rules! THANKS!...gonna quicklikeabunny send them to hubby. We're both George Carlin fans...

GEORGE CARLIN'S NEW RULES FOR 2008

New Rule: There's no such thing as flavored water. There's a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but, without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

New Rule: I'm not the cashier! By the time I look up from sliding my card, entering My PIN number, pressing 'Enter', verifying the amount, deciding, 'No', I don't want Cash back, and pressing 'Enter' again, the kid who is supposed to be ringing me up is standing there eating my Almond Joy.

New Rule: Competitive eating isn't a sport. It's one of the seven deadly sins. ESPN recently televised the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating, because watching those athletes at the poker table was just too damned exciting. What's next, competitive farting? Oh wait, they're already doing that. It's called 'The Howard Stern Show'. :lmaosmiley-1:

New Rule: If you ever hope to be a credible adult and want a job that pays better than Minimum wage, then for God's sake don't pierce or tattoo every available piece of flesh. If so, then plan your future around saying, 'Do you want fries with that?'

LOVE these! My absolute favorites above

FromCalgary, thanks for bringing over the post about later in life pregnancies. I'm never sure what can be brought over. I just thought it illustrated how much this baby was wanted, even if Clay is not the father. And because Clay loves Jaymes, he is probably both excited and worried about her. And I don't get the Jaymes hate I've seen on some other boards. What the hell did she do to any of them? I don't gets it.

I did too...and that's exactly why I brought it. There is little chance this could be a spur of the moment nice thing to do for a friend, I think.

No Jaymes hate from me....anytime I've spoken to her she's been nice, funny, down-to-earth. Quiet.

Besides~Clay loves her, that's clear, and that makes her, as a wise someone said yesterday~my peeps.

maybe it would be a little uncomfortable for some to smut knowing Clay is in a relationship

Oh, doubties for some......I bet the surveillance was ramped up. I hate that I know ANY of his personal life, right now, it is all so intrusive, and some think they are entitled to it for the cost of a CD or concert ticket.

Agree.

You know, I've seen just about everything expressed today......anger, jealousy, comtempt, agendas, conspiracy theories, you name it, it's out there. A lot of it is just whacked, IMO. I just have to believe that if people can allow themselves to get so upset and worked up over something that we don't even know is true, it might be better if they took a step back. If it means they decide not to be a fan anymore, so be it. If not this, then the next thing would probably push their buttons. There is always going to be something. I'm not saying that everyone has to agree with or be happy with what Clay says, does, records, etc etc etc.....of course not, and most of the discussion has been very good and therapeutic even.....but the level of emotion I've seen in the odd post around the boards today has been eye-opening. Skeery even.

I hope the fans, as a group, can mostly band together in love and support for Clay & Jaymes & the baby, whatever the circumstances. And I think that is what is ultimately happening, although it's been a bit of a slow process. I'm feeling a lot more positive about it tonight than I was earlier today. I am just too thin skinned.....I really know better than to venture outside of this safe haven.

I want all those things too.

muski, if you're asking for your Mac -- I haven't a clue.

For those on Windows though:

Start --> Settings --> Control panel --> Sounds. Then, click on the sounds tab, and look in the list to find the "event" you want the sound associated with (such as "windows shutdown"). If there is a sound associated with it, it will have a little speaker next to it. After you select the event, then you can browse to your sound files and find the file you want to attach.

Techies stronger than I -- am I close to right?

Can someone rip the "who's your baby daddy?" for me though? Just as that clip? Pweeze?

I do not understand the hate of Jaymes or anybody else associated with Clay. I do not know these people so will not put anyone down. It does appear he thinks alot of her, and we do not know of what degree. I just know up to last week he has looked so happy and content. These people who constantly write about the demise of his carreer just irritate me. I understand that his fan base is less but he was never going to maintain the amount he had right after idol. I look at his sales and wish for more, but nobody is selling in overwelming numbers. It has really changed even more in the last year. Groups that my children listen to are now selling one-half or a third of what they did 2-3 years ago. I just want him around to entertain us, and to have respect on the people who are important. Be damn the bottom feeders.

I just attempted to pull weeds. It is 90 outside, I lasted abour 30 minutes and had to come in. It is suppose to be like this tomorrow and I am suppose to bike ride 40-50 miles. I may have to rethink that. I will be working the registration first so I may just change my mind when it is mine time to start.

Okay - I know IIF = If It's True

But what the heck is IIU ???

:)

"if if um...if if um..."

As in the clueless guard that Clay played in Spamalot....

That couchie, always trying to cut down on typing...and adding one more abbreviation to our lexicon...